Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 8, 2022 1:30 AM
Sep 2021
Seriously though, I'm not a huge Date A live fan. I don't seem to care a lot about it, but am I the only person that dislikes Kurumi? I honestly dislike her mostly because of her overrepresentation by the community. She's so overrated. However, the real reason I dislike her is mostly because I find her kinda lame. She just looks like a typical anime girl that tries to be a yandere at times and she just gets in the way at times as well. I don't find anything attractive about her. I honestly find the other girls more attractive and way better. Tohka and Yoshino are mostly my favs. She also tries to kill Shido which is another reason I seem to dislike her. All that talk aside, is there anyone else that doesn't like her and find some of the others better? I tend to get tired of people stanning this character and thinking she's the best and forget that the other characters existed.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 8, 2022 1:41 AM
Nov 2020
KanekiKen523 said:
Seriously though, I'm not a huge Date A live fan. I don't seem to care a lot about it, but am I the only person that dislikes Kurumi? I honestly dislike her mostly because of her overrepresentation by the community. She's so overrated. However, the real reason I dislike her is mostly because I find her kinda lame. She just looks like a typical anime girl that tries to be a yandere at times and she just gets in the way at times as well. I don't find anything attractive about her. I honestly find the other girls more attractive and way better. Tohka and Yoshino are mostly my favs. She also tries to kill Shido which is another reason I seem to dislike her. All that talk aside, is there anyone else that doesn't like her and find some of the others better? I tend to get tired of people stanning this character and thinking she's the best and forget that the other characters existed.

yes, I think.........
Jun 8, 2022 1:42 AM
Dec 2021
YES imo (15 characters)
Jun 8, 2022 1:42 AM
Jul 2020
Yes, you are… xd
Jun 8, 2022 1:44 AM

May 2020
Yes,

Yes,

Yes,

Its just you.

Lets go my fellow clones!!!

We cant allow this slander!!!
Hitagi__FurudeJun 8, 2022 1:50 AM
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Jun 8, 2022 1:44 AM

Nov 2021
Tl;Dr : Yes, you are the one and only.

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Jun 8, 2022 1:46 AM
Aug 2021
M-Mayuri a-and M-Mukuro b-bwetter yw

But who doesn’t like her Ara Ara?
StaciasJun 8, 2022 1:49 AM
Jun 8, 2022 1:48 AM
Jul 2021
They are coming man! Run!!
Jun 8, 2022 1:48 AM

Oct 2021
Yes you're the only one

Although origami > kurumi
Jun 8, 2022 1:50 AM
Dec 2021
You are the only one. I will not attack you for having a wrong opinion, but I will just tell you that she is a very important character in the story.
Jun 8, 2022 1:55 AM
Jul 2021
I like all the characters
Jun 8, 2022 1:58 AM

Jun 2021
Yes, you're the only one...also Kurumi Tokisaki alone >> KnY
Jun 8, 2022 1:59 AM
May 2021
yes you are the one and only one in the world who don't like kurumi
Jun 8, 2022 2:01 AM
May 2019
Well I don't dislike her but I agree that she is extremely overrated
Jun 8, 2022 2:27 AM
Apr 2021
Yes you are, youre the sole one
Jun 8, 2022 2:31 AM
Sep 2021
KanekiKen523 said:

Almost all "am I the only one" Questions generally get a NO, but sorry not this one...you're the only one yes.
_cybersadist_ said:
Yes, you're the only one...also Kurumi Tokisaki alone >> KnY

Not just KnY she's better than Tokyo Ghoul too considering the fact that OP has only watched the anime (not the manga though)
Jun 8, 2022 2:33 AM
Aug 2021
NO YOU ARE NOT ALONE I STAND WITH YOU, STAY STRONG BROTHER
Jun 8, 2022 2:35 AM
Aug 2021
Well, contrary to what everyone is saying, you’re not the only one. We are the minority, though
Jun 8, 2022 2:50 AM
Dec 2018
Yes, you are the only one.
Jun 8, 2022 2:51 AM
Aug 2020
KanekiKen523 said:

yeah, you are.....

No problem, I acknowledge people like you tho.
Jun 8, 2022 3:13 AM
May 2022
kaneki nick and pfp = opinion invalid and not reading all of that
She is not overrated cry about it
Jun 8, 2022 3:29 AM

Jul 2015
Well, you are the only one because everything you wrote is just wrong.
Date a Live is one of the very few harems, where the subject of who is the best girl is not really up go debate.
Kurumi singlehandedly carries the show and without her this whole show would be just a generic, forgettable trash and nobody would even talk about it.

Jun 8, 2022 3:38 AM
Feb 2021
Don't worry, you are not the only one, I also dislike her
Jun 8, 2022 3:52 AM
Feb 2022
i like all of them there are interesting to say the list
Jun 8, 2022 4:58 AM

Sep 2020
I like how you have a Ken Kaneki profile picture while you dislike Kurumi.

They are very similar characters…
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2022 5:22 AM
Feb 2021
yes bro you are the only one 👍
Jun 8, 2022 5:23 AM
May 2022
Yes, you are bro. Imao She's the most compelling character, and does most of the show, imo.
Jun 8, 2022 5:49 AM
Apr 2022
Sorry bro but I think that you are the only person who doesn't like kurumi 🤗
Jun 8, 2022 5:51 AM
Jan 2022
yes you are, kurumi on top
TacticalMiloFeb 26, 2023 6:22 AM
Jun 8, 2022 5:59 AM
Jun 2022
Yea you are lol…
Jun 8, 2022 6:01 AM
Jul 2021
Think of it this way, many people watched Date a Live, now think of how likely are you to be the only person to not like her. Using your brain is fun; you should try it sometime.
Jun 8, 2022 6:18 AM
Jul 2019
kurumi is literally the least cute and least interesting character of date a live
Jun 8, 2022 6:31 AM
Feb 2021
yes, you are. kurumi isn’t my favorite either, but i certainly don’t hate her. mayuri supremacy.
Jun 8, 2022 6:53 AM
May 2022
yes just little bit only
Jun 8, 2022 6:53 AM

May 2021
Pretty much any DAL girl is just a typical girl so that argument is pointless. In reality, she is the reason the show is even watched this much. She carries the franchise hard. There's a good reason why her OVA is the highest-rated DAL entry as far as the animated medium is concerned.

Jun 8, 2022 7:11 AM
Deez

Jul 2021
Short answer: yes. Longer answer: probably yes
Jun 8, 2022 8:34 AM
Dec 2021
yes you're the only one
Jun 8, 2022 9:26 AM
Dec 2019
Hey man! By any chance are you good at digging holes?………….aside from the one you just dug yourself into
Jun 8, 2022 10:03 AM
Apr 2022
kurumi great charchter but she not every thing
Jun 8, 2022 10:06 AM
Apr 2022
KanekiKen523 said:

i can understand why you may not think a character to be good but disliking is a different thing, even I think earn Yeager is a terrible protagonist but I don't hate him because the author wanted us to see him that way, arrogant, and reaching to conclusions fast, similarly whatever you said about kurumi is how the author wanted us to see her and she is not lame, sometimes a little different and childish but definitely not lame. As for your question , i think no you might not be the only one who dislikes her but yeah the people who dislike her are very very few.
Apr 2022
KanekiKen523 said:

you are alright i hated kurumi before i saw date a live

the thing that make me like date a live from ep 1 not kurumi but the story,plot, and charchters such as kotori and tohka

it's true that kurumi make this anime more excited but she isn't every thing

I get annoyed when I hear people say this series is nothing without Kurumi

another spirits are very good

The character that made me consider that date a live is best anime not kurumi but isaac westcott
Because, in my opinion, is the greatest villain in the anime world

Apr 2021
Kurumi is one of the few good things about DAL
I love Monogatari Series
Jun 8, 2022 10:12 AM
Mar 2022
yes i think. (she is my favourite girl.)
Jun 8, 2022 10:40 AM
Mar 2021
KanekiKen523 said:

I can relate myself with you, I'm not a Huge Kurumi fan either. I don't especially dislike her but I really don't get why the fans overrate her sm.. and I'm happy to hear you saying you find Tohka and Yoshino more likeable. I love my Tohka, like she's the Best girl for me. She and many other Date a Live girls are better than Kurumi imo. and my reason of why I like Tohka, she's way more cute, innocent, foodie and over all the girls, she cares about Shido the most. Anyways, Everyone have their own taste

another unpopular opinion about Kurumi:

Just in Appearance, Kurumi in Highschool Uniform>>>>Her Spirit Outfit
Krish_KetchumJun 8, 2022 10:46 AM
Jun 8, 2022 11:07 AM
Jun 2021
It's just you lol😐😐😐
Jun 8, 2022 1:13 PM
Dec 2020
is she the crazy, evil one with the gun? yeah, I don't like her either. tokha was my favorite.
Jun 8, 2022 1:15 PM
Jul 2018
No she's overrated af. She's only popular because of her twisted personality and gothic colour scheme which makes her prime material for yandere-fetishizers.
Jun 8, 2022 1:16 PM
Mar 2022
KanekiKen523 said:

yoshino is a literal child
Jun 8, 2022 1:55 PM
Feb 2022
Ok i do like Kurumi bit one i find overrated is Origami i absolutely dont like Origami she annoys me bout the way she is, i like Natsumi a lot i think she gets overseen and doent get talked about a lot i dind that a shame!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2013

205 by winddevil1 »»
May 11, 3:50 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2013

275 by WolfManZylo »»
May 9, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

323 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 5, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2013

182 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 5, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2013

175 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 5, 5:22 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.