Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 28, 2022 3:08 AM

Mar 2016
I've heard the anime focuses on some topics of economics as an econ major I'll like to see it, so I want to be sure if there's form of economics mentioned within the anime.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police ๐Ÿ˜ซ
Jun 28, 2022 3:23 AM
Oct 2021
there is, but in the anime it didn’t strike me that much, the LN tho is a lot more in depth about it

it’s a fantastic anime anyway and i have read all the LN afterwards
Jun 28, 2022 3:32 AM

Mar 2016
oataoa said:
there is, but in the anime it didn’t strike me that much, the LN tho is a lot more in depth about it

it’s a fantastic anime anyway and i have read all the LN afterwards

Does it mention in a technical type of manner or in layman's terms?

Jun 28, 2022 3:36 AM

Sep 2020
There is a lot of economics in this show. It drives the plot. There are different coins used and each have different prices. Our MC is a merchant so we know about these coins and sometimes they drop on value and sometimes they rise.

This anime is really good though and can’t wait for the remake coming out. Highly recommended.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2022 4:58 AM
Oct 2020
Enough so that you'll put all your life savings into Holo
Jun 28, 2022 5:09 AM
cinnamon girl โ™ก

Apr 2021
i have never been so excited for an anime only to be this disappointed. i wanted a good amount of old era romance with a supernatural twist but what we got? GARBAGE ๐Ÿ—‘๏ธ the mc just kept talking about ECONOMICS like wtf !!!! And Holo mannn what a lost potential...

it's a cruel world out there
Jun 28, 2022 6:41 AM

Aug 2020
-soniya- said:
i have never been so excited for an anime only to be this disappointed. i wanted a good amount of old era romance with a supernatural twist but what we got? GARBAGE ๐Ÿ—‘๏ธ the mc just kept talking about ECONOMICS like wtf !!!! And Holo mannn what a lost potential...

is this serious? lol
there really isnt much economics in this, if you found the ammount of economics in it off-putting you must really hate economics
Call me Ren
Jun 28, 2022 6:52 AM
Mar 2020
There really isn’t much economics in this show. There are a couple of episodes in season 2 that focus a bit on the economics though.

๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jun 28, 2022 7:25 AM

Apr 2021
There's a fair bit in technical terms, but they're explained away later so that people not as versed can take away some things. I've heard the LN puts much more emphasis on it.
We'Ve StEpPeD iNtO a WaR wItH tHe CaBaL oN mArS
Jun 28, 2022 7:53 AM
Jul 2021
-soniya- said:

hope this is just an attention seeking comment or sarcasm lol
Jun 28, 2022 8:18 AM
Aug 2015
Graduated with a degree in economics, and I watched this show while I was studying for said degree.

From what I can remember it isn't that technical. It's basic microeconomics, and doesn't get too in depth on the principals...

Take my feedback with a grain of salt, because I watched it over 6 years ago now, so correct me if I'm wrong.
burningv0idJun 28, 2022 8:25 AM
Jun 28, 2022 9:13 AM
Aug 2020
pretty lot but i love the how cute both of them. s3 next year probably
Jun 28, 2022 10:22 AM

Mar 2016
burningv0id said:
Graduated with a degree in economics, and I watched this show while I was studying for said degree.

From what I can remember it isn't that technical. It's basic microeconomics, and doesn't get too in depth on the principals...

Take my feedback with a grain of salt, because I watched it over 6 years ago now, so correct me if I'm wrong.

I heard it was about mirco economics too, if it isn't that technical than that expectation of me wanting a cute anime girl to explain oligopoly is crushed.

Jun 28, 2022 1:45 PM

Jul 2021
-soniya- said:

this is my favourite comment. thank you. calling Spice & Wolf garbage with such revelry, such Facebook Karen-esque fervour is absolutely adorable. seeing that you went to the actual effort to find the waste basket emoji makes me want to cry tears of joy. thank you. you've warmed my heart and inspired me to rewatch it for a fourth time. <3
-- art-house/psychological/stylish/philosophical anime enjoyer with yuri bias and the attention span of a smol-antlered creature --
Jul 8, 2022 8:28 AM
Mar 2022
soniyay said:

What failing in economics does to a mf

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Asako - Feb 19, 2008

154 by 0451 »»
Yesterday, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Pokedude97 - Jun 2, 2008

134 by 0451 »»
May 13, 10:55 AM

» DVD-Only Episode and Episode Count

Vince - Mar 25, 2008

28 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 11, 6:22 AM

» Vintage over modernity

JustSomeone15 - Apr 10

33 by animejas »»
May 7, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Feb 14, 2008

189 by 0451 »»
May 6, 10:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.