Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 16, 2022 9:55 PM
Aug 2020
I'm not disappointed since i love SARU but no matter what it can never be KyoAni, so I am sad about it. I was hoping she may go back to kyoani after the studio stabilises a bit but it doesn't look like that's happening
Jun 17, 2022 12:10 AM
Sep 2020
Nercocet said:
I'm not disappointed since i love SARU but no matter what it can never be KyoAni, so I am sad about it. I was hoping she may go back to kyoani after the studio stabilises a bit but it doesn't look like that's happening

I love both studios. Still, I believe SARU is probably more suitable for Yamada's artistic views. KyoAni has an aesthetic for its characters that's pretty iconic. On the otherhand, every SARU's work has an unique artstyle. I assume they let the directors and character designers go absolutely free regarding those aspects. Every work I've seen from Yamada has showed some noticeable experimental aspects. She's constantly pursuing new concepts for her works, so I believe she's the kind of artist that, for everybody's sake, should be unleashed. Heike Monogatari was so unique in every sense, such an intriguing approach to a famous War period in Japan, portrayed perhaps in the least violent and most intimate way ever.

I know Yuasa isn't working with SARU anymore, but he sure left a great legacy as a creative director, which definitely is the DNA of the studio. Yamada's ceiling there is limitless.
droppa121Jun 17, 2022 12:14 AM

More topics from this board

» This was shown as Scotland Loves Anime way back in Oct 2022

Jax - Apr 10

3 by Nexus_512 »»
6 hours ago

» Why is this labelled as "Previewed" in October 2022?

illintelligence - Nov 17, 2023

1 by MagicPolly »»
Nov 17, 2023 8:34 PM

» English Theatrical Release?

novavsen - Oct 28, 2022

3 by DruMzTV »»
Oct 28, 2022 3:24 PM

» A report of the movie's presentation at Annecy Festival

EmiliaHoarfrost - Jun 16, 2022

1 by RioFS »»
Jun 16, 2022 12:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.