Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Am I The Only One Who Would Have Liked The Story Better If This Was The Case?

New
Jun 18, 2022 11:47 AM
Sep 2021
Jun 18, 2022 12:07 PM

Sep 2020
This show is a 5 for me. I though this show was going to be one of those “Getting a country out of crisis” shows we have seen a lot lately. I did enjoy those moments but this second half with Leo having a mental breakdown and stuff was cool but felt out of place. I feel like the creator had 2 ideas and mashed them together with no care in the world.

I agree the whole Leo wanting to die is lame. I think if he was the bad guy and we follows Echidna instead that would have been cool and the Black Onyx betrayal would have been cool to see from Echidna’s side.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2022 12:12 PM
Sep 2021
Yuri_Niji said:
This show is a 5 for me. I though this show was going to be one of those “Getting a country out of crisis” shows we have seen a lot lately. I did enjoy those moments but this second half with Leo having a mental breakdown and stuff was cool but felt out of place. I feel like the creator had 2 ideas and mashed them together with no care in the world.

I agree the whole Leo wanting to die is lame. I think if he was the bad guy and we follows Echidna instead that would have been cool and the Black Onyx betrayal would have been cool to see from Echidna’s side.

Yeah the more I am thinking of this past episode, I am getting closer to rating it a 6. You are right about the 2 ideas mashed together. Story had a lot of potential.
Jun 18, 2022 12:20 PM

May 2021
Disagree. He would then essentially be a slave to his programming but in this case he's not due to that super growth function of his. The thought process and the actions which led to him coming to the conclusion that he must die is one of the things that propelled the show to a 7 for me.

What you described is boring as fuck and a mess of an idea.

Jun 18, 2022 12:33 PM
Sep 2021
RioFS said:
Disagree. He would then essentially be a slave to his programming but in this case he's not due to that super growth function of his. The thought process and the actions which led to him coming to the conclusion that he must die is one of the things that propelled the show to a 7 for me.

That wouldn't be him being a slave to his programming if he tries to destroy everyone including the heroes. Potentially would be a mess but it would be anything but boring.
Jun 18, 2022 12:37 PM

May 2021
Rat8526 said:
RioFS said:

That wouldn't be him being a slave to his programming if he tries to destroy everyone including the heroes. Potentially would be a mess but it would be anything but boring.

Well, it depends on WHY he's destroying the heroes(you mean the dysfunctional heroes?). Its gonna be boring since he's gonna stomp everybody.

Jun 18, 2022 3:03 PM
Feb 2021
well I stopped somewhere in ep 5 or 6 cause I wanted full focus on one piece but I really like this show and Leo's backstory. if he was just became a villain it wasn't special in my opinion
Nir#9404 on discord feel free to DM me
Jun 18, 2022 3:04 PM
Jun 2022
Honestly, shows not even a 6, Leo started off as a cool, wise, strong mc, then he went downhill from there. The middle episodes were decent, I woulda gave it a 6 or 7 if not for the latest few episodes. I was never gonna go above a 7 cause it was boring. BUT the Tokyo to magical world age idea was nice 👍👍👍
Jun 18, 2022 5:04 PM
Dec 2021
TBH it was sooo boring to watch, but never even in my dreams i expected that Twist , I was so amazed back then and even now I'm waiting for next episode, The ending will decide the score mainly, but it's a SOLID 7
Jun 18, 2022 9:37 PM
Dec 2020
Sheesh, people got too used to Eren Yeager and Lelouch type characters
Jun 19, 2022 1:00 PM

Feb 2015
the who thing is just like one long prologue. we had half a season of character introductions and then flashbacks for the reaming half with a nice dose of self lothing. the who show doesn't really know what it wants to be and the story has never really got started.
Jun 19, 2022 5:41 PM
Apr 2022
I think the show was ok in the beginning but the twist that he was going to destroy everything was awesome, alot of these comments don't account for him being over 3,000 years old and the fact he has to continually save humanity cause of his programming and when humanity is saved his programming starts breaking him down and going insane, the twist where he really wanted to do the permanent quit that was perfect and made the show have a lot more depth and meaning, I get the feeling alot of kids are writing reviews in here cause they are missing the whole picture, this show in total gets a 8 from me
Jun 19, 2022 5:48 PM
Apr 2022
Rat8526 said:
Yuri_Niji said:

Yeah the more I am thinking of this past episode, I am getting closer to rating it a 6. You are right about the 2 ideas mashed together. Story had a lot of potential.

you're both wrong, it's not 2 ideas, it's one the second half shows why he joined them and how he was suffering the entire time like alot of people do and no one notices and brought alot more depth to the show, I get the feeling from these comments I'm reading that half the show flew over people's heads and you all missed key elements and points, especially from how your comments read, they show you missed the early signs of what this show was going to be in the beginning and thought it's was 2 different ideas smashed together, granted they could have gone about showing a little different making it more obvious but that could have ruined it too
Jun 19, 2022 5:50 PM
Apr 2022
RioFS said:

yes thank you. I was starting to wonder if people just missed alot about anime including the early signs they showed
Jun 19, 2022 5:56 PM
Apr 2022
Rat8526 said:
RioFS said:

you are forgetting he isn't human, he basically a biological android with several core programs, these programs breakdown cause the growth drive, you basically described the opposite where he doesn't stop heroing, kills everyone in a single episode, he had to hold back in the final fight, he is confirmed to have the ability to destroy everything and you think him playing along and one shoting everyone and thing he comes across isn't boring, talk about a waste
Jun 19, 2022 6:03 PM
Apr 2022
Kory-kun said:
well I stopped somewhere in ep 5 or 6 cause I wanted full focus on one piece but I really like this show and Leo's backstory. if he was just became a villain it wasn't special in my opinion

I wouldn't waste time on one piece, literally throw a rock in any direction and hit a better anime, usob is like Indiana Jones in raiders, could not be there and the story would have turned out the same, take the time rewatch quit heroing its worth your time more then one piece
Jun 19, 2022 11:36 PM
Feb 2021
Jcwildturkey101 said:
Kory-kun said:

I wouldn't waste time on one piece, literally throw a rock in any direction and hit a better anime, usob is like Indiana Jones in raiders, could not be there and the story would have turned out the same, take the time rewatch quit heroing its worth your time more then one piece
I'm enjoying it actually. Even tho I'm gonna finish soon so imma binge everything I left aside
Nir#9404 on discord feel free to DM me
Jun 19, 2022 11:41 PM
Apr 2022
Dang over 900 episodes of that is alot, well to each their own, I've thought about finishing it just to say I finished but after 250 episodes I couldn't take it anymore, it's not how many episodes cause I've finished others like fairytale, I just can't get into it and feel like it's way over hyped, the story line is ok but definitely not worth 900 episodes
Jun 21, 2022 9:27 PM
Sep 2021
Jcwildturkey101 said:
Dang over 900 episodes of that is alot, well to each their own, I've thought about finishing it just to say I finished but after 250 episodes I couldn't take it anymore, it's not how many episodes cause I've finished others like fairytale, I just can't get into it and feel like it's way over hyped, the story line is ok but definitely not worth 900 episodes

What show are you talking about? You know this forum is talking about I'm Quitting Heroing which is only 12 episodes, right?
Jun 21, 2022 9:35 PM
Apr 2022
If you had paid attention we got off topic and was having a discussion, guess you weren't paying attention
Jun 21, 2022 9:37 PM
Sep 2021
Jcwildturkey101 said:
If you had paid attention we got off topic and was having a discussion, guess you weren't paying attention

Normally you quote if you are continuing a conversation, so I just saw a comment saying over 900 episodes of that is a lot. Didn't know it was from a previous comment.
Jun 21, 2022 9:40 PM
Apr 2022
This is why I don't normally talk with people on here like that, cause they won't read previous comments and will hop in, but it's OK
Jun 21, 2022 9:49 PM
Sep 2021
Jcwildturkey101 said:
This is why I don't normally talk with people on here like that, cause they won't read previous comments and will hop in, but it's OK

I mean, I just saw someone respond to a forum I put up. If I don't see you quoting from someone, I'm not gonna go investigate and find what you were actually responding too. It's very easy to both the person you are replying to and to everyone else just to hit that quote button and then type whatever you want. That way if you are wanting to continue a conversation with someone, if you quote their message, then it will ping them saying "someone replied to your comment" Wasn't trying to be mean or anything, just didn't know what you were talking about.
Jun 21, 2022 9:54 PM
Apr 2022
Didn't take it in a mean way, guess I should have phrased it better, but you didn't see the 4 other quotes between me and them?
Jun 22, 2022 1:14 AM

Apr 2019
I think the ending was pretty good. I would say it would be nice if there is an alternate ending where he goes full villain though.
Jun 22, 2022 7:18 AM
Sep 2020
Its the plot twist and its a do or die how the consumer will react to it, if the taste is good or bad after the tasteful presentation. For me its somewhat good, Leo wasn't a human at all, I see him as a machine gone error after so on years. Poor demons, fighting for world/demon world peace against some trash my humans.
幸福にはそれ自身の目的があります
Jun 22, 2022 9:34 AM

Nov 2016
I don't even know what was main plot of this anime after some episodes so I dropped it. Yes if he was villain it would be much better at least I could say who is evil and who is not...
hiraishinxJun 22, 2022 9:40 AM
Jun 22, 2022 1:09 PM

Mar 2014
Hmm I think it would a huge impact but it would be refreshing coz I feel they all so cliche and generic and I'm sick of it
Apr 30, 5:01 AM
Oct 2022
It's 8 for me. I like all the flashback plots, such as the origin of the world being the remnants of a modern civilization and Leo being an android who has lived for thousands of years. I also really enjoy the plot twists in episode 9 and beyond.

I don't know why you want Leo to become a true villain. He's clearly the strongest and undefeatable. This show will end in ep 1 if he really wants to destroy the world.

Moreover, Leo is still bound by the command to save humans echoing in his mind when the plot twist in episode 9 occurs, so it's impossible for him to become a villain at that time because he can only break free from his command after Steina tells him that he might be able to disable the command voice in his head. He also said that he doesn't hate humans, and in the previous episodes, we were also told that the reason Leo wants to join Echidna is not out of revenge and wanting to annihilate humanity.

I don't know why such an idea could come to your mind if you really watched this show, because that idea would drastically change the story.

More topics from this board

» Annoying side character (lily)

Kevinjtc - Jun 24, 2022

19 by Garrett_Dark »»
May 1, 10:46 AM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2022

137 by indexsel »»
Apr 30, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2022

77 by vkopuzoglu »»
Apr 25, 7:53 AM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2022

59 by James_xeno »»
Mar 28, 2:19 PM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 3, 2022

46 by Monmon0110 »»
Mar 7, 5:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.