Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 30, 2022 3:42 AM

Oct 2020
I remember watching haikyuu like a few years back for the first like 5-7 episodes(i forgot), i remember there was a flashback with the capatain and the girlfriend in the middle of the battle with cat eye man i think. Basically i thought the series is really boring.

Anyways I recently just watched FMA:B and Kingdom anime and I got that awesome 'anime high' from those series. I really want to get another anime high and I got my eyes on Haikyuu and want to give it another shot. Will it get increasingly better overtime compared to the first beginning episodes??
Also I kinda don't like the MC buddy-buddy happy go lucky attitude. You think I will get used to that?
Jul 30, 2022 3:58 AM
Feb 2021
It gets better every season. Give it another try
Jul 30, 2022 3:59 AM
Nov 2021
ChiefDestiny said:
I remember watching haikyuu like a few years back for the first like 5-7 episodes(i forgot), i remember there was a flashback with the capatain and the girlfriend in the middle of the battle with cat eye man i think. Basically i thought the series is really boring.

Anyways I recently just watched FMA:B and Kingdom anime and I got that awesome 'anime high' from those series. I really want to get another anime high and I got my eyes on Haikyuu and want to give it another shot. Will it get increasingly better overtime compared to the first beginning episodes??
Also I kinda don't like the MC buddy-buddy happy go lucky attitude. You think I will get used to that?

absolutely yes 🙂
Jul 30, 2022 4:00 AM
Aug 2021
There will be character development, but the mc will stay the same. It's up to you whether you'll be able to stand it or not. A lot of new characters will be introduced and the show will be focused on their friendships and different relationships. Some of the volleyball games get really intense. I don't think the overall vibe of Haikyuu ever changes, but you might enjoy it after the new characters arrive.
Jul 30, 2022 4:01 AM

Nov 2021
Haikyuu was really good from the start for me and Hinata is one of the main reason I love the series but if he is your only problem in anime than you should continue watching it there are other interesting characters in tha anime who gets enough screen time later in the series.
Jul 30, 2022 4:07 AM
Jan 2022
Yes it does. I'm at the second season and I can't stop watching it. Be patient
Jul 30, 2022 4:11 AM
Feb 2021
ChiefDestiny said:

I think it's also about if you like sports animanga in general. I mean if you thought it was boring and you don't like sports anime it's just may be the genre is not for you. but if you like sports animanga you should give it another try haikyuu is a very nice series
Nir#9404 on discord feel free to DM me
Jul 30, 2022 4:16 AM
May 2022
I'm in the middle of season 2. And it's starting to get a little boring-but it's the anime that makes me play volleyball-
Jul 30, 2022 4:25 AM
Jan 2022
The first half of pretty much every season is focused on character introduction, development, comedy etc.

The suspense, action and of course more character development take place in the second half of every season. Where the tournaments actually begin.

I’d say the latter is definitely more exciting, so I’d say give it a try and if you still don’t like it, Haikyuu just probably isn’t the thing for you.
Jul 30, 2022 4:26 AM

Feb 2022
many character development + detailed character deft . Even the ball boy is recognized, must give it a shot 10/10 anime from my side. \( ̄▽ ̄)/
Jul 30, 2022 4:32 AM

Jul 2022
It is one of the best sports anime, keep watching.
Jul 30, 2022 4:35 AM
Jul 2021
Yes, keep with it. If by the end of the first season, you are not hooked, than you can skip it
Jul 30, 2022 4:38 AM

Oct 2020
Ars_Caelum said:
The first half of pretty much every season is focused on character introduction, development, comedy etc.

The suspense, action and of course more character development take place in the second half of every season. Where the tournaments actually begin.

I’d say the latter is definitely more exciting, so I’d say give it a try and if you still don’t like it, Haikyuu just probably isn’t the thing for you.

Ok this makes things interesting. I'll definitely keep that in mind
Jul 30, 2022 4:40 AM

Oct 2020
Thanks guys for the explanations. According to you guys i guess my plan is I'll continue watching the first season to the end, and if I get a hint of hype/suspense and potential within the first season i'll continue to the second season as apparently it gets better. If not, i'll stop.

Thanks everyone for helping me
Jul 30, 2022 4:42 AM

Jan 2013
Gets better for sure, allthough "To the Top| is a step down for me, it doesnt have the same hype the first 3 seasons have.
Jul 30, 2022 4:55 AM

May 2021
Its not obligatory for every person to make up a thread asking for the worthiness of a damn anime,just watch it if u want,and stop craving for responses.
Jul 30, 2022 4:56 AM

Oct 2015
I dropped it at the end of season 2 because the games are very predictable. Close games and lead to overtime, and eventually wins after tons of overtime. I prefer sports that the protagonist’s team can lose such as Slam Dunk or Chihayafuru which makes the game unpredictable and exciting to watch.
Jul 30, 2022 5:00 AM

Nov 2021
NewestPersonHere said:
I dropped it at the end of season 2 because the games are very predictable. Close games and lead to overtime, and eventually wins after tons of overtime. I prefer sports that the protagonist’s team can lose such as Slam Dunk or Chihayafuru which makes the game unpredictable and exciting to watch.

Lol, you are saying this while you haven't completed it, yet. They lose and it have all the things you mentioned. Give it another try.
itsrj20Jul 30, 2022 5:05 AM

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Jul 30, 2022 5:06 AM
Jun 2022
Its a great anime that can get you really hooked especially if you liked volleyball in the first place. Give the series time to introduce characters and settings in season 1 (which by istelf isn't bad at all) and you will be rewarded with nervewrecking and awesome moments down the road.
Enjoy the ride Space Cowboy!
Jul 30, 2022 5:07 AM
Jun 2022
itsrj20 said:
NewestPersonHere said:

Lol, you are saying this while you haven't completed it, yet. They lose and it have all the things you mentioned. Give it another try.

please avoid spoiler for OP
Jul 30, 2022 5:09 AM

Nov 2021
EldarinX93 said:
itsrj20 said:

please avoid spoiler for OP

Don't worry, I didn't mention whom they lose to, and it's a sports anime, so either they win or lose, it's common.

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Jul 30, 2022 6:13 AM
Mar 2022
I know at first Hinata looks little annoying but believe me as the season progress you will see good improvements.
Haikyuu is my favorite anime.
So be patient and rewatch again.
Also I think if you want watch it in English Dub
I find Haikyuu dub very good.
Some moments sound very good and inspiring when you see it in dub.
If I had to include best top 10 anime for me
Haikyuu will definitely be in the list.

Also notice my profile pic
Jul 30, 2022 6:16 AM

Nov 2020
10/10 + top 5 anime of all time + top 5 manga of all time + best sports+ peak openings + production ig

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
Everything will be alright if
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to
Everything will be alright if

We just keep dancing like we're 22, 22"
Jul 30, 2022 6:28 AM
Apr 2022
yes!!! give it a go again!!
Jul 30, 2022 6:35 AM
Jun 2021
i was the same where i didn’t like the first 6 ish episodes but after a certain threshold it becomes really really good. and s3 is a contender for best season in anime for me ngl
Jul 30, 2022 6:59 AM
Nov 2020
try it again it gets better
Jul 30, 2022 8:46 AM
Mar 2021
ChiefDestiny said:

just watch the first season, the first 12 episode aren't that great but the second half is insanely good, then if you think that it wasn't able to meet your expectations then I will say give up on it, through it get better further but if you don't like the first season then you aren't gonna like the rest of haikyuu either
Jul 30, 2022 8:48 AM
Mar 2021
NewestPersonHere said:

then start watching it again because it isn't all that predictable from season 3
Jul 30, 2022 9:12 AM
Jun 2021
Haikyu was my first sports anime and initially I was a bit skeptical about it as I knew nothing about volleyball. But later on, I became really invested. I really loved the hype they tried to create with the matches.
Jul 30, 2022 10:04 AM
Jul 2018
I watched the first season month ago and can't convince myself to watch the next one. Idk why despite I like volleyball
Jul 30, 2022 10:29 AM
Mar 2022
i dropped it like 5 times during s1-2 but it def gets better and it’s really worth it
Jul 30, 2022 12:46 PM
May 2022
I’ve been in your exact same position. I watched the first few eps of haikyuu a few years ago and just forgot abt it cuz i found it rlly boring. fast forward to about a year ago i had a kind of anime spree and i decided to watch all of haikyuu and boy let me tell you the more i watched the more my eyes were absolutely glued to the screen. it’s worth it
Jul 30, 2022 1:31 PM
Jul 2022
It will, its honestly a very special anime since many people can resonate with it, just keep giving it time and it can really teach important lessons!
Jul 30, 2022 2:05 PM
Jul 2019
Season 1 is a bit slow but season 2 and 3 are great.
Jul 30, 2022 2:11 PM
Jul 2021
I quit halfway through the second season for a reason I'm not sure about and so far I can't muster the energy to rewatch it, I don't really have that much of an investment in the characters to be honest
Jul 30, 2022 7:02 PM
Jan 2021
SO GOOD, i promise it’ll get wayyy better
Jul 30, 2022 9:43 PM
Jul 2020
ChiefDestiny said:

Yeah ,the first 12-15 episodes were a drag for me as well but when the competition starts it gets really hype
Jul 30, 2022 10:19 PM
Mar 2021
ChiefDestiny said:

Haikyuu is the only anime in which I cried after watching the episode. It gets better after avery season but if you didnt like the first few episodes you wouldn't like it anyway m.
Jul 31, 2022 7:59 AM
Dec 2021
ChiefDestiny said:

No doubt about it... there is reason why it's the best sports anime out there.✌️
Jul 31, 2022 10:01 AM
Sep 2021
ChiefDestiny said:

You will get used to that, however if you didn’t like the beginning you probably won’t like a lot of it. It kinda has that same teenage angst through volleyball vibe the whole show
Aug 1, 2022 11:48 AM

Feb 2015
Yeah it does, season 1 is good but by far the worst season of haikyu.
Aug 3, 2022 10:24 AM
Apr 2015
it never gets better, just some kids playing sports. go watch something else

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2014

125 by ANIk_003 »»
May 16, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2014

140 by ANIk_003 »»
May 16, 12:13 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2014

176 by ANIk_003 »»
May 15, 11:19 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

303 by isxelle »»
Apr 28, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2014

154 by AnimeBeckYor »»
Apr 20, 7:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.