Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 2, 2022 12:13 AM
Jul 2022
EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS MAN... i totally agree - there's nothing like it. 'twas really one of a kind, masterpiece.
Aug 2, 2022 1:00 AM
Oct 2019
No way I'm reading all that... ;-; (Atleast not atm.) But Toradora! is definitely one of the best romance animes out there.
Aug 2, 2022 7:32 AM
Oct 2019
Well Golden Time is the same writer as Toradora and its a million times better.
Aug 2, 2022 8:36 AM
Jun 2015
yeah? it didn't seem anything that special to me. in fact, i enjoyed the yamada-kun and the seven witches (not the anime) more than this.
Aug 2, 2022 10:36 PM
Mar 2022
Oni_Zokuchou said:
I'm not sure what it was. A combination of factors, I'd imagine. Great dub, great story, a romcom/drama with more than just the main guy and girl as central cast members. Snappy, 3-episode story arcs that didn't overstay their welcome nor get resolved too quickly. Plenty of time for the relationships to be fleshed out. Great characters, and a grounded story.

Every few years, I end up rewatching Toradora. I don't do this with almost any other show, really. Not from lack of trying. I'm sure it's some amount of nostalgia for one of the first shows I watched as a fan of the medium, but ever since I've watched many other romantic comedies and dramas that just don't hit the same, honestly. Sakurasou was good, but not quite there, as were many other romance anime I've tried since. I'm sure Kaguya-sama will be a modern classic in a similar regard, but I've read the manga, so it won't hit the same for me. Sex Education scratched a similar itch, but live action just hits slightly different. Your Lie In April just made me depressed. Bunny girl Senpai's couple got together too early, Clannad was great but only because of After Story and that was again, just very sad, Chuunibyou was fine, Horimiya I'd read before, Nisekoi I also read, Golden Time was great but not quite there, Rent-A-Girlfriend is a trash fire, Quints I've read, Kokkoro Connect and Spice and Wolf I've also both seen, enjoyed, yet again, didn't hit quite the same.

Does anyone else deal with this? I mean, as the second most popular Anime under the romance tag, I don't doubt it, but if so, is there anything you'd recommend that did hit similarly? Could be an Anime, Manga, upcoming adaptation, or Light Novel. I'm just hoping I'll find something, and I appreciate anyone who helps me.

Omg same
Like Top One of my fav romcom is toradora
Been months since i last watched it
Kinda wanna rewatch it TvT
Aug 3, 2022 3:08 AM
Apr 2022
Stop you’re making me feel my toradora post depression syndrome

Honestly dub it’s perfect, where characters like taiga suit the dub more than the sub. The only time I’ve found this was hachiman in SNAFU.

I only started watching k-on because taiga and minorins dubbed va are in it and it’s amazing
Aug 3, 2022 6:17 AM
Apr 2022
Ani-MangaReader said:
Have you watched your lie in April… I recommend for the people to watch it after toradora; cuz I did and I’m crying like a no tomorrow

I stopped watching it because I predicted the ending and I’m not accepting that 😭
Aug 3, 2022 8:51 AM
Jun 2022
AkeemsList said:
Ani-MangaReader said:
Have you watched your lie in April… I recommend for the people to watch it after toradora; cuz I did and I’m crying like a no tomorrow

I stopped watching it because I predicted the ending and I’m not accepting that 😭
same.. but i didn't know the ending .., so i listened to a podcast audio of it , went into depression and cried like a baby
Aug 4, 2022 7:29 AM
May 2022
Toradora is the greatest rom-com anime of all time and no one will convince me otherwise. 10/10 would watch again and again and again and again and…
Aug 5, 2022 4:47 AM
Jan 2017
LTS979 said:
Rembe said:
A lot of the anime you listed hit quite harder than Toradora.

especially clannad

Only After Story. Clannad as is was pretty forgettable. The romance and the characters weren't as good, it was afterstory's sad tone that got me. Just not in the way Toradora did.
Aug 5, 2022 4:51 AM
Jan 2017
CandyRagi said:
True bro can't find more shit+cringe sol then this

Bruh you like fruits basket lmao

The show that even with a new adaptation, the story has aged like milk
Aug 5, 2022 4:52 AM
Jan 2017
Nightwish76 said:
Ani-MangaReader said:

Tbh, someone recommended me "Your lie in April" because I mentioned I'm a sucker for happy ending anime. 2 years after, I still hate that person with passion.

PS: Toradora didn't left me with a good impression, probably because of the ambiguous ending.

Ambiguous? The end credits scene was pretty set in stone imo.
Aug 5, 2022 4:54 AM
Jan 2017
calistakaufman said:
Toradora is def a fun watch, cute and sweet and annoying all at once lol. But I love it.

You might want to try Chobits. It's an oldie, but a goodie.

Chobits was one of the first I watched when chasing the romcom high I got when I finished Toradora for the first time. Very good show.
Aug 5, 2022 5:55 AM

Nov 2020
Oni_Zokuchou said:
CandyRagi said:
True bro can't find more shit+cringe sol then this

no way u think toradora is better then fruits basket ???
bruhhhhhhhhhhhh LMFAO "fruits basket story has aged like mild" thats y s1 is 8.2 , s2 is 8.6 and s3 is 9.03
whatever bro enjoy ur cringe story of a loli character taiga with shit mc ryuuji

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
Everything will be alright if
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to

We just keep dancing like we're 22, 22"
Aug 5, 2022 6:00 AM
Jan 2017
CandyRagi said:
Oni_Zokuchou said:

bruhhhhhhhhhhhh LMFAO "fruits basket story has aged like mild" thats y s1 is 8.2 , s2 is 8.6 and s3 is 9.03
whatever bro enjoy ur cringe story of a loli character taiga with shit mc ryuuji

Yeah, it has aged like milk. Toradora had clichés, whereas Fruits Basket is buried in them.

You can quote MAL scores all you like, they're carried by nostalgia anyways. The rating system of this website doesn't actually carry any weight, as evidenced by FMAB getting boosted to the top of the rankings every time something good comes out.
Aug 5, 2022 9:07 AM
Mar 2021
Yeah it's hard finding trash
Aug 5, 2022 9:56 AM

Nov 2020
Oni_Zokuchou said:
CandyRagi said:

Yeah, it has aged like milk. Toradora had clichés, whereas Fruits Basket is buried in them.

You can quote MAL scores all you like, they're carried by nostalgia anyways. The rating system of this website doesn't actually carry any weight, as evidenced by FMAB getting boosted to the top of the rankings every time something good comes out.

first of all I just want to make this clear that I mentioned ratings just to say that majority of the people that watched fruba 2019 like it . I am not using ratings to compare it with any other anime and saying that X have higher rating then Y thats X is better.

I and many of my friends and many other people that havent watched/read old fruba liked it too?? how is nostalgia related to this?
And u watched like 4 eps of fruba. the main story didnt even start on ep 4, they were just introducing characters till then how tf can u even say that the story havent aged well + people dont like the old version that much because after few eps it became anime original but the 2019 adaptation adapted the manga properly thats y people love it.
atleast watch the show first.

"I know Fruba story havent aged well but I have only watched 4 eps of fruba" this is bs LoL.

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to

We just keep dancing like we're 22, 22"
Aug 5, 2022 10:57 AM
Jan 2017
CandyRagi said:
Oni_Zokuchou said:

first of all I just want to make this clear that I mentioned ratings just to say that majority of the people that watched fruba 2019 like it . I am not using ratings to compare it with any other anime and saying that X have higher rating then Y thats X is better.

I and many of my friends and many other people that havent watched/read old fruba liked it too?? how is nostalgia related to this?
And u watched like 4 eps of fruba. the main story didnt even start on ep 4, they were just introducing characters till then how tf can u even say that the story havent aged well + people dont like the old version that much because after few eps it became anime original but the 2019 adaptation adapted the manga properly thats y people love it.
atleast watch the show first.

"I know Fruba story havent aged well but I have only watched 4 eps of fruba" this is bs LoL.

I read the manga before I had a mal account, and it meant too little for me to bother adding it to my list.

But since you think I'm uninformed on the subject, I'll fix that.

And if you say the 2019 adaptation adapted it "properly" then I can say with certainty that it's bad, too. No saving a poor foundation.
Aug 5, 2022 2:11 PM
Jul 2013
Hi! Have you tried “Zero no Tsukaima” the female main character is a cute tsundere with a similar character design to tyga. It takes place in a magical high school so it has a fun twist.
Aug 12, 2022 7:38 AM
Sep 2017
Just rewatching this now and i can confirm. This series is truly amazing, even if i watch other anime similar to this like Zero no Tsukaima, its no where near as good

Aug 20, 2022 5:48 PM

Mar 2022
Oni_Zokuchou said:
I'm not sure what it was. A combination of factors, I'd imagine. Great dub, great story, a romcom/drama with more than just the main guy and girl as central cast members. Snappy, 3-episode story arcs that didn't overstay their welcome nor get resolved too quickly. Plenty of time for the relationships to be fleshed out. Great characters, and a grounded story.

well... if you don't mind yuri, Bloom into you. It's a story of "Minorin" finding her ghost, in a bittersweet way. Serious questions about love, acceptance and trauma. Sadly, only first half is animated, so set the mood with that and read the manga to the end. If you are mature enough to see the payoff as loving and sweet, it concludes great, zero depression or sad, just positive feelz.

This one hit the spot for me, very close to the wound Toradora left, while being somewhat similar in themes. Bunny senpai and ReLife punched hard too, but in a different way.
I think it's a blend of romance and drama that does it for me in Toradora, entire lovable cast, grounded personal growth... and the soundtrack.
Very hard to find something similar, regarding how famous it is, you'd expect "copycats".
Jan 4, 2023 4:30 AM

Feb 2021
Man, fuck the people who say this show is "trash" or "never seen something as bad as this". This show absolutely destroyed me and it's the reason I became an anime fan in the first place. I had a major case of post-anime-depression for 2 weeks.
I used to absolutely despise everything weaboo-related, but after watching this out of guilty pleasure, I did a HUGE 180.

Listening to the openings and endings, rewatching scenes and just remembering characters makes me tear up.
This show really has a special place in my heart. Calling it trash hits me personal; without Toradora!, these last 2 years would be completely different for me.

Not liking something is a case apart, but comparing this to stuff you throw away in a wastebin is just wrong. Man that word is overused on this site. Always funny how the people who use that word have the same 5 top anime (they probably didn't even like but society 🤡 says they should) in their TOP 5 and think shows like One Piece & Naruto are masterpieces with their shitty pacing and criminal amounts of filler. (Not that they're bad, but come on, hypocrite).
miblanJan 4, 2023 4:40 AM

This is a cartoon site, you clown. Elitism in general is cringe enough already. Let people enjoy stuff.
Reminder to stay hydrated and read Umineko No Naku Koro Ni
Jan 5, 2023 9:26 PM

Jan 2021
I honestly feel the same, Toradora was a one of a kind experience for me. I mean, I like Clannad more, but Toradora just hit different as it was my first romance anime. Any romance I watch now just doesn’t do it for me, even Kaguya which is better comedically.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

284 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Apr 27

26 by VOLTHOR6 »»
May 3, 4:04 PM

» Toradora's Blu-ray has an issue

JustSomeone15 - Apr 29

2 by Binkini »»
Apr 30, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.