Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 20, 2022 5:32 AM
May 2022
It's more of a distraction to the story than adding anything substantial to it. That's why I gave it a 2. What are your thoughts?
Aug 20, 2022 7:51 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah this is one of the first works of Lynn okatomo which he decided it was a great idea to actually put his sexual fetishes into the story for me which was completely unnesecary and even most elfen lied fans hated the manga (not me because I liked the alt ending than the anime)

If only we got a rewrite of this
Aug 21, 2022 8:29 AM

Dec 2019
Lynn Okamoto is just a horny man, that's why his next works were worse.
Sep 3, 2022 12:45 AM
Feb 2017
One of the main inspirations for the series was Love Hina, according to the author. Hating Elfen Lied for having harem aspects is like hating Madoka for having magical girl aspects: It's interesting precisely because it's a darker take on a typical genre, so removing its foundation would just leave behind senseless edge with nothing to play off of.
Feb 24, 7:00 AM
Feb 2020
Reply to Detaramei
One of the main inspirations for the series was Love Hina, according to the author. Hating Elfen Lied for having harem aspects is like hating Madoka for having magical girl aspects: It's interesting precisely because it's a darker take on a typical genre, so removing its foundation would just leave behind senseless edge with nothing to play off of.
@Detaramei As a Madoka Magica fan, I disagree with that comparison, but even if you as a mangaka would keep the harem, why the hell would you make one of the people in the harem Kouta's cousin?
Feb 24, 7:08 AM
Feb 2020
Can't reply to the removed user, but Elfen Lied was his first work. So he's always been like this.

Also, the dude can't draw normal boobs from a straight-on angle. They always look like they're mid-bounce.
Feb 24, 9:07 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to passing_through
@Detaramei As a Madoka Magica fan, I disagree with that comparison, but even if you as a mangaka would keep the harem, why the hell would you make one of the people in the harem Kouta's cousin?
@passing_through
passing_through said:
why the hell would you make one of the people in the harem Kouta's cousin?

That's the best part
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Feb 25, 10:49 AM
Feb 2017
Reply to passing_through
@passing_through There's nothing odd about that, since it's perfectly legal in most parts of the world, including large chunks of the US.

More topics from this board

» The Elfenlied

passing_through - Feb 24

5 by XpldFrFantasyLnd »»
Mar 29, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Chapter 87 Discussion

ricardocsc - Aug 3, 2012

7 by passing_through »»
Feb 25, 7:20 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Chapter 75 Discussion

ricardocsc - Aug 3, 2012

10 by passing_through »»
Feb 25, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Chapter 64 Discussion

ricardocsc - Aug 1, 2012

3 by passing_through »»
Feb 24, 7:44 AM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Chapter 63 Discussion

ricardocsc - Aug 1, 2012

7 by passing_through »»
Feb 24, 6:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.