Forum Settings
Forums

'Sasaki to Miyano: Sotsugyou-hen' Movie to Premiere in 2023, Spin-off 'Hirano to Kagiura' Gets Short Movie

New
Jul 10, 2022 12:06 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013

The cast talk segment during the Hirano to Kagiura (Hirano and Kagiura) recitation drama announced on Sunday that the new Sasaki to Miyano (Sasaki and Miyano) anime project will premiere as a movie. Titled Sasaki to Miyano: Sotsugyou-hen (Sasaki and Miyano: Graduation Arc), the movie sequel will open in theaters in Japan in 2023.

A short movie adapting the Hirano to Kagiura (Hirano and Kagiura) spin-off manga will also screen in theaters simultaneously. Main staff and cast from the television anime are reprising their roles.

Shinji Ishihara (Log Horizon) is returning to direct the movies at Studio Deen, with assistant director Soudai Ueno (Kochouki: Wakaki Nobunaga episode director). Yoshiko Nakamura (Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun) is penning the script, and Maki Fujii (Zutto Mae kara Suki deshita.: Kokuhaku Jikkou Iinkai) designing the characters. Kana Shibue (Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu) is composing the music.

The slice of life boys love manga by Shou Harusono began on the Gene pixiv website in February 2016. Kadokawa will publish the ninth volume on July 27, which bundles an original video anime titled Sasaki to Miyano: Koi ni Kizuku Mae no Chotto Shita Hanashi. (A Little Story Before I Realized Love.), written by the original creator.

Harusono launched the Hirano to Kagiura spin-off manga in Monthly Comic Gene in March 2019. Kadokawa released the third volume on February 26.

Yen Press licensed the manga in English in October 2020 and released the fifth volume on April 26.

Synopsis (Hirano to Kagiura)
The diligent high school freshman Akira Kagiura and his senior Taiga Hirano have been roommates for half a year. Kagiura used to be anxious about his future dormitory life, but thanks to his energetic senior looking out for him, he has come to feel content and at ease. As he continues to rely on Hirano more and more each day, he develops strong feelings for his selfless friend. In the six months they have left as roommates, Kagiura is determined to put a name to the relationship he cherishes so dearly before it comes to an end. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Source: Press Release

Hirano to Kagiura on MAL
VindstotJul 10, 2022 4:47 PM

Jul 10, 2022 12:37 AM

Jul 2021
More BL goodness yesss
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jul 10, 2022 12:42 AM

Apr 2016
This is good, with a movie they can have a more accessible 18+ rating.
Jul 10, 2022 2:37 AM

Mar 2021
Yess, i love their relationship. I’m so excited for this!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2022 2:45 AM

Feb 2021
CQLLIST said:
More BL goodness yesss

Yes!

lslaa said:
Yess, i love their relationship. I’m so excited for this!!

Me too!

I hope for announcement of second season soon for next year! And TV anime announcement for Hirano and Kagiura also next year!
Jul 10, 2022 3:01 AM
Jul 2018
Oh my God. I am so excited for this. Thank you for letting this show be adapted.
Jul 10, 2022 5:07 AM

Jun 2021
Swagernator said:

What exactly are you trying to imply here?
Jul 10, 2022 6:07 AM
Nov 2020
YESSSSSSSS HIRAKAGI ADAPTION I am sooooooooo happy even if its a short movie I can't wait to watch it hope it also gets a series adaption at some point
Jul 10, 2022 9:45 AM
Jan 2019
Swagernator said:
First time I'm hearing a movie format being more accessible for an 18+ rating. If anything, most often you come across short anime series being made for adult audiences, like the anime festa projects. Didn't know anime formats can influence the ratings in the first place. Is it the same for manga formats as well?
Jul 10, 2022 11:38 AM
Sep 2020
BL? Not my cup of tea.
Jul 10, 2022 12:54 PM

Apr 2012
Nutella71 said:
Swagernator said:
First time I'm hearing a movie format being more accessible for an 18+ rating. If anything, most often you come across short anime series being made for adult audiences, like the anime festa projects. Didn't know anime formats can influence the ratings in the first place. Is it the same for manga formats as well?

Swagernator was probably trolling, but it's pretty simple. The TV series is shown to a much wider audience, including casual ones. Of course, there will be more attention to the content.
Jul 10, 2022 2:32 PM
Jan 2019
RobertBobert said:
Nutella71 said:

Swagernator was probably trolling, but it's pretty simple. The TV series is shown to a much wider audience, including casual ones. Of course, there will be more attention to the content.
It's true the fact it's a series (meaning it's going to be broadcasted over the span of several months) would probably catch more attention (it will be one of the seasonal anime after all) than one movie, but not sure about what you mean by "there will be more attention to the content"? As in, more attention=more people noticing it or more attention to the content by the developers of the anime?
Jul 10, 2022 2:36 PM

Apr 2012
Nutella71 said:
RobertBobert said:

It's true the fact it's a series (meaning it's going to be broadcasted over the span of several months) would probably catch more attention (it will be one of the seasonal anime after all) than one movie, but not sure about what you mean by "there will be more attention to the content"? As in, more attention=more people noticing it or more attention to the content by the developers of the anime?

The time of the broadcast is not so much important as its publicity. What do you think will attract more attention, a paid showing of a movie in a cinema or a public broadcast on one of the main TV channels? And as a result, in what case will inappropriate content get more publicity, in the cinema or on TV?

More topics from this board

» 'Make Heroine ga Oosugiru!' Unveils Additional Cast, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

1 by CocoaGalaxy »»
4 hours ago

» Animation Studio Gainax Declares Bankruptcy

Vindstot - Yesterday

26 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago

» Fourth Season of 'Osomatsu-san' Announced

Vindstot - Jun 6

19 by Sondo »»
7 hours ago

» 'Mob kara Hajimaru Tansaku Eiyuutan' Reveals Additional Cast

Nioxys - Today

2 by Yubisoft »»
Today, 6:20 AM

» 'Mecha-ude' Unveils Additional Cast

Nioxys - Today

1 by deg »»
Today, 4:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.