Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2022 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
An all out battle for the series' finale as expected...

Meh, this felt like a lot of the other episodes except the stakes for this was higher and there are more casualities. Oh and Black Rock Shooter herself gave it all in this fight. Overall, a very mediocre show imo, easily forgettable.
Jun 19, 2022 9:01 AM

Jul 2011
The battle for the space elevator, was the type of battle I like, for being so damn dramatic. The meteors hitting the cities, incredible.

Cloning almost everyone in 50 years. Colonel essence is so strong that possessed Norito.

The moment "Black★Rock Shooter" began to play, I cried. I was satisfied. Wouldn't be a BRS without Miku singing.

BRS literally too angry to die.

I hope that will be a OVA for the Moon battle.
Jun 19, 2022 7:16 PM

Dec 2015
This show wasn't perfect, but I sure as hell enjoyed it.
The ending with the original mix of Black Rock Shooter by supercell touched my heartstrings.

Leave your limits.

Jun 19, 2022 7:20 PM

Nov 2010
  • The show was almost a SF version of Mad Max:2 or MM:Fury Road; just running through the battle fields toward the goal. It's a kind of collector's item.
  • well then... what were the antlers that DeadMaster had on her head?

Jun 19, 2022 7:56 PM
Nov 2019
Oh my gawd when they brought back THAT song I felt so much nostalgia!!! Hope there’ll be an OVA, and if not I have an epic idea for a fanfic!
Jun 19, 2022 8:32 PM
Aug 2015
If they do an OVA or something to show the battle on the moon, I could go for less CGI in it. I understand budgets and all when it comes to animation, but it was really unneeded for certain scenes in the series (them standing around and just talking). Compared to all the other series of this franchise, this was not one of the favorites for me. Although I really loved Lunatic's design.
Jun 19, 2022 9:13 PM

Sep 2014
I didn't watch the first one, only this one, I had already heard a lot about the "black roock shooter" I decided to give it a chance, the story at the beginning seemed pretty average, the CGI didn't bother me, as the episodes progressed it started to be good, the episode the robot almost made me cry, and this ending with miku singing enchanted me!
Brazilian,24yo; —"Man propose, God dispose."
"
Jun 19, 2022 10:21 PM
Aug 2018
Woah I was shock Other Main characters die but Black Rock Shooter got die to Fighting Lunatic by Over Load her Power Become Mecha similar to Robot Miku form but later she got resurrection restore maybe from her regenerate ability !

Norito become John Connor leader of the Resistance they survive Judgment Day

Ending with Hatsune Miku song

Black Rock Shooter flying in Space similar to other Miku song Aria and yet different style
yuuma_kugaJun 19, 2022 10:37 PM
Jun 19, 2022 10:51 PM

Feb 2021
The story is ended too fast. This should have a new season to see the battle on the Moon. The effect doesn't have much improvement but the music on the ending really nostalgic and good to put on there.

Keep it up! Wanna see the improvement on the animation if there are gonna have another season.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 19, 2022 11:27 PM

Jun 2021
So this is the end. I wish the series was better but sadly this is it. Still had a bit of fun near the end but sadly its no good. Atleast we had more Black Rock shooter I guess.
Jun 20, 2022 12:55 AM
Jan 2020
Possibly the most hollywood deus ex machina ending lmao
Jun 20, 2022 2:11 AM

Jul 2008
The ending could have been better. It was all over the place with almost everyone dying and then the main 3 hemitheos units were reborn again. Nevertheless, I still enjoyed the show even though Lunatic is still alive. This is definitely the end, there is no way they will make a sequel out of this.
Jun 20, 2022 6:47 AM

Apr 2015
ShanaFlame said:
This is definitely the end, there is no way they will make a sequel out of this.

The only way they could, is if the BRS mobile game they are making ends up being a big success and they put the money toward another anime, but it's doubtful, the mobile games they tried before shut down in a short time. Not sure how they even got the money for this.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jun 20, 2022 8:18 AM
Aug 2018
Tropisch said:
ShanaFlame said:
This is definitely the end, there is no way they will make a sequel out of this.

The only way they could, is if the BRS mobile game they are making ends up being a big success and they put the money toward another anime, but it's doubtful, the mobile games they tried before shut down in a short time. Not sure how they even got the money for this.

That New Black★Rock Shooter FRAGMENT

I notice they Combine story of Girls' Frontline + Arknights + Terminator 2 Judgment Day

By showing in Video Apocalyptic style Similar to To PSP Black Rock Shooter The Game and Black Rock Shooter Dawn Fall, Only different More Waifu Protector of humanity
Jun 20, 2022 11:04 AM

Jan 2014
Honestly. If they took out the weird stuff, this would've been a fairly decent product. Cause there is SOMETHING there, but it feels held back. Still, will say idea wise, pretty good.
Jun 20, 2022 3:32 PM
Aug 2016
That so sad men, the rating just 5 even the sponsor is Disney
Jun 20, 2022 3:33 PM
Aug 2016
Never watch anime sponsored by Disney
Jun 20, 2022 3:37 PM
Aug 2016
i hope can increased to 6.5 at least after this finished airing
Jun 20, 2022 4:14 PM
Mar 2016
This show was pretty mediocre and forgettable overall, but I enjoyed it. Losing the last fight of the show wasn't something I was expecting though, and seeing that iconic eye flame after so long had struck something deep. A brotha couldn't help tearing up a bit hearing that OG Vocaloid tune. But definitely has to be the most boring and least interesting versions of the characters. Worst version of Rock/Stella by a landslide.

Fragment seems to be going down the same apcolyptic route, I'm looking forward to it, but I just hope all future Black Rock Shooter media doesn't follow the Game's path. Knowing humanity's extinction was inevitable and the everflowing sense of lonliness was a big part of why the game worked so well. And there's so many stories like it now, that they don't stand out.

After rewatching 2012, It's originality has only stuck out more, the CGI still looks amazing, So I hope future projects stick to the Innocent Soul or Other Worlder aesthetics that fit the characters like a glove.
DarkXionJun 20, 2022 4:41 PM
Jun 20, 2022 5:26 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
MIIIIIIIIKKKKKKKKKKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

DEM EARLY 2010'S VIBES
Jun 20, 2022 7:17 PM

Apr 2015
I hope at least a OVA about the Moon fight. But i feel it is hard to happen.

I actually enjoyed the series, it had it moments and the music was good. (And the played the original song finally!)

6.5/10 going for 7/10.
Jun 20, 2022 8:02 PM

Oct 2015
I guess Lunatic has placed things on pause, she's such a manipulator.

Super Trike's new form was Awesome, i want a new sequel for me to see it again.

Monica looked old, Charlotte hasn't aged that much, while Norito looked badass. Miya looked beautiful, her will has grown a little. I liked the loli strength and Dead Master, so adorable.

Meh season, but I enjoyed some parts. The sex doll villain deserved a cruel death though, I wasn't chuffed how he perished.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 21, 2022 4:43 AM

Feb 2019
Norito got a glow-up and a half, did a spit take when I realised that was him. Trike as well, growing up to be a spaceship? Absurd, but priceless.

Also great that Andy got a place in the montage of humanity. He deserved that and more.

Good that the Fortune foreshadowing came to fruition, but Miya becoming a Hemitheos could definitely have been done better. At least a quick scene making it clear she ended up in critical condition after being near a Moonflake impact. The same for revealing Strength, Dead Master and Trike survived, too.

In fact, that could have been combined with Trike's change, having her rise out the Iron Ocean having absorbed it for a powerup, à la the end of Terminator 5.

Rock's own powerup was cool, but the design didn't really feel Black★Rock Shooter-y. Then again, I initially thought it'd just be the wings, so I can't complain.

Finally having the original song close out the show was brilliant, but expected.

Definitely would go for a moon battle OVA, would make a nice opportunity to use more of the new Hemitheos and Trike designs.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Jun 21, 2022 12:17 PM
Jun 2022
I love this one than original Season. May be i'm strange. I love story plot. Bad things is plot hole and series. Likely original series just dream of drawn fall(my idea). Whatever still best everything i watched except overlord.
About story
I loved. About automatic and humans
A little kind na weird for first series. Whatever i loved. Sadly story made every other girls to dead suck!
About art
Look good not much i except. Some cgi are bad
About sound
Nothing special but nice nice gun sound and explosion sound.
I will end there. This js my first writing. May be bad
Jun 21, 2022 3:33 PM

Mar 2010
People can say what they want regarding "hype" bs, but I really enjoyed this show a lot.

The only huge downside was the shitty fansubbing. Thankfully I can understand Japanese fine so I didn't need it but by god was it terrible.
Jun 21, 2022 4:07 PM

Aug 2020
All they actually had to do.

...Like...really the one thing thats completely ruined this show. Not the ugly CGI, but all they had to do to make this salvageable was to NOT PUT IN A RAPE INSTITUTION SUBPLOT THAT STRETCHED ONTO MOST OF THE SHOW...

It couldnt have been hard to not include the stupid educational institution which added almost nothing of value. Just use the freaking robots and liquid death stuff that they already setup in the first place, maybe keep the whole brainwashed Charlotte that can be explained with Artemis, and FINISH THE GOD DAMNED LUNATIC PLOT WHICH IS WHAT WAS SETUP TO BE THE MAIN THING IN THE FIRST PLACE!
RobertsahDHDAJun 21, 2022 4:14 PM
Keep scrolling
Jun 22, 2022 7:23 AM

Feb 2017
Oh my God, this anime was so much worse than I expected.
The truly intelligent person is one who can pretend to be a fool in front of a fool who pretends to be intelligent.
Jun 22, 2022 12:19 PM

Feb 2016
This anime was really good compared to the hot garbage that the old BRS anime was, oh God how I hate that shit.

We all knew the colonel was going to die any moment but still he was a good protagonist for this, and I liked the timeskip but why can't we see the final battle? Weird that it got cut, since the last fight we saw was they losing the fight on Earth 50 years ago because they thought it was a good idea to ignore their main objective and focus on beating a fking indestructible hologram lol

And there was no way they would end this anime without using the "iconic" BRS song from Miku, I love Miku, but I don't like that song at all lol
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Jun 23, 2022 5:45 AM
Jan 2017
Human Extinction, War, Dark, Despair with little hope. that what i got in this series..
Lunatic is general villain who after the destruction again humanity and trying to make a new humanity by its own way.. just like siren on azur lane, Hercsher on honkai impact 3rd, or Terminator they look similar and it always been..
Final war, everyone dead, the left of humanity 50 year later with a some character still same with what they look before and some loli version of strenght and Dead master do a counter attack to the moon and the black rock shooter followed their space ship.. it end

i love when they put the original song of black.rock shooter in the end of episode.. it feel very nostalgic for me..
i dont have problem with CGI and the plot and just enjoy it so.. 8/10
Jun 23, 2022 11:53 AM

Jul 2013
Okay, the show wasn't more than a slightly fun anime, and I was about to get angry for such cliffhanger (that will likely get the story without a conclusion), but when the Black Rock Shooter's Miku song played as they went to the space (+ Empress with the good ol' BRS flaming eye) I got chills. Didn't expect that at all, and I loved everything about it. Despite the cliffhanger, it was a good note to end the series for sure.

Also, I deeply lament that Black Gold Saw didn't appear here in any capacity despite being one of the main characters of the franchise. I thought Miya or Charlotte would become the BGS of this entry, but that wasn't the case... Such a pity, she had a pretty good design.
Jun 24, 2022 8:00 AM

Nov 2009
They actually dared to use that song as the ED... my fucking god.
The last episode was even worse than the previous ones somehow, which is amazing, in a bad way.
Jun 24, 2022 12:27 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
That song will never fail to touch me.

Weird ending, though. Weird ending. I'm glad BRS is back and... an alternative version of her too but where's the sequel announcement?? Where is it. I want more. I wanna see Artemis get her behind kicked by Strength and DM.
Jun 25, 2022 1:52 AM

Jan 2009
damn i enjoyed this as much as the old TV series, not bad not bad at all even though its an open ending and not a conclusive ending

this cyborg girls have nanomachines so obviously Black Rock Shooter can regenerate too but it took her 50 years to regenerate eh maybe because she has biological components that slowdown the regeneration

i just hate that the writers killed the original Dead Master and Strength, its obvious those kids are just laboratory created (aka clones) from the remains of their DNA or Nanomachines

Lunatic is one of my favorite robot or AI villains now too her mindset of big data collection as her food or desire is scary to think about once real life AI advances more, plus Lunatic is sexy hot
Jun 26, 2022 9:01 PM

Jul 2008
Tropisch said:
ShanaFlame said:

I personally wouldn't mind an OVA or a movie to end things with the space battle.
Jun 27, 2022 6:50 PM

Jan 2012
Song still a banger even after all these years
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jun 28, 2022 5:34 AM

Nov 2019
Well this flash-forward is pure trash, but everything leading up to it was a pretty great follow-up to the previous TV series.

Going full-on Mad Max hellworld suits the franchise well.
Jul 10, 2022 4:29 PM

Mar 2021
Omg, I didnt expected to be speechless and with a tear to my eye for the ending ;_;
I mean the original music coming back did it, nostalgia, I love it

I was shocked too that everyone dies..

So yeah, not the best and it could have been better, this one had really nothing to do with the other BRS stuff, and it was so dark too

I still love BRS characters, that was good for me ^^
Jul 11, 2022 12:38 PM

Dec 2020
Show is watchable fine and Empress character is not bad with the story development, but to the point where Lunatic didn't finish the job and went to hibernation because she's giving them a break.. that is illogical for an AI like Lunatic to come to that conclusion I can't believe it. The writer must be either out of time or idea to finish a better ending.
Jul 21, 2022 6:58 AM

Sep 2021
Interesting anime overall. Ending was a little poorly done though. Weird that the machines which still exist would just let Black Trite fly straight to the moon without any interference. We didn't even get to see that true final fight and its result... Glad that Black Rock Shooter was able to somehow join them in the end.
Jul 25, 2022 1:27 PM

Jul 2009
I was expecting a happy ending...it was sad to see Monica older, without her girl and that humans didn~t win...
Jul 26, 2022 10:30 PM

Apr 2011
Well, it was fun while it lasted. The plot is similar to BRS the game.

The BRS music at the end hits nostalgia.

Aug 2, 2022 8:44 PM

Feb 2014
In general, enjoyed decent amount this anime.

Did not like how they went to the "let´s kill this and that character for the sake fanservice drama". Usually, this is a huge decrease in my enjoyment, but I guess this anime was a rare exception where I could bear it to an extent.

I would dare to say this last episode was the weakst in my opinion except for the epilogue. This epsiode felt rushed and kinda of underwhelming except for a very few short scenes.

Overall, probably 8/10

Second season when? xD
TechOtakuAug 2, 2022 8:53 PM
Sep 25, 2022 2:56 PM

Jan 2013
It was alright I suppose, kind of a shame the show had to rely on shocking elements at the start with Mr. Smiley and his girls, the cursing etc etc.
The story, run of the mill honestly, nothing special.
The action scenes were decent, the CGI didn't take away from it that much, it may have even helped at times.

6/10
Oct 12, 2022 5:21 AM
May 2019
this was an embarrassment to the Black Rock Shooter IP
Dec 14, 2022 11:56 PM

Nov 2016
what a way to traumatize your daughter for life by shooting yourself, take the L to the afterlife Colonel
Feb 13, 2023 5:00 AM

Jan 2011
That feeling when they played Miku's BRS at the end, was like a blast from the past from my teenage years haha, love Miku.
Jun 4, 2023 5:23 AM

May 2017
man if only studio orange made this anime instead of bibury, the story wouldn't be in so much tatters and the cgi would be so much bearable
81982062_p0
Oct 4, 2023 10:36 PM
Apr 2022
bom mas poderia ter sido melhor, sem carga emocional também.
Apr 5, 3:00 PM

Apr 2023
Welp, that was something. Gotta say I did enjoy the series somehow despite the flaws. Ost and characters interaction were my favorite things by far. I was originally going to give it a 5/10 but, as many other pointed, hearing BRS as the ending is really nostalgic.
Therefore, this gets a solid 6/10, wouldn't recommend this unless you're familiar with BRS, then maybe, mayyyybe, this will entertain you.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15, 2022

21 by Lysared »»
Apr 5, 10:47 AM

Poll: » Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2022

21 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Mar 4, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2022

26 by AnimSr »»
Sep 20, 2023 2:21 PM

» What happen with cool green haired girl ?

sakkyun - Apr 10, 2022

7 by SofiaBulga »»
Feb 23, 2023 6:31 AM

» Now available on Hulu, Disney+ and Star+, but...

JohanJ04 - Oct 19, 2022

4 by ArthurLopes »»
Jan 9, 2023 8:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.