Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 14, 2022 9:38 AM

Nov 2011
Nazuna just seems like the type of character who does whatever she wants lol. I enjoy watching her chemistry with Kou and it's priceless to see the two lying on the floor together.

Not going to lie, I enjoy the atmosphere and overall soundtrack of this show so far, including this episode. At the moment, it seems the anime focuses primarily on Nazuna and Kou with their relationship.
Jul 14, 2022 9:42 AM

May 2020
Hey dude mind your manners, you don’t go calling best girls slutty. Also Nazuna herself being a vampire and don’t know how many years old, she’s really too damn bashful lol, like getting red just after the mere mention of word “love”, won’t lie it was kinda cute. And again these backgrounds, really a sight for these eyes.

Playing with Walkie-talkie watches, this does bring some memories back lmao. Another serene episode. Also god music in this series, really the best this season.

Calling her Nazuna-chan… now again who was calling him a wimp.
Jul 14, 2022 10:13 AM
Nov 2021
I love the adaptation they really did an amazing job
The music is still top tier with all those gorgeous scenery
The VA is doing an amazing job too
And they adapt perfectly the manga so it's perfect
Next episode will be very good
Jul 14, 2022 10:20 AM

Apr 2018
Holy moly, the soundtrack doesn't fucking miss. I seriously don't have any words for it, it fits so perfectly well with the atmosphere of the show. Nazuna's busy looking everywhere for a man to drink blood from and Kou straight up called her a slut LOL. Still don't understand how she gets so emberassed after hearing the word "love" but "sex" is completely normal in her case. Well, once again, they ended up lying on the same floor. Completely normal and not as a cute couple with a great chemistry. On way to keep contact with her is through those walkie-talkies and the conversation they held was pretty fun.

Gotta mention the great fucking opening and ending by Creepy Nuts!

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 14, 2022 10:28 AM
Jan 2022
SideCharacterKal said:
Holy moly, the soundtrack doesn't fucking miss. I seriously don't have any words for it, it fits so perfectly well with the atmosphere of the show. Nazuna's busy looking everywhere for a man to drink blood from and Kou straight up called her a slut LOL. Still don't understand how she gets so emberassed after hearing the word "love" but "sex" is completely normal in her case. Well, once again, they ended up lying on the same floor. Completely normal and not as a cute couple with a great chemistry. On way to keep contact with her is through those walkie-talkies and the conversation they held was pretty fun.

Gotta mention the great fucking opening and ending by Creepy Nuts!

it's because love is the requirement for vampire to make an offspring not sex(i heard this from a podcast, they interpret that "love" joke like that, and i think it's make sense).
MnMm07Jul 14, 2022 10:34 AM
Jul 14, 2022 10:54 AM

Jul 2017
Creepy Nuts's OST is slowly growing on me, for both the OP and ED are great and have personality, plus the whole music atmosphere, it's just the greatest feeling ever.

It's yet another night for Ko, but the first for both him and Nazuna into making more offspring, and it's pretty lean on the sexual references (given author Kotoyama's tendencies to go ecchi). Nazuna looking for more victims to suck blood from, while Ko is just thinking that his meeting with her is just to copulate and be a vampire.

Nazuna's phone...is really an old man's brick phone, and seeing all those phones made her realize that it's just frustrating, so just let it be. Time to go sleep, and Nazuna's usual bloodsucking habit comes when Ko expected the most, his rich, sweet, juicy and tasty blood that's turned a codependent habit to find her each and every time.

Another night passes by, and Ko tries a different tactic to reach Nazuna: a watch with a transceiver a.k.a walkie-talkie function. But at best, it's a kids' toy while Ko played when he was young and alone. What a sad story that got the better of Nazuna, but what the hey, there's no harm in trying this test run that's like a couple's game.

Ko seeing that there's no harm in trying to be close to Nazuna in name, her blushes are easily the cutest. But the person whom got the other half of the transceiver...is this girl whom recognizes Ko?

Awaiting the Ara-Ara Onee-san Akira Asai's debut next week!
Jul 14, 2022 10:58 AM
Mar 2021
Show is so visually amazing, it's going to make people think Lidenfilms are a competent studio
Jul 14, 2022 11:01 AM

Apr 2014
That head tilt 🤣🤣 wait... wait... This is Lidenfilms not Shaft
The visual and OST from this episode were superb.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 14, 2022 11:08 AM

May 2016
What year is this set in? why does this guy have a phone from 2005?
Jul 14, 2022 11:14 AM

Jul 2017
The music continues to really deliver for this series so far, probably a bigger highlight for me so far than the visuals and aesthetics from these two episodes. Another episode where not too much happens but Yamori and Nanakusa hanging about, but the vibe shines pretty well still with this series (although it hit more in the previous week). Again, watching this in a dark room at night hits well and makes me glad I'm currently abroad for the time being as I get to see the first couple episodes as it airs while having it be at night at the same time.

If LIDENFILMS can adapt this well to the end, my hype will be through the roof for Insomniacs After School next year given some similarities present between both series. Only if LIDENFILMS does try for that series though and doesn't put in a low-effort production for it.
Jul 14, 2022 11:17 AM
Sep 2021
Need that insert song when they were flying.
Jul 14, 2022 11:22 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ahah it's kinda going on the ecchi side even more than I expected but it was fun xD especially like the watch transmission scene though his other watch from his childhood got activated and seems like it's because of that girl that knows him hmm, I wonder who she is I believe she's a childhood friend or something
Jul 14, 2022 11:23 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Ko really needs better parents huh. Still surprising that Nazuna doesn't have a cell though. That phone that she dug out of her closet sure was a real relic though. Ko's childhood must have been pretty rough if he was playing the transceiver game by himself. The convo between the two via it though was pretty fun. At least Ko finally had the opportunity to finally press the call button. Its nice to see Ko be able to make his long awaited first friend in the form of Nazuna. Her reaction to that was priceless. Overall a slow paced ep that did well to showcase the growing bond between the two main leads via their friendship that worked well with the expansion on Ko's character. Curious to see what the new girl brings to the table though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2022 11:24 AM
May 2014
Lifeisgood215 said:

i tried using AHA Music extension, but no luck
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2022 11:27 AM

Jan 2020
Ah yes, the copulation. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ko Yamori might be one of the saddest bois in anime, lmao. I mean, at least things seem to be looking up for him, but he certainly hasn't had much luck up until this point. I can sympathize, making and keeping friends is hard stuff.

Wasn't a super strong episode, but it was fun nonetheless. Between the lewd jokes and playing with receivers: I enjoyed the quips between Yamori and Nanakusa.

OP/ED are still really good. Might be my favorites of the season.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 14, 2022 11:35 AM
Jul 2020
i am just loving it
Jul 14, 2022 11:36 AM
Aug 2020
Lifeisgood215 said:

From the credits it's "ロスタイム" ("Lost Time" I think?) by Creepy Nuts
Jul 14, 2022 11:38 AM
Sep 2021
Blitz702 said:
Lifeisgood215 said:

Lost Time is the opening song.
Jul 14, 2022 11:42 AM
Aug 2020
Lifeisgood215 said:
Blitz702 said:

Isn't the OP called Daten?
Jul 14, 2022 11:45 AM
Sep 2021
Blitz702 said:
Lifeisgood215 said:

Isn't the OP called Daten?

Yes. My apologies. You are correct
Jul 14, 2022 11:46 AM
Jan 2022
Another banger of a episode, Really going all out on the visuals and music once again, Heres some of my favourite lines for this episode:

"slutty she devil",
"do you do line"
"foreplay? what a dirty boy"
"If this is a test run i bet the real thing is gonna be stimulating"
"top of the evening to you"

I can already tell this is going to be one of if not my best non sequel anime of Summer 2022, hell, It can probably even compete with the sequels, Time to start counting down the days until the next episode, and resist the urge to read ahead in the manga.
Jul 14, 2022 11:46 AM
May 2014
Blitz702 said:
Lifeisgood215 said:

thanks

Lifeisgood215 said:

check this
https://twitter.com/yofukashi_pr/status/1547622073467490305

it seems you need to wait https://www.neowing.co.jp/product/AICL-4276
Jul 14, 2022 11:48 AM

Sep 2021
Oh god this Is a beautiful adaptation, and creepy nuts making banger to banger, the ending that actually Made the manga called like that Is awesome and has a lot of personality as the opening, and that insert song was also really good.
Great episode
Jul 14, 2022 11:52 AM

Feb 2021
Really good episode, enjoyed this one just much as the first one.

Pretty much a continuation of the first episode, just the two of them spending time together so nothing new until that new character at the end there.
Jul 14, 2022 11:54 AM

Mar 2020
Man am I enjoying this! Love the nighttime ambience, and Creepy Nuts's OST compliments it so well! The chemistry between Nazuna and Kou is very entertaining to watch, and this is probably the show I look forward to the most every week.

And was that a Shaft head tilt I saw? Awesome stuff.
Jul 14, 2022 11:56 AM

Sep 2020
Seriously the music is unreal. Like how?

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Jul 14, 2022 11:59 AM
Dec 2021
great! combining subspaces.
Jul 14, 2022 11:59 AM
May 2021
This anime has surprised me !! 🔥🔥 loving it soo farrr
Jul 14, 2022 12:01 PM

Mar 2018
I love these two's chemistry together, so fun to watch!
Jul 14, 2022 12:05 PM

Jul 2011
If a big cellphone is cooler, get a tablet to use as phone.

Im with Nazuna about the transceiver story, is just sad.

The production just made the mistake when choosing the band. That is just bad.
Jul 14, 2022 12:09 PM
Oct 2020
EstebanOD said:
Gosh, I know it's japanese but they could chill a little on the pedophilia..
It's supposed to be a sexual act for this vampire that is probably 400 yo and the boy is like 14 IIRC...

she's not 400, she's
Jul 14, 2022 12:12 PM

Dec 2013
I was pretty sure I was going to like this being a huge fan of the manga, but having lidenfilms doing it, and knowing early chapters of the manga are pretty low-key had me a little worried. They are knocking it out of the park so far though. Great direction, great visuals, great music and VA performances. Their banter was so cute and kept me engaged.

Most of all though, Even though they aren't "dating" in the traditional sense, its So incredibly refreshing having an anime romance where it dives right into them figuring their relationship out instead languishing in will-they-won't-they forever and finally holding hands after 3 seasons.
Jul 14, 2022 12:13 PM

Aug 2013
This is perfect (well, except the music, or rather these vocal tracks, because soundtrack is good). I love the chemistry between them.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 14, 2022 12:20 PM

Dec 2020
Am I the only one who has monogatari vibes from this? Like there is barely anyone in the city, no cars, the 'camera shots', the dialogue etc.
Jul 14, 2022 12:21 PM

Dec 2013
BlichoBoy said:
If a big cellphone is cooler, get a tablet to use as phone.

Im with Nazuna about the transceiver story, is just sad.

The production just made the mistake when choosing the band. That is just bad.

It's not really the productions idea. It's the mangakas. The series' title itself was lifted from the Creepy Nuts song used in the ED. So it seems like they just mad a deal to heavily feature them with the op,ed and inserts. Not particularly a fan of their music personally. But I think it fit surprisingly well myself.
Jul 14, 2022 12:21 PM
Feb 2022
I'm impressed. That's vibe and music is... I just can't describe in words. Maybe top of the season, I think
Jul 14, 2022 12:27 PM
Mar 2022
Shaft themselves can't be this Shaft-y
TsunderesTheBestJul 14, 2022 12:31 PM
Jul 14, 2022 12:32 PM

Jul 2014
Nazuna is definitely more than just looks, her personality and mannerisms alone makes her stand out from the girls in other shows this season. No wonder Kou worked his ass off looking for her all night.

Whole show is already a vibe and I’m loving every single second of it.
Jul 14, 2022 12:33 PM

Feb 2021
The next episode will be great. Altough the new girl isn't the most interesting of the additional cast, she will give Ko more personality (backstory etc.)

Looks like they're doing the classic 2-episodes-per-manga-volume thing here.

Really liked the episode, but not a big fan of the fanservice shots. It's really not needed and as said before multiple times: the manga doesn't have any of them. Luckily it's not explicit.
Really impressed by the music though, I knew it would be great but I'm still surprised! I even like the OP more than the ED, wich I loved since I saw the trailer.

Kinda dissapointed that they left out the "YOU DARE FLASH NECK IN PUBLIC?" line from the manga. I laughed out loud when I read that and was waiting for it, but oh well, the scene still put a smile on my face.
miblanJul 14, 2022 12:39 PM

This is a cartoon site, you clown. Elitism in general is cringe enough already. Let people enjoy stuff.
Reminder to stay hydrated and read Umineko No Naku Koro Ni
Jul 14, 2022 12:42 PM

Jul 2014
miblan said:
Really liked the episode, but not a big fan of the fanservice shots. It's really not needed and as said before multiple times: the manga doesn't have any of them. Luckily it's not explicit.

This. I’m pretty sure the show will still garner viewers and Nazuna will still be loved even without all the extra fanservice shots. Well it’s Japan, people eat this shit up.
Jul 14, 2022 12:44 PM

Dec 2013
miblan said:
...not a big fan of the fanservice shots. It's really not needed and as said before multiple times: the manga doesn't have any of them. Luckily it's not explicit.

Yeah this would be my one gripe so far as well. But even in the manga I remember thinking nazuna was portrayed pretty suggestively, even if the shots aren't as blatant as they are here. Some of the shots in this ep weren't even in keeping with the mood of the scene. It's was just like. "Check out her crotch! " as they were bantering...
thedrynessJul 14, 2022 12:47 PM
Jul 14, 2022 12:56 PM
Jan 2022
i personally think the fan service isn't that distracting considering vampire itself is often portrayed as a seductive creature, the new watcher would be expecting some of that. i think the fan service is still tame, but if you count the ED than yeah you could think like that but it's still far from a show that could tagged as ecchi, it's still seductive (which you can find this in many MV of some female US singer, i found from Twitter the Ed song has anaconda-nicki minaj MV reference, it's when nazuna crawling in blue room) but not in a distracting way and it still fit with the vampire theme and nazuna character itself who is like dirty jokes.
MnMm07Jul 14, 2022 1:01 PM
Jul 14, 2022 1:01 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Ko and Nazuna seems to have really good chemistry. Nazuna likes to talk dirty, but gets flustered very easily when it comes to romance. Lol at Nazuna owning a cell phone from the late 80s. Those things were expensive back in the day. It also reminds me when I brought my first smartphone after having a flip phone for so long. Ko decided to communicate with Nazuna with a transceiver. He bought another pair when he was younger and left the one of them in a random location, but he never had the courage to call the person who picked up the other one. Also I think the girl who had the other transceiver was the one who confessed to Ko, but got rejected.

Really vibing to the OST by Creepy Nuts and I loved the song that was playing in the background while they were flying together.
Jul 14, 2022 1:08 PM

Dec 2013
MnMm07 said:
i personally think the fan service isn't that distracting considering vampire itself is often portrayed as a seductive creature, the new watcher would be expecting some of that. i think the fan service is still tame, but if you count the ED than yeah you could think like that but it's still far from a show that could tagged as ecchi, it's still seductive but not in a distracting way and it still fit with the vampire theme and nazuna character itself who is like dirty jokes.

Yeah I mean sexy mysterious but easy-going vampire is nazuna's whole schtick. And I get that some sexy stuff comes with the territory, and i'm down with that. It makes sense to have suggestive shots of her when she's in bed with ko or sucking his blood and stuff like that. But there's a point where she lands on a telephone pole and then there's a shot where her daisy dukes viewed from below take up the whole screen, but its not a scene where anything sexy or suggestive between the two was going on so it honestly feels jarring. It just weird when that stuff is thrown in when the scene doesn't call for it.
Jul 14, 2022 1:43 PM
Dec 2018
crispycereal said:
Am I the only one who has monogatari vibes from this? Like there is barely anyone in the city, no cars, the 'camera shots', the dialogue etc.

That's the Director from Monogatari that is why u get the vibes
My Candies:

Jul 14, 2022 1:46 PM

May 2021
this episode was really boring imo

Jul 14, 2022 1:50 PM

Feb 2021
bouncyzo34 said:

I have read the Manga too and it wasn't just all wholesome. they weren't as noticeable but there was definitely fanservice panels

Any noticeable examples?

edit: lmao his account is gone
miblanJul 15, 2022 1:00 PM

This is a cartoon site, you clown. Elitism in general is cringe enough already. Let people enjoy stuff.
Reminder to stay hydrated and read Umineko No Naku Koro Ni
Jul 14, 2022 1:54 PM
Jan 2022
What a good epi the chemistry was great and Oh my that ED took me off guard a lil bit cant lie.
Jul 14, 2022 1:54 PM

Jan 2018
Both OP and ED are by far my favorites this season. OST and atmosphere slaps as well. Even Nazuna's room with futon on the ground has great atmosphere. Good shit
Jul 14, 2022 1:58 PM

Jul 2014
Man, I love Nazuna so much. Sora Amamiya is doing such a great job making her so lovable.

I also love the interactions between our leads. They are so fun and wholesome.

And I already loved the ending song but the visuals are just as great. I'm very impressed and excited about this show.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» MC’s Age??

sekaistar - Yesterday

33 by sekaistar »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

381 by Nikmomo93 »»
Apr 27, 2:14 PM

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2022

227 by Nikmomo93 »»
Apr 26, 6:47 AM

» Second season confirmed by a reliable leaker.

lucio54 - Mar 10

35 by UnfunnyKing »»
Mar 28, 11:44 AM

Poll: » Yofukashi no Uta Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

mimimilk - Jul 4, 2022

383 by Mailo91 »»
Mar 26, 4:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.