Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2010 7:43 AM

Jan 2009
ridojiriOct 26, 2015 8:22 PM
Apr 30, 2010 8:13 AM

Dec 2009
^ oh why? XD i like him~ well, i love every character in oofuri... (but Suyama didnt even appear as much as Nishihiro, a pitty... i think they quite focus on Mihashi, Abe, Tajima, Hanai, Izumi, Sakaeguchi and even Mizutani, lol...)
I think it was great to feel the competition within the team.
And I love Mihashi, he is so keen on baseball XD - a true baseball freak, haha...
I believe in karma what you give is what you get returned~ ♫
May 4, 2010 10:24 AM

Aug 2009
Where the fuck are the subs?
May 4, 2010 11:37 AM
Dec 2008
Bocca said:
Where the fuck are the subs?

Well, I'm awaiting my translator to return from his weekend business trip so he can start. Normally he is back by Monday. However, this week he's due back on Tuesday. Assuming he gets me a script tonight(most likely tomorrow though) we'll have the show up on Friday morning.

We aren't students and most of my folks have to work during the day(except me - retired). Please be patient.
May 5, 2010 7:48 AM
Dec 2008
ridojiri said:
Well, I'm awaiting my translator to return from his weekend business trip so he can start. Normally he is back by Monday. However, this week he's due back on Tuesday. Assuming he gets me a script tonight(most likely tomorrow though) we'll have the show up on Friday morning.

We aren't students and most of my folks have to work during the day(except me - retired). Please be patient.

Sigh poor Heibi. Bocca go fuck a duck. Dattebayo are only on episode 3 and you have the nerve?
Release it when you want to Heibi. Impatient fucks should just improve their Japanese, not complain like cuntfucks.

Translator is back and working on the script. He says he'll get it to me by tonight.
May 5, 2010 11:51 PM

Oct 2008
ridojiri said:
Sigh poor Heibi. Bocca go fuck a duck. Dattebayo are only on episode 3 and you have the nerve?
Release it when you want to Heibi. Impatient fucks should just improve their Japanese, not complain like cuntfucks.

Now you know that the complaints Heibi has to deal with are pretty much the same complaints anime companies have to deal with in the states.
May 7, 2010 12:30 AM

Oct 2008
ridojiri said:
Maybe, but there is no real reason why they [foreign from japan anime dubbing/production/subbing companies] should not be half the speed, or more than half the speed, of a fansubbing group like central anime or dattebayo.

*facepalm* Oh here we go with this "speed dubbing" argument.

I highly doubt anything I could ever explain to you matter to you. I do have theories based on resources from certain people and websites as to why most American companies can't easily simulcast a dub or show in subtitles at the same time an anime premieres in Japan. But even if I knew the absolute answer, would you be willing to listen. So there's no point in me explaining.

The only way I think you would be willing to get it is if you actually were in the same shoes as any person in any American company that had to do with subtitling/dubbing anime.

*Also if my post initally sounded more harsh, that was a fault on my part for mistaking you for the guy that said "where the fuck are the subs?" So again, I apologize.
HypeathonMay 7, 2010 12:42 AM
May 7, 2010 4:44 AM
May 7, 2010 8:58 AM

Apr 2008
Thanks Heibi. Love it how fast you post it on MaL
May 7, 2010 9:00 AM

May 2007
Heibi thanks for the release. =)

Is this the translator you pay money for ?

The episode was decent and I have been thinking about whether to actually start reading the manga because I've become kinda impatient....I want to know whats gonna happen next and I've read up all the chapters that were used up for season 1. So I can catch up and go further in the story pretty quickly. ;) Damn....I've been thinking about it since episode 2 of season 2 because I watched season 1 in one sitting....so the urge wasn't there but I sooooooooooo have it now. =P
May 7, 2010 11:51 AM
Dec 2008
JCDRANZER said:
Heibi thanks for the release. =)

Is this the translator you pay money for ?

The episode was decent and I have been thinking about whether to actually start reading the manga because I've become kinda impatient....I want to know whats gonna happen next and I've read up all the chapters that were used up for season 1. So I can catch up and go further in the story pretty quickly. ;) Damn....I've been thinking about it since episode 2 of season 2 because I watched season 1 in one sitting....so the urge wasn't there but I sooooooooooo have it now. =P

Yep, the translator we use for Ookiku we pay. In fact we pay any translator we use.
May 7, 2010 4:18 PM
Dec 2007
Perfect episode as usual.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
May 7, 2010 7:12 PM

Jan 2008
Central is doing a Great job on this. It was my error not to watch their releases up to now.

Really an episode that immersed me into the game.
May 7, 2010 10:22 PM

Aug 2008
Really. This is the most adorable team ever. Goofy, heart-warming interactions like the ones between Hanai, Tajima, and Ren are what made me fall in love with the show. Awesome. I loved it.
May 8, 2010 5:56 AM

Dec 2008
Good episode as I expected. I love this show.

I like how they show the opponent's fustration that they couldn't advance further for their senpai.

Though, not looking forward for the other team going after Abe there in game.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
May 8, 2010 12:34 PM

May 2009
Fun episode. It's hard not to like this team once you get to know them. Mihashi's at the point where he's using his insecurities/paranoia in a very positive way, challenging himself to continually strengthen his game and maintain his position. I thought he had a great at bat too. He knew exactly what he was doing up there. As for Hanai, the way he overcame his problem was a bit unexpected. Funny to see a bit of Mihashi in him in the way he reacts to positive feedback. Coach was great and accomplished what she wanted to get out of this game against an overmatched team. Further out, I'm looking forward to see what that coach intends to do against Abe (and how Nishiura will deal with it).
May 11, 2010 7:38 PM

Jul 2009
A great episode! I love the character interactions both for Nishiura and the other teams.
May 13, 2010 1:19 AM

Jul 2009
Hypeathon said:
I highly doubt anything I could ever explain to you matter to you. I do have theories based on resources from certain people and websites as to why most American companies can't easily simulcast a dub or show in subtitles at the same time an anime premieres in Japan. But even if I knew the absolute answer, would you be willing to listen. So there's no point in me explaining.

I don't mind the Oofuri couple day delay since Central Anime isn't asking me for money. Even then, I think a couple days isn't really terrible.

However, Funi is doing 5 leaves + yojouhan like a couple hours after it is done, so it is possible. Just, funi is a company and they have the resource to pay everyone salaries and can say "you need it done by ___ or you are fired" Plus they get the script.

Expecting fansubs to be like that is silly. I know CA pays their translator but the translator has an actual job.. They don't have to put Oofuri out for us. They are not a company. :< If I go to their website I probably wouldn't be plagued with ads (though I use adblocker)..

Anyways, this was moe moe moe~