Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 7 Discussion

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 1, 2022 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Yikes, a murder case. While the show had a lot of action this season, this seems to be the first deeper mystery revolving around a murder.

Meanwhile, we still have Bell fighting the good fight, the hero this anime needed. Sanjouno also feels more and more like a fangirl with each episode this season lol...
Sep 1, 2022 7:33 AM
Aug 2018
Great Episode. Loved it
Sep 1, 2022 7:49 AM

Oct 2017
Nice Cassandra fanservice right at the begining. Her dream was quite something though, hope they can avoid that outcome. Also poor Haruhime got burned.
Sep 1, 2022 7:50 AM

Jul 2020
Well, nothing really happened, the whole episode was just preparations for the future development. Adventurers gathered people to go look for Ryuu who had allegedly murdered a guy. Bell and his team join the others in their search to try to reach Ryuu before the others do. It was funny how Cassandra was coming up with the excuses to persuade her friends not to go down to 27th floor cuz apparently she'd had a premonition that they all would die down there.
Sep 1, 2022 8:06 AM

Apr 2010
Poor Haruhime being used as a excuse.
Anyway it seems Daphne has more abilities than people realise but she is just to shy and insecure to share her visions.
Let's hope it doesn't come true and that she can speak out about them.

As for the mob of adventures well that's never a good thing let's just hope they keep to reason and don't use much violence.
Tho things could get bloody i don't think this group is heading towards to much good stuff.
Sep 1, 2022 8:19 AM

Jul 2017
Cassandra's dark dream with that hinge of fanservice...and Ryu's disappearance that led the whole town into total outcry of a murderer on the loose thinking that it was her, the Gale Wind at play.

In retrospect, Bell and the Hestia Familia are finding this very hard to believe that Ryu would suddenly become an accused mass murderer, and the only logical way is to join the hunt to find her down before all the others do. Though Ryu's connection to her old Astrea Familia and Cassandra's dream paint a grim picture that's definitely a premonition for death flags.

Cassandra being part of the Apollo Familia whom is literally like a prophetic dream seer to know of events ahead of time, something that Gods where able to predict, and of course, none of the people around her took her seriously, especially Daphne. And since this involves Ryu's inclusion into her dream, this will indefinitely put Bell in the line of danger, and thankfully there's Welf that at least follows her plan thanks to Bell's overperforming nature.

The 27th Floor, at the base of the Great Falls, is where Cassandra's dream HAS to work by stopping people, and bit by bit, she is both relieved and greatly concerned to hide her prophetic nature, by hook or by crook.

Bell enters alone with the other adventurers, and well...it's a setup.
Sep 1, 2022 8:35 AM
May 2021
this season going slow pacing and that's actually make me happy.
No noticeable cut contents. They are adapting it pretty well.
Danmachi is finally getting the treatment it deserves.
Sep 1, 2022 8:50 AM
Mar 2015
The hunt for Gale Wind ensues despite dreams of disaster
Sep 1, 2022 9:00 AM
Aug 2016
great and bountiful episode
Sep 1, 2022 9:55 AM
Jul 2021
And improvement over last weeks episode, that just felt like a weird rushed catch up episode for everything that had just happened.
But I just hate how no one believes in Cassandra, even though they just went through exactly what her last prophesy said....
Sep 1, 2022 10:03 AM

Feb 2019
Man I really wish cassandra would’ve properly explained her foresight. It wouldn’t have stopped what the other adventurers were doing but it could’ve helped Hestia familiia.

well adapted episode. Some people probably gonna complain about the gore of the murder scene being toned down compared to the books, but hey, we got cassandra titties which is all that matters to me.

Loving the pacing JC are giving us this season. Having two cours really makes things easier and more relaxed.
Marinate1016Sep 1, 2022 10:15 AM
Sep 1, 2022 10:12 AM

Dec 2007
Man, we almost died.... LET DO IT AGAIN!
Sep 1, 2022 10:17 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
That was quite the chilling vision that Cassandra had there. Money does have a habit of making people change their minds especially when the bounty is that high. Given how unfairly large that hunting party is joining them and then stealing their prize by reaching Ryu first sounds like a fun plan. Indeed search quests within dungeons sound real tricky. Still its nice to see Cassandra get her time in the spotlight this arc. Poor Haruhime though being used as a lie in the worst possible way. Bell's gonna need a lot of luck for the hell thats waiting for him below thats for sure.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2022 10:33 AM

Sep 2013
Aside from Haruhime's irritating lack of communication skills (she said literally nothing to people, yet expected them to listen to "just stop. Don't go"), rest of the ep is nicely planned and cool stuff awaits.
Sep 1, 2022 11:36 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Cassandra has another prophetic dream that involves everyone except Bell dying and just like the myth itself no one believes her. Ryu has been accused of murder and was last seen heading down the lower levels of the dungeon. A hunting party was formed to collect the potential bounty on her head and Bell's party tags along in hoping they would get to Ryu first. Cassandra tries to delay the inevitable, but ends up making this awkward for Bell's party including throwing Haruhime under the bus with a lie. I don't know about you, but sending all those people in the dungeon to find one person seems very pointless since no one knows where she is and if Ryu went further ahead, she can possibly set a trap for them not to mention the monsters that are already down there.

We'll see what happens in the dungeon this time and if Bell's party can avoid dying in Cassandra's dream.
Sep 1, 2022 11:38 AM

May 2021
this is about to get really messy...
Sep 1, 2022 11:48 AM

Sep 2014
Cassandra's got some nice assets I see ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Wish she'd just tell them about her visions but where's the fun then I guess.
Sep 1, 2022 12:01 PM

May 2020
I hate it when they don't even try taking Cassandra seriously, like just for once if you care about your asses.
Sep 1, 2022 12:12 PM

Feb 2021
Pretty interesting episode, setting up what's to come

That dream at the beginning there was really crazy, I wonder what's gonna happen to Ryu.
Sep 1, 2022 12:13 PM

Feb 2014
It was certainly an interesting scene with Cassandra at the beginning. Her dream, with her foresight, painted a horrible picture for everyone, but at the same time, we were treated to her nearly nude body as she woke up in a panic. Even in a tense moment like this, I still approve of the fanservice for her! =P

The pacing for this episode itself felt good, as it dealt with the aftermath of the murdered adventurer which the mob pinned the blame all on Ryu. Bell's group, with Lili's planning, is to join the angry mob to find her, but with the main goal to get to her first before the angry mob does.

During the travelling, you can see how nervous Cassandra is when it came to her trying to warn the other of the dangers from her foresight and to convince the others to alter their plans a bit so that they won't come into severe danger in the future. While it would be easier for her to explain her issues more confidently to the group, that would be of poor hindsight and wishful thinking in the end, since Cassandra does have confidence issues with herself and her powers.

Either way, she did well enough to have most of everyone agree with her suggestions and it'll be Bell himself who'll go onwards to the 27th floor with the other members of the massive group. Only time will tell whether this was the best choice, but even if it is, I do have a feeling that things will still be difficult for Bell to deal with, going by what we saw from Cassandra's dream. I do look forward to seeing how Bell will try and get to Ryu and help her if possible.
Sep 1, 2022 12:21 PM
Nov 2021
Softhenic03 said:
I hate it when they don't even try taking Cassandra seriously, like just for once if you care about your asses.

On mobile right now, but as you know a lot of characters are based on their mythological namesakes. So if you think it's a plothole or stupid, you can try googling Cassandra of greek mythology. Then you'll figure it out. I don't want to spoil. But there's a curse involved.
Sep 1, 2022 12:29 PM

Jan 2009
Cassandra has a sexy naked body too eh damn and her foresight is scary lets see how that dark prediction or prophecy of hers will change for the better
Sep 1, 2022 12:50 PM

Jun 2015
Im quite enjoying the intro of the future physic woman. Afraid of her own visions as complete facts, but we know now they can be changed. Nice her speaking out and finding her voice. However MC dont give one damn, hes going to monster kill and destroy every lvl of the dungeon to reach his friend and prove this killing is faked. Lets go!!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 1, 2022 12:52 PM

May 2018
Poor Cassandra, she must be going through nightmares after that prophecy. Also very lewd UwU
Sep 1, 2022 12:55 PM

Dec 2014
wow Cassandra is quite...anyways! i dont mind Bell's kindness but his naivety is rather irritating
Sep 1, 2022 1:21 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
kset280 said:
this season going slow pacing and that's actually make me happy.
No noticeable cut contents. They are adapting it pretty well.
Danmachi is finally getting the treatment it deserves.

Yes, you can definitely tell that Oomori is working more closely on this season than some of the others. Lot less cut content. So much looking forward to the next couple of episodes.

On another note, they definitely gave Cassandra a "powerup" on the character design front, lol.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 1, 2022 1:28 PM

Apr 2018
bell vs ryu, thats gonna be a good fight if its true

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 1, 2022 3:24 PM
May 2019
Okay, Cassandra been hiding them thangs this whole time???
Sep 1, 2022 3:47 PM

Apr 2013
Good adaptation. I see they couldn't help but put some fan service in the middle of it even though the whole thing was supposed to be super ominous, but at least it didn't stay for long and wasn't anything else than simply "showing to the audience", with no characters acting on it.

I see some peoples being frustrated that other peoples don't listen to Cassandra or that Cassandra don't explain herself better, but that's the whole thing with her premonition. She sees glimpse of the future, but no matter how many times she's proven right, peoples will never believe her nor let her explain herself. It's probably even embedded in the skill's description itself.
Sep 1, 2022 4:28 PM

Jan 2012
I must say, for some reason I really enjoy the preperation episodes, esp the one at the beginning of the show. It makes everything more grounded. Really makes the dungeon part stick out from the rest of the shows with dungeons.
"Quack"
-A Duck

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 1, 2022 5:10 PM

Feb 2022
I know Cassandra appears to just be someone who worries a lot so she gets ignored or put down even by her closest friend... that said it's very strange to me that after her comments on the "spreading moss" that she made to the party in her warning last time that her best friend and the group would so easily push her worries away and not give her proper time to explain her dream... just feels poorly written or thought out and makes the party seem dumb. Would have been better to have Bell listen to her dream and tell her he's going anyway since that fits his character. Then the rest of the episode could have played out the same with her doing what she could to change fate in little ways.
Sep 1, 2022 5:23 PM

Feb 2018
I really wish they didn't have to explain the whole prophecy and maybe left some it for us to think about.
Apart from that, it seems like a decent set up for the rest of the season.
Sep 1, 2022 6:21 PM

Jan 2013
I don't know what they are talking like that about Cassandra, she literally saw the last time what was about to happen, but oh well. Let's hope that her changes were enough to save the squad.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 1, 2022 7:59 PM

Apr 2019
What a bunch of bs, multiple people in the excursion group, specially Daphne, have seen how Cassandra's premonitions have predicted things that were going to happen at least 2 times now (the Apollo's family lost and the Moss Huge) yet they, specially Daphne, act like Cassandra is a weird girl saying some crazy conspiracy, unnecessary way of adding extra drama to the story and kind of a plot hole imo
Sep 1, 2022 8:37 PM
May 2021
Kevin-xc said:
What a bunch of bs, multiple people in the excursion group, specially Daphne, have seen how Cassandra's premonitions have predicted things that were going to happen at least 2 times now (the Apollo's family lost and the Moss Huge) yet they, specially Daphne, act like Cassandra is a weird girl saying some crazy conspiracy, unnecessary way of adding extra drama to the story and kind of a plot hole imo

Its based on a myth. Basically, she is cursed to have other people ignore her prophecies. Recall the moment of Miach and Hestia, not being affected by the curse due to being gods, saying how she has it tough when discussing her foresight. The reason Bell doesn't outright ignore her warnings unlike othes is said to be due to his luck developmental ability.
Sep 2, 2022 12:05 AM
Jul 2021
Great little episode to get us ready for next week! We came into the episode not really understanding the allegations that were placed on Ryu, since she just randomly goes out to murder an adventurer. I think that's a bit odd for story-telling, but hey, I'm here for it.

However, this episode went more in depth on why she is the one being accused. Showing us, the audience, that there were witnesses and background motives for her to be the one to do this. Of course, Bell does not want to believe it, so the party come up with a plan to find Ryu before the search party finds her.

All the while, we are given brief hints throughout the whole episode that Cassandra believes that a "great tragedy," will occur on the 27th floor when Bell and the search party find Ryu. At the end of the episode, we find out that the floor boss, Amphisbaena, has awakened earlier than expected and it sounds like they are also on the 27th floor.

With the next week's episode title card being "Chaos", I can't imagine this one won't be a banger. I had always thought the season was gonna be a good one ever since I saw the ED for this season. Great imagery showing the whole party individually; the music hits a somber tone but is still great to listen to while watching the animation to match, but doesn't that remind you of any great anime meme? I feel like next week we are all in for a treat to start making memes about it where we watch Ryu kill the whole search party except for Bell, as he's laying in a pool of blood, and then the end credits will roll.

LOL this is gonna be good.
Sep 2, 2022 2:48 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
A group expedition to find the elf but they all (or especially Bell) trust her and are convinced that she's not the one at fault here probably, though what's worrying is Cassandre's dream predictions and how bad that whole thing could end :S
Sep 2, 2022 6:40 AM
Jun 2022
i curious who the real culprit
Sep 2, 2022 7:03 AM
Oct 2019
Damn that Cassandra scene in the beginning though...

They didn't try to listen to her after what just happened with Moss Huge?
Sep 2, 2022 8:44 AM
Apr 2021
That Cassandra scene in the beginning tho👀😩 but fr tho I’m happy she got everyone except Bell to down to the lower floors but what I’m confused with is why doesn’t anyone believe her after she predicted the moss monster was gonna pull up with that premonition she had previously? Maybe ppl will figure out in the future but it’s nerve wracking that ppl think she’s crazy🤦🏽‍♂️💀
Sep 2, 2022 10:41 AM

Oct 2008
oh damn! why can't Cassandra just say the specifics of her premonition! they'll really keep us hangin'!
4/5.

Sep 2, 2022 1:18 PM
Apr 2017
lacked enough action to keep some people focused
Sep 2, 2022 1:32 PM
Jun 2016
Was she guilty? Was she innocent? Discover in the next (next 3-4 actually) episode!
Sep 2, 2022 1:44 PM
May 2022
Every episode so far is keeping me on my toes! If it's not filled with action, then it's building up a hype encounter. This episode, in particular with Cassandra's premonitions, is very exciting!
It does leave me asking the question, though - are these premonitions potentially coming to light because she's trying so hard to avoid them? Is her constant avoidance of the situation the nail in the coffin that seals their fate?
Excited to find out!
Sep 3, 2022 12:58 AM
Feb 2022
Nothing happened...............................
Sep 3, 2022 5:39 AM
Sep 2020
The real question is what happened to Gale Wind and will happen to Bell as Cassandra saw something in her dream.
Sep 3, 2022 10:54 AM
Oct 2019
very poggers episode
Sep 3, 2022 10:55 AM
Oct 2019
very poggers episode palovi by sa urťite pačila
Sep 3, 2022 2:33 PM

Jan 2020
Dat fan service. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Too bad I don't really care for Cassandra. Aloof with big boobs is bleh. But also, in her defense, she does seem to have the gift of clairvoyance. At the very least she successfully predicted the terrible Moss Demon. I have no idea why Daphne is so upset about her bringing it up. It's hecka weird.

What's the point of this scarf? Like, +1 agility?

As a side note, the animation really took a dip this episode.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Sep 4, 2022 10:03 AM

Sep 2015
Meh.

3/10, please be at least average for the rest of the episodes.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

227 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
May 16, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2022

235 by hypergoob »»
May 8, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2022

102 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2022

67 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka IV: Shin Shou - Meikyuu-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2022

110 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 8:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.