Forum Settings
Forums
New
Good or bad CGI
Jul 7, 2022 6:25 AM

Mar 2022
https://twitter.com/movie_slamdunk/status/1544992710641082368
It looks like Berserk 2016... Nooo. We waited like 2 years I remmeber seeing the annocumeent when it first came out. And this is what we get. I epected more from Inoue my god.
The anaimtion looks so bad. They look like PS2 models on top of well made designs.
QUICK COMPARISON:
https://static.hitek.fr/img/42/ill_m/1969377350/tweetsthefirstslamdunkanime.png cgi anime
https://p3.toutiaoimg.com/origin/pgc-image/e1a8ce216e2649c383e9d9f25f98ad5e?from=pc manga art style
BellaceJul 11, 2022 8:40 AM
[/url]
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 7, 2022 6:31 AM
Jul 2021
If you think this looks like berserk you have no clue what animation even is. Pls stop with these cringe threads.
Jul 7, 2022 6:33 AM

Jan 2009
again there is an Animator Shortage Crisis going on because of too much overproduction of anime so expect more 3DCG anime

The anime industry is so saturated with high-profile projects at the moment that studios have to fight tooth and nail to secure qualified animators—sometimes internally so. What could be a great excuse to offer workers more attractive conditions is failing across the board. https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2022/02/22/the-anime-industry-bottleneck-the-unrewarding-nightmare-to-assemble-a-high-profile-team/
Jul 7, 2022 6:34 AM

Mar 2022
DrBalls said:
If you think this looks like berserk you have no clue what animation even is. Pls stop with these cringe threads.

No, this looks bad. The fludity is like Berserk int he way the CGI moves. You can defend bad animation but its bad.
[/url]
Jul 7, 2022 6:34 AM

Jan 2009
anyway this is good enough 3DCG im still hype
Jul 7, 2022 6:35 AM
Jul 2021
Bellace said:
DrBalls said:

No, this looks bad. The fludity is like Berserk int he way the CGI moves. You can defend bad animation but its bad.

Sigh. Sure bud, whatever you say.
Jul 7, 2022 6:35 AM

Mar 2022
deg said:
again there is an Animator Shortage Crisis going on because of too much overproduction of anime so expect more 3DCG anime

The anime industry is so saturated with high-profile projects at the moment that studios have to fight tooth and nail to secure qualified animators—sometimes internally so. What could be a great excuse to offer workers more attractive conditions is failing across the board. https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2022/02/22/the-anime-industry-bottleneck-the-unrewarding-nightmare-to-assemble-a-high-profile-team/

ik but this is slam dunk. one of the best selling manga with over 170 million in slaes and it's returning after so long with this and inoue the creator and prob the best mangaka directing it. I udnertsnd why theres so much CGI but i expected Inoue to make some masterpiece in anaimtion based on how cosnsitent his quality is.
[/url]
Jul 7, 2022 6:37 AM

Mar 2022
deg said:

im trying to gain hype but i cant watch this in theaters with anyone without apologizing cause inoue did a great job diesgning it and the detail on the characetrs is awesome but the aniamtion in a basketball centered film dosen't work.
[/url]
Jul 7, 2022 6:39 AM

Jan 2009
Bellace said:
deg said:

im trying to gain hype but i cant watch this in theaters with anyone without apologizing cause inoue did a great job diesgning it and the detail on the characetrs is awesome but the aniamtion in a basketball centered film dosen't work.

what do you mean 3DCG does not work for a basketball film when basketball is all about slow motion and camera movements and camera circus angles that 3DCG provides?
Jul 7, 2022 6:42 AM

Mar 2022
DrBalls said:
Bellace said:

Sigh. Sure bud, whatever you say.

what i was meaning with how it looks is with how it flows. berserk 2016 struggled with cgi based on hwo the deisgns diddn't feel natural and stood out and looked poorly handled and it mirrors berserk in that way.
the character designs are well drawn keeping a good amount of detail though it's hard to appreciate it based on the junky animation.
slam dunk benefits from 2d in many instances based on sound and seeing the sweat and struggle throughout each game.
i would be fine if they had a mi of 2d/3d but otherwise it looks rushed. i think inoue though will still make this a banger somehow.
[/url]
Jul 7, 2022 6:44 AM

Mar 2022
deg said:
Bellace said:

what do you mean 3DCG does not work for a basketball film when basketball is all about slow motion and camera movements and camera circus angles that 3DCG provides?

its based on how the characters look and how they are directed and feel:
slam dunk the manga and anime are mainly good at showing the stress and hard work it takes to win. we see the characters have leg issues, back issues and struggle to maintain themselves in the game. it adds to the thrill when they win. and using realistic designs and real tactics for it to feel authentic. CGI will make the characters stand out and the weight of the characters running sweating and bruised wont hit as hard. slam dunk depends on realism its central to how the manga is directed. inoue used tension by showing the realism of both teams and makes the characters feel so human by how they play the game and suffer by playing. its like how the new db movie doesn't hit as hard and if it was 2d it would work better
for example: vagabond is hype realsitic with its manga art and it adds to the world and characters by using art that mirros its timeperiod and uses little dialogue and rather uses the surreal facial features to tell a story. if we used this cgi i bet you it woudlnt work as well
BellaceJul 7, 2022 6:49 AM
[/url]
Jul 7, 2022 7:29 AM

Aug 2020
Looks like the new DBS movie 😭
I'm disappointed especially considering it's a movie so they should've had enough budget for 2d animation.
Regardless, if they're able to adapt the manga properly then I don't really care but I definitely am disappointed to an extent.
Jul 7, 2022 7:31 AM

Jan 2009
Tyraq said:
I'm disappointed especially considering it's a movie so they should've had enough budget for 2d animation.
Regardless, if they're able to adapt the manga properly then I don't really care but I definitely am disappointed to an extent.

the budget meme again, any studio can all have the budget but if there is not enough talented freelance staff like animators that are available then any amount of budget cannot help
Jul 7, 2022 7:34 AM

Mar 2022
Tyraq said:

im kinda the same i love the manga it helped me get into basketball so il wathc it no matter what but it really makes me depressed
[/url]
Jul 7, 2022 7:34 AM

Aug 2020
deg said:
Tyraq said:

the budget meme again, any studio can all have the budget but if there is not enough talented freelance staff like animators that are available then any amount of budget cannot help

I guess that's true I didn't really think about that but my expectations were a bit high.
Jul 7, 2022 7:35 AM

Apr 2020
It doesn't look awful. I'll still give it a fair shot.
Jul 7, 2022 7:52 AM

Mar 2022
Tyraq said:
deg said:

I guess that's true I didn't really think about that but my expectations were a bit high.

i feel its earned that ur expectations were high. we havent gotten material from this series in anime or manga in decades and this is what we get. a poorly made film. after this long. you have every right to be outraged. its like vagabond returning and the art is the worst of hxh panels in 15 pages. of course you shoudl be mad
[/url]
Jul 7, 2022 7:56 AM

Mar 2022
Salty-GB said:

it looks fine with the models. the art on the models is very well detailed but the cgi is very poor. the backgorund characters are ps2 models. and cgi dosent work well with slam dunk or jsut basketball manga in general. look at how kurono no basket looks in 2d and imagine it looking ;like this it woudlnt be effective.
[/url]
Jul 7, 2022 10:21 AM
Feb 2021
This is directed by Inoue himself so I have faith, plus get your eyes checked this looks nothing like Berserk 2016
Jul 7, 2022 10:22 AM

Feb 2021
It looks disgusting comparing to the old series. I won't watch this movie, sorry everyone.
Jul 7, 2022 10:28 AM

Mar 2022
OvergrownRover said:
This is directed by Inoue himself so I have faith, plus get your eyes checked this looks nothing like Berserk 2016

it does with how the cgi works when talkign about animation. the art is well designed and the character designs are really on point to an extreme i have faith in inoue he will make this film a 7/10 at most. i was exaggerating looking back saying it was like berserk 2016 but it was to make a point it looks bad and regret phrasing it that way since the character designs here are really good despite the awful cgi surrounding it which i cant say for berserk 2016 since everything is bad in berserk 2016.
BellaceJul 7, 2022 10:31 AM
[/url]
Jul 7, 2022 10:29 AM

Mar 2022
-Marce said:
It looks disgusting comparing to the old series. I won't watch this movie, sorry everyone.

i understand. for me im watching it when it comes out but not in theaters since i would have to apolgize to anyone i bring with me
[/url]
Jul 7, 2022 10:31 AM

Feb 2021
Bellace said:
-Marce said:

i understand. for me im watching it when it comes out but not in theaters since i would have to apolgize to anyone i bring with me

Yes, unfortunately. It is so sad to see classic series are treated like this.
Jul 7, 2022 10:34 AM

Mar 2022
-Marce said:
Bellace said:

Yeah, and it's been so long since we have gotten any content from Slam Dunk and to see it being shafted and tunred into a 3D monster. I just cant. I remmeber seeing the annoucmenet for a Slam Dunk movie when it was first annouced. After all this time we get this. Also its been decades since Slam Dunk has gotten anything new. We lost Vagabond and Real looks like it's missing as well. Inoue is directing this which is sad. Also this will prob flop making any sequel impossible. Though it could help manga sales.
[/url]
Jul 7, 2022 10:39 AM

Feb 2021
Bellace said:
-Marce said:

Yeah, and it's been so long since we have gotten any content from Slam Dunk and to see it being shafted and tunred into a 3D monster. I just cant. I remmeber seeing the annoucmenet for a Slam Dunk movie when it was first annouced. After all this time we get this. Also its been decades since Slam Dunk has gotten anything new. We lost Vagabond and Real looks like it's missing as well. Inoue is directing this which is sad. Also this will prob flop making any sequel impossible. Though it could help manga sales.

Agree. I was so happy when they announced the movie and int he end it turned out like this.

Vagabond was ended as far as I know: https://mangadex.org/title/fe18fe91-fa82-441c-9d87-66414d59a622 Inoue himself wrote the epilogue.

As for Real, yes, I don't like one chapter for one quarter. I really hope he ends Real!
Jul 7, 2022 10:50 AM

Mar 2022
-Marce said:
Bellace said:

Agree. I was so happy when they announced the movie and int he end it turned out like this.

Vagabond was ended as far as I know: https://mangadex.org/title/fe18fe91-fa82-441c-9d87-66414d59a622 Inoue himself wrote the epilogue.

As for Real, yes, I don't like one chapter for one quarter. I really hope he ends Real!

Oh from what I remember the epilogue came out in like 2009 but Vagabond stopped releasing chapters around 2015 so my guess is he was still continng it but stopped. I'm guessing he ended it but I expect based off this film in a interview for promotion he will speak on Vagabond and Real since he hasn't spoke about Vagabond before its final chapter in 2014 from what I remember.
I'm guessing he could have made Real as a side thing to get the courage to return for Vagabond but prob not.
Though I think this film could do very well since we haven't seen Slam Dunk stuff in forever but based off this PV it's reception could damage it which I hope dosen't happen since Inoue dropped Vagabond over ethuasim and work ethic and him seeing overwhelming hate won't help him.
From what I remember as well the epilgoue wasn't a relased chapter but more of something in a exhibition so I wouldn't truly call it a ending more of a one-shot since Vagabond left off.
I love Inoue but he can try to be a bit more dedicated.
[/url]
Jul 7, 2022 11:01 AM

Feb 2021
Bellace said:
-Marce said:

Oh from what I remember the epilogue came out in like 2009 but Vagabond stopped releasing chapters around 2015 so my guess is he was still continng it but stopped. I'm guessing he ended it but I expect based off this film in a interview for promotion he will speak on Vagabond and Real since he hasn't spoke about Vagabond before its final chapter in 2014 from what I remember.
I'm guessing he could have made Real as a side thing to get the courage to return for Vagabond but prob not.
Though I think this film could do very well since we haven't seen Slam Dunk stuff in forever but based off this PV it's reception could damage it which I hope dosen't happen since Inoue dropped Vagabond over ethuasim and work ethic and him seeing overwhelming hate won't help him.
From what I remember as well the epilgoue wasn't a relased chapter but more of something in a exhibition so I wouldn't truly call it a ending more of a one-shot since Vagabond left off.

Unfortunately it is a common problem in famous mangas. Berserk, Hunter, Nana, Black Lagoon, Phoenix from Osamu Tezuka, Barefoot Gen, Bastard!, With the Light and others.

I hope author of Bastard will end the series after the release of new OVAs. As for others only authors know.
Jul 7, 2022 11:36 AM

Jan 2019
I can't believe this shit, Inoue's art is just so beautiful and Toei has the audacity to do this. It looks even worse than that Dragon Ball Super new film.
So fucking disappointing.
Jul 7, 2022 12:17 PM

Mar 2022
neffst3r said:
I can't believe this shit, Inoue's art is just so beautiful and Toei has the audacity to do this. It looks even worse than that Dragon Ball Super new film.

Facts. Mostly it looks worse based on it not being as popular. I hate this so much. And the teaser thingy before this was a 2d drawing of everyone huddling together so its like they baited us as well.
[/url]
Jul 7, 2022 12:19 PM

Mar 2022
-Marce said:
Bellace said:

Unfortunately it is a common problem in famous mangas. Berserk, Hunter, Nana, Black Lagoon, Phoenix from Osamu Tezuka, Barefoot Gen, Bastard!, With the Light and others.

I hope author of Bastard will end the series after the release of new OVAs. As for others only authors know.

Yeah but hwat sucks is Inoue keeps making more masterpieces and leaving them unfinished at first I assumed he was scared his ending was bad. But no, Vagabonds epilogue conclusion thingy was amazing. Its like almost in the top 10 manga on anilist on its own (the epilgoue-cocnlusion one shot thing).
Also alot of his reasoning is just odd. Not a back issue but more of a I don't feel like doing this after 15 years. Net manga.
[/url]
Jul 7, 2022 12:21 PM

Mar 2022
neffst3r said:

I almsot forgot, Inoue is directing this and mainly doing all the descisions I wonder if he chose for it to be 3D and why cause he should not see this CGI as some Hitcock masterpiece of ficiton.
Like did no one grab a picture of his work on Vagabond and compare it to this CGI cause ugh.
[/url]
Jul 7, 2022 12:23 PM

Feb 2021
Bellace said:
-Marce said:

Yeah but hwat sucks is Inoue keeps making more masterpieces and leaving them unfinished at first I assumed he was scared his ending was bad. But no, Vagabonds epilogue conclusion thingy was amazing. Its like almost in the top 10 manga on anilist on its own (the epilgoue-cocnlusion one shot thing).
Also alot of his reasoning is just odd. Not a back issue but more of a I don't feel like doing this after 15 years. Net manga.

Really. I understand Nana's author, she is ill and can't write the manga, partly Hunter's author too, but not such behavior.
Jul 7, 2022 1:19 PM

Mar 2022
-Marce said:
Bellace said:

Really. I understand Nana's author, she is ill and can't write the manga, partly Hunter's author too, but not such behavior.

Yeah, I respect if a author stops for personal health things and more but just saying basically I got bored with writing so bye after your fans have been follwing your work for almost 20 years of Vagabond you just quit on us with barley any explanation and he never speaks on it. Last tweet on it was in 2014 when it was about to end and saying a new chapter was coming out and that's all. And then he did Real and directed this film. Imagine instead of this film we could've gotten at least one Vagabond or new Real chapter.
It's like if Berserk's author Miura just quit Berserk without giving any official reason and starting some random manga for like 7 years and never speaking on it.
What makes me mad is Inoue never officially ended the series. He basically said I'm stopping here. And the fans had to find the Exhibition "Final Chapter" One-Shot and leave it there.
I understand Vagabond was a hard series to draw probably which shows how devoted he was. But it seems bold and kind of pity not to try and explain why you are just quitting on a series. It just feels like, "Hey, it's my series I can end it where I want to. I didn't make this for you, it's not for you. It's for myself. And you gotta deal with it."
And I think a reason we haven't gotten more Real chapters or a possible Vagabond continuation is because he has been spending most of his time directing this ugly Slam Dunk movie. I loathe this movie because it took away possible chances of better stuff.
It's like Berserk's Golden Age Arc. It's kind of infamous in the Berserk fanbase based on how it's the only thing adapted over and over and is pretty much what people who don't read manga know Berserk as cause of how much it's been readapted instead of any other arc.
[/url]
Jul 7, 2022 1:23 PM

Feb 2021
Bellace said:
-Marce said:

Yeah, I respect if a author stops for personal health things and more but just saying basically I got bored with writing so bye after your fans have been follwing your work for almost 20 years of Vagabond you just quit on us with barley any explanation and he never speaks on it. Last tweet on it was in 2014 when it was about to end and saying a new chapter was coming out and that's all. And then he did Real and directed this film. Imagine instead of this film we could've gotten at least one Vagabond or new Real chapter.
It's like if Berserk's author Miura just quit Berserk without giving any official reason and starting some random manga for like 7 years and never speaking on it.
What makes me mad is Inoue never officially ended the series. He basically said I'm stopping here. And the fans had to find the Exhibition "Final Chapter" One-Shot and leave it there.
I understand Vagabond was a hard series to draw probably which shows how devoted he was. But it seems bold and kind of pity not to try and explain why you are just quitting on a series. It just feels like, "Hey, it's my series I can end it where I want to. I didn't make this for you, it's not for you. It's for myself. And you gotta deal with it."
And I think a reason we haven't gotten more Real chapters or a possible Vagabond continuation is because he has been spending most of his time directing this ugly Slam Dunk movie. I loathe this movie because it took away possible chances of better stuff.
It's like Berserk's Golden Age Arc. It's kind of infamous in the Berserk fanbase based on how it's the only thing adapted over and over and is pretty much what people who don't read manga know Berserk as cause of how much it's been readapted instead of any other arc.

Yes, both Real and Vagabond are great works and they need new chapters. Instead we got this ugly 3D movie.
Jul 7, 2022 1:44 PM

Apr 2020
Bellace said:
Salty-GB said:

it looks fine with the models. the art on the models is very well detailed but the cgi is very poor. the backgorund characters are ps2 models. and cgi dosent work well with slam dunk or jsut basketball manga in general. look at how kurono no basket looks in 2d and imagine it looking ;like this it woudlnt be effective.

I think the CGI looks fine honestly. The lighting looks a bit fake so hopefully they fix that before it comes out but aside from that I don't see much of an issue. The crowd looks like shit even in 2D shows so that's a bit nitpicky.

3D can be an amazing tool and I do think it can work for any short show if used correctly; if anything I think manga has the VB igger risk of looking bad because it's hard to make movement look good. At the end of the day this isn't a replacement for the manga or the original anime though. It's just a new thing.
Jul 7, 2022 1:46 PM

Mar 2022
-Marce said:
Bellace said:

Yes, both Real and Vagabond are great works and they need new chapters. Instead we got this ugly 3D movie.

Yeah, and I feel if this film fails or is a success either way I think we will never get Vagabond since Inoe seems like someone who is very strict on their belief and standard and suddenly going back to the series would seem desperate or trying to make some money.
The only way he would prob come back is to finish off Volume 38 since chapters 323-327 aren't avaible in Volume format yet.
This film only damages Slam Dunk's reputation to newcomers like Berserk 2016 did to Berserk's image. Or how 4Kids One Piece made any OP fan in 2008 get kicked off a thread cause they like a dumb kids show with loli pops and a bad rap song
[/url]
Jul 7, 2022 1:46 PM

Jan 2022
It isn't good, but there is a way to improve it. If they decided to make more vibrant colors instead of just getting a different tone of grey and spam a lot of sweet and a lot of smear frames would make this great.
Jul 7, 2022 1:49 PM

Apr 2020
Mastty said:
It isn't good, but there is a way to improve it. If they decided to make more vibrant colors instead of just getting a different tone of grey and spam a lot of sweet and a lot of smear frames would make this great.

I don't think blowing out the saturation is the key here. Just more dynamic lighting would be effective.
Jul 7, 2022 1:50 PM

Mar 2022
Salty-GB said:
Bellace said:

I think the CGI looks fine honestly. The lighting looks a bit fake so hopefully they fix that before it comes out but aside from that I don't see much of an issue. The crowd looks like shit even in 2D shows so that's a bit nitpicky.

3D can be an amazing tool and I do think it can work for any short show if used correctly; if anything I think manga has the VB igger risk of looking bad because it's hard to make movement look good. At the end of the day this isn't a replacement for the manga or the original anime though. It's just a new thing.

The 3D designs for me work but looking at how the original anime was directed and seeing how much it depended on 2D in scenes where characters are sweating and bruised and detailed 2D designs are required or insane 3D to capture that kind of detail. If all the characters in this anime had sweat on them it would seem ugly and off looking based on how overly bright the background and setting is. Slam Dunk benefits from realism and this feels overly plastic or generic with it's style. And it also benefits from impact like characters bruised up bleeding running down the court and the sound effects and intensity of someone making the ball go into the hoop. CGI could ruin this.
I hope they release a trailer soon about 3 min long so we could have more to look at.
[/url]
Jul 7, 2022 1:51 PM

Mar 2022
Mastty said:

yeah, it looks like a bad ps2 background maker and the deisgns in the background look like models frozen for a shot rather than people running around in a courtroom in a highschool
[/url]
Jul 7, 2022 1:52 PM

Mar 2022
Salty-GB said:
Mastty said:

I don't think blowing out the saturation is the key here. Just more dynamic lighting would be effective.

I think a fusion of 2d/3d animation would work better like spider-verse. Or take how Legend of Korra or ATLA was animated.
[/url]
Jul 7, 2022 1:58 PM

Apr 2020
Bellace said:
Salty-GB said:

I think a fusion of 2d/3d animation would work better like spider-verse. Or take how Legend of Korra or ATLA was animated.

It is a 2D 3D blend. Almost all CGI anime are. The faces are usually texture-mapped to get that good facial detailing.

Bellace said:
Salty-GB said:

The 3D designs for me work but looking at how the original anime was directed and seeing how much it depended on 2D in scenes where characters are sweating and bruised and detailed 2D designs are required or insane 3D to capture that kind of detail. If all the characters in this anime had sweat on them it would seem ugly and off looking based on how overly bright the background and setting is. Slam Dunk benefits from realism and this feels overly plastic or generic with it's style. And it also benefits from impact like characters bruised up bleeding running down the court and the sound effects and intensity of someone making the ball go into the hoop. CGI could ruin this.
I hope they release a trailer soon about 3 min long so we could have more to look at.

I disagree, I think the blood and bruising would look fine in 3D. The sweat could look even better with the added benefit of shine. Like I said, if they fix the lighting we'll get that good shit. Its still too early to tell how this will go though.
Jul 7, 2022 2:00 PM

Feb 2021
Bellace said:
-Marce said:

Yeah, and I feel if this film fails or is a success either way I think we will never get Vagabond since Inoe seems like someone who is very strict on their belief and standard and suddenly going back to the series would seem desperate or trying to make some money.
The only way he would prob come back is to finish off Volume 38 since chapters 323-327 aren't avaible in Volume format yet.
This film only damages Slam Dunk's reputation to newcomers like Berserk 2016 did to Berserk's image. Or how 4Kids One Piece made any OP fan in 2008 get kicked off a thread cause they like a dumb kids show with loli pops and a bad rap song

Let's hope he will finish Vagabond and Real.
Jul 7, 2022 2:10 PM

Mar 2022
-Marce said:
Bellace said:

Let's hope he will finish Vagabond and Real.

yeah, i hope he does but kind of seems hoepless
[/url]
Jul 7, 2022 2:11 PM

Mar 2022
Salty-GB said:
Bellace said:

It is a 2D 3D blend. Almost all CGI anime are. The faces are usually texture-mapped to get that good facial detailing.

Bellace said:

I disagree, I think the blood and bruising would look fine in 3D. The sweat could look even better with the added benefit of shine. Like I said, if they fix the lighting we'll get that good shit. Its still too early to tell how this will go though.

yeah, i can see your viewpoint though i disagree. i hope they see the critiscm and try to patch things up
[/url]
Jul 7, 2022 7:14 PM
Feb 2021
neffst3r said:

Inoue himself is DIRECTING the movie lol
Jul 7, 2022 8:47 PM

Nov 2021
Man this looks good what's your problem

Jul 7, 2022 9:12 PM
Jul 2018
Bellace said:
https://twitter.com/movie_slamdunk/status/1544992710641082368
It looks like Berserk 2016... Nooo. We waited like 2 years I remmeber seeing the annocumeent when it first came out. And this is what we get. I epected more from Inoue my god.
The anaimtion looks so bad. They look like PS2 models on top of well made designs.
QUICK COMPARISON:
https://static.hitek.fr/img/42/ill_m/1969377350/tweetsthefirstslamdunkanime.png cgi anime
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/56/4a/fa/564afad999bd3f56ca3e59372b670345.jpg manga art style
Ok you're overreacting with saying its on Tier with Berserk CGI but I agree that it wouldve been way better to see this in some nice 2D animation
Jul 7, 2022 9:49 PM

Jan 2019
OvergrownRover said:
neffst3r said:

Inoue himself is DIRECTING the movie lol
Cool, too bad the art on this trailer looks nothing like his super detailed art in the original manga itself.
Even the old anime I think is better than this.

Which is exactly why I wouldn't want a Vagabond anime.
Jul 8, 2022 1:02 AM
Mar 2021
immeasurable pain 🥹 why just why cgi why 🥹🥹🥹
zura-zuraJul 8, 2022 1:05 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The First Slam Dunk Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WeAllShineOn - Dec 3, 2022

71 by LightningApe »»
Yesterday, 12:09 PM

» Is this a sequel?

Andrevenus01 - May 3

7 by em_doubleyou »»
May 18, 8:55 PM

» Do you think more anime should be directed by the mangaka?

APolygons2 - May 8

6 by Otaku_4511 »»
May 10, 5:21 AM

» Blu-Ray when?

HusaynTV - Aug 14, 2023

9 by leftjoycon »»
Apr 2, 9:56 PM

» 『THE FIRST SLAM DUNK』Movie Blu-ray/DVD LIMITED EDITION + Standard Edition sold 234,764 copies in its first week

deg - Mar 5

5 by Otaku_4511 »»
Mar 14, 8:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.