Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 5, 2022 9:23 AM

Apr 2018
He is just the typical comedy relief and pervert. He also makes a better impression than half of the class. You wouldn't even remember the names of garbage like the Animal-Talking Guy, Tail Guy, and Multi-Arm Guy. Those dudes are all too forgettable and useless unlike Mineta. Mineta got a niche and he does his job well.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 5, 2022 9:33 AM

Jul 2020
Dragevard said:
He is just the typical comedy relief and pervert. He also makes a better impression than half of the class. You wouldn't even remember the names of garbage like the Animal-Talking Guy, Tail Guy, and Multi-Arm Guy. Those dudes are all too forgettable and useless unlike Mineta. Mineta got a niche and he does his job well.

yeah he is the typical meme pervy character, nothing too strange. I dont know why people are so surprised by him. Nowadays you can't joke anymore or you get cancelled so its normal that people hate him. But he remain a useless background character like most of the class.
i'm not an english native speaker
Sep 5, 2022 9:41 AM
Feb 2022
Yes, he's a pervy character made just for guys like you...
Sep 5, 2022 9:42 AM
Jan 2022
And I don't see the problem with this anime not existing.
Sep 5, 2022 9:44 AM

Dec 2021
Tbh he is really strong in the game : 'MHA - Strongest Hero', idk how but it is what it is.....

Sep 5, 2022 9:52 AM
Sep 2021
I mean I think in general this type of character in animanga is usually annoying and unnecessary but it’s mainly bc people who have like no experience with anime watch this and then get shocked when they see Mineta, not knowing how common it is.
Sep 5, 2022 9:53 AM
Mar 2021
Yeah there’s other pervert characters like Meliodas but nobody hates him because he’s kind of good looking
Sep 5, 2022 9:57 AM
May 2022
I mean he’s like a weirder version of MT mc ruduess i think i spelt that correctly.
Sep 5, 2022 9:57 AM

May 2017
Mineta isn't anything special but I love how much some people hate him with a passion. Mineta is like the toxic MHA fans' kriptonite.
Sep 5, 2022 10:08 AM

Feb 2010
Personally he bores me like all characters whose sole purpose is pervertedness do but I don't mind him if he's going to do something interesting
Sep 5, 2022 10:16 AM
Jun 2021
this is bait right no way ppl like this exist
Sep 5, 2022 10:33 AM
Oct 2021
I see a problem with you.
Sep 5, 2022 10:36 AM
Jan 2021
It's funny how so many fans of MHA hate Mineta for being a pervert or sexualizing any of the characters in this show, and then they'll turn around and promote their Endeavor x Shoto fanfictions
Sep 5, 2022 10:50 AM
Dec 2020
I don’t really care for him tbh, I find those Pervy meme characters annoying, but I’ll usually just end up ignoring those characters. I can understand why people like him though and I can understand why people don’t.
Sep 5, 2022 10:55 AM
Nov 2021
TheFireNinja said:
Mineta's okay. But he doesn't really stand out compared to most characters in anime. He's just like any other perverted character (Master Roshi, Jiraiya, Meliodas, etc.). His quirk has proved useful at times, but it isn't really spectacular. The most he can do is stick people together and stick onto things.

tbf though thats a pretty useful quirk for hero work. their main goal is to stop villains and helping with disasters, so his hair comes in pretty handy in capturing villains.. Id like to know more if his hair can handle extreme circumstances like Dabi's fire and whatnot though, otherwise you're pretty much fucked if you find yourself covered with his hair. If his hair is basically fire proof, theres a lot of ways that can potentially help in fire rescues and whatnot as well. you could probably even make an emergency sling with it for broken arms, with the bonus side effect it'd be more difficult to jostle that arm since the hair could be used to stick it in a sling position onto the victim's torso. However, since MHA is less about educating these students and more about Midoriya beating up people, we dont get to see a lot of status effecting quirks like Mineta in action.
Sep 5, 2022 10:55 AM

Jul 2022
so? what's your point? even if he is typical comedy relief pervert so we can't dislike or hate him? what do you mean by better impression? his annoying personality makes him more remembering character but why it's better? mha has too many characters...and it's not well written...no wonder there will be some character no one gonna remember...lol! if you mention some other pervs like melodious or jiraiya or sanji or some others...they are not that one dimensional...like only character traits anyone can remember is they are pervert! LOL! for a useless pervert... he got too much screentime and it's not even funny unlike other pervs..so people have problem w him
"๐‚๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ซ ๐›๐ฅ๐ฎ๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ซ
๐‡๐ข๐ ๐ก ๐ญ๐ข๐๐ž ๐œ๐š๐ฆ๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐›๐ซ๐จ๐ฎ๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ข๐ง
๐€๐ง๐ ๐ˆ ๐œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐ ๐จ ๐จ๐ง ๐š๐ง๐ ๐จ๐ง, ๐จ๐ง ๐š๐ง๐ ๐จ๐ง ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ˆ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ
๐’๐ค๐ข๐ž๐ฌ ๐ ๐ซ๐ž๐ฐ ๐๐š๐ซ๐ค๐ž๐ซ
๐‚๐ฎ๐ซ๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐ฐ๐ž๐ฉ๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐š๐ ๐š๐ข๐ง
๐€๐ง๐ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ ๐จ๐ง๐ž, ๐ ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ ๐จ๐ง๐ž"
Sep 5, 2022 10:58 AM
Nov 2021
Dragevard said:

I dont really see a problem with any of the characters. Maybe people hate on Mineta to make themselves feel better about themselves, I wouldn't know though. He does get a lot more lines than other characters because of his nature. Wish we could see more of the dupli arms guy.
Sep 5, 2022 10:59 AM
Aug 2020
Ishinash1999_ said:
Yes. Only the cringe Twitter users females cry about him

bro needs to get some bitches
Sep 5, 2022 11:24 AM
Feb 2019
INSANELYWP said:
this is bait right no way ppl like this exist

but why is Master Roshi, Jiraiya being old and Pervy acceptable to the community but it’s not with mineta? When ya know.. he’s actually at that age where boys can be really horny and pervy. Makes more sense for Mineta than it does for the old geezers ๐Ÿ˜‚
Sep 5, 2022 11:28 AM

Jul 2019
I swear I've seen threads like this so many times.

Anyway Mineta is also in the same anime ppl are welcomed into. ppl who don't know shit about anime will hate this dude for existing bc they are new to seeing characters of his type.
Sep 5, 2022 11:34 AM
Apr 2021
Probably because he is just super fucking annoying
Sep 5, 2022 11:55 AM

Apr 2016
Dragevard said:

And that typical comedy relief use to be hateful, so... Mineta is hateful.

I just hope they give him some kind of development. A hero definitely shouldn't be like him (they already punished Bakugou for his bad manners)
Sep 5, 2022 12:09 PM
Jul 2022
Mineta in Polish language is a word for „making good” to a girl with a tongue. Just FYI ;D
Sep 5, 2022 12:11 PM
Jul 2021
Kapi_the_Bean said:
Yeah there’s other pervert characters like Meliodas but nobody hates him because he’s kind of good looking

meliodas has redeeming qualities, mineta does not.
Sep 5, 2022 12:26 PM

Aug 2017
Mineta serves as a hindrance. He's only a support character but like he has no redeeming qualities about him except that he's annoying lol.

I can name multiple pervy characters that are more useful than him (Issei, Keiichi Maebara, Meliodas, Jiraiya, Master Roshi, etc).

Sep 5, 2022 12:30 PM
May 2022
With Kanojo Okarishimasu existing NO ONE can shit on perverts anymore. Kazuya is three parallel universes ahead of all the disgusting pervs
Sep 5, 2022 1:03 PM
Apr 2022
yes I actually don't remember the names of others
Sep 5, 2022 1:07 PM

Jul 2015
His "jokes" get really old really fast.
His entire character is him being pervert chasing girls, which him being short and not really attractive makes him even worse.

Sep 5, 2022 1:10 PM
Jan 2022
I used to hate him too, but I honestly don’t see why anymore. He’s just there to add that bit of humour to the show sometimes. And with all of the perverted stuff he does is nothing compared to some parts of the fandom
Sep 5, 2022 1:12 PM
Jul 2021
yeah there are so many pervy characters that ppl like but when it comes to mineta the only reason ppl say they dont like him is cus he is a pervert, like make it make sense overhated character
Sep 5, 2022 1:33 PM
Aug 2021
you might forget koda's name but it's a fact he is better than grape ball
Sep 5, 2022 4:20 PM
Aug 2021
Kapi_the_Bean said:

exactly the double standards
Sep 5, 2022 4:44 PM
Aug 2019
I don't hate Mineta. I just find him useless.
Sep 5, 2022 5:46 PM
May 2022
Daninokuni said:
Dragevard said:

I just hope they give him some kind of development. A hero definitely shouldn't be like him (they already punished Bakugou for his bad manners)

Bru, hateful? That's a bit strong there. Like yeah, I'm not saying that he isn't a little creeper, but despite all that, he doesn't really do much. He's just a perv side character who really wants a girlfriend but lacks the tact to get one, yet is like in the top 10 most hated characters ๐Ÿ˜‚ like ig if people view him as hate character then yeah, but to me he's not that bad, I don't even think he's the worst character in the show, he just needs a little development and will prolly end up a decent character.

what makes him a hateful character anyway? ๐Ÿค”
Sep 5, 2022 5:48 PM
May 2022
Ishinash1999_ said:
Yes. Only the cringe Twitter users females cry about him

the same ones who deny that the events of Shield Hero S1 actually do happen in real life ๐Ÿคฆ‍โ™‚๏ธ
(I didn't say what cause if you haven't seen it, I don't wanna spoil it for you)
Sep 5, 2022 5:50 PM
May 2022
Dragevard said:

truth, I think if they shape him up a bit like bakugou he'll actually be a pretty decent character, even now he's better known then most the cast.
Sep 5, 2022 6:01 PM
Apr 2020
bc he just isn’t funny. his whole existence is to be funny and it doesn’t work Lol
Sep 5, 2022 7:59 PM
Jan 2021
He is not bad in the way people say he is bad, but I find his character way to one dimensional to make his pervyness funny. Sanji, master roshi and Jiraiya are much better and more important.
Sep 5, 2022 11:26 PM
Nov 2021
Ixed_Cxffee said:
And I don't see the problem with this anime not existing.

I whole heartedly agree Ong
Sep 6, 2022 12:34 AM

May 2021
yeah,And he is fucking annoying like his every other counterpart in the medium
Sep 6, 2022 12:55 AM

Apr 2016
Ginger_Menace19 said:
Daninokuni said:

Bru, hateful? That's a bit strong there. Like yeah, I'm not saying that he isn't a little creeper, but despite all that, he doesn't really do much. He's just a perv side character who really wants a girlfriend but lacks the tact to get one, yet is like in the top 10 most hated characters ๐Ÿ˜‚ like ig if people view him as hate character then yeah, but to me he's not that bad, I don't even think he's the worst character in the show, he just needs a little development and will prolly end up a decent character.

When he tries to spy girls in the showers, touch them without permission and things like that... it's absolutely disgusting.
But I'm willing to acept character development to fix that. At least other characters also think he is disgusting.
Sep 6, 2022 12:57 AM

Apr 2016
Threeiece said:
He is not bad in the way people say he is bad, but I find his character way to one dimensional to make his pervyness funny. Sanji, master roshi and Jiraiya are much better and more important.

I think Roshi and Jiraiya are disgusting too, but Mineta is way worse.

Sanji is a good character. He's a pervert, but he wouldn't touch a girl without permission and never would let someone to do it.
Sep 6, 2022 1:06 AM
May 2022
Daninokuni said:
Ginger_Menace19 said:

When he tries to spy girls in the showers, touch them without permission and things like that... it's absolutely disgusting.
But I'm willing to acept character development to fix that. At least other characters also think he is disgusting.

yeah ig but disgusting and hateful aren't the same thing ๐Ÿ˜‚ if anything, mineta loves women too much.
and true, everybody knows he's a little perv, even if he's not really that bad.
and yeah, MHA is trying to improve the cast, which sucks. Bakugou wont be as much of an a-hole, nor todoroki the edgy kid with daddy issues, and mineta will be a lot less degenerate, to name a few. I think its way funnier to leave the characters at their most extreme, like Kazuma and Darkness from Konosuba. that boy is down horrendous, and has no wish to change, and darkness shall always remain... darkness๐Ÿ˜‚
Sep 6, 2022 1:26 AM
Jan 2021
Daninokuni said:
Threeiece said:

Sanji is a good character. He's a pervert, but he wouldn't touch a girl without permission and never would let someone to do it.

Yeah Roshi and Jiraiya are annoying perverts, but Jiraiya at least gets cool fighting and has interesting interactions with the main cast. Roshi is gokus teacher and also had some interesing arcs in DB and DBS
Sep 6, 2022 1:41 AM

Apr 2016
Ginger_Menace19 said:
Daninokuni said:

yeah ig but disgusting and hateful aren't the same thing ๐Ÿ˜‚ if anything, mineta loves women too much.
and yeah, MHA is trying to improve the cast, which sucks. Bakugou wont be as much of an a-hole, nor todoroki the edgy kid with daddy issues, and mineta will be a lot less degenerate, to name a few. I think its way funnier to leave the characters at their most extreme, like Kazuma and Darkness from Konosuba. that boy is down horrendous, and has no wish to change, and darkness shall always remain... darkness๐Ÿ˜‚

Well, this is a show about heroes.
You can't expect the heroes, and above of that, the main heroes, to be degenerate criminals as Mineta.
Sep 6, 2022 1:42 AM

Apr 2016
Threeiece said:
Daninokuni said:

Yeah Roshi and Jiraiya are annoying perverts, but Jiraiya at least gets cool fighting and has interesting interactions with the main cast. Roshi is gokus teacher and also had some interesing arcs in DB and DBS

Yeah, their degenerate side is still anoying, but they have other facets that make them better characters than Mineta.
Sep 6, 2022 1:51 AM
May 2022
Daninokuni said:
Ginger_Menace19 said:

You can't expect the heroes, and above of that, the main heroes, to be degenerate criminals as Mineta.

but you can't make everyone a Mary or Gary sue, or else literally everyone will dog on it, for good reason.
if there is no problems, then nothing can really be improved with the characters except to make them regress which is counter intuitive to what the show is trying to do.
and mineta has committed no crimes so far, just thought about it ๐Ÿ˜‚
Sep 6, 2022 2:14 AM

Apr 2016
Ginger_Menace19 said:
Daninokuni said:

but you can't make everyone a Mary or Gary sue, or else literally everyone will dog on it, for good reason.
if there is no problems, then nothing can really be improved with the characters except to make them regress which is counter intuitive to what the show is trying to do.

Well, a hero should, at least, don't be a criminal xD
Mineta's attempts are actually real crimes and most of characters think he is disgusting.

I don't really like main characters being disgusting criminals xD
Sep 6, 2022 2:39 AM
May 2022
Daninokuni said:
Ginger_Menace19 said:

Well, a hero should, at least, don't be a criminal xD
Mineta's attempts are actually real crimes and most of characters think he is disgusting.

I don't really like main characters being disgusting criminals xD

in a hero show thats fair, it would be hard to tell villain and hero apart ๐Ÿ˜‚ but some shows can be quite amusing with delinquent characters always acting up ๐Ÿ˜‚
Sep 6, 2022 3:22 AM
Jul 2018
I heard that Mineta in a certain language means cunnilingus.
removed-userSep 6, 2022 3:33 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

278 by Apreggi »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

297 by Apreggi »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2016

217 by Apreggi »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2016

263 by Apreggi »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 15, 2016

334 by Apreggi »»
Today, 1:57 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.