Forum Settings
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 6, 2022 12:49 PM
Jul 2022
How do you rate Arc 7 so far?

I know the Arc is not finished yet so the poll is not some final conclusion.
I read that a lot of people are disappointed so I´m curious.
Jul 10, 2022 6:12 AM
Apr 2015
It's great, filled with many great twists, characters, worldbuilding and great overall writing, while still somehow finding new ways to make Subaru suffer, and oh hell he suffers like crazy...

Still, as much as I really like this arc, it will never be at the same level as arc 4's great character development and story, and arc 6's mindfuckery.
Jul 12, 2022 8:06 AM

Dec 2021
This arc has to be the most eventful arc so far. Like, so many things happen and we are still half-way through the arc.
Rosa Umineko Drip

The Witch of Badassery.
Jul 19, 2022 5:22 AM

May 2021
This arc has the best world-building so far so the second-best.

Mar 20, 2023 7:31 AM
Apr 2019
Can anyone tell me what happens to rem i wanna know whether she get together with subaru or not please me what happened so far with her after she woke up it's not covered in anime and i wanna know whether rem is still in love with subaru or not,
Mar 20, 2023 6:36 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Twilight_rose said:
Can anyone tell me what happens to rem i wanna know whether she get together with subaru or not please me what happened so far with her after she woke up it's not covered in anime and i wanna know whether rem is still in love with subaru or not,

My men is desperate huh? Have you ever heard about wiki?

You might despair, but so be it:
https://rezero.fandom.com/wiki/Rem/Relationships

Any Rem's fan is in due to long suffering, that is what you get to pick up the lesser good girl, EMT all the way!
Considering Tappei wants to do 11 arcs at least and the WN started in 2012, you either pick the source and slowly get your feelings sorted out, or suffer, FOREVER!!!!

Doubt we will ever see a full ReZero adaptation of all the arcs for such a long series.
Mar 20, 2023 9:35 PM
Jul 2018
Arc 7 is average. It had some good moments like the Shinobi Village loop but otherwise bad pacing makes it feel average.
Mar 21, 2023 4:58 AM

Dec 2021
Playcool said:
Considering Tappei wants to do 11 arcs

Pfft. I doubt he wants to stop at that.
Rosa Umineko Drip

The Witch of Badassery.
Mar 21, 2023 2:36 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Igreja said:
Playcool said:
Considering Tappei wants to do 11 arcs

This dude started this in 2012, how much longer will he want to drag things? I mean I dont mind as long as there is quality to it, truth be said, for things like Arc 4, was able to use just a few locations for the whole thing, just going back and redoing stuff with info and shocking developments going on.

If he applied such logic to a ton of the world major points of interest, he could indeed make tons of arcs, but it would lose focus IMO.
As long as he has a story to finish and thing to setup properly to get the ending he wants, all good.
Mar 21, 2023 3:17 PM

Dec 2021
Playcool said:
Igreja said:

This dude started this in 2012, how much longer will he want to drag things? I mean I dont mind as long as there is quality to it, truth be said, for things like Arc 4, was able to use just a few locations for the whole thing, just going back and redoing stuff with info and shocking developments going on.

If he applied such logic to a ton of the world major points of interest, he could indeed make tons of arcs, but it would lose focus IMO.
As long as he has a story to finish and thing to setup properly to get the ending he wants, all good.

Or it could be on the same length as the index LN. Though, I doubt it would end at just arc 11. Arc 7 is an arc that was never planned in the equation until very recently, and it supposedly concluded but on a cliffhanger. The next arc would continue it, thus extending the length of the series than the length already planned for it.

And since Arc 7 came out of nowhere, there is still room for more detours if Tappei thought it was necessary.
Rosa Umineko Drip

The Witch of Badassery.
Mar 21, 2023 10:11 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Igreja said:
Playcool said:

This dude started this in 2012, how much longer will he want to drag things? I mean I don't mind as long as there is quality to it, truth be said, for things like Arc 4, was able to use just a few locations for the whole thing, just going back and redoing stuff with info and shocking developments going on.

If he applied such logic to a ton of the world's major points of interest, he could indeed make tons of arcs, but it would lose focus IMO.
As long as he has a story to finish and things to set up properly to get the ending he wants, all good.

Or it could be the same length as the index LN. Though, I doubt it would end at just arc 11. Arc 7 is an arc that was never planned in the equation until very recently, and it supposedly concluded but on a cliffhanger. The next arc would continue it, thus extending the length of the series more than the length already planned for it.

And since Arc 7 came out of nowhere, there is still room for more detours if Tappei thought it was necessary.

Indeed, but that series was divided into parts, already going at the third, and while I m still on the second, NT, I feel that even though the writer did such a division, the LN itself has lost tons of steam due to running for so long, dragging so much.

It is imperative that if ReZero wants to go through that route, to stay relevant, and what you said kinda worries me, we dunno what is on Tappei's head, so maybe arc 7 was necessary and he only realized close to finishing arc 6?!

Concerning the ending, I think he has it laid out, what he wants to do, and all the major twists already conceptualized, but he has planned a very long journey still to that part and might have serious problems suitably shaping things to reach where he wants to.
Thought in hindsight this feels like a common problem that many writers have to go through when they already have the ending planned from start.

IF he is having problems, it is better that he takes a break and decides how he wants to proceed rather than creating more meaningless arcs just to have something to feed the fans, while he gets his shit together.

Then again, I have only now started arc 5, at LN Vol16, I have like 14-18 volumes of text to get through (after vol21 only WN chapters), to see things from a point where you are seeing, and my response them might be that I like arc 7, who knows.
Mar 24, 2023 6:12 AM
Apr 2019
Playcool said:
Twilight_rose said:

Any Rem's fan is in due to long suffering, that is what you get to pick up the lesser good girl, EMT all the way!
Considering Tappei wants to do 11 arcs at least and the WN started in 2012, you either pick the source and slowly get your feelings sorted out, or suffer, FOREVER!!!!

Doubt we will ever see a full ReZero adaptation of all the arcs for such a long series.

11 arc you said, and what you gave me to read only stated that her memories are not returned but i still hope there is a chance it will come back, and i didn't knew Ram would also fall for subaru wasn't she in love with the mansion owner (idk his name maybe roswal something) so lets see how it ends
Mar 25, 2023 7:28 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Twilight_rose said:
Playcool said:

11 arc you said, and what you gave me to read only stated that her memories are not returned but i still hope there is a chance it will come back, and i didn't knew Ram would also fall for subaru wasn't she in love with the mansion owner (idk his name maybe roswal something) so lets see how it ends

Taken from the link above, to me that is very clear, they are coming back, but very slowly and you better read the WN if you want to see such a situation, cuz I doubt we will ever get it in anime covering that far, you would need to wait till the end of a possible S4 at earliest.
Apr 26, 2023 11:16 AM

Mar 2020
Playcool said:
Igreja said:

Or it could be the same length as the index LN. Though, I doubt it would end at just arc 11. Arc 7 is an arc that was never planned in the equation until very recently, and it supposedly concluded but on a cliffhanger. The next arc would continue it, thus extending the length of the series more than the length already planned for it.

Indeed, but that series was divided into parts, already going at the third, and while I m still on the second, NT, I feel that even though the writer did such a division, the LN itself has lost tons of steam due to running for so long, dragging so much.

It is imperative that if ReZero wants to go through that route, to stay relevant, and what you said kinda worries me, we dunno what is on Tappei's head, so maybe arc 7 was necessary and he only realized close to finishing arc 6?!

Concerning the ending, I think he has it laid out, what he wants to do, and all the major twists already conceptualized, but he has planned a very long journey still to that part and might have serious problems suitably shaping things to reach where he wants to.
Thought in hindsight this feels like a common problem that many writers have to go through when they already have the ending planned from start.

IF he is having problems, it is better that he takes a break and decides how he wants to proceed rather than creating more meaningless arcs just to have something to feed the fans, while he gets his shit together.

Then again, I have only now started arc 5, at LN Vol16, I have like 14-18 volumes of text to get through (after vol21 only WN chapters), to see things from a point where you are seeing, and my response them might be that I like arc 7, who knows.

so? are up to date now? what do you think?
I stopped at arc 7 ch 59B( basically ch 66), which got covered till vol 30 LN, and tappei really needs to get back on track somehow. I never loved a series so much as Re0 and god damm I find arc 7 so bad that I completely stopped reading this...last time I was actually interested in a new ch was like at ch 30 ish something and that was almost 2 years ago. The new "arc 8" its deadass just arc 7 part 2, man just ended arc 7 in the middle of it cuz it got too long lol. (by same logic anything in arc 4 beyond satellas speech in vol 13 could be labeled as arc 5 lmfao). I know that vol 31-33 are better received and vol 28-30 are the worst in the series but I still cant get any motivation to continue for years at this point. Frustrating because I still consider vol arc 1-6 +if stories and shit the greatest piece of media I consumed, and I invested so much time in this world and its mysteries that I can never forget it.

Tdlr fuck arc 7 biggest drop in quality(and its already 2yr+ old) I have ever seen in a series that was consistent for almost a decade prior
Nov 4, 2023 11:18 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Reply to DorianPompa
Playcool said:
Igreja said:

so? are up to date now? what do you think?
I stopped at arc 7 ch 59B( basically ch 66), which got covered till vol 30 LN, and tappei really needs to get back on track somehow. I never loved a series so much as Re0 and god damm I find arc 7 so bad that I completely stopped reading this...last time I was actually interested in a new ch was like at ch 30 ish something and that was almost 2 years ago. The new "arc 8" its deadass just arc 7 part 2, man just ended arc 7 in the middle of it cuz it got too long lol. (by same logic anything in arc 4 beyond satellas speech in vol 13 could be labeled as arc 5 lmfao). I know that vol 31-33 are better received and vol 28-30 are the worst in the series but I still cant get any motivation to continue for years at this point. Frustrating because I still consider vol arc 1-6 +if stories and shit the greatest piece of media I consumed, and I invested so much time in this world and its mysteries that I can never forget it.

Tdlr fuck arc 7 biggest drop in quality(and its already 2yr+ old) I have ever seen in a series that was consistent for almost a decade prior
@DorianPompa I m still reading the LNs, I m stuck on vol.20, honestly this arc becomes some of the most boring ReZero read I have ever experienced.
It focus too much time on characters I dont care as much, making it a slog to read through.
I m sure I will enjoy it way more animated than this, most Subaru bits were rather good, but aside Garfiel, the other parts just lose my interest, I will eventually finish this arc for sure, but not right now, and I m craving for more focus on psychological stuff next arc.

I wouldn't mind Arc 7, if at least becomes less boring than Arc 5 becomes.
Nov 5, 2023 5:27 AM

Mar 2020
Reply to Playcool
@DorianPompa I m still reading the LNs, I m stuck on vol.20, honestly this arc becomes some of the most boring ReZero read I have ever experienced.
It focus too much time on characters I dont care as much, making it a slog to read through.
I m sure I will enjoy it way more animated than this, most Subaru bits were rather good, but aside Garfiel, the other parts just lose my interest, I will eventually finish this arc for sure, but not right now, and I m craving for more focus on psychological stuff next arc.

I wouldn't mind Arc 7, if at least becomes less boring than Arc 5 becomes.
@Playcool yeah arc 5 imo had really good highs but really fucking bad lows. consider yourself lucky that you read the LN version of it lol, I sat trough the web novel (at the time vol 15 was the latest eng tled), which is x2 times longer than the LN counterpart of arc 5. and those extra words are filled with filler bullshit. but animated arc 5 should be much better than the source.

arc 6 is truly the best in the series you will get exactly what you want. arc 7 is the most boring shit ever lol, it stars of really strong with vol 26 and 27 but 28-30 aside from few chs are dead ass FUCKING NOTHING and focusing on characters that just got introduced.
Feb 20, 8:27 PM

Dec 2020
i finished arc 7 a while back and i cant say im surprised that arc is pretty controversal, but personally i think its honestly one of the best arcs in rezero. its doesnt beat arc 6 at all, but its for sure better than arcs 1 - 3. i think arc 7 introduces one of the best and most enjoyable antagonists rezero has seen yet, extremely detailed and great world building, a ton of new characters who are distinct and have their own personal lives and values. the vollachia empire feels geinunely super interesting and grounded as they have their own political system, way of living, lore, beliefs, it really does feel like a foreign country.

if i had to say some complaints i feel like this arc has a lot of ups and downs. for example i thought volume 30 was by far the weekest volume in the arc as i go as far as to say its geinunely like 6 or 6.5/10. then i get hit with volume 31 which is by far my favorite volume that i felt geinunely invested reading and was such a breath of fresh air, id honestly rate as a 9.5/10. i think the biggest issue of arc 7 is for sure its pacing, i love almost everything about this arc but man can it be slow at times. despite that i think people saying this is the worst arc are exaggerating, its not even close. theres so much that can be found in arc 7, if it was packaged a little more neater than itd for sure be considered a really great arc.

besides that think my only other complaint is the ending

with that all said i enjoyed arc 7 and consider it a pretty top tier arc. i can understand why people may dislike it a bit more, but as someone who loves when stories takes risks making big changes for the storyline it was super enjoyable exploring the vollachia empire. im currently on arc 8 chapter 15 and its been really damn good so hopefully it continues to get more good and the pacing gets better as well.

More topics from this board

» Favorite arc in Re:Zero?

IchbinIch-Anime - Oct 13, 2021

17 by Mdraj6996 »»
May 17, 1:33 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Volume 28 Discussion

mozgow - Apr 19

0 by mozgow »»
Apr 19, 11:37 PM

» Best Re: Zero chapters across all arcs?

iGotIceInMyRice - Mar 12

7 by mohamedo_abuduru »»
Mar 26, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Chapter 20 Discussion

KelpRings - Jan 2

5 by iGotIceInMyRice »»
Jan 3, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Volume 15 Discussion

mozgow - Sep 3, 2019

2 by -DxP- »»
Sep 20, 2023 8:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.