Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Rin or saber
Jul 6, 2022 9:51 PM
Jul 2021
Is the fate visual novel better than the anime, and can someone tell me the best site to get the VN for free cause I don’t have money and I still want to experience this story. If anyones willing to lend the information I will be immensely grateful. Also I want to know whether rin or saber is better.
Jul 6, 2022 10:03 PM

Jan 2021
I mean, you definitely gain better insight into their characters as compared to their anime counterparts, but the adaptation still got its point across.

I think the audience's perception of Shirou benefits the most by reading the VN, since his monologues were lost in the anime, and they provided major context regarding his personality and actions.

As for the VN, you can find various installation guides on the subreddit.
Jul 6, 2022 10:05 PM
Oct 2021
You can find the whole VN on YouTube .
Jul 6, 2022 10:50 PM
Aug 2021
Fun Fact: The orginal Fate was an eroge
Jul 6, 2022 11:01 PM

Feb 2020
The visual novel is definitely better than the anime. The anime, while a good adaptation, is just a very good summary in all honesty.

For obtaining the visual novel, obviously, you will need a computer if you don't already have one.

Just for reference, do you have uTorrent or know how to torrent?

Jul 6, 2022 11:19 PM
Jun 2021
Whether or not the VN is better than the animes is up to you imo, cause if you're fine with reading a lot the VN is better, but if you just want quick entertainment or you aren't a fan of reading you'll like the anime adaptations more

One thing with the adaptations is that unless you watch the 2006 Studio Deen adaptation of the first VN route (most people say it's bad and that it spoils the other routes, but I haven't seen it), you end up losing out on the first route

I downloaded the VN following a yt turorial, but since I don't use my pc a lot I ended up watching a playthrough on yt where the person just had the game on auto-read and showed all the choices (Idk if I'm allowed to post a link to it)

And Saber>Rin but they're both great
サンタクロース?そんなのいるはずがないのだ!馬鹿なのか?ーーあ、あれ?今年はクリスマスプレゼント抜きなのか?ま、待つのだ!ちょっと話すのだ!サンタクロースがもしかしたらいるかもしれないのだー!
Santa Claus? Are you dumb? There's no way something like that could... Huh? There's going to be coal in my stockings this year? W-wait! Let's discuss this! I'm sure there's some possibility that Santa is real!
-雪風様 (Yukikaze-sama)
Jul 7, 2022 1:10 AM

Nov 2021
Vn goes a deep into the characters, explaining why they did that or why did they choose that, for example shirou, like why he still choosed to do that after being told what he can end up with (not mentioning for spoilers), still anime is well adapted, Ufotable's route are enough to understand mostly whatever happened and make sure to watch 2006 one too, it's outdated but still holds the saber's route.

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Jul 7, 2022 1:18 AM

Aug 2020
VN is much better and goes a lot in depth into the characters and story so I highly do recommend it.
If you wanna read the entire VN for free you can search YouTube for silent walkthroughs of the different routes.
Jul 7, 2022 4:02 AM

Feb 2019
misterinfoman said:
Is the fate visual novel better than the anime,

Overwhelmingly so.

and can someone tell me the best site to get the VN for free cause I don’t have money and I still want to experience this story. If anyones willing to lend the information I will be immensely grateful.

A web version was created a little under a year ago.

Also I want to know whether rin or saber is better.

Saber.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Jul 7, 2022 4:30 AM
Jul 2021
O_T_T said:
misterinfoman said:
Is the fate visual novel better than the anime,

Overwhelmingly so.

and can someone tell me the best site to get the VN for free cause I don’t have money and I still want to experience this story. If anyones willing to lend the information I will be immensely grateful.

Also I want to know whether rin or saber is better.

Saber.
thanks, hope saber is best girl like you say
Jul 7, 2022 7:39 AM

Jan 2021
misterinfoman said:
O_T_T said:

Overwhelmingly so.

Saber.

rin is also wayyy better than the ubw anime rin
ufotable for some reason turned her into an extreme tsundere in the anime
but yeah saber best grill for sure
salad77Jul 7, 2022 7:45 AM
Read the visual novel nerd
Jul 7, 2022 7:57 AM

Jan 2021
Ri-iel said:
Fun Fact: The orginal Fate was an eroge

and thats why people should install realta nua so the h scenes are disabled
Jul 7, 2022 8:50 AM
Jun 2021
salad_farded said:
misterinfoman said:

she ways always a tsundere though. just in the vn it was toned down in favor of sadist
Jul 7, 2022 9:35 AM

Jan 2021
HanBoitheLamb said:
salad_farded said:

she ways always a tsundere though. just in the vn it was toned down in favor of sadist

thats what i meant yeah
also based pfp
Jul 7, 2022 11:42 PM

Mar 2020
misterinfoman said:
Is the fate visual novel better than the anime, and can someone tell me the best site to get the VN for free cause I don’t have money and I still want to experience this story. If anyones willing to lend the information I will be immensely grateful. Also I want to know whether rin or saber is better.

Yeah, the VN is better and you should read it. It's longer, allowing for better development of the characters and Shirou's internal monologue means you can better understand his thought process. For an installation guide, look one up on YouTube.

Aug 28, 2022 3:29 AM

Apr 2022
Only Rin vs. Saber?

Sakura is sad...

Aug 28, 2022 3:42 AM

Jun 2016
>is the visual novel better than the anime?
Yes. A lot.
>where to get for free
Torrent it. Torrents usually come with installation instructions, how to make the program think it's running on a japanese PC (you'll get some errors otherwise) and patching instructions for the unofficial translation if you don't understand Japanese.
>Rin or Saber
Rin. Theo1899 is a certified tsunderfag.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Oct 11, 2022 6:56 PM
Oct 2018
misterinfoman said:

The vn is wayy better than the anime. The anime really doesn't get an opportunity to properly portray the thoughts and reasoning behind all the characters and doesn't make shirou out to be as good of a protagonist as he is in the vn. You can't buy the game in English as it was never released outside of Japan but information on getting the game in English can be found on the fsn subreddit. Although there is a web browser version, that's a lot more for people who've played the game and just wanna look back a certain scene and definitely not a recommended way to experience the vn. Saber best girl.
CheeeezeOct 23, 2022 10:30 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by oilapqoi »»
May 15, 12:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.