Forum Settings
Forums

'Yofukashi no Uta' Reveals Additional Cast, Staff, First Promo

New
Jun 8, 2022 9:18 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The official website of the television anime adaptation of Kotoyama's Yofukashi no Uta (Call of the Night) manga revealed on Thursday additional cast, staff, theme songs, and first promotional video. The anime series is scheduled to premiere on July 8 at 12:55 a.m. on Fuji TV's noitaminA programming block.

Cast
Mahiru Seki: Kensho Ono (ReLIFE)
Akihito Akiyama: Hiroyuki Yoshino (Spy x Family)
Kiyosumi Shirakawa: Youko Hikasa (Summertime Render)

Staff
Art Design: Shinji Sugiyama (Harukana Receive)
Art Director: Norihiko Yokomatsu (Godzilla: S.P)
Color Design: Izumi Takizawa (3-gatsu no Lion)
Color Design Assistant: Asami Kitsukawa (Kotarou wa Hitorigurashi color design)
Director of Photography: Yuuki Tsuchimoto (Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari photography)
Editing: Misaki Enokida (D4DJ: First Mix)
Sound Director: Eriko Kimura (Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na!)

Hip-hop unit Creepy Nuts is performing the opening and ending themes, titled "Daten" and "Yofukashi no Uta," respectively. The opening theme is previewed in the promotional video below.

Tomoyuki Itamura (Vanitas no Karte) directs anime with chief director Tetsuya Miyanishi (3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season episode director) at LIDENFILMS. Michiko Yokote (Jahy-sama wa Kujikenai!) is penning the script and Haruka Sagawa (Dounika Naru Hibi) is designing the characters. Yoshiaki Dewa (Shiroi Suna no Aquatope) is composing the music.

Kotoyama began the supernatural romance manga in Weekly Shounen Sunday in August 2019, a year and four months after concluding Dagashi Kashi in the same magazine. Shogakukan published the tenth volume on February 18, while the 11th volume is scheduled to ship on June 17.

VIZ Media licensed the manga in English last July and shipped the seventh volume on April 12. The eighth volume is planned for a June 14 release.

PV

Source: animate Times
DatRandomDudeJun 8, 2022 10:35 AM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jun 8, 2022 9:34 AM
Mar 2022
Guess this is where Shaft's staffs left, and it looks fucking amazing. Even a fucking a head tilt lmao.

Looks like the Anime of the Season already.
Jun 8, 2022 9:35 AM

May 2019
pretty excited for this, it looks like its gonna be an amazing adaptation
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Jun 8, 2022 9:37 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
So far everything is looking pretty good
Jun 8, 2022 10:03 AM
Jul 2017
People were complaining about LIDENFILMS doing Insomniacs after school, yet this is also being done by LIDENFILMS lol. Both shows look great so far. People need to realize it’s never really the studio that matters but the staff behind it.
Jun 8, 2022 10:23 AM
Mar 2022
Phlaryx said:
People were complaining about LIDENFILMS doing Insomniacs after school, yet this is also being done by LIDENFILMS lol. Both shows look great so far. People need to realize it’s never really the studio that matters but the staff behind it.
I mean most of their stuffs doesn't even look that good and so far they're planning to do 10+ shows a year
Jun 8, 2022 10:28 AM

Mar 2021
This new pv looks amazing, I’m so excited for this adaptation!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2022 12:34 PM

Aug 2013
Already super hyped for the soundtrack. Can't wait till it drops!
Jun 8, 2022 2:17 PM
Aug 2019
I will patiently for this.
Jun 8, 2022 5:33 PM

Jul 2021
I really like the presentation, may enjoy the anime medium more than the manga depending on the final outcome
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jun 8, 2022 8:35 PM
Aug 2021
wowowowowowowow
Jun 9, 2022 2:12 AM

Oct 2017
Looks neat and that blood sucking at the end.
Jun 12, 2022 9:23 AM

Jul 2019
I don't know much about the work, I'll give the anime a chance. On the internet manga is very popular.
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Jun 12, 2022 9:27 AM

Apr 2020
I binge read the manga in 2 and a half days when I stumbled upon it (about 104 chapters at the time). Definitely going to check this out when it comes.

Only thing I'm a bit worried is how the pacing is going to be, as even in the manga it can be a bit wonky.
Jun 15, 2022 9:28 AM

Feb 2022
Do you think Sentai will do a dub of this one? Do they always dub their properties or do some only have subtitles?

More topics from this board

» 'Diamond no Ace: Act II' TV Anime Sequel in Production

Vindstot - May 18

20 by tinker3bellz1 »»
5 hours ago

» Kinema Citrus Announces 'Sayonara Lara', 'Ninja Skooler' Original Anime

DatRandomDude - May 18

15 by Tiyuen210 »»
6 hours ago

» 'Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made' Announces Additional Cast, Ending Theme

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by aishbrook »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Hanazakari no Kimitachi e' Gets Anime

DatRandomDude - May 14

42 by mokkocchi »»
7 hours ago

» 'Zatsu Tabi: That's Journey' Reveals Main Cast, Staff, Teaser Promo for 2025

Hyperion_PS - May 15

3 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 3:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.