Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 30, 2022 5:08 AM

Jun 2012
One of the 1st Anime I actually finished, if not the 1st tbh. Wish the creator didn't die (R.I.P). Cause, I think with another season this could've been a pretty decent series. I don't remember too much about it even though I've watched it like 5 times. Since the last time I watched it was a long ass time ago. Did we ever figure out why there was zombies? Or did it say in the manga?

Honestly, this anime still remains as 1 of the most unique anime considering I don't think there's actually any original zombie anime. Which is weird since zombies were incredibly popular in tv series/movies. But I guess it's just a Western thing.

Not really surprised at all that this is the 69th most popular anime either. I think it's because it's on netflix or was and that's how a lot of people got into anime (like me).
May 30, 2022 5:22 AM
Feb 2022
i like this show it is funny stupid and whit no logic or understanding this show is just for fun
May 30, 2022 5:26 AM

Jul 2015
I actually wish this would never existed.

May 30, 2022 5:31 AM
Apr 2018
i wouldnt mind for a s2 even though manga didnt finish. i enjoyed this anime very much.
May 30, 2022 5:31 AM
Aug 2021
Sasora said:
One of the 1st Anime I actually finished, if not the 1st tbh. Wish the creator didn't die (R.I.P). Cause, I think with another season this could've been a pretty decent series. I don't remember too much about it even though I've watched it like 5 times. Since the last time I watched it was a long ass time ago. Did we ever figure out why there was zombies? Or did it say in the manga?

Honestly, this anime still remains as 1 of the most unique anime considering I don't think there's actually any original zombie anime. Which is weird since zombies were incredibly popular in tv series/movies. But I guess it's just a Western thing.

Not really surprised at all that this is the 69th most popular anime either. I think it's because it's on netflix or was and that's how a lot of people got into anime (like me).

Yeah same RIP honestly I really liked the way they were serious at some parts and still light hearted at others it was well balanced, also the fact that the story seemed to be set up to have a good plot line was nice but since there’s only one season it’s really up to personal opinion and speculation whether the series was going to be awesome or not. I don’t like people who claim it’s terrible because there’s not enough show to know yet. I wonder if there will ever be a studio that’ll pick it up? Or if they’ll let the work rest with the creator
May 30, 2022 5:32 AM
Jun 2021
How far ahead is the manga from the show?

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
May 30, 2022 5:35 AM
Jan 2020
I seriously recommend reading the manga after the anime. It started getting a lot more serious and fan service seemed more minimal than the anime. The author was setting some stuff up at the last chapter which is very sad as we will most likely never see how it plays out but regardless it got even better.
As Long as the Sun, the moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be alright.
May 30, 2022 5:50 AM

Feb 2022
I also wished that this anime would have got a sequel :(
May 30, 2022 6:01 AM
Mar 2021
EggoGBones said:
I seriously recommend reading the manga after the anime. It started getting a lot more serious and fan service seemed more minimal than the anime. The author was setting some stuff up at the last chapter which is very sad as we will most likely never see how it plays out but regardless it got even better.

Yup, the mange seriously was getting better and was ready to get into a new Phase.. but unfortunately it was not continued as you know.. I wish atleast they adapted until that police girl got involved.
May 30, 2022 6:28 AM

May 2021
Even god was offended
May 30, 2022 9:51 AM

Jun 2012
Kimochi_nae said:
Sasora said:

Yeah same RIP honestly I really liked the way they were serious at some parts and still light hearted at others it was well balanced, also the fact that the story seemed to be set up to have a good plot line was nice but since there’s only one season it’s really up to personal opinion and speculation whether the series was going to be awesome or not. I don’t like people who claim it’s terrible because there’s not enough show to know yet. I wonder if there will ever be a studio that’ll pick it up? Or if they’ll let the work rest with the creator

The creator died. That's why it was never finished.
May 30, 2022 10:02 AM
Aug 2021
Sasora said:
Kimochi_nae said:

The creator died. That's why it was never finished.
did you not read my post I know that bro
May 30, 2022 11:52 PM
Dec 2021
this is a dumpster fire.. I have rated it 5 but it wouldn't hurt me if there was a season 2
May 31, 2022 4:47 AM
Feb 2022
people blame it for fan service but I personally think it was done nicely, like it was needed in such a desperate situation... Well anyone have suggestions for animes like this...:
1) lil bit dark action
2) group of friends
3) some fanservice
??
May 31, 2022 9:40 AM
Apr 2020
i wish either we'd get another good real zombie anime or that shoji would change his mind and continue this alongside triage x
May 31, 2022 2:36 PM
Degenerate Queen

Jan 2022
The manga ends on a bit of a cliffhanger so I don't recommend reading it. One of the people who worked on this made another manga that is supposed to be the replacement for this from what I've heard. Anyway, just like Berserk, this is yet again another manga that will never get an ending due to the creator dying. Makes you a bit pissed off after seeing so many ungrateful morons complain that the volumes aren't coming out faster or that they shouldn't have to wait for more to come out. Remember, these are human beings writing these things and they are not incapable of getting sick and dying, so treat them better if you actually like their work and stop demanding they "hurry up".
May 31, 2022 2:58 PM
Degenerate Queen

Jan 2022
Also, there is School Live which did end if you want a "Walking Dead" style manga. I liked the anime but not so much the manga. However, you may like it. Otherwise, there isn't a lot of zombie anime from what I know.

Zombie anime/manga:
School Live - Anime and manga
Highschool of The Dead - Anime and manga
Kabaneri of The Iron Fortress - Anime and manga
Zombieland Saga (Kinda) - Anime and manga

And that's all I know. There are others with zombie main characters, as in they came back from the dead and the show will sometimes call them a zombie but they aren't zombies in any other way and there's no zombie apocalypse going on at all. I've heard some reasons as to why there aren't many zombie related media in Japan that had to do with respecting the dead, most bodies are not buried and I stead turned to ash, Japan has laws about gore on media, and ghosts are much more popular than zombies. Not sure which ones are true but Japan did censor quite a bit of Walking Dead gore from what I've heard.

More topics from this board

» Is Rei a virgin or did she lose it with Hisashi?

JusTFoRTroll - Jul 21, 2014

31 by subhamoy »»
Jun 5, 12:56 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 12, 2010

255 by greed2 »»
May 31, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FaithoftheFallen - Aug 8, 2010

491 by Blaybourne »»
May 20, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Jul 4, 2010

1365 by Ksooosavage »»
May 5, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Aug 29, 2010

542 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Apr 25, 11:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.