Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 15, 2022 2:19 AM
Oct 2021
I only watched 15 episodes of this anime but yeah I get it it does have some good aspects but somehow I just don't get the hype or the high rating, I mean the show isn't boring but It doesn't give me that hyped feeling whenever I'm watching something insanely good like some thrilling moments of death note or the legendary feeling of fmab, Don't get me wrong I'm not tryna hate the show or anything maybe it's just not my cup of tea?, Does it get better? and/or should I continue watching it?
Aug 15, 2022 2:32 AM
Mar 2022
it’s probably not your cup of tea! for me it’s the opposite. death note doesn’t give me the same thrill as cowboy bebop would. since you’re already halfway done with it, i’d say continue watching! you might like the last few episodes :)
Aug 15, 2022 2:33 AM
Mar 2021
ichihito said:
I only watched 15 episodes of this anime but yeah I get it it does have some good aspects but somehow I just don't get the hype or the high rating, I mean the show isn't boring but It doesn't give me that hyped feeling whenever I'm watching something insanely good like some thrilling moments of death note or the legendary feeling of fmab, Don't get me wrong I'm not tryna hate the show or anything maybe it's just not my cup of tea?, Does it get better? and/or should I continue watching it?

I felt the same way, but the last three episodes are phenomenal. Plus the closer you get to the end the better it gets. This series can't be judged until you've seen the last episode. Of course this is my opinion.
Aug 15, 2022 2:57 AM
Feb 2021
Go back to watching action Shonen if you think hype makes something better/good
Aug 15, 2022 3:32 AM

Jul 2014
To each their own. You don't get it, hopefully something else catches your eyes.
Aug 15, 2022 3:32 AM

May 2021
Its a classic,they age like fine wine,granted there isnt anything immediately intriguing,i feel u,but the essence u feel from this show always stays memorable.
Aug 15, 2022 4:01 AM
Jan 2021
ichihito said:

Yeah, it sounds like it’s not your thing. I really hoped you watched the dub tho…
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Aug 15, 2022 4:18 AM
Jul 2021
I felt the exact same way, then I started to understand the narrative of the show. Between every episode there's an underlying theme of dealing with your troubled past, each character is broken and is trying to resolve their issues.
It sounds ambitious, but the whole thing is coated in a great narrative making it imo one of the best shows.
I cannot stress enough how much I understand what you mean. The show is sort of similar to nge in that it deals with its cast going through mental issues and dealing with the past
Aug 15, 2022 4:41 AM
Jan 2021
OvergrownRover said:

Hype makes anything feel a lot better, and that’s all that matters
Aug 15, 2022 4:41 AM

Nov 2019
Imo, cowboy bebop isn't anything "great" but it's a solid show and pretty good.

It just happened to turn into this classic Western anime, and got highly praised by people of that time(might be because of the limited selection. Who knows?).

According to me, its not anything phenomenal but it's good, definitely can be overrated at times, but that's peoples personal opinion and their taste.
Although, I dont mean it in a bad way, in any sense.

It has some pretty nicely done characters, and is relatable to many people because of the story-writing.
Aug 15, 2022 5:19 AM
Mar 2017
I suppose without spoiling anything the later you get into the series I would say you can find out why characters are the way they are. They seem to open up themselves the further you go and you can look back to earlier episodes you had some hang ups about. That only now make sense. I'd say it's perfectly fine where you are right now. If you thought it's boring or irritating even halfway through it's best to drop it. No Anime Pleases everyone.
Aug 15, 2022 5:46 AM
Feb 2021
For me, I loved it from the ending of the first ep onwards and it became better and better. And I actually started it with very high expectations. I guess it's not your type of show and maybe that changes when you get older (I don't mean that you're immature or young for it, but for me, sometimes it has been the case and I have enjoyed some shows after a certain age much more than I did when I was younger)
Aug 15, 2022 5:51 AM

Feb 2010
It's an anime that isn't for everyone so if you're not feeling it it's okay. I think part of where the high rating comes from is that when it debuted in the west it was one of the better anime. Personally I think it's good but not as good as the rating suggests
Aug 15, 2022 5:54 AM

Nov 2021
If you're not a fan of the show by the end of episode one alone, you probably won't be.
Aug 15, 2022 5:59 AM
Feb 2020
Did you watch the English version, as the creator intended? Many people end up watching the terrible sub. Could be your issue, or you just don't lile good things. Bebop is more hype than Death Note. I dont know where you felt "hype" during death note though, its a calm manga lol What is hype? Maybe light when he gets manic but the point is the world around him are not in some hyper insane elevated emotional state. Thats ONLY LIGHT. He is a lunatic. did you not get that about death note? lol
Aug 15, 2022 6:01 AM

Jan 2009
thats how episodic shows are they are not that exciting unlike with shows with story arcs
Aug 15, 2022 6:21 AM

Aug 2022
The thing about cowboy bebop is, at least for me, that the show is a whole vibe. It's not really about hype or anything like that, overall the main character arcs and themes are slow burns that you get bits and pieces off as the show progresses with while the crew of the bebop takes on different jobs each episode. What hooked me initially was the vibe of the show, the music, the aesthetics, and the characters, and then slowly you start to see the themes of the show and by the end of it you are hooked to the characters' stories, you want to learn about their pasts, their traumas, and what makes them, them.
Aug 15, 2022 6:29 AM
Nov 2021
I think it's really good but I don't think it's anywhere near being the greatest anime of all time that people say it is. I actually think samurai champloo which is made by the same person is better than cowboy bebop.
Aug 15, 2022 6:30 AM
Nov 2021
FLAME-FURY said:
Imo, cowboy bebop isn't anything "great" but it's a solid show and pretty good.

It just happened to turn into this classic Western anime, and got highly praised by people of that time(might be because of the limited selection. Who knows?).

According to me, its not anything phenomenal but it's good, definitely can be overrated at times, but that's peoples personal opinion and their taste.
Although, I dont mean it in a bad way, in any sense.

It has some pretty nicely done characters, and is relatable to many people because of the story-writing.

yeah cowboy bebop is 100 percent overrated I agree
Aug 15, 2022 6:53 AM

Aug 2021
it’s definitely overhyped but it’s still very good. the last stretch of episodes carries the show so hard, until then it was like a 6, maybe 7/10
Aug 15, 2022 7:02 AM
Oct 2020
ichihito said:

I felt the same at the beginning, but i rated it a 10 bc of how the last 3 eps made me feel. I’d say try to give it a shot. Il it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but it’s worth it
Aug 15, 2022 7:10 AM
Feb 2021
I don't feel like episodic animes are made with the intention of creating 'hype', and in this case they don't show a lot of the past of the main characters (which pretty much defines their traits) until the later half of the show.
You're looking for some kind of thrill that Cowboy Bebop simply won't give you. I'd say to still finish it, tho.
Aug 15, 2022 7:12 AM
Sep 2020
I gave it a 10, but mostly out of respect, it didn’t connect to me or feel all that special. Try Gungrave (my favorite 20ish episode anime), I thought it was a much more empathetic story and development, it’s not a bunch of one-off’s.
Aug 15, 2022 7:49 AM

Jan 2022
It's a quintessential anime, arguably THE quintessential anime, no matter how you may feel about it personally, chances are it's better than your favorite show. (This isn't aimed at OP, just everyone jumping on the hate bandwagon)
Aug 15, 2022 9:34 AM

May 2022
Cowboy Bebop deserves to be viewed in its historical context. As the first anime on Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim in 2001, Bebop became the gateway anime for generations of anime fans. Artistically, it set a new standard for animation and music. It was a transitional work taking us from ‘90s anime to our favorites of today.
Aug 15, 2022 9:52 AM
May 2021
cuz it's not hype
it's vibe
Aug 15, 2022 9:54 AM
Jul 2022
Continue watching it. The ending is legendary.
Aug 15, 2022 11:36 AM
Feb 2021
Not sure if "hype" is really relevant to classics like CB, but it sounds like it's just not for you. I always say, if you aren't intrigued by characters or story by end of the third ep, might as well drop it. just because something is well-regarded, doesn't mean everyone has to like it. and that's okay!
Aug 15, 2022 11:53 AM
Feb 2021
Actually in the first few episodes I felt bored as well. Like I loved the soundtrack and the art style was amazing but I accept that initially it takes time to get to the point. But I am glad that I stuck through it entirely because the last few episodes were absolutely explosive and legendary (imo of course) .
Aug 15, 2022 12:18 PM

Dec 2021
Might not be what your into. Example I wasn't into the later episodes of cowboy bebop ,but other people enjoyed them.
Have a wonderful day!
Aug 15, 2022 2:36 PM
Apr 2012
I think a big part of it is it's unique flavor. I don't think much else sounds or looks like it, and it feels comparatively mature next to a lot of other shows, while at the same time not afraid to be a little silly and have some fun.

It's also a little interesting to watch a show in which the characters are, for the most part, are already developed, and episodes that are plot related explore how/why that development happened.

That said I do not care for the sometimes directionless episodic nature of the show. There are not a ton of super main plot related episodes from what I remember.
All these years later I'd still rather it close to a 10 though.
Aug 15, 2022 3:14 PM
Sep 2020
ure not alone it has like 6-7 good episodes and the rest is trash but people treat it like its the second comming of jesus
Aug 15, 2022 3:23 PM
May 2022
legendary feeling of fmab 🤣🤣🤣
Aug 15, 2022 3:50 PM

Sep 2020
I understand why people get dissapointed with Bebop. If you are looking for dopamine shows, Bebop isn't one of them. In that case, I recommend Gurren Lagann. Also, the last chapters are the ones who has this feeling you're mentioning in case you wanna continue with this anime.
Aug 15, 2022 4:01 PM

Apr 2020
^^ That's like listening to 2Pac , saying: "I don't get the hype"
Bebop is a LEGEND in the industry. Things you now take as granted in Animation and Story-Telling wouldn't probably be the same without it. It came out 98 and looks like it could air TODAY.
Every story feels still relevant and well written decades later...

Aside from that. You don't get that same feeling , like you did with Fmab? Well, that's because that is a Shonen-Show.
This Anime isn't about people who are growing up, learning, trying to become Nr. 1. This is about people who already got through Life, with all it's hardships and memories. When did you ever see something like this?^^ Maybe it's a Cup of Tea-Thing, maybe it's Age. But to me the characters in Bebop were 10x as interesting as anyone in Fmab.

Aug 15, 2022 4:59 PM
Aug 2022
ichihito said:

Being honest, the ONLY reason for me to watch the entire anime is because the dub version in portuguese/Brazil cause the voice actor of Spike is the same of Buzz Lightyear from "Toy Story" and this give me a nostalgic felling. The anime has a good story and a nice atmosphere but nothing special from any other cowboy TV series...
Aug 15, 2022 5:27 PM
Mar 2021
If your only looking for “hype” and not the complex character and themes that the show explores, then yeah, it’s not your thing imo
Aug 15, 2022 8:33 PM
May 2022
If you didn't like it, drop it. It's an episodic anime so don't expect the remaining chapters to differ a lot from tje onew what you've already watched
Aug 15, 2022 9:47 PM
Jul 2021
ichihito said:

i think you definitely should continue watching if you’re up for it ! with how short the series is in comparison to other well know/liked animes, i feel it’s worth finishing even if you’re not 100% into it. i get what you mean as well though ! when i first watched the show a lot of the episodes just seemed like filler episodes to me and like there was not really a consecutive story, but it’s the last few episodes that really sold the whole thing. that’s where the story starts coming in and getting wrapped up as well with it being the end of the series. this might be mild spoilers as well but the ending will leave you feeling totally and completely empty if you get attached to characters easily or have already grown a liking to some of them, even if it’s small. if you’re into that though than it’s totally worth finishing.

i may be a little biased since cowboy bebop has been one of my favorite animes for months now, but that spot is shared with fma for me as well so i have a feeling you might come to like it. i’ve also watched the show like three times but it really is just that good lol

i hope this helped !! :D happy watching !
Aug 15, 2022 11:04 PM
Jun 2022
Personally I liked most of it, I thought Spike’s backstory and stuff wasn’t very interesting though, I just enjoyed the bounties they went after
Aug 16, 2022 12:15 AM
Apr 2022
completely overrated. I fell asleep like 10 times watching this show.
Aug 17, 2022 4:46 PM
Jul 2020
The show gets better the more times you watch it and realise there just aren't many shows (if any) quite like it. To me, each episode feels like a short film, the characters and the world are given just enough development for you to understand everything you need to know in every episode, and it. an make characters feel much more real and endearing.
Aug 19, 2022 1:04 AM
Feb 2021
Well its incredibly stylish, the Osts + the old style , yet very fluid animation and great artstyle are amazing and make it a classic.

Also while its episodic, the characters are pretty incredible, especially Spike.

But yeah, the last episodes are the best to me, especially the last mini arc. Perhaps you will understand it more after seeing the ending.
Aug 19, 2022 5:17 AM
Apr 2020
Cowboy Bebop is considered by any film enthusiasts as the GOAT. myself included, anime fans have different tastes to what CB has to offer. the main reason why I praise it so highly is the direction, animation are done in such a way it somehow expounds the deeper and more emotional moments of the story in ways I can only describe as surreal.
Sep 15, 2022 3:07 PM
Sep 2022
DiomarBrasindo said:
OvergrownRover said:

If you’re going into bebop to “feel good” you’re doing it wrong my friend , that’s in no way shape or form the point of this show.
Sep 15, 2022 3:08 PM
Sep 2022
Sinee said:
ure not alone it has like 6-7 good episodes and the rest is trash but people treat it like its the second comming of jesus

Or you just have bad taste?? 🤷‍♂️
Sep 15, 2022 3:11 PM
Jan 2021
spike2068 said:
DiomarBrasindo said:

If you’re going into bebop to “feel good” you’re doing it wrong my friend , that’s in no way shape or form the point of this show.

You go into every show to feel good or satisfied… otherwise what’s the point
Sep 15, 2022 3:12 PM
Sep 2022
juneiee said:
ichihito said:

i think you definitely should continue watching if you’re up for it ! with how short the series is in comparison to other well know/liked animes, i feel it’s worth finishing even if you’re not 100% into it. i get what you mean as well though ! when i first watched the show a lot of the episodes just seemed like filler episodes to me and like there was not really a consecutive story, but it’s the last few episodes that really sold the whole thing. that’s where the story starts coming in and getting wrapped up as well with it being the end of the series. this might be mild spoilers as well but the ending will leave you feeling totally and completely empty if you get attached to characters easily or have already grown a liking to some of them, even if it’s small. if you’re into that though than it’s totally worth finishing.

i may be a little biased since cowboy bebop has been one of my favorite animes for months now, but that spot is shared with fma for me as well so i have a feeling you might come to like it. i’ve also watched the show like three times but it really is just that good lol

i hope this helped !! :D happy watching !

There aren’t any “filler” episodes though. The show isn’t a story it’s a character study and a commentary on modern society and where we are headed . The story has already happened by the time so 1 starts. What we are watching as an audience is how each of the characters mentally deal with the consequences and every episode is important in building that message, with the final 3 eps being the big finale .

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Metty - May 14, 2008

626 by Mirrow »»
May 14, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ManU-Alchemist - Jun 14, 2008

123 by Shobbrook »»
May 8, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ManU-Alchemist - Jun 13, 2008

207 by Shobbrook »»
May 8, 1:11 AM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

FighterZ - May 2, 2008

133 by ItachiSanStatus »»
Apr 29, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KillthisAccount - Jul 23, 2009

132 by RioFS »»
Apr 26, 9:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.