Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 23, 2022 8:31 PM

Oct 2015
What a heartwarming splendor of an ending. Itsuka and Nagomu deserve to be father/daughter material. I think Itsuka has given up on her deadbeat dad and mother, which show so much maturity.

This series was the best of the season. Truly underrated, but I guess Spy x Family has shifted away people's attention on this hidden gem. One thing I hope it'll happen, is the return of Itsuka's dad.

8/10
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 23, 2022 10:52 PM

Jul 2014
What a sweet ending, I loved it. And overall, great show.

I would have liked to have some closure with Kanoko though, especially since all originated from a misunderstanding. Also, props to Itsuka's seiyu. It was her first role and she did a great job voicing her.
Jun 24, 2022 5:49 PM

Aug 2019
I’ll miss this wholesome anime

And Nagomu best dad

I suppose her father is on his way somewhere. I'm not sure if this anime will have a second season, but if it does, I'm sure we'll see him again.
Jun 24, 2022 5:51 PM
Jul 2008
I really like how Itsuka talk, it's pretty unique.

I hope there's next season.
Jun 25, 2022 6:09 AM
Jan 2017
its Itsuka Birthday..
so Nagumo invit her to play with him in amusement park while the other prepare the party..
nagumo look enjoy it more that itsuka do.
everything okay doing the party, itsuka called nagumo as father for one day. but hard to imagine when the little girl keep trying to find her father and didnt make it easy for Nagumo to had her heart, but i think she must act more soft to nagumo for while since he cant become the father that she want..
at the end Itsuka true father look like want to meet her but cancelled her plan and go back..
good anime but still feel sad for nagumo to winning a little girl heart..
5/10
Jun 25, 2022 2:19 PM

Jun 2016
cant lie , this show is pretty good !!
Jun 25, 2022 2:47 PM

Jul 2016
Happy Birthday, Itsuka!
Such a sweet finale. Also given it was the final episode, I guess it was a wise decision not to include Itsuka's father in it. Would have been too awkward to have him returning and cram all the drama in just 20 minutes.

Overall, Deaimon ended up being a pretty lovely series. Filled with tons of heartwarming moments and the development in the relationship between Nagomu and Itsuka was executed quite nicely, I would say.
Now as for aspects I didn't like, I gotta say I really disliked Nagomu's parents as well as any other character who treated him like trash for just being "too carefree". Like come on, it's not like he was useless or something. He was just a chill dude and I absolutely loved that side of his personality.
And as for Kanoko, I wasn't really a fan of her either. The whole misunderstanding with Nagomu was stupid and I honestly hope they remain as friends. Thing that seems impossible given the hints the series has shown but a man can dream.

7,5/10 -> 7/10 - Wouldn't mind a second season. Also congrats to Itsuka's VA on her first voicing role.
SouthRzVaJun 25, 2022 2:56 PM
Jun 25, 2022 5:22 PM

Jul 2010
Will def miss this. My favorite anime of the season.
“Are there some unseen roles that we have unknowingly set ourselves into, dictating the rules of engagement whenever we see each other, inevitably leading to us hurting each other?”
Jun 26, 2022 2:27 AM
Aug 2017
BetaMaleUltra said:
Yeah, that was quite alright. It was enjoyable to see a little girl telling a grown man-child how to behave more like an adult. Jokes aside, I did appreciate how laid-back all this was, and how it simply went for giving us feel-good vibes. The calm atmosphere was nice, paired along with some consistently-drawn water-colour-style animation. Overall, solid, and if you're looking for little more than to just take it easy, this may have very well been worth your time.

However, personally I will only be really remembering episodes 1, 3, and perhaps this one as well. While those were the most fun ones for me to watch, it was mainly due to them appearing to hint of interesting plot development later on. But as far as this anime goes, the plot doesn't REALLY go anywhere if we're being real here. That's okay though, because it's purpose wasn't exactly to be entirely plot driven, that wasn't what it was going for. Again, the end goal was probably simply just feel-good vibes, which it succeeded in giving to us. Although really most of the events from the other episodes kind of just faded into the back of my memory, apart from Itsuka meeting her mother I guess. I definitely would've like to see all the down time (which again, is not a problem by any means, this was meant to be a laid-back show after all) be used to focus on Nagomu and his relationship with Itsuka, and also with his ex Kanoko (who I must say, is one FINE-ass-looking anime lady indeed). Like Itsuka briefly feeling lost and then somewhat realizing that she kind of sees Nagomu as a father-figure, is what I was hoping to see more of during this season's runtime. But you know, making hand-made sweets was also something nice to see.

Maybe more of what I'm looking for would be found in a S2, which I will be holding out hope for. I wonder if this became popular enough to warrant the green light. For now, I'll leave this with a 6/10. It's solid, there's really nothing to complain about realistically without going into petty nitpicks, but I personally wasn't completely satisfied. I hope the rest of you truly enjoyed it though, which seems to be the case. Anyway, see you around!

Honestly though the anime adaptation was far too weak. Whoever wrote this was so bad that we got an half-assed finale. Laid back and some wholesome moments? Sure but there's nothing more than that. I think there are far better anime for that theme Infact.
Jun 26, 2022 3:05 AM

Feb 2019
Ah, a sweet ending. I really like the developing father-daughter relationship between Nagomu and Itsuka. What a deadbeat father leaving her, and I still can't fully forgive the mother for just going to Europe like that. But at least the mother is making an effort now, what about the father?

But that was a nice, sweet episode.

It doesn't feel like an ending, but this was one of the hidden gems of the season. A slice-of-life, relaxing anime. I wish we could get a season 2!
Jun 26, 2022 2:17 PM

Jan 2019
The story of the people with shiny jawlines has drawn to a close. It was a cute, wholesome show, but hopefully the characters will one day stop waxing the sides of their faces.
Jun 27, 2022 4:27 AM
Jun 2020
this is the best series about familial love that ive watched, i was hoping for itsuka to at least met his father. every episode till now has made me feel very emotional. good way to end the series with itsukas birthday. now hoping for season 2 :D
Jun 27, 2022 10:31 PM

Jul 2016
Good season finale. Nagumo and Itsuka goes to amusement park, because of Itsuka's birthday. The anime is good SOL this season. Every characters has some spotlight every episode. And the funny and wholesome moments is good too. The background art is pretty with some nice chara animation. The OST is soothing and more laid back to dramatic that compliments the scenes nicely. Overall its a good watch

Jun 29, 2022 4:35 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That was nice to see him at an amusement park for Itsuka's birthday, they had a good time together, then a cake with the family!
Still a bit disappointing we got no resolution for the father or even Nagomu's romance but I guess I just need to hope for a 2nd season
Jun 30, 2022 10:18 AM

Dec 2016
It was so sweet to see Nagomu and Itsuka going out together, also getting mistaken for father and daughter XD

But for the last episode, it didn't seem like it was the last, so I hope they give us a sequel soon.
Jun 30, 2022 10:30 AM

Mar 2014
Not a bad ending but I'm slightly disappointed that Itsuka never get to see her Daddy again. Well if there is a 2nd season I hope to see it
Jul 1, 2022 9:19 AM

Nov 2016
Wholesome and sweet series. This was a good season for slice of life enjoyer. They're almost always a solid option when isekai or overly ambitious action schlock fall off.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 4, 2022 11:38 PM

Dec 2020
way too cute🙁 great final ep

still feels like a starting point, even if its a slim chance i hope this gets a 2nd season. im definitely starting the manga tho!
Jul 6, 2022 8:52 AM

Feb 2014
The hidden gem of the season? I think so, especially with a line up of really hyped and popular shows. The best and a PROPER successor to Usagi Drop. Just family wholesomeness with no bullshit ecchi fanservice shoehorned in in anyway. The characters also felt like real people rather than some archetypes going through the usual anime motions, even one off side characters like Nagomu's band mate that Kanoko called. All in all, 8/10. Hope it gets a second season.
Jul 8, 2022 2:16 PM
Feb 2014
A very abrupt ending. I NEED TO SEE MORE!!!!
Jul 10, 2022 12:50 AM

Feb 2021
Itsuka's birthday is the last episode of this anime in this season. Hopefully, they will have another season to fill up the story...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 10, 2022 11:20 PM

Aug 2013
Finally got around to finishing this. And, although I enjoyed it, it kind of seemed like a mixed bag that left me with equally mixed feelings.

I don't think the show was bad by any means, but I think this show suffered greatly from introducing so many potential plot avenues and points for character growth that were either addressed rapidly and then forgotten, or not at all.

For the entire series, it seems like Nagomu's dad dislikes/resents his son. Openly treats him like shit for the most part. Degrades his work. Doesn't want to leave him the shop. And then out of nowhere is training him on sweets. But there's never any development shown there. Part of the the main synopsis of the series was him coming back home to learn the trade, but we never really see that. We just get a small scene in one of the final episodes that implies he's training. Also never any substantial difference in the way his father treats him.

Another plot point was him acting like a stand in father figure for Itsuka. We never really see anything like that. If anything he kind of just acts like a kind and caring, but goofy older brother. And she does *somewhat* treat him less harshly by the end, but again there was never any serious development between the two.

Then there's the plot point involving music. After the band broke up and he came back, Nagomu made an off cuff remark about how he doesn't play the guitar but still cleans it. Almost like they were toying with the idea of him balancing the passion he left home for with his family calling. But nah he still plays it whenever he wants.

The plot point with Itsuka's mom felt half-assed. This woman was a garbage parent. Then didn't see her daughter for two years on top of that. And then when she comes back their entire relationship if resolved in an episode. Then she's seen 1 more time after that.

And THEN there's the plot points with Nagomu's love life. Has the potential to be interesting, but neither character made any developments. At all. I don't even care who he would end up with (though we all know the 31 year old isn't going to date the 16 year old), but they made it a point to address both girls feelings multiple times and then nothing comes of it.

Then there's the Gary-stu shit with Itsuka's dad. Everytime she's looking he's not there. Everytime she doesn't he's there. Give me a fucking break. And we still don't even have the slightest bit of a hint as to why he decided to be a dead beat dad. And somehow Nagomu still hasn't figured out her dad is his senpai. Like c'mon.

Putting all of this together, I think the show had really good bones. And it was still heartwarming and enjoyable to watch. And individually, all those different plot points I mentioned above are on paper very interesting. I think what this show suffered from the most was pacing and lack of episodes. Once an episode wrapped up, whatever happened in that particular episode almost felt self-contained.

And it's not that I expected every plotline to be resolved. But at the very least fleshed out. But this show could've easily been 24 episodes. SHOW me Nagomu learning the trade. SHOW me Nagomu acting like a dad and the two of them warming up to each other. SHOW me his dad acting kinder. SHOW me some relationship progress. It doesn't all have to get resolved at once. I mean hell the show ended on a cliffhanger with the dad back in town walking on the bridge. Just don't introduce half a dozen plot points and jump them all from A to F in 12 episodes without showing us B-E.

It's gonna probably get a 6-7/10 from me whenever I get around to rating it. I just only finished it so I wanna stew on it a little more before I decide. It was a heartwarming little story with just a lot of missed potential.
Jul 15, 2022 1:01 PM

May 2016
I demand season 2 it was decent series for sure, and such a heartwarming episode with Nagomu taking Ituska out for odegake in a park.

7/10
Jul 17, 2022 8:39 AM

Jul 2015
Quite sweet (not just the mochi) and wholesome series. I kinda hoped the deadbeat dad would reunite but perhaps for the better as Itsuka spend a nice day with Nagomu and even allowed him to be called her dad.

Jul 26, 2022 9:12 AM

Jun 2013
It was relaxing show and the story was also nice. All the discussions about sweets in this show made me hungry just by watching. Itsuka and Nagomu's characters were enjoyable and fun to watch. The other characters were also interesting. It's quite obvious Nagomu's Senpai and Itsuka's father is the same person but no one realizes this.
Aug 13, 2022 6:36 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
yea its time for Nagomu to enjoy the moment together with Itsuka. While unfortunately Itsuka slightly not enjoying as much as he did, till the girl realized, it's time to move on? Cause no matter what, your father already gone, not coming back as her wish, so why not just enjoying all the time with your new family that truly care for you, especially toward Nagomu? Itsuka opened it up on these last episode, and well, the after ending scene might tease you about the continuation. Father is around, but still unavailable to meet his girl, for unknown reason other than, 'kids get in the way'. Very well then...

As for the overall look, can't say much about the show other than loving this so much actually. Chilling vibe, sweet oped, wagashi, parenting issue, funny Nagomu, cute Itsuka, actually be the enough reason to make the show 100% great. At least for me...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 9, 2022 9:55 AM

Jan 2022
So at the end of the episode Itsuka didn't meet his father. Though I hope Itsuka's father met him and Nagomu. I'm not sure this anime gets season 2 so I hope they meet at the end, although I'm a bit disappointed but I'm quite entertained by this anime.

Because for me this anime is quite entertaining and only has 2 boring episodes then I will give 7/10 for this anime.
“Life is never boring, but some people choose to be bored.”

— Wayne Dyer
Sep 16, 2022 6:20 AM
Mar 2020
Historias de la vida sin mas
Sep 21, 2022 9:26 AM

Feb 2014
I think it was okay, I guess? I mean, it´s a decent pure slice of life anime; the 1st half was more entertaining, then it kinda of stopped in time? And so I found myself pretty bored most of the time.

If one is seeking for pure100% slice of life, that is probably 8/10 or so?

Itsuka voice acting, I really did enjoy. Cute without trying hard.
I also did enjoy Mitsuru. Wish I could have seen more of her, but as expected she was give just a few scenes here and then.

In general it was okay for me, 6.5/10 if it were possible.
TechOtakuSep 21, 2022 10:07 AM
Sep 26, 2022 4:47 AM

Sep 2013
It's been a while since I watched a fascinating SoL show like this.

Heart-warming storytelling, good characterization and beautiful opening song (Maaya Sakamoto's voice is as great as ever).

Definitely wanna check out the manga after this.
Nov 3, 2022 1:35 PM
May 2020
NAGOMU IS THE FATHER THAT STEPPED UP!!
May 7, 2023 12:55 AM
Dec 2022
Itsuka\s birthday and Nagomu spend the day with her. Itsukas seems to accept Nagomu more and even allow others to mistake them as father and daughter. Still Itsuka waits for her father who looks back but walks away. An episode with open ending.
Jun 22, 2023 7:28 AM

Mar 2013
I really love this series!
Now I really need a sequel... 😭😭😭
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 5, 11:47 AM

May 2020
I feel like i got scammed by watching this anime. I expected to get a child-care anime but i got a unnecessary love triangle with no depth to it. There was almost no progress between nagomu and itsuka's relationship either. What i really liked about this anime was slice of life parts. They were heartwarming imo. Usagi drop, wolf children and kotaro lives alone are much better child-care animes than this one.

6.5/10
defaulticusApr 5, 12:52 PM
Apr 20, 12:30 PM
Mar 2022
it really fills my heart very much, s2 please
nagomu is a real man
itsuka is so sweet
May 9, 10:45 PM
Mar 2019
too good tbh had a man heart breaking in half, worth the watch, sad there's no season 2 yet
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deaimon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2022

61 by defaulticus »»
Apr 3, 9:40 AM

» Asking what happen at the manga

FeliksXzl - Jan 9

1 by bossunhimeswitch »»
Jan 9, 10:27 AM

» What are our thoughts on this one?

sorames - Jun 12, 2023

26 by KitsuFrost »»
Aug 7, 2023 2:56 PM

Poll: » Deaimon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2022

53 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jun 21, 2023 11:35 AM

Poll: » Deaimon Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 11, 2022

47 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jun 21, 2023 9:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.