Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 17, 2022 11:46 PM
Dec 2021
What make Berserk good?
Jun 18, 2022 12:20 AM

Nov 2021
That's not a valid question, i mean, everyone knows how's the Art and story of berserk's manga and Guts is a Goat himself.

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Jun 18, 2022 1:28 AM
Feb 2022
InvisiblePsycho said:
What make Berserk good?

Everything about it
Jun 18, 2022 1:28 AM

Apr 2021
InvisiblePsycho said:
What make Berserk good?

It's good because it isn't bad.

Jokes aside, it's good because of the interesting worldbuilding, great characters and themes, incredible art and attention to detail, good pacing as well as it's overall impact on the ani manga landscape and culture as a whole. I could keep going but maybe you should go read it? At the very least watch the 97 adaptation or the CGI movie trilogy.
We'Ve StEpPeD iNtO a WaR wItH tHe CaBaL oN mArS
Jun 18, 2022 2:47 AM
Apr 2021
InvisiblePsycho said:
What make Berserk good?

Just Read it and you’ll find the answer
Jun 18, 2022 5:06 AM

May 2021
Absolutely everything
Jun 18, 2022 6:20 AM

Sep 2021
dare i say there is something for everyone if you know what i mean
Jun 18, 2022 7:32 AM
Jan 2018
I would say character building. Guts changes so much over time that if you had 5 people read different sections of the story they would each have a very different view of guts character. its so incredibly well done and griffiths arc as far as turning from the hero to the villain is so good that the thought of him in the back of your mind carries the manga through any slower times. (millenium falcon arc anyone?)

truly the only flaw the series has is the first 2 volumes. mediocre art, edgy bullshit and honestly miura seemed like he was floundering a bit imo. but as soon as volume three starts all that dissipates. the end of black swordsman is truly great and possibly on par with the reast of the series.
He died doing what he wanted, no matter what, right? I bet he was happy.

Good luck with berserk Kouji Mori, you'll need all the help you can get. We believe in you.
Jun 18, 2022 8:12 AM
Oct 2020
Sharmat_00 said:
I would say character building. Guts changes so much over time that if you had 5 people read different sections of the story they would each have a very different view of guts character. its so incredibly well done and griffiths arc as far as turning from the hero to the villain is so good that the thought of him in the back of your mind carries the manga through any slower times. (millenium falcon arc anyone?)

truly the only flaw the series has is the first 2 volumes. mediocre art, edgy bullshit and honestly miura seemed like he was floundering a bit imo. but as soon as volume three starts all that dissipates. the end of black swordsman is truly great and possibly on par with the reast of the series.

Black Swordman arc isn't bad at all.
Jun 18, 2022 10:03 AM

May 2021
I suggest you read it yourself to realize what makes it good. A better experience than asking around on MAL.

Jun 18, 2022 10:03 AM
Jan 2018
DragonSlayer1989 said:
Sharmat_00 said:

Black Swordman arc isn't bad at all.

I wouldnt say its bad, its just very mediocre for the first 70% and easily the worst arc in the manga. Miura clearly lacked some level of maturity neccessary to create a dark fantasy world right at the beginning. His vision for what he wanted to create was amazing but that didnt translate well with the first few chapters. I understand the point is guts is filled with rage and hatred for the hand he's been dealt. But his hatred is just too on the nose. For a series that is absolutely filled with nuance and subtlety its completely lacking all the way up until we see guts cry for the first time. Its a shame such a ridiculous masterpiece has a start that sticks out like a sore thumb.

Good luck with berserk Kouji Mori, you'll need all the help you can get. We believe in you.
Jun 18, 2022 10:52 AM
Jun 2022
everything about berserk reflects reality. the real word is horrifying, it's an uphill battle. berserk shows us that even when everything's taken from you, you gotta keep on fighting, because that's what makes you human. also the artworks, broooooooooooooooooooooooooo come on. fantasia arc gives me goosebumps everytime I think about it
Jun 18, 2022 1:03 PM
Apr 2021
Sharmat_00 said:

Black swordsman was great wym, and the art wasn’t mediocre I’d say it’s above average.
Jun 18, 2022 1:13 PM
Jan 2018
BettertastethenU said:
Sharmat_00 said:

Black swordsman was great wym, and the art wasn’t mediocre I’d say it’s above average.

You may want to take a look at my other reply above. But I disagree. You can see quite a few weird looking faces and other details that just arent right especially if you're to compare it to what comes later in the series. Simply comparing theresias face to literally any of the other young girls later on in the series proves that the art really wasnt good.

Jun 18, 2022 5:36 PM
Apr 2021
Sharmat_00 said:
BettertastethenU said:

You may want to take a look at my other reply above. But I disagree. You can see quite a few weird looking faces and other details that just arent right especially if you're to compare it to what comes later in the series. Simply comparing theresias face to literally any of the other young girls later on in the series proves that the art really wasnt good.

I think you’d be hard pressed to find mangaka who’s model consistency is completely perfect. I think the art for the environments are great.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Episode 8 Discussion

Zell182 - Aug 4, 2009

43 by Lun4t1cc »»
May 13, 4:53 AM

» Berserk Golden Age Sequel

18927 - Apr 21

22 by eaten-apple »»
Apr 22, 4:15 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Friendlysoul - Mar 11, 2008

513 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Apr 12, 11:03 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zell182 - Aug 5, 2009

76 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Apr 12, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zell182 - Aug 5, 2009

78 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Apr 11, 11:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.