Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 25, 2022 5:00 AM

Oct 2013
ktg said:
Deknijff said:
Sure sure man if you say so I guess
No, the anime itself, ToraDora says you are wrong. That's why you can't refute anything that I mentioned, because what I mentioned are in the anime
The main issue here is our difference of understanding/definition/opinion though on the subject when it comes to tsunderes

Which is why I said we aren't going to see eye to eye on this, I think Tsun has to be in relation to the character's romantic feelings towards another character, thats why I dont consider Louise in season 1 a tsundere either because she isn't in love with Saito but she treats him like a slave because to her he is a pet that she hates having

It isn't until around season 2 when she falls in love with him but treats him harshly because she is ashamed of being in love with someone of much lower social standing than herself

that I say she is a tsundere

This is why we don't see eye to eye on the matter and we both point to Taiga's backstory and see things differently, you think its proof to why she is a tsundere because its the reason she is a asshole to almost everyone therefore a tsundere but I see it as proof that she isn't a tsundere because the behaviour has nothing to do with romantic feelings, when it comes to her romantic feelings like when she was in love with Kitamura still her behaviour is completely different
Aug 25, 2022 2:05 PM
May 2016
Deknijff said:
ktg said:
No, the anime itself, ToraDora says you are wrong. That's why you can't refute anything that I mentioned, because what I mentioned are in the anime
The main issue here is our difference of understanding/definition/opinion though on the subject when it comes to tsunderes

Which is why I said we aren't going to see eye to eye on this, I think Tsun has to be in relation to the character's romantic feelings towards another character, thats why I dont consider Louise in season 1 a tsundere either because she isn't in love with Saito but she treats him like a slave because to her he is a pet that she hates having

It isn't until around season 2 when she falls in love with him but treats him harshly because she is ashamed of being in love with someone of much lower social standing than herself

that I say she is a tsundere

This is why we don't see eye to eye on the matter and we both point to Taiga's backstory and see things differently, you think its proof to why she is a tsundere because its the reason she is a asshole to almost everyone therefore a tsundere but I see it as proof that she isn't a tsundere because the behaviour has nothing to do with romantic feelings, when it comes to her romantic feelings like when she was in love with Kitamura still her behaviour is completely different

So you are saying that you purposely misinterpret tsundere, therefore you can say you are right. It's sound pretty hilarious.
Tsundere is a character type and not a behaviour. If a character acts later in the show as a tsundere, then that character was tsundere from the start. Being a tsundere has nothing to do with being in love.

And no, it's not ME thinking that is a proof. The anime itself says it, that's the point. It has nothing to do with me.

Exactly, like here it had nothing to do with her feelings. She just like to headbutt someone out of nowhere. :D

Aug 25, 2022 4:18 PM

Oct 2013
ktg said:
So you are saying that you purposely misinterpret tsundere, therefore you can say you are right. It's sound pretty hilarious.
Why you got word it like if Im doing something bad on purpose here

My opinion is just different from yours as said earlier
ktg said:
Tsundere is a character type and not a behaviour.
A character type thats based/judged off behaviour yes
ktg said:
If a character acts later in the show as a tsundere, then that character was tsundere from the start.
I wouldn't say from the start, but Id agree with this statement if I didn't figure out we aren't using the same definition therefore I don't agree at this moment when you specifically are saying it because of the context of your definition
ktg said:
Being a tsundere has nothing to do with being in love.
I mean if the term Tsundere, Yandere and Dandere isn't about the character in terms of how they are in romantic context then I don't even understand how your thought process on this subject works at all
ktg said:
And no, it's not ME thinking that is a proof. The anime itself says it, that's the point. It has nothing to do with me.
The anime doesn't really say anything about this but you sure seem to think it does
ktg said:
Exactly, like here it had nothing to do with her feelings. She just like to headbutt someone out of nowhere. :D
I honestly have no issue with admitting this one moment is a tsundere moment for a ending gag of the show like Ayase who isn't a yandere but has lots of yandere facial expressions for gags in the show she is from

But that scene from Taiga is so minuscule it doesn't actually reflect her whole character when looking through the series
DeknijffAug 25, 2022 4:59 PM
Aug 25, 2022 5:27 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
ktg said:

I'm sorry but what

You do know what "dere" literally means, don't you?

Aug 25, 2022 6:26 PM

Aug 2020
Potential-spam said:
I think the worst part of the series was the beach episode. Tho onley important thing that happens was reūji and minori getting alone time on the porch which barley contributes to the story. It was a waste of 2 episodes.

I do remember clocking out during whenever they were going to the beach trip. It felt like a waste of time indeed.
Keep scrolling
Aug 26, 2022 5:51 PM
Sep 2017
Sully24 said:
Idk how controversial this might be but it was my first romance anime (unless you can’t tagaki san) and honestly the ending pissed me off. The side characters didn’t bother me much until the ending when minori gives up on her own feelings for taiga even though in the beginning Taiga was supposed to be getting the MC together with minori. Honestly Taiga as a whole just pissed me off, she was childish, violent and unaware for basically the entire series. So much so that her best friend had sacrifice so much for Taiga to be happy. Honestly it wouldn’t have been a 10/10 but the ending makes me wanna give it a 1.
Did you read the novel? it will make more sense on why the ending was like that. also Taiga sacrifice her own feelings too, trying to make Ryuuji and Minori to happen, lets not forget about that. Ami, Taiga and Minori has their own sacrifices in the story.

Aug 26, 2022 10:49 PM
Aug 2022
na cause the glasses dude had a whole rampage over the girl going overseas. bro was a SIMP
Aug 27, 2022 7:36 PM
Jan 2021
NotTrying2BLazy said:
Sully24 said:
Idk how controversial this might be but it was my first romance anime (unless you can’t tagaki san) and honestly the ending pissed me off. The side characters didn’t bother me much until the ending when minori gives up on her own feelings for taiga even though in the beginning Taiga was supposed to be getting the MC together with minori. Honestly Taiga as a whole just pissed me off, she was childish, violent and unaware for basically the entire series. So much so that her best friend had sacrifice so much for Taiga to be happy. Honestly it wouldn’t have been a 10/10 but the ending makes me wanna give it a 1.
Did you read the novel? it will make more sense on why the ending was like that. also Taiga sacrifice her own feelings too, trying to make Ryuuji and Minori to happen, lets not forget about that. Ami, Taiga and Minori has their own sacrifices in the story.

nah I didn’t read it just watched the anime maybe id hate her less in the novel but from the animes perspective she’s an entitled b*tch
Aug 27, 2022 8:46 PM
Sep 2017
Sully24 said:
NotTrying2BLazy said:

nah I didn’t read it just watched the anime maybe id hate her less in the novel but from the animes perspective she’s an entitled b*tch
She act's like a Tsundere, not a bitch. It's a fictional character trait, is not logical to take her characteristics seriously. It's like automatically assuming Kuudere's are Autistic people since they act like it.
NotTrying2BLazyAug 28, 2022 2:04 AM

Sep 9, 2022 1:41 AM
May 2016
Deknijff said:
ktg said:
Why you got word it like if Im doing something bad on purpose here

My opinion is just different from yours as said earlier
ktg said:
Tsundere is a character type and not a behaviour.
A character type thats based/judged off behaviour yes
ktg said:
If a character acts later in the show as a tsundere, then that character was tsundere from the start.
I wouldn't say from the start, but Id agree with this statement if I didn't figure out we aren't using the same definition therefore I don't agree at this moment when you specifically are saying it because of the context of your definition
ktg said:
I mean if the term Tsundere, Yandere and Dandere isn't about the character in terms of how they are in romantic context then I don't even understand how your thought process on this subject works at all
ktg said:
The anime doesn't really say anything about this but you sure seem to think it does
ktg said:
I honestly have no issue with admitting this one moment is a tsundere moment for a ending gag of the show like Ayase who isn't a yandere but has lots of yandere facial expressions for gags in the show she is from

But that scene from Taiga is so minuscule it doesn't actually reflect her whole character when looking through the series

1. Because that's the only solution that works and doesn't make you an idiot.
I' talking about definition and not about opinion. That's why the "different" doesn't work here.
2. The behavior that doesn't need to be shown, because without it, it should be true.
3. I'm saying because that's how personality is. Your personality won't change in a day.
4. The terms is about how they would act when they are in love, but that doesn't mean they have to be in love. That's what personality means.
5. The anime does. Give a really explanation about it.
6. You mean crazy expression that has actually nothing to do with being yandere? Yes, I can agree with that.
Yandere doesn't mean crazy, don't mix them up.
7. It does reflect it. That's how her character is.

Manaban said:
ktg said:

I'm sorry but what

You do know what "dere" literally means, don't you?

It describe how someone would act when he or she is in love, but doesn't mean he or she have to be in love.
We talking about personalities and personalities won't change when you fall in love. These terms are about personality types and not about acting.
Sep 9, 2022 11:08 AM

Oct 2013
ktg said:
1. Because that's the only solution that works and doesn't make you an idiot.
I' talking about definition and not about opinion. That's why the "different" doesn't work here.
Well after talking to you about this for so long Ive honestly concluded my opinion is the only one thats correct here and yours is based off lazy surface level analysis while also using a faulty definition
ktg said:
2. The behavior that doesn't need to be shown, because without it, it should be true.
Ah yes yes my dude, Im sure you can judge a character correctly without seeing how they behave along with other factors
ktg said:
4. The terms is about how they would act when they are in love, but that doesn't mean they have to be in love. That's what personality means.
The word tsundere is a character personality trope, the two words are connected for a reason, of course it has to do with a character's love life exclusively when the word literally is about that, but you can't seem to get that through your head
ktg said:
5. The anime does. Give a really explanation about it.
Is there some kind of magical scene like this in Toradora

That Ive completely forgotten? Because if not stop saying the anime proves your point when it doesn't and its just you seeing her backstory and thinking she a tsundere because of it thanks to your internal definition being wrong
ktg said:
6. You mean crazy expression that has actually nothing to do with being yandere? Yes, I can agree with that.
Yandere doesn't mean crazy, don't mix them up.
Im not mixing them up, it was an example of why judging surface level aspects like you are doing with Taiga is wrong
ktg said:
7. It does reflect it. That's how her character is.
Its her being violent yes, but it only shows her usual behaviour in comedy tsundere fashion but doesn't actually reflect why she is so aggressive in her day to day life with other people
Jan 15, 2023 8:23 AM
Jun 2020
The ending is the weakest part of the series. I felt very unfulfilled. I'M still waiting on Tora Dora After story.
Jan 25, 2023 5:54 AM
Dec 2020
Series went pretty downhill after the catfight and gave itself a rushed ending
The catfight was amazing tho
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

284 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Apr 27

26 by VOLTHOR6 »»
May 3, 4:04 PM

» Toradora's Blu-ray has an issue

JustSomeone15 - Apr 29

2 by Binkini »»
Apr 30, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.