Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jan 26, 2023 12:54 PM

Jul 2008
So the finale is an epilogue/filler/recap/fanserviceish episode....meh a whimper to go out on.

Not as good as season 1 for sure, but still good. 7/10 for me.
Feb 10, 2023 1:30 PM
Aug 2022
Overall, this season was a huge step down from the first season. The conflicts and problems introduced were lazly placed and easily resolved. It is an absolute tension killer, and the climax is a huge letdown.
Feb 27, 2023 5:02 AM

Jul 2015
Ending things on a fanservice episode I see, I wish they spent the runtime in fleshing out the story better. S1 had its flaws but was still enjoyable whereas this season was honestly quite the downgrade with for example the tortoise battle being quite the chore to sit through.

Feb 27, 2023 5:03 PM

Aug 2015
First few episodes of this season I already knew this was going to be a huge mistake. The animation, the story, the characters, all of the disappointment one can muster are present here. Seeing small Raphtalia in that Kimono dress is already enough for me. The only decent episode of this series for me.
Mar 2, 2023 11:57 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
They really squeezed in this episode.
Apr 1, 2023 9:33 PM
Oct 2018
today i completed season 2 and its another great season. i am looking forward to season 3 <3
Apr 8, 2023 11:43 AM
May 2015
Good time but not as good as the first season
Apr 25, 2023 6:02 AM

Sep 2019
Zuit said:
Ohm... errr... hmm... so the final episode is just like a fanservice OVA? Kizuna's story was good tho but the whole everyone wants to fuck Naofumi is just what the hell man... Filo? Really? FILO?
Dude Filo aint human so...
May 1, 2023 7:08 AM
Dec 2019
trash , even on 2 times speed it was boring
May 6, 2023 9:28 AM

Feb 2020
Second arc was much better than first arc. First arc was generic game grinding. If they bothered giving half as much characterisation to those generals as they gave to the ost harem girl, it would be semi decent arc.
Second arc was not that ok, nothing that much special. Harem creep was extremely bothersome this season. I almost feel sorry how they treat those other three heroes because this being harem.

Overall okish season, but downgrade from first season
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

May 12, 2023 11:23 PM
Oct 2021
Weird that they're crying over a character that they knew for like 6 days in universe.

Mediocre episode and mediocre ending but you get the 5 stars anyways for the excellently written fanservice. Raphtalia does "what" with "what" in season 3 confirmed.
May 28, 2023 3:50 PM
May 2023
a great seasaon 2; the ending of season 1 really transferred perfectly to the next season and the switch of pace with other heroes from other nations really made it interesting
Jun 8, 2023 10:02 PM

Oct 2019
A boring filler -rather than wrap-up- episode, with many reused scenes. It was redundant and it could have been skipped, but apparently the studio had an order for 13 episodes... 👎🏼
Jun 11, 2023 9:07 PM
Mar 2022
MUITO FODA 2!!!!!!!
Jun 23, 2023 2:44 AM

Apr 2013
I don't really get why they made this 13th episode which added nothing to the story instead of just leaving it at 12 episodes. Nevertheless this was actually the best episode of the season and there were even scenes with better animation than the big fights before lol

Overall a disappointing season, the Shield Hero really has become the generic isekai hero we know from countless other isekai shows. Side characters are the only reason why it wasn't a complete letdown. 5/10
Jul 29, 2023 9:51 PM
Oct 2021
Honestly was fun to watch felt like a funnt videos montage on youtube
Aug 16, 2023 7:33 PM
Feb 2022
it good it good it good
Aug 21, 2023 2:54 PM
Jul 2022
blushing rapthalia for free?
Aug 25, 2023 3:46 AM

Dec 2022
A satisfying episode. It had some fanservice in the dressing up scene, backstory, small talk and comedy. Could've been a special episode, but it doesn't really make a difference.

This season was adequate. While the first half about the Spirit Turtle was lackluster in pretty much every aspect, the second half made up for it by being reasonably enjoyable and infused with proper character development. The visuals also looked noticeably more crisp after the halfway mark, with the usual great soundtrack accompanying it. Not as good as the first season, but by no means bad either. It's still not doing it any service to have the first 6 episodes be so boring, but maybe the source material it was adapting was just as much of a slog.

Shaded Horizon

Oct 6, 2023 3:24 PM

Apr 2016
Maybe it's because I went back to finish the last two episodes after over a year (only to see if the 3rd season is actually worth watching), but didn't they know Ost for like a week? Why are they so attatched to her, like she was their most precious friend since day one. I don't know, I don't really feel that emotional attachment to her.
Also, lol, making a filler episode after the finale, bold move. Doesn't matter how good it is (and some parts were good thanks to the best girl Kizuna), it doesn't really has a place as a last episode. Maybe as an OVA or a special, but not the last freaking episode of the season.
ChroNoiR Episode.0 is the best anime to ever exist

Kanae forever in my heart

Oct 7, 2023 5:41 PM
Jun 2022
sasdwdawadwadwdaawdawdawd
Oct 13, 2023 5:27 AM
Dec 2022
This is merely a flashback of the time the Shield Hero party is in Kizuna's world.
Plus flashback of Kizuna being trapped in the Infinite Labyrinth.
Good feeling to see the spirit of Ost.
This is not ideal for the last episode of S2.
Bring on S3.
Oct 18, 2023 11:07 AM

Jul 2022
The Missing Pieces
Oct 24, 2023 1:26 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I actually enjoyed this episode, I m surprised with this, it is absolute filler and could be used to give volume 9 more scenes adapted... but it was better than the last 2-3 episodes, pacing didn't feel like shit. If this had been the 25th episode to finish S2, I would have clapped and cheered for this decision because it brings a bit more closer despite being original content, and lets us see Kizuna a bit more.
The highlight of this season for me is Kizuna, and they barely do a decent job with that, I really like her character from the LNs, cutting so many scenes hurts to see, it was too fast. I like how she complements Naofumi's personality, as another major hero (vassal's and seven stars feels more like side heroes to me), you could say she is a main character for volume 8-9 and I loved that about these volumes.

People saying these were the worst arcs, especially the turtle's, I don't agree with that, vol10, 11 and 12 outside Atla's scenes yet more tedious to read at parts, so S3 is now airing lesser good arcs, and making them feel much better, imagine if that kind of effort had been put on S2, with 25 episodes?!
Shame and what a waste, but due to Kizuna and the OST, there were quite a few scenes that I liked as standalone, so that bumps the score a lot.

7.2/10 = 7
IMO this is NOT a good sequel, fuck restrict scoring, it doesn't translate fully what I feel, my enjoyment over the bits I said above (this season doesn't deserve the amazing OST it has which is wasted here too), doesn't let me give anything less, but this is very much trash, and for people that don't share my likes for this arc, I would legit see why you would give much lower scores, it fucking deserves it, but the fan in my of the original work, that wanted to see these bits, immensely enjoyment specific parts of S2, while facepalming the waste of potential the rest is!
Oct 26, 2023 11:36 AM
Oct 2023
It was wholesome after everything was over some fun memories and paying respect at the end to Ost. Perfect way to end a season.
Nov 7, 2023 1:50 PM
May 2022
Wasn't as good as season 1 the turtle arc was kinda stupid tbh
Nov 14, 2023 5:01 AM

May 2010
I'm sorry but I just don't care for Ost, like, at all.

Such a weird choice to make the 12th episode basically big finale, and then week later release something filler-ish. On its own this ep wasn't that bad I guess, but the way it's kinda the epilogue is just so out of place. Also, I feel like these shorts scenes could have been placed way before, when girls were travelling. And then they could have just put the praying for Ost scene in the after the proper finale's credits, if that's what they wanted to do. Such a weird direction lol.

Super weak season, barely finished it. The first one wasn't that great or anything, but at least I felt somehow engaged, now I just didn't care for what was happening. And the villain was SOOOOO cliche and fucking boring. 5/10

Wonder if the third season is any better...
Jan 1, 4:01 AM
Jun 2012
"Lolihag" breathed new life into this season.

While the initial half of the cour was awful.

The second she was introduced it was like a new production.

She felt fun and full of energy. I really liked her character.

She drove the scenes she was in. With great chemistry with Naofumi.

I am going to miss her in further seasons.
Jan 13, 8:07 AM

Dec 2020
Well season ends with basically an OVA or content that could've totally been aired with the eps. Overall not bad but also not good. Loved the first season so much, but this one felt like a rushed movie where it's like a side plot that just happens alongside the main story. Since it was so rushed things lost impact and scenes felt weaker because of it. Seems like they introduced a couple new key characters but it was hard for me to care about them.

Nice to see baby raphtalia again, kinda neat they kept the items from the other world, the final battle against the incel where naofumi was raging up was cool, second arc was more interesting than the first, andddd that's just all the positive notes for an ok season.
Jan 13, 7:51 PM
Jun 2020
Amei, espero que as proximas temporadas sejam melhores
Feb 21, 11:36 PM
Oct 2020
I don't really know how to feel about this season. Season 1 was really good for me. It had some charachter development, frustrating yet somehow close to real life power politics and somewhat thrilling episodes and in the end I really enjoyed how it turned out for the main protagonist. But this one was meh at its best. It had some emotional moments but it really felt like it was forced or trying to squeeze out last seasons good affects on people. I would recommend this season only if you are out of anime and looking to watch for something.
Apr 8, 5:07 PM
Oct 2020
not as good as season one, this season was quite slow tbh
Apr 27, 7:44 AM
Dec 2023
dont
dont even get me started
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2022

118 by Palupark »»
May 12, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2022

294 by somedudetalon »»
Apr 16, 7:34 PM

» Why the hate? ( 1 2 )

RealityChanges - Mar 14

63 by ziovice »»
Apr 6, 12:15 PM

» Tbh Just SKIP the Turtle Arc

Br3dWinn3rs - Jun 25, 2022

33 by sakuraspace »»
Mar 1, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2022

173 by ookamiAki »»
Feb 7, 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.