Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 22, 2010 3:51 AM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally! subs!

Apr 22, 2010 5:19 AM

Aug 2008
Was actually pretty good for being a movie. Got to see all the great characters in action and thank god for no sauske.
Apr 22, 2010 6:00 AM

Jan 2009
spineslayer said:
Was actually pretty good for being a movie. Got to see all the great characters in action and thank god for no sauske.

Agreeed.
When it comes to the movie, i can't say it's the best I've seen, but it was ok i guess.
Pretty epic in the ending though, when everyone misunderstand what kakashi-sensei say.
Apr 22, 2010 7:22 AM

Apr 2010
I wish there was more of Lee, and yes no sasuke = win

Fuuton, Rasen Shuriken =)

Apr 22, 2010 9:50 AM
Jul 2008
One of the best fights I've seen for a really long time.
Apr 22, 2010 9:51 AM

Sep 2008
At least the Gaara part was cool... remember when his defense was absolute?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2010 10:17 AM

Nov 2008
[rage]WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT @ THE END IMPLYING KAKASHI IS GAY. THAT WASN'T FUNNY. AT ALL. [/rage]

Meh, I enjoyed it at fight scenes but everything else was ovartalked. And I heard the same quotation about 5 times....
Apr 22, 2010 10:23 AM

Mar 2010
ive got to say the best fight ive ever seen in Naruto and ive seen all the eps and fights, this one takes the cake
Apr 22, 2010 10:57 AM

Apr 2009
Agreed on the repetitive lines. Things like 'WILL OF THE FIRE', 'Those who abandon their comrades are worse than scum.' and 'I've got to protect the king!' took up the majority of the script. It was pretty cheesy.
But everyone showed up and Hinata almost got tentacle raep'dd AND Sai was cool and implied some NaruSaku AND Tenten was useful ANNDD Shino asserted some of his badassery and Shikamaru and Kakashi were strongly featured so I enjoyed this. The ~gay~ ending topped everything off nicely. ahaha...

wtf was with the S&M/bondage villains? Final-boss Hiruko was extremely creepy.
Apr 22, 2010 10:57 AM

Jul 2007
I liked it, but it was'nt the best i've seen. But the ending move (fuuton, rasen shuriken) from naruto was amazingly cool xD.
Apr 22, 2010 11:46 AM

Apr 2009
loved how everyone worked together in the fights ^^
"Don't believe in the you that believes in me. Don't believe in the me that believes in you. Believe in the you that believes in yourself."
Apr 22, 2010 11:58 AM

Nov 2008
Well I loved the movie. Kakashi and Naturo banzai!!! * NOT AS A COUPLE*, but I thought the joke was still funny. Just loved their role in the movie.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Apr 22, 2010 12:54 PM
Oct 2009
great animation, which is about the biggest reason to watch these movies.

gotta wonder though, how did naruto jump up so high for that final rasen shuriken.
Apr 22, 2010 1:02 PM

Aug 2009
you gotta wonder why many of the bad guys in naruto are traps (or try to be)
maybe the writer really hates them ^_^
Apr 22, 2010 1:43 PM

Dec 2009
Game_Master said:
you gotta wonder why many of the bad guys in naruto are traps (or try to be)
maybe the writer really hates them ^_^

Yeah probably lol. This one was good but now i'm sad I have to wait a year for movie 4
Apr 22, 2010 2:13 PM

Jan 2008
And I thought I would see some kyuubi-mode action :/

Jiraiya :...(
Apr 22, 2010 2:37 PM

Jan 2010
HawthorneKitty said:

I thought his defense was absolute when he had bijuu in him...

Ryoujin said:
And I thought I would see some kyuubi-mode action :/

Same here... Well as Naruto doesn't want to use him all we got was some futon action (which supposedly he's not allowed to do it if he doesn't want to endanger his life).

Anyway, this movie is better than the previous one, I quite enjoyed it.
Apr 22, 2010 2:41 PM

Jan 2010
Well not bad though, NO Sausgay = GREAT never better... actually the movie was desent not bad i will score it 6/10. :D
Apr 22, 2010 4:41 PM

Oct 2009
Dammit, I cried when they showed that Asuma flashback. ;_; And then again when he appeared later. Was not expecting that. But it was nice to see him in the movie. xD

I like how all the characters got some screentime in this movie, instead of like usual where it's only naruto, sakura, and a few others. I couldn't help but notice how useless Ino was. even in a movie she can't do anything cool e_e

There was a lot of nice action too. And Hiruko looked super creepy at the end.

The end made me LOL.
Apr 22, 2010 4:43 PM

Aug 2008
That was..awesome! The fights were even more Awesome. Hiruko jumping around and Raikiring all the Naruto clones was so badass. And the Kaiten + Omote Renge combo was pretty sick

Apr 22, 2010 4:55 PM

Mar 2010
Best Naruto movie ever hands down. Awesome it contains all of the Konoha 12 (akamaru is the twelve) kicking ass minus Ino. Team Kurenai/Team Guy Kickin major ass out of 1 and 2 / 123 fusion. That Rasenshuriken was Rasengan ever.
KantonKageXApr 22, 2010 6:45 PM
Apr 22, 2010 5:49 PM

Jul 2008
loved the ending of this movie, kakashi's preference, roflmao. also loved that naruto used the rasen shuriken
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 22, 2010 6:17 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
This movie is great. I like the references to Obito and Asuma in this anime.

Apr 22, 2010 6:33 PM

May 2008
This was really good.
Apr 22, 2010 8:07 PM
Mar 2009
Ok, As glad as I am that it wasn't resolved with only a single Rasengan, this movie pissed me off seven ways from Sunday. The overquotations were annoying, I mean, they repeated the same lines over and over and over again, it was fucking annoying, they implied Kakashi was gay, there was a lack of good dialogue and storytelling, but the worst thing, despite it's coolness, was this:

I MEAN WHAT THE FUCK ANIMATORS! NARUTO'S NOT ALLOWED TO USE THAT ANYMORE, REMEMBER? HE DOESN'T GET TO USE THAT COS IT HURTS HIM AND COULD STOP HIM BEING A NINJA! AND YET HE USES IT AT CLOSE RANGE AND HIS ARM DOESN'T GET SHREDDED LIKE LAST TIME AND NO ONE CALLS HIM UP ON THAT! THE FUCK!

Apr 22, 2010 8:22 PM

Oct 2008
chinlamp said:
I MEAN WHAT THE FUCK ANIMATORS! NARUTO'S NOT ALLOWED TO USE THAT ANYMORE, REMEMBER? HE DOESN'T GET TO USE THAT COS IT HURTS HIM AND COULD STOP HIM BEING A NINJA! AND YET HE USES IT AT CLOSE RANGE AND HIS ARM DOESN'T GET SHREDDED LIKE LAST TIME AND NO ONE CALLS HIM UP ON THAT! THE FUCK!

While you're not wrong by pointing that out, this movie like all the other Naruto movies don't really have anything to do with the main plot and are merely meant as a popcorn flick to entertain people who love the show and then some. It gives Naruto an opportunity to unleash his badassery even if his badassery is suppose to be restricted. I mean it's the same thing with other Shonene titles. Bleach, Dragonball Z, Digimon, Pokemon, Case Closed, Inuyasha, One Piece, etc.
Apr 22, 2010 8:33 PM
Oct 2007
Well, they did a lot of stupid things..

Um, ok Naruto has insane amount of chakra, we all know that~ but.. that was absurd

HawthorneKitty said:

There have been many times when his defense was penetrated - rasengan is at least the same power as chidori - So, smashing through his "ball" is reasonable.
Wait, when did Naruto develop high speed movements? Guess, I missed that part. Then again, Gaara was fighting seriously anyways :)

Ok, rasen-shurikan.. is it because it's S+ class and higher technique that it couldn't be "absorbed"?

I enjoyed Tenten being actually useful; I laugh at how useless Ino is.

Ok, Hiruko the ending. How he had no friends~ I suppose the 3 little goonies were just with Hiruko for shits and giggles right?

-Overall 7~
Because, hey.. it's an anime movie after all. How good does it really have to be? Kishimoto was just trying to get this "life lesson" across :)
Apr 22, 2010 9:33 PM

Mar 2010
Joshy85 said:
Ok, Hiruko the ending. How he had no friends~ I suppose the 3 little goonies were just with Hiruko for shits and giggles right?

Yea, but 1,2 and 3 was too busy being smothered by explosive tags so they don't count. plus, he was using them.
KantonKageXApr 22, 2010 9:55 PM
Apr 23, 2010 3:50 AM

Jan 2009
Hypeathon said:
chinlamp said:

While you're not wrong by pointing that out, this movie like all the other Naruto movies don't really have anything to do with the main plot and are merely meant as a popcorn flick to entertain people who love the show and then some. It gives Naruto an opportunity to unleash his badassery even if his badassery is suppose to be restricted. I mean it's the same thing with other Shonene titles. Bleach, Dragonball Z, Digimon, Pokemon, Case Closed, Inuyasha, One Piece, etc.

agreed thats what the naruto movies are for iit gives them all the opportunity to be badasses for once

i hope movie 4 will feature sage mode already lol and make the 4th hokage jaw dropped
Apr 23, 2010 6:00 AM

Apr 2010
spineslayer said:

HEY NO SASUKE RULES MAN
Apr 23, 2010 6:43 AM

Jan 2010
Funny ending.Kakashi is gay??lol ^^
That's all i can say ;)
Apr 23, 2010 12:13 PM

Jul 2009
When I saw Jiraya I was like: "WTF!? Isn't he...". Then I remembered the movie was launched almost an year ago :|

Apr 23, 2010 1:01 PM

May 2009
It's probably the best Naruto movie yet; that's not saying much though, but it was fine. I was bored through the first half, but the animation and fights in the second half of the movie were nice.

The ending was weird, with that random joke.
Apr 23, 2010 2:22 PM

May 2008
This movie was pretty decent. The story wasn't that bad and also it's fights were the best of the all Naruto movies so far. At least everybody got a little screentime to show their skills, even Gaara which I really aprechiate. I liked how they all worked together it was epic. :D
Maybe it worth a 8/10
Apr 23, 2010 3:01 PM

Jul 2008
disappointed - 6/10
Cons:
- I felt like they ->tried<- too give an impact based on Obito`s quote. But each time they other characters said it, i just didn`t feel any weight/emotion behind it. Like the producers just tought the quote/words itself was enough... =/
- Also think the art got a backdrop, difficult too explain, but that`s just me.
- no rage mode from naruto (either IN kuuyb formi or just by himself)
- What`s up with all the monsters -_- I tought they were fighting ninjas...

Pros:
- All the characters getting together again =)
- Fight between Gaara & Naruto
- Ending joke with Kakashi

Extra: Why can`t they just make a movie based on a regular mission with Naruto & Sakura and maybe *some* of the supporting cast (Hinata, Shikamaru etc)
Almost like the first movie & third movie was.
Apr 23, 2010 6:53 PM

Nov 2007
This was an okayish movie. I liked that rasen shuriken near the end.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Apr 23, 2010 8:31 PM

Jun 2007
Wait....Naruto can drop atomic bombs now? wtf. That had to be the most exaggerated attack they've ever used in any of the Naruto movies. He literally dropped a nuke on the enemy...only without the harmful side effects.

The movie over all was good though. The fights where interesting because we got to see characters other then Naruto, Sasuke, Sai, and Sakura fighting. Tenten specifically had some major air time in this movie. Some of her attacks where crazy ass.
Apr 23, 2010 11:45 PM

Sep 2008
The two highlights of the movie were Hinata and Neji double teaming the chimera monster and, sadly, the gay joke at the end. Did Naruto finally kill a guy???? O.o
MagicWookieApr 24, 2010 9:56 PM
Apr 24, 2010 12:40 AM

Jul 2008
So many plotline inconsistencies in this movie.

So first the guy absorbs bloodline techniques and so war gets declared on the Leaf?

2. First Naruto and Sakura don't have cloaks when they go after Kakashi and then magically appear halfway up the mountain(when they face dog lady).

3. They stopped for a night to rest and magically fixed the bells? When was that?

4. So Hiruko could stop all ninja techniques, but magically couldn't stop the Rasen Shuriken?

5. The Rasen Shuriken that cripples Naruto's arm each time he uses it and had Naruto in an arm cast for at least a week last time he used it cause no injury this time?

The action was great in the movie, but the story had so much inconsistency, EVEN for a shounen stand alone movie.
Apr 24, 2010 1:46 AM

Sep 2009
No Sasuke? =lame
will of fire?=lame as patriotism
Sai-tard implied NaruSaku?= wtf is wrong with creators? Are they idiots?
Apr 24, 2010 2:40 AM

May 2008
MagicWookie said:
The two highlights of the movie were Hinata and Negi double teaming the chimera monster

Agreed, that was the winning point to me :D
Apr 24, 2010 7:32 AM

Aug 2008
Another failure of a movie... That being said, it was probably the second best Naruto one - but that doesn't say much when it is being compared to complete trash.
Apr 24, 2010 8:57 AM

Oct 2007
Guess I'm the only who think these movies are getting worse and worse and this one being pretty crap. Sure the fights were good but the reasoning behind them was crap, as was the production values, which certain isn't at the level of an animated movie.

The was just so much wrong with the movie like: how Naruto was able to create Rasengans without the aid of a clone & why Naruto use the Fuuton Rasengan Shuuriken at the end and wasn't left crippled?

Oh well, I didn't expect much from it any it helped kill off an hr & a half. ^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2010 9:01 AM

Feb 2008
It was ok.
Nothing more then ok.
Apr 24, 2010 9:36 AM

Oct 2008
All the lameness aside, it was a pretty good movie i think.

Gaara should be made the main character and Shino is THE sickest ninja!!!
Apr 24, 2010 10:30 AM

Mar 2008
It was alright but nothing special. Could have gone without them hitting with the same lines over and over again. Yes we get the scum thing and protecting and all that. No need to continue burying us in it just because you have no other ideas for dialogue.
Apr 24, 2010 4:22 PM

Jul 2008
WolfWood37 said:
So many plotline inconsistencies in this movie.
2. First Naruto and Sakura don't have cloaks when they go after Kakashi and then magically appear halfway up the mountain(when they face dog lady)
3. They stopped for a night to rest and magically fixed the bells? When was that?
4. So Hiruko could stop all ninja techniques, but magically couldn't stop the Rasen Shuriken?
5. The Rasen Shuriken that cripples Naruto's arm each time he uses it and had Naruto in an arm cast for at least a week last time he used it cause no injury this time?

2: I totally saw that too xD That was so obvious and stupid...
3: We did see a flashback, when he fixed the bell.
4: Yes, Hiruko`s dark jutsu technique couldn`t absorb it.
5. yes, wierd ain`t it. =P
Apr 24, 2010 6:04 PM

Jun 2009
the epitome of team work
neji + hinata combo=awesome!
Apr 24, 2010 6:48 PM

Jul 2009
Rasenshurken is a fusion of two form of ninjutsus that no one else BUT Naruto can do. It's the highest of all high, the supreme of all sumpremes, the alpha and the omega. That's how great naruto is.

As for the movie, 7.499/8. But, they didn't round my report card average, so I won't round this. Haha.
Apr 26, 2010 5:07 AM

Nov 2009
Best anime movie i ever seen!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Speculating "Hi no Ishi wo Tsugu Mono"

Yankowich - Jun 9, 2009

8 by HornyCorny »»
Jul 24, 2011 6:49 PM

» Who will sub this in 1080p

TheRealNeji - Apr 23, 2010

2 by Georesa »»
May 15, 2010 7:34 PM

» When will this be subbed?

RustiX - Feb 18, 2010

17 by aksdldew3 »»
Apr 22, 2010 9:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.