Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 1, 2015 3:51 AM

Nov 2014
I don't think it's Anna/Nina doing all those killings. My take is that, someone that looks alike or someone that wants to impersonate her is doing it.
I'm basing this on what was shown about her in the previous episodes, especially her character. If she was doing all of this, then, she'd have no problem killing Johan few episodes ago, so, that is why I'm dismissing the possibility of she, being the killer.
Apr 14, 2015 12:34 PM

May 2014
OK, now I'm sure that this person can't be Nina. She seems way too emotionless.

I'm not sure how to react to this Detective Suk, he's way too indecisive for me to like him.

I guess you could say, he kinda "Sucks".
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Apr 25, 2015 10:26 PM

Nov 2014
Anna is so pretty

Aug 2, 2015 7:18 AM

Jul 2014
5/5
Aug 27, 2015 6:11 PM
Apr 2014
From what I can deduce, I suspect we're beginning to see the dark side of Nina. Perhaps Nina was the one who sent Johan those poisoned candy in an attempt to terminate Johan when they were children back in the hospital.

The only thing that can kill a monster is a even bigger monster. Perhaps Nina is a bigger one.
Aug 31, 2015 10:01 PM

Dec 2013
Seems like Anna is now copying her brother? Wtf?
Sep 4, 2015 1:02 PM

Dec 2013
Nooo, Anna shouldn't be doing that... :(
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Sep 19, 2015 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
I also don't think that is Nina, far too calm and controlled, and don't get me started about the perfect marksmanship, right between the head. I'm still concerned about who beat up the detective to death, the more i think about it the more i doubt it's Grimmer, after that torture and getting his nails clipped off could he even make a fist, let alone beat 2 men who are in better condition than he is? i say no.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 25, 2015 2:05 AM
Sep 2015
He's met her 2 or 3 times in a bar, does not know her name and she's the only one he can believe in? Pssh that's dumb.
Oct 18, 2015 2:08 AM

Jul 2013
Not really sure. This girl should be Anna, but so different... maybe a twin of Anna? The mother?
I don't remember when Anna became a ruthless, killing machine.
Oct 24, 2015 3:17 PM
Apr 2015
How did all of you come to the conclusion that Nina gave him the poisoned candy? She didn't give him any candy in the scene we saw.
Nov 23, 2015 4:58 PM

Sep 2015
I want that Jan Suk guy to die.
He's so stupid and noob it amazes me how can he be an inspector. So clueless... Jeez

Also, I'm curious about that 3 Frogs place...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2016 4:49 AM

May 2014
I knew as soon as the 3 ate the candy, they would die.
Is she really Nina? omg I'm really confused Dx
Oh and what happened to Tenma.....and Dieter?
May 15, 2016 11:39 AM
May 2016
Nina is turning into Johan...?
Jun 1, 2016 3:22 PM

Feb 2013
Suk and Nina, if she really is Nina are talking a lot at that bar.
Those guys died the same way as the ones from the hospital,we all know who killed them then.
Jun 4, 2016 10:20 PM

Apr 2014
either something happened to Nina that changed her personality or that's a very convincing Johan cross-dresser. must have been annoying shaving his legs. but i don't think he was the one at the bar because the voice was too different from his. and we haven't seen Nina after the hospital so it could be possible she had memory loss of some sort after the fire

i actually really want Nina to be the "monster", not Johan. would be a nice twist
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2016 9:31 PM

Oct 2014
Detective Suk is pretty stupid
Wait, did you just say that Jojo is shit?
Jul 15, 2016 12:22 PM

Aug 2014
This anime has one of the best cast of all the anime medium.
Great Episode.
Anna is so cute.
Jul 28, 2016 11:58 AM

Jan 2013
whoa whoa whoa whoaaaaaa

nina is going on a killing spree now?! holy shit

Also I feel really bad for that newbie detective, but good thing he found out the truth...even if partially.
Sep 10, 2016 6:21 AM

Jun 2014
What the fuck is happeding?
Is Nna killing all these people and if so why? I was so happy to see her again and now this.

AugmaticDisport said:
If you're going to kill someone, poisoned candy seems like a pretty dumb and inaccurate way to go about it. There's no guarantee he would even eat them, or who he would offer them to. He could have given them to a bunch of kids.

What kind of asshole gives Whiskey bonbons to his children?
Oct 23, 2016 2:16 AM

Jan 2016
What the fuck is going on with this show anymore
Dec 17, 2016 1:34 PM

May 2016
Based on that she shot two guys and add three more people to nina's killing list I never thought that she would kill someone as long as Tenma stay's alive however I can't help it to hate those newbies believing in everything that there bosses say
Jan 31, 2017 11:44 AM
Feb 2015
lol knew that something was up when they started eating
Jun 14, 2017 12:41 PM

May 2015
I don’t believe this is the real Anna/Nina after all that is the method used by Johan when he killed the hospital staff and they are twins so he is crossdressing... maybe next chapter can confirm if what I think is true or false and if it is false then Anna/Nina also was part of the same kind of experiment as Johan or some kind of experiment…?
Jun 18, 2017 5:03 AM

Oct 2012
Is that Jiang Wei?
Jiang Wei please stop talking about justice, I get it xD

My question is.. the one giving them the whiskey bourbon.. Anna/Nina?
Or is that even her??
"Signature removed"
Jul 20, 2017 4:01 PM

Dec 2014
Here comes the naive rookie side character.

What happened to Nina... completely devoid of emotion, no memories too apparently. Was she the one that killed Petrov?

Also why do I always get so excited when I see Tenma??! damn
Sep 21, 2017 12:17 AM

Aug 2015
Johan in drag does a really good Nina impression.
Feb 6, 2018 5:52 AM

Mar 2016
I don't even know what's happening anymore.
Apr 18, 2018 8:04 AM

Oct 2015
Didn't really like detective Succ. I want to see more Grimmer or Johan.

I didn't really understand the part where Inspector Zeman is investigating their office for former Czechoslovakian secret police members. Weren't his men (2 guys) also former Czechoslovakian secret police members?
Apr 21, 2018 11:19 AM
Jun 2016
Yooooo right? I'm confused about that too. I understand Zeman was investigating their office and got paid to conceal the facts, but then why was he working with them and saying "our organization" wants the tape? Was he paid to join their group, or did he end up working for them somehow?
May 18, 2018 12:26 AM

Sep 2017
Well played Johan. WELL PLAYED.

In case people think that is still Nina, Nina couldn't do such a thing. She never knew how to kill people with candies. Only Johan did that before. Also, if it is not Johan, it must be Johan's mom(Well, it is still unlikely). That's the only possible explanation.

Candy killing is Johan's MO ONLY. Pretty useful during Halloween. Trick or treat anyone?

If Nina wanted to get the evidence, she wouldn't have killed the maid and also the grandpa. Nina never killed anyone before, so her first kill being the old guy don't make sense. Also, only Johan has the capability to kill people easily and be comfortable with children when he came out.(Grimmer didn't see him on the way out, cause Johan hid from him.)

Johan's agenda is to ensure Grimmer gets the key and evidence, and use it to get to his roots. That's why he left Grimmer alive, for now. And Johan cosplaying as his sister is the best way for him to ensure no one suspects Johan of all people.

Or it could be a brainwashed Nina, which is quite underwhelming to say the least. I hope it is Johan.

Tenma makes a cameo, which is just a way to remind us that he is still there.

Y'all should just read Pluto.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Aug 26, 2018 7:00 PM
May 2018
This current arc is great.
Oct 16, 2018 10:04 AM

Nov 2009
I got the impression that there's triplets instead of twins, therefor the reference to three frogs. There's so many twists though, I couldn't predict what will happen next let alone the ending. Love it.
Dec 30, 2018 3:36 PM

Nov 2016
When I was saying lack of suspects then I was definitely not considering that Nina would commit murder O_o

But it's still too early to say for sure.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 18, 2019 2:07 PM
Apr 2016
Lmao Anna got them good ahahahha... New character, oh well, all connected to Johan.
Mar 8, 2019 11:31 AM
Jan 2018
Omg I had my suspicion when the old man was killed, but now I am pretty sure Johan dressed up as Anna. The only question is why.
Apr 9, 2019 12:27 AM

May 2015
Detective Suk, more like detective Cuck
Apr 10, 2019 4:29 PM

Apr 2014
Is that really you Nina? :'-(
Jun 2, 2019 2:25 PM
Apr 2018
Ugh, most painful episode to watch by a mile. I couldn't stand Suk the moment he started talking. The whole cast has been amazing so far and then that noob is introduced; it even seems he will stay for a while damn it.

He ruined the whole episode. Period.
Jun 8, 2019 9:06 AM

Jan 2019
Now Now, What is going on here...
Jul 4, 2019 3:22 AM

Jan 2018
The fact that Anna/Nina is now act exactly like her brother is incredibly suspicious. Her personality swing was way too quick for this to be any kind of natural progression, unless she also has multiple personalities like Johan. Tbh I'm actually starting to think this could go in an even more bizarre direction, though.

Edit: called it on the whole "bizarre direction" thing xD
GreyleafJul 4, 2019 3:53 AM

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Sep 4, 2019 2:47 PM

Apr 2017
Curious to see how Suk will snap once he realizes that the only person he assumed he could trust actually killed 3 detectives, and Suk himself could've very easily died - the same goes for any other police officer, or any person who happened to be offered that candy. It seems very unlike Anna and more like Johan to kill aimlessly like this, considering that her target(s) may not even have eaten the candy to begin with. Did she finally snap after the hypnosis interrogation session?

It kind of baffles me how easily characters die, with not much consequence either; death really is cheap in this show. Not to mention that somehow everyone seems to gather in one place at the same time while having no communication with each other. It's all much too convenient.
Nov 9, 2019 8:21 PM

Dec 2018
How ironic for Suk and Nina(?).

Well, if this is Nina, she really is adopting Johan's MO. Though, I don't think she would call herself again Anna. Also Dieter is gone...
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Nov 26, 2019 5:41 AM

Oct 2013
Hold up, Nina (?) gave them poisoned candy. That's the same way everyone died in the hospital way back at the beginning of the series.

There's NO WAY that's a coincidence. Every detail matters in this show.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 15, 2020 2:36 PM
Jul 2013
thesilentarmy said:
Well, that police station is clearly corrupt and there are still a lot of people with affiliations for the old government in it now operating illegally and so forth, so of course they're all assholes.

Also, this ED is amazing. I generally hate anime music. I skip through all of it, and every now and then there is an exception. I like this one.

Welcome to the ex-soviet part of the world. There are not many things harder to root out than a totalitarian regime. It takes generations.
Regarding music, it is notably well suited, even if this ED seemed otherwise at first.
May 24, 2020 12:49 PM

Jul 2016
Damn... Suk has it REALLY bad
Sep 27, 2020 12:16 AM

Sep 2020
jaqenhghar said:
parfaited said:

No that was my face as soon as whiskey bonbons were mentioned and Suk declined.
Never trust candy in this show.

This.

sometim3s said:
Nina probably got eaten by Johan, lol

Or the other way around. Maybe Nina is actually the bigger monster. You know, the only one who could eliminate Johan.

Oh my goodness. "Maybe Nina is the bigger monster," and someone else said above that maybe Nina was the ones who gave candy to the hospital folks when she and Johan were in the hospital. My mind is blown. I hope it's not true, but it's so devious a plot twist that it just might be.

I didn't recognize Nina at all during this episode. I genuinely thought that the "Three Frogs" might have meant that there was a third sibling who looked identical to Nina, haha. Although, it is very characteristic of Nina to just hang out at bars in order to get close to certain people.

I want to know so badly what is going through Nina's head -- if she was always just as psychopathic as Johan, if it's another personality she has that she constantly battles, if she sustained brain damage that unleashed it, if this personality was triggered by that childhood storybook and the realization that she doesn't really have an identity. There are so many possibilities at this point!
Oct 11, 2020 1:13 PM

Dec 2007
story being build up again.

while suck is the one to get to the truth, nina using old-johan tricks, wonder what happened to her.
Nov 10, 2020 9:59 PM

Aug 2018
When I saw candy I immediately knew what was about to happen and of course it happened again, another triple kill by Johan. He is just expert of assassinating people with poison.
Dec 10, 2020 12:36 PM

Nov 2017
Golly, Nina attracts attention wherever she goes (and whether she likes it or not). I like it when Dr. Tenma appears whenever, it's like, things have happened and I'm sure he was doing stuff when he wasn't off camera, y'know?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

627 by wibugar »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Monster Episode 73 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 25, 2008

173 by ArtirSachi »»
May 6, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

105 by puffle9000 »»
May 2, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

149 by tectacles »»
May 2, 6:40 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

152 by tectacles »»
May 1, 8:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.