Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 12, 2023 2:41 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That was definitely quite the ride, not sure to understood everything regarding the ending but definitely loved the usage of politics and how some parts of our reality works well when mixed with these sci-fi elements, not to mention it's better now that COVID made it feel more real xD
Jan 28, 6:37 PM
Nov 2018
I dropped this at chapter 72 and skipped right to the end and i found it to be garbage, it started entertaining and i really liked how brutal it was, the degree to which bodies were torn apart and how so unceremoniusly characters were dispatched in horrible ways despite their best efforst or being deserving of a better fate, but then the plot armor of the regular characters become annoying, you have kenji, sophia and elliah constantly seeing themselves in life or death situations were they never received any major injury, and if they did it was meaningless because the character in question was a fucking cyborg, kenji dispatching waves after waves of soldiers only with fucking knives and elliah never receiving more than a few punches in the face, this took away tension in the fights because you knew they were going to get away without injury or consequence, and the brutal killing of minor characters became the norm, predictable, you knew it was coming and when it was coming, usually when the characters were about to escape to other nation or just about to be rescue, this made the fights dull and uninteresting and the deaths meaningless.

Also a recurring theme of the work was "imperialism bad, minority group good, central governtment bad, opressed people good", there was no moral dilemma the work clearly presented some people as good and some as bad, some as clearly right and some as clearly wrong, by chapter 72 propatria was the big baddie yet there wasnt any major or relevant character on propatria side, we never get to see their perspective just the moral compass of the slut, the gary stue, the prostitude and the retard, those being sophia, kenji, helena and elliah respectively. The author introduces a lot of characters that exist for no other purpose than to be non white non straight non christian, making empashis on those things like they were virtues, he introduced ahmed and let you know he was muslim or gloria and let you know she was a faggot, those werent their names, i didnt bother to remember them. Shallow useless virtue signaling, this manga does that a lot, it amazes me to think a japanese wrote this instead of a biden voting imbecile, i guess the author must have vote for his japanese equivalent quite regularly.

And the idiotic ending
Feb 28, 11:45 PM

May 2021
It started very well but it derailed volume by volume and ended being unrecognizable, after every timeskip the quality drop was inmense but definitely the biggest one was the introduction of the colloids and all that came after, at that point the manga became a half-baked joke, a wannabe EoE combined GiTS and whichever Gnosticism elements Endo wanted to include, not to mention his understanding and representation of geopolitics/science/sociology/anthropology/psychology were superficial at best if not upright inventions of his own.

Besides that, this manga was a lenghty one and when the plot quality is certainly lacking it's not good to drag out too much a show and this one went really long. Anyways, this manga felt like a total waste of time and there are far better sources to explore the themes this manga tried to touch and with a better and deeper understanding of it, 3/10 overall.
Apr 20, 8:56 AM

May 2020
Surprisingly wholesome ending for a manga that spent a lot of the previous 125 chapters proving how ruthless, cruel and pointless existence is. Obviously, it wasn't doom and gloom throughout, which I actually appreciate but I was definitely expecting things to end worse for our protagonists.

Overall, this was a fun read but it definitely lost me towards the end. The plot becomes nonsensical and we lose contact with the characters we actually care about. Still, the characters in this were definitely the highlight of the manga for me.
TitanInsaneApr 24, 10:33 PM
Apr 24, 10:29 AM
Jun 2023
Reply to TitanInsane
Surprisingly wholesome ending for a manga that spent a lot of the previous 125 chapters proving how ruthless, cruel and pointless existence is. Obviously, it wasn't doom and gloom throughout, which I actually appreciate but I was definitely expecting things to end worse for our protagonists.

Overall, this was a fun read but it definitely lost me towards the end. The plot becomes nonsensical and we lose contact with the characters we actually care about. Still, the characters in this were definitely the highlight of the manga for me.
@TitanInsane The weather control arc took some time and maybe Ennoah should have been explored more like sophia,Elijah,kenji etc.
I still think that the message about evolution is beautiful particularly ch 101-102(read it multiple times and still can't forget it) but some parts after it felt little boring.
Overall it's definitely not perfect but a great work .
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eden: It's an Endless World! Chapter 60 Discussion

Beatnik - Dec 9, 2008

10 by rodmanii »»
Jan 27, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Eden: It's an Endless World! Chapter 41 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 12, 2013

6 by rodmanii »»
Jan 20, 12:22 PM

Poll: » Eden: It's an Endless World! Chapter 25 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Dec 15, 2012

13 by rodmanii »»
Jan 17, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Eden: It's an Endless World! Chapter 22 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Oct 22, 2012

8 by rodmanii »»
Jan 16, 7:28 PM

» Eden its an endless world's ending

Jesus-Cunny - Nov 25, 2023

2 by MichaelJackson »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.