Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 12, 2022 1:51 AM
Aug 2021
Hi. Do you think this will ever be licensrd?
Aug 9, 2022 4:31 PM

May 2021
Hi there, I was wondering the same thing . In my opinion if someone of the western publishers decides to license this that will be Yen Press . I can't imagine the woke Viz publishing this light novel series . Seven seas Entertainment might also license this . But I really wonder why anyone hasn't licensed this yet. Even if the ratings in the west aren't that high the anime became really popular so I am sure many people want to start reading the light novel and i think it will sell well . I wanted to ask , does Yen press has a way to let you give book recommendations ?
Aug 9, 2022 5:02 PM

Feb 2021
Yubisoft said:
Hi there, I was wondering the same thing . In my opinion if someone of the western publishers decides to license this that will be Yen Press . I can't imagine the woke Viz publishing this light novel series . Seven seas Entertainment might also license this . But I really wonder why anyone hasn't licensed this yet. Even if the ratings in the west aren't that high the anime became really popular so I am sure many people want to start reading the light novel and i think it will sell well . I wanted to ask , does Yen press has a way to let you give book recommendations ?
I think some of the volumes got banned in Australia, so I doubt Yen Press or any other publisher would want to pick it up since they can't even sell it in one of their markets.
Aug 10, 2022 2:56 AM

May 2021
MadanielFL said:
Yubisoft said:
I think some of the volumes got banned in Australia, so I doubt Yen Press or any other publisher would want to pick it up since they can't even sell it in one of their markets.

Υοu just wrote probably one of the most unimportant reasons(figure of speech) about why western publishers and especially Yen Press don't want to publish this light novel series . I mean Australia banning content (games , movies , manga) is not something new for decades now but that hasn't stopped the majority of the industry to continue selling their products to the rest of their markets . US market and especially the EU market are light years bigger markets when it comes to selling manga and profit . To be frank it doesn't make any sense for a publisher not to start selling something just because one of their weakest/smallest markets banned this product. I mean i mean no offense to my fellow fans from Australia , I am just looking it from business perspective .
YubisoftAug 10, 2022 3:11 AM
Aug 10, 2022 4:11 AM

Feb 2021
Yubisoft said:
MadanielFL said:

Υοu just wrote probably one of the most unimportant reasons(figure of speech) about why western publishers and especially Yen Press don't want to publish this light novel series . I mean Australia banning content (games , movies , manga) is not something new for decades now but that hasn't stopped the majority of the industry to continue selling their products to the rest of their markets . US market and especially the EU market are light years bigger markets when it comes to selling manga and profit . To be frank it doesn't make any sense for a publisher not to start selling something just because one of their weakest/smallest markets banned this product. I mean i mean no offense to my fellow fans from Australia , I am just looking it from business perspective .
Yeah that's true, but I can see why it would be an inconvenience for Yen Press.
Aug 12, 2022 6:06 PM

Jul 2021
I started filling out Seven Seas' monthly reader survey and only filling in the requested light novel/web novel section with OreImo and Eromanga-sensei as my top 2 picks but I doubt that will get me anywhere. I really want them both to be licensed but it probably really just depends on how big the profit potential is. If a lot of people banded together to campaign for licensing of it, then someone will probably pick it up.

More topics from this board

» Any possibility of season 2?

Jaaku_na_Neko - Jul 4, 2023

2 by Jaaku_na_Neko »»
Jul 11, 2023 12:49 AM

» Question for people who continued after the anime (Spoilers)

Ecarteo - Dec 8, 2022

1 by Sunset_Shimmer_ »»
Dec 27, 2022 3:28 AM

» Volume 9 Spoiler

Syureria - Oct 3, 2019

16 by Reevansingh21 »»
Oct 15, 2022 6:45 AM

» eromanga sensei discussion

tinytina15 - Jun 3, 2020

1 by anime-prime »»
Jun 3, 2020 1:46 AM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Volume 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2016

2 by RPWPA »»
Jun 4, 2017 1:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.