Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 7, 2022 1:30 PM
Jul 2018
Why does every shoujo anime have such prick male characters that always have some family issue . Regardless i found kou annoying his whole character is edgy and don’t bother me cause i lost my mom like get over it a couple of years passed also he he needs a personality .
Jun 7, 2022 1:48 PM
Jan 2021
Yep, that’s all shoujo for you. I didn’t think that kind of character was as bad comparatively to other shoujo.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Jun 7, 2022 1:52 PM
Jan 2021
umm no like he went through a traumatizing experience and he had to hold that guilt by himself and losing a mother hurts but he is annoying sometimes but that fits with futaba and it works out
Jun 7, 2022 1:58 PM
Jun 2021
emmamilaselah said:
umm no like he went through a traumatizing experience and he had to hold that guilt by himself and losing a mother hurts but he is annoying sometimes but that fits with futaba and it works out

oh yea he's weirdly annoying. atleast in other shoujo anime's they're not usually unbearable, but its like he's tryna be the attention seeking kid. you'll get used to it soon enough ig
Jun 7, 2022 2:57 PM
Jun 2021
Honestly if you read the manga, the way he is towards others makes sense and could be justifiable. I personally love his character traits
Jun 7, 2022 3:08 PM
Jun 2021
this is gonna sound really horrible but he just needs to get over it. like your mom isn’t coming back try to move on without yk being suicidal and extremely edgy
Jun 7, 2022 3:43 PM
Oct 2021
this is a near perfect coming-of-age story (if you read the manga) and part of it for lots of people learning how to not be annoying. that aside, i feel like his annoyingness is very much justified. the anime leaves to much unfinished, it's better to read the manga
Jun 7, 2022 3:47 PM
Jul 2018
nah fr he was so mean 2 futaba he would get no bitches irl
Jun 7, 2022 4:03 PM
Sep 2021
What y’all find annoying about Kou?
Jun 7, 2022 4:09 PM
Feb 2020
Khurrum_ said:

he sucks, too edgy and bitchy 👎
Jun 7, 2022 5:09 PM
Jan 2019
I'm on both sides about this. I dig shoujo alot alot.

When I started this anime last year I it immediately put me off and I stopped.

Yes kou has trauma and he's hurting and going through something very real very triggering. But ya know so are also characters and people in general.

I do not by any means want to invalidate anyones trauma anywhere. Please know that. Incase my input is misinterpreted as insensitive.

Kou dead ass is the reason I dropped this anime so quick. I couldn't tolerate his behaviour, actions, attitude or his gloomy side. We handle pain very differently this much is obvious, however no amount of pain can or should justify being a grade A jackass towards innocent and not so innocent people alike.

I felt a bad for futaba cause this guys just very insensitive and aggressive with/towards her and for what? Cause he's grieving? Cause he can't see beyond his pain even if just a little?

Nah bruh you can't be an ass like that to anyone who cares about you. I mean technically you can be an ass but you have no right. Why hurt others when you know how damn painful emotions can be ? I imagine (even if it's just ideally) that because you're hurting so bad, you atleast wouldn't put someone else through that too because it's so shit. Makes sense??

We acknowledge his trauma absolutely. But we can't allow it to justify his annoying and rude actions towards anyone. Think of others dude...jeez.

Sorry I may have gunned for the other side a little too harder than I meant to. Lol if someone actually reads this whole thing. You my friend are dope.

This anime is so adored and romanticized by too many viewers ( atleast I believe so). Not cute it's harsh. I think I finished it just for the sake of it. Wasn't impressed. Male characters like that are....

Okay I'll stop now. I can respect peepz opinions and I hope others could respect mine too. Awe
Jun 7, 2022 5:11 PM
Jan 2019
ryuuzxx said:
Khurrum_ said:

he sucks, too edgy and bitchy 👎

Yeah that too.......
Jun 7, 2022 6:34 PM

Dec 2020
noo fr😭😭 typical shoujo mysterious cool ml ugh. i feel like he's a lot better in the manga so maybe ill read that to give him a chance to redeem himself..
Jun 7, 2022 6:39 PM

Dec 2019
Countless Shoujo has the typical tsundere MC with a fucked up past—and expectedly, their character design is drawn with “hot edgy 2010s” style so they can compete with the female protagonist.

Kou is a bad example of this stereotypical character, especially in the anime (he probably develops in the manga but cba reading it since the anime makes him a turn-off).
A greater example of this stereotypical character is Chika from “Kono Oto Tomare” (highly recommend, especially the manga), won’t spoil but he actually develops and his actions are justified.
Jun 7, 2022 7:01 PM
Aug 2021
So many motherless childs in this forum..who dont know about the pain of losing a mother....Huh
MAL again
Jun 7, 2022 7:11 PM

Jul 2021
Well for once in a while we gotta have people who are represented as annoying as Kou, well he pisses me off in the manga after the anime for more rivalry, misunderstanding, and distancing between him with Futaba type of reasoning, so sure he's one tough guy to handle and takes a while to step in (though gradually as the story progresses he starts to overcome it) but the least to defend his character is all the traumatizing past life he had to go through from some familial issues and some people can't move on from that because they're the important part of your own life too so it kinda takes a while, well too much for Kou but it is what it is for his rather characterization.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jun 7, 2022 7:14 PM
Aug 2021
The user above me is completely correct.
StaciasJun 7, 2022 8:14 PM
Jun 7, 2022 7:22 PM

Apr 2020
I get where you're coming from, he had grief he needed to get rid of but he just seems so emotionless all the time I don't really like him, but then again I'm never a big of fan or edgy shoujo characters
Jun 7, 2022 7:35 PM
Feb 2021
The audacity to wipe the lipstick off of her🙄 he’s literally the worst. On the other hand, the mc is so much more interesting but don’t get the same recognition. Well the only annoying side of her is how she chose the guy but that’s a given ig. He is shit and that’s one thing. The most problematic is the fanbase. how could you simp for a piece of garbage gosh
Jun 7, 2022 7:36 PM
Feb 2021
nearly 5k for what? people are more problematic than him ig. Not only is he toxic but his damn personality is so BLAND
Jun 7, 2022 8:03 PM
Mar 2021
In terms of characters I prefer mafuyu satou than kou,both have grieve but mafuyu stronger and know there a light after tunnel not like this guy which he gets supporting from pretty girl but still feel alone ffs.
Jun 7, 2022 9:31 PM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
besosondos said:
Honestly if you read the manga, the way he is towards others makes sense and could be justifiable. I personally love his character traits

i have read it but i think he's is a very miserable kinda human but atleast he suits Futaba so yesh all good.

it's a cruel world out there
Jun 8, 2022 1:11 AM
Aug 2021
100% agree. With how his father and brother treated him (which is relatively nicely in my opinion), he shouldn't be as obnoxious. Somehow, just somehow it feels like he's victimizing himself but deep down he knows he's not the victim and that he just enjoys his sorrows and getting everyone's sympathy.

If you want to check a shojo manga with traumatized male lead, yet still turns out to be a good person, you might want to check Kimi ni Todoke or Toradora
Jun 8, 2022 4:58 AM
May 2021
LMAO I thought I was the only one. couldnt stand him throughout the entirety of the show
Jun 8, 2022 7:13 AM
Aug 2020
this anime is overrated when i finished it i finally relieved that it's over it just like orange
Jun 8, 2022 8:27 AM
Jul 2021
Khurrum_ said:

The unnecessarily excessive cold shoulder he gives to Futaba pisses me off, in the anime & manga more particularly (as he rejects her once). Somehow it seems he passively shoves the accusations of his personal problems on her. Like she deserves the world the pure sweet feelings she hold for him & we know so do you, Can’t you answer them more properly?🤧 (tw just an opinion, yours can be different)
Jun 8, 2022 9:56 AM
Oct 2021
Pru112 said:
emmamilaselah said:

oh yea he's weirdly annoying. atleast in other shoujo anime's they're not usually unbearable, but its like he's tryna be the attention seeking kid. you'll get used to it soon enough ig

yeah. ..i agree with u ....and even when he had the chance to be with futaba ...he didn't because of a very stupid reason of his own ..he is kind of a lost in feeling person
Jun 8, 2022 3:27 PM
Mar 2021
4zures said:
nah fr he was so mean 2 futaba he would get no bitches irl

yea bro you should teach him how to act. u prob have tons of bitches dont you
Jun 8, 2022 6:17 PM
Sep 2015
You're not wrong if I had a daughter and her crush acted like that imma put her on love Island myself
Jun 8, 2022 6:41 PM
Mar 2019
MK17_2 said:

Yes kou has trauma and he's hurting and going through something very real very triggering. But ya know so are also characters and people in general.

I do not by any means want to invalidate anyones trauma anywhere. Please know that. Incase my input is misinterpreted as insensitive.

Kou dead ass is the reason I dropped this anime so quick. I couldn't tolerate his behaviour, actions, attitude or his gloomy side. We handle pain very differently this much is obvious, however no amount of pain can or should justify being a grade A jackass towards innocent and not so innocent people alike.

I felt a bad for futaba cause this guys just very insensitive and aggressive with/towards her and for what? Cause he's grieving? Cause he can't see beyond his pain even if just a little?

Nah bruh you can't be an ass like that to anyone who cares about you. I mean technically you can be an ass but you have no right. Why hurt others when you know how damn painful emotions can be ? I imagine (even if it's just ideally) that because you're hurting so bad, you atleast wouldn't put someone else through that too because it's so shit. Makes sense??

We acknowledge his trauma absolutely. But we can't allow it to justify his annoying and rude actions towards anyone. Think of others dude...jeez.

Sorry I may have gunned for the other side a little too harder than I meant to. Lol if someone actually reads this whole thing. You my friend are dope.

This anime is so adored and romanticized by too many viewers ( atleast I believe so). Not cute it's harsh. I think I finished it just for the sake of it. Wasn't impressed. Male characters like that are....

Okay I'll stop now. I can respect peepz opinions and I hope others could respect mine too. Awe

I saw the anime some years ago and I couldn't remember what was wrong about him, then I read your comment and my memory woke up XD
He was really rude with the ones who loved him, that sucks and yeah he should just get over it, I hate people who get all the attention in life because they passed through something painful, I mean everyone does, but using it to make the victim roleplay is kinda comfortable for him, I think he's just used to it..
Anyway without his whole personality, the anime wouldn't be so heartbroken I guess, I think it's supposed to feel pity for him, not the case but if you did felt it, the anime was really beautiful and heartbroken
Jun 9, 2022 8:35 AM
Apr 2022
MK17_2 said:

💯 agree to this.
Jun 26, 2022 8:16 AM
Jul 2019
Nah he's such a great guy, maybe he isn't for you but I love how he depicts real trauma symptoms. His growth is beautiful and touch my heard. Read the manga multiple times too and really related to him, boy was downbad for her and deadass flirted with her the whole time.

Don't see an issue y'all have with his attitude either, he's grieving, saw his mom slowly die obviously that will affect him, doesn't think he deserved to smile or to be happy and loved. Overall he's just calm, depressed and often says things he doesn't mean that shows he isn't perfect, makes mistakea and flawed. It leaves room for growth, development probably why I enjoy him more than most other Shojo MLs. They're always happy, always smiling with no depth, growth or flaws, the picture perfect dreamy guy which doesn't exist in real life.
lov3lymjJun 26, 2022 8:23 AM
Sep 3, 2022 2:44 PM

Sep 2020
Yes I agree completely, I didn't like him at all

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2014

296 by Kotori-chama »»
Apr 13, 8:47 AM

» Season 2?

Roni1703 - Apr 3

27 by v4lerria_a »»
Apr 5, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2014

377 by Fenyy »»
Feb 23, 1:25 PM

» What do you think of the anime?

7ohan - Nov 11, 2023

24 by earthborn »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2014

156 by n0t_4dy »»
Oct 30, 2023 2:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.