Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 24, 2010 12:23 AM

Jan 2010
This episode is for fangirls :D
Worship Otonashi and Hinata now!
Apr 24, 2010 12:27 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
Well, the original OP was better, by far.
But this one definitely wasn't bad at least : | (I'm guessing it might've been temporary for this particular episode though.. And it would otherwise be a kind of strange time to change the OP, no? O.o)
What? The only reason was Hinata....yes? Since the episode was about him.
No it'd be because Girls Dead Monster needed a new vocalist.
Anyway, it's just a theory, no need to give it any huge attention.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 24, 2010 12:49 AM

Apr 2009
DON'T STOP DANCING.

This episode was entertaining, and I have no idea what the next one will be about since the preview (as always) gave me a headache.
Apr 24, 2010 12:54 AM
Jul 2009
i dont care if nothing happened, it was funny.

although they should probably stop hurting yui now =/

someone make a gif of Yui-nyan part
cleeezzzApr 24, 2010 12:59 AM
Apr 24, 2010 1:00 AM

Mar 2010
i like how funny this ep is

it was very funny for me especially the death metal part

how about every one else
Apr 24, 2010 1:01 AM

Feb 2010
EPIC OP!!! love it ^^
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Apr 24, 2010 1:02 AM

Nov 2008
Fuck your Yui.

Fuck your Iwasawa.

Fuck all of your favorite characters.

TK is and will always be the best character in this entire show. Search your feelings; you know it to be true.
Apr 24, 2010 1:14 AM

Sep 2009
This episode kinda felt like filler but it was entertaining. There was also some character development that contributes to the story.

EDIT: (fixed first word)
saxophone15Apr 24, 2010 11:58 AM
Apr 24, 2010 1:16 AM

Jul 2009
I thought the OP remix was better. Listening with a really nice pair of headphones, it had an awesome bassline.
Apr 24, 2010 1:34 AM

Jan 2009
very cool episode to me ye this series is shaping up to be a complete genre package and not just pure drama and have a good opening song too
Apr 24, 2010 1:41 AM

Apr 2009
hmmm.. i got entertained.. and i liked the false tension on Hinata disappearing.. yui kinda ruined it but it's not something i expected.. and i think i still like Lia's version of the OP..
Apr 24, 2010 1:46 AM

Feb 2010
argilium said:
hmmm.. i got entertained.. and i liked the false tension on Hinata disappearing.. yui kinda ruined it but it's not something i expected.. and i think i still like Lia's version of the OP..

hahaha....they're quite a pair...

btw....I don't think this is a filler since it has character developments...

And I saw later post that this characters are unimportant...of course not...A story cannot live without supporting characters...
CashdaxApr 24, 2010 2:07 AM
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Apr 24, 2010 2:08 AM

Sep 2008
Some good lols in this episode although it really felt like a filler. Pretty bad considering this is a short anime that shouldn't have time for fillers.

New OP already? What is this I don't even...
Apr 24, 2010 2:19 AM

Feb 2010
Rofl at the guy with the Axe hitting the ball back. That was kind of unexpected.
Rest of the ep was ok, nothing great. Yui. cute at first, but she got on my nerves towards the end.
We will never forget those that have fallen for our freedom!
Apr 24, 2010 2:22 AM

Jan 2010
Less Yui and more Tenshi please. I wish there would be some development with Tenshi's story soon.

I think this OP was just for this episode... I hope so.
Apr 24, 2010 2:24 AM

Aug 2009
Oh wow, that was disappointing.
It didn't feel like Angel Beats! at all. The comedy wasn't that good, and there wasn't any epic Tenshi action.

I really hope the next episode will be a lot better.

And give me Lia back! ;__;
Apr 24, 2010 2:27 AM
Jul 2008
I like Yui but this episode was bad.
Apr 24, 2010 2:27 AM
Jun 2009
werr-y said:
Less Yui and more Tenshi please. I wish there would be some development with Tenshi's story soon.

This. Also, bring back the old OP. And get rid of Yui.
Apr 24, 2010 2:45 AM

Jul 2009
i like the opening. :) super cute..

i dont know why people hate it. ^_^

it's ok for me it your own openion.
Yui is a good fan and good singer too>3 i hope you understand her. ^^

cleeezzz said:

controlmajortom said:
I thought the OP remix was better. Listening with a really nice pair of headphones, it had an awesome bassline.

Apr 24, 2010 3:00 AM

Oct 2009
domo022 said:
i like the opening. :) super cute..

i dont know why people hate it. ^_^

it's ok for me it your own openion.
Yui is a good fan and good singer too>3 i hope you understand her. ^^

cleeezzz said:

I am on it right now.....just need to do them. I will make it the GIF unless someone beats me to it...:D
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
But this one definitely wasn't bad at least : | (I'm guessing it might've been temporary for this particular episode though.. And it would otherwise be a kind of strange time to change the OP, no? O.o)
That vocalist was already determined with Yui and her replacing Iwasawa in the ending along with other people.
francismeunierApr 24, 2010 3:12 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Apr 24, 2010 3:42 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
That vocalist was already determined with Yui and her replacing Iwasawa in the ending along with other people.
Wait what?
So, am I just imagining that Yui sang the OP to prove that she could sing, so that they would accept her as the new vocalist? <.<;;
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 24, 2010 3:47 AM

Apr 2010
I liked it. Hinata is one of my fave. characters....he's so funny ;D
Apr 24, 2010 3:52 AM

Aug 2008
Probably the second best episode so far. 2 > 4 > 1 > 3

OP remix was better than the old one.
Apr 24, 2010 4:07 AM

Apr 2009
Lol Hinata's expression looked like he just came when that ball was flying towards him. Once again a crappy episode like all the others.
Apr 24, 2010 4:16 AM

Apr 2010
Yui's okay, I guess. Shiina balancing the broom on her finger is funny.

Yui-nyan. Lol.

Ch-ch-chaaaiiins...

*Hand Sonic Version Nine!* | You really need a new sig, Nine. |
Apr 24, 2010 4:21 AM

Sep 2008
That its, this series looked better if you watch it as lulz purpose lol
Apr 24, 2010 4:31 AM

Aug 2009
llamaben said:
Probably the second best episode so far. 2 > 4 > 1 > 3

I totally agree with this episode ranking.
This episode was good, the comedy wasn't that good, but there were some really funny moments (I lol'd at the yui-nyan-part xD , the broom-thing was nice, too^^ )
The new OP felt like a waste of budget to me, I think keyani just wants to show off -.-
I liked how they animated Hinata shivering. It might be nothing special, but I hadn't seen something like that earlier^^
I quite like the Yui/Hinata-pairing, the ED pretty much indicates this, hope their relationship will develop^^

All in all, for the next eps I wish for:
- Keeping the amount of comedy like in this ep
- Drama, which really touches and not some lame, unrealistic stories

Looking forward to the next ep!
Apr 24, 2010 4:44 AM

Apr 2009
That was the worst ep so far (but being the worst one doesn't mean being a weak one - it was still pretty good) - Yui is annoying, comedy moments were not funny and generally speaking this whole ep felt as if its main purpose was being a filler.
I'm not watching this for lulz - I'd like to see more drama and less comedy in further eps - though I gotta say that 'crazy baby' made me laugh.

Apr 24, 2010 4:50 AM

Apr 2009
I, for one, want MORE Yui.
Apr 24, 2010 4:54 AM

Aug 2009
Oh yeah, I forgot Hinata was the main character in the light novels and had his backstory already. Makes sense they didn't explain his story more thoroughly. Okay, I can forgive that now.

hazelnutman said:

TK is and will always be the best character in this entire show. Search your feelings; you know it to be true.

Well I'm sure we all already know that. When we say "favorite character" we mean "that is also inferior to TK"
ReaperEXE said:
Wow... What the fuck? Yui cockblocked Hinata from Ascension/Enlightenment. I can kind of see where this whole thing is going, but this episode was a page directly out of Haruhi,

AH! THERE IT IS! Okay, folks see you next week!
Apr 24, 2010 4:58 AM

Apr 2009
One more thing: I HAVE to get this freaking soundtrack. the background music is amazing.
Apr 24, 2010 5:00 AM

May 2008
Hinata x Yui !!!!!!!

i thought hinata was gonna disappear whew

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 24, 2010 5:04 AM

Apr 2010
ReaperEXE said:
Wow... What the fuck? Yui cockblocked Hinata from Ascension/Enlightenment. I can kind of see where this whole thing is going, but this episode was a page directly out of Haruhi,

True, very true.

*Hand Sonic Version Nine!* | You really need a new sig, Nine. |
Apr 24, 2010 5:29 AM

Dec 2009
The only good part of this episode was Hinata and the few moments of TK. :|

Anymore Yui/Hinata and I will... FFFFFFFF.

Apr 24, 2010 5:57 AM

Feb 2009
Yup, another comparison between TMoHS and AB because of baseball episode. And I thought it disappeared with the last episode.

Episode was ok. Yui was fun and interesting character but a little annoying at times. Some backstory about Hinata. Wonder what that senpai gave to him. Shiina was pretty good balancing the broom. TK is still the best here. Not much of him here but at least we get some info on him.

Curious about what Yuri said at the last part. Was that just because they lost or or something else?
Apr 24, 2010 5:59 AM

Jan 2009
belatkuro said:
TK is still the best here. Not much of him here but at least we get some info on him.
Dunno if I'd call it 'info' though, more like we got info on the absence of info about him 8D
Apr 24, 2010 6:02 AM
Aug 2009
This episode was not really funny at all. I like Yui an I believe she is a good addition to the cast (please don't yell at m,e for saying that!) but the plot got nowhere in this episode. For an 13 episode show, they are sweetly taking their time, aren't they?! Whatever though,need more Yuri in this episode

4/5 ... at best

still was a good episode though, I like the OP this week.
Hinata was also sorta funny.
Apr 24, 2010 6:11 AM

Aug 2009
belatkuro said:
Wonder what that senpai gave to him.

Pretty sure it was drugs.

belatkuro said:
TK is still the best here. Not much of him here but at least we get some info on him.

I will give this anime a 10 if in the last episode, there is some major event going down and they have Michael Rivas do some badass speech in perfect Japanese. :P
Apr 24, 2010 6:56 AM

Aug 2008
Oh look, there's a filler in 13ep animuh.
Way to go key, with each episode I'm closer to not giving a shit about this anymore
Apr 24, 2010 6:57 AM

Jun 2009
I'm relieved that Hinata didn't vanish. Hinata is one of my fav characters. Also I like the part when Otonashi was going to save Hinata but the end it was Yui. Also yeah less Yui please. But the opening by Yui was nice.

The episode is nice but the humor and comedy stuff is not that funny.

I think the thing that Hinata took from his senpai in the flashback is probably drug. And he probably die from that^^

Apr 24, 2010 7:11 AM
Jan 2010
Horrible episode. Those jokes were some of the most unfunny I've seen in anime to date.
Apr 24, 2010 7:16 AM

Feb 2009
The new OP was pretty cool.

I think it would be awesome if Hinata really was gay for Otonashi, that would really be funny. xD

Apr 24, 2010 7:19 AM

Nov 2008
Niklai said:
Oh look, there's a filler in 13ep animuh.

Slayers Revolution had filler and that was also 13 eps :V

I liked the new OP but I don't like Deviloli. I never like ahoge hyper characters.
Love the gay jokes between Bronata and Shirou
Wish that Moengel did more in the ep, same with Hayuri.
Apr 24, 2010 7:36 AM

Jan 2009
^Hahah
Deviloli, Bronata, Moengel and Hayuri, I kinda lol'd xD (...Shirou? xD.)
Apr 24, 2010 7:38 AM

Aug 2009
Oosran said:
^Hahah
Deviloli, Bronata, Moengel and Hayuri, I kinda lol'd xD (...Shirou? xD.)

Probably that Otonashi resembles Fate/Stay Night's Emiya Shirou. (This is the only comparison I can actually agree with. They do look very similar)

Heh. Moengel...
Apr 24, 2010 7:44 AM

Nov 2007
All I have to say is... Yui... you bloody pest. Stop hijacking the OP and stay put in the ED instead of glomping someone. The only thing good about her is her design. She should've stayed in the crowd and just looked nice =/. New OP vocals didn't cut it for me, though the song was fine overall. Perhaps it will revert back to normal after this. The ep basically confirmed my belief that Hinata makes a more enjoyable lead. He likely died from an overdose if his flashback is anything to go by. Enjoyable episode minus that freaking pest. More TK and Shiina would be nice too.
Apr 24, 2010 7:55 AM

Oct 2009
Well, obviously any other version of the op would be "bad" when compared to the Lia <3.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2010 7:55 AM
Jan 2010
garfield15 said:

ReaperEXE[b said:
but this episode was a page directly out of Haruhi,

Argh... Must resist... Ah, screw it. Insert copy+paste I left open because I was waiting to post this:

You want to hear what I have to say about that? Jun Maeda has incorporated baseball since Clannad (Visual Novel release in 2004). He did it again in Little Busters. Why not put it in Angel Beats? Totally not copying Haruhi.

Also, everything with baseball=Haruhi? Just like everything that has a concert scene=K-ON!=Haruhi=Wut?Macross? You know what? Forget it. I'll watch Angel Beats just because I watch anime. I'll watch pretty much anything.
Kantarou said:
New OP vocals didn't cut it for me, though the song was fine overall. Perhaps it will revert back to normal after this..

Pretty much what I thought about the OP. I hope it'll go back to Lia though.
Apr 24, 2010 7:56 AM

Oct 2009
MegamanZen said:
garfield15 said:

ReaperEXE[b said:
but this episode was a page directly out of Haruhi,

Argh... Must resist... Ah, screw it. Insert copy+paste I left open because I was waiting to post this:

You want to hear what I have to say about that? Jun Maeda has incorporated baseball since Clannad (Visual Novel release in 2004). He did it again in Little Busters. Why not put it in Angel Beats? Totally not copying Haruhi.

Also, everything with baseball=Haruhi? Just like everything that has a concert scene=K-ON!=Haruhi=Wut?Macross? You know what? Forget it. I'll watch Angel Beats just because I watch anime. I'll watch pretty much anything.
Kantarou said:
New OP vocals didn't cut it for me, though the song was fine overall. Perhaps it will revert back to normal after this..

Pretty much what I thought about the OP. I hope it'll go back to Lia though.

The op WILL go back to the Lia version (I'm suuuuure). That was just some sort of insert song.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2010 7:57 AM

Apr 2008
Hahas~ a team full of bakas xD

Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Apr 2, 2010

677 by copypasterCPS »»
May 13, 11:31 AM

» Explanation

Vapor_AU - Apr 27

17 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
Apr 29, 11:38 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1752 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 23, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

565 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.