Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 27, 2022 12:13 PM

Jul 2017
Haruka Oikawa's Summer School continues into its 4th day, and the SS class of girls comes to the boys' class for practice. Of course, Miyako is part of the class as well to practice pas de deux with the boys, and the childhood friends play favourites while Junpei is partnered with this unassuming 6th-grader Natsuki, Ayako Oikawa's daughter.

Luou and Miyako's performance easily impresses like natural, and gives retrospect to Junpei about his style of making Miyako happy, rather than pure technique alone, which doesn't impress Natsuki in the slightest. And much like peas in a pod, Junpei sees himself in Natsuki, always training to strive for perfection.

While Miyako always looks forward to see Junpei, he has his new partner in his line of sight, and helps by not hindering and challenging Natsuki of her mantle. Yet, for all that effort, all Junpei earned was a slap that can be seen as such, but also filled with sentimental feeling that's in sync and spirit.

The "In-Disguise" Senpai really set the love triangle apart between Miyako and Junpei while dragging Luou out, limiting his chances of ever hoping that he would get along with the childhood friend (which always loses). And this is more apparent of their private time in the salon, and more so solidifying that the both of them are a couple with the push.

Man, this love triangle become 2 people and a dropout. The Shady Senpai went so far.
May 27, 2022 12:34 PM
Sep 2015
If Junpei can get a kissing experience just from Mr.Playboy-in-disguise's advice then I really wanna know what's the deepest experience Mr.Playboy-in-disguise get for himself. Considering they're all just in junior high level they're above average compare to many other anime where it's highschool level but no romantic action happened.
May 27, 2022 12:43 PM

Jul 2011
This episode was more exciting than I expected.

Was just one episode that we really begin to know about Natsuki, but I really like her. Her passion for ballet, and the flame in her eyes.

The last part development was just great. Not delaying the romance part, just being direct.

That smartphone case, I want one. Protect the phone well.
May 27, 2022 1:43 PM

Oct 2017
Jumpei’s pas de deux with Natsuki was super cool! And the way their classmates brought Jumpei and Misaki together and they confessed and did the ever-so-cliche kiss behind the book, how cute 🥰 wonder how luou will respond…
May 27, 2022 2:30 PM

Nov 2016
That Natsuki Oikawa out of all people would end up vibing with Jumpei's wildness is interesting to say the least(even tho you could see her reaction last episode as a little hint) Still surprised to find out that she's the daughter of a certain someone. The pressure to live up to expectations must be unbearable and someone unconventional like Jumpei can help her to take off her mind to enjoy ballet more than before. Aleady looking forward to see these two perform together

And wow, there was an even bigger surprise. Totally didn't expect that the Jumpei x Miyako ship would set sail with such intense tailwind. Now I almost feel bad for Luou.

A damn shame that this will only have 11 episodes for now. Seems like the ideal series for a double cour.
FMmatronMay 27, 2022 2:38 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 27, 2022 2:43 PM

Apr 2017
The confession/kissing scene was SUPERB. I love how confident Junpei was once the mood was set.
May 27, 2022 2:44 PM

Apr 2012
The good:

A kiss and confession scene BEFORE the end! Halleluja, that feels so fresh. Always hate it when anime keep this for the finale, as if people can't be in a relationship AND have adventure.

Also, the scene was super cute and well animated <3 It felt so real, reminded me of my own first kiss to some degree xD

Nice dancing scenes, and I loved the repeated joke about play-senpai lol

The Bad:

- pls dont have Luou become a total psycho now, just because a girl chose someone else. She's your cousin, dude ...
- dont talk about visible nipples when no nipples are visible lol
- don't talk about nipples when it's in the context of elementary schoolers
- how about no "ero" misunderstanding joke in context of an elementary school girl?

Ugh. Sometimes you're reminded that Japanese culture is still rather different. This was such an episode.

4 out of 5
If you haven't watched "Fantastic Children", don't talk about "best anime". Thank you.
May 27, 2022 2:54 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
An un-interrupted confession and kiss?? What alternate anime reality are we in??

Shinpei has got the girl, but Miyako will still probably be Luou's dancing partner, as Shinpei has probably found his compatible dancing partner in that of Natsuki.

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 27, 2022 3:09 PM
Nov 2016
Junpei's pas de deux with Natsuki was amazing, and the confession and kissing scene was beautiful too. The superb osts helped as well! :D

damn, I really love this series!!

FMmatron said:
A damn shame that this will only have 11 episodes for now. Seems like the ideal series for a double cour.

I need a season 2 and 3!! XD
For real, we need more DDD
May 27, 2022 3:11 PM

Aug 2021
The truth is surprising there if Miyako really corresponds to Junpei, let's say that she accepted at the moment and looked grateful, she had been showing that interest towards him since before but it seemed more out of respect, now poor Ruo who was confident, just like the other girl, she had great rapport with Junpei, let's see what course she takes.
May 27, 2022 3:30 PM

May 2021
This episode's initial focus on Jumpei's selfishness, a natural consequence of the life he had been living thus far, was done really well. His eyes were opened to some of the mistakes he committed during the festival by Natsuki, a sixth grader and prodigy. A good thing he learnt from them.

Next comes THAT moment between Jumpei and Miyako. Although set up by the playboy, I'm glad there were no interruptions after that. Everything that transpired, did so because of those two alone and wasn't carried by plot contrivances. If there isn't an announcement of a second season, then I'm picking up the manga.

Seems like we will be focusing on Luou next episode. I have a feeling he clinged onto Miyako as a source of support because of the abuse he was put through by his grandma but we will have to see.

May 27, 2022 3:56 PM

May 2019
Loving the dance scene between Junpei and Natsuki. It was probably one of the most powerful scenes alongside Luou's "demon" scene.

I think Junpei x Natsuki and Luou x Miyako work as dancing pairs, and switching them around as Junpei x Miyako and Luou x Natsuki work as shipping pairs. (I want Luou to be happy, dammit.)
May 27, 2022 5:09 PM

Jan 2020
Damn, I've never thought Miyako x Jumpei ship would see the light of day, but it did and it's cute.

It's pretty obvious what's happening here. The womanizer guy is trying to destroy Luou's spirit and corner him so that he could win that scholarship award. A nasty way of trying to get to the top which goes to show that he's not as talented as Luou and he knows it. It seems that Luou has already fallen for it, but I wonder if that'll affect his dancing. I would hope it won't and thus see some development on Luou's side. It would crush him if he loses the scholarship and the girl.

I can't believe this show is about to be over...
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
May 27, 2022 5:28 PM

Aug 2019
Idc but that was an asshole move from the senpai guy.

Luou has already been through enough. He didn’t deserve that.
May 27, 2022 5:40 PM
Jun 2019
THE BEST EPISODE SO FAR!!

Try to imagine this scene out of context

IMPORTANT advice from your “In-Disguise” senpai: Girls like that, who aren’t really aware of how cute they are, just need a little push.

Ngl, having watched my fair share of romance-centered anime, I totally thought that he was gonna back down and saying that he actually meant her dancing, not her.

My thoughts when watching this scene: Ayo, Ayo, AYO!! He is actually going for it. REJECTED!!

Wait. WAIT!! MATTE… MATTE... Cho… Choto-f****ing-matte… That’s ILLEGAL!

Call the COPS… CALL THE COPS!!

Props to the ONE AND ONLY “In-Disguise” senpai, Misaki, for totally shattering the love triangle. It makes me wonder though. Why would he care if Junpei and Miyako dated? Does he have some sort of hidden agenda, I wonder.

Anyway, superb episode.
Joey-XD19202May 27, 2022 6:05 PM
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
May 27, 2022 7:56 PM

May 2022
MyllerPhiem said:
The good:

A kiss and confession scene BEFORE the end! Halleluja, that feels so fresh. Always hate it when anime keep this for the finale, as if people can't be in a relationship AND have adventure.

Also, the scene was super cute and well animated <3 It felt so real, reminded me of my own first kiss to some degree xD

Nice dancing scenes, and I loved the repeated joke about play-senpai lol

The Bad:

- pls dont have Luou become a total psycho now, just because a girl chose someone else. She's your cousin, dude ...
- dont talk about visible nipples when no nipples are visible lol
- don't talk about nipples when it's in the context of elementary schoolers
- how about no "ero" misunderstanding joke in context of an elementary school girl?

Ugh. Sometimes you're reminded that Japanese culture is still rather different. This was such an episode.

4 out of 5

I get what you’re saying but boys that age talk about stuff like that. It only gets weird if you make it weird.
May 27, 2022 7:58 PM

Jan 2017
A great episode, didn't expected Miyako x Junpei started so fast, but I feel bad for Luou, he just suffer all the time, but I want see what he wanna do now

Anyway, the friendship of Junpei and Natsuki it was so damn good, they're dancing together and understand each other it was one of the best scenes of this anime

They're both really love ballet so much, both have the sparkling eyes
[/url]
May 27, 2022 8:25 PM

Aug 2020
no way that kissing scene made me blush, what an episode. Now let's get back to ballet. When Junpei and Natsuki sync together was awesome. The animation and sparkle through their eyes made me want to know more about ballet. Sooo goood. Weebs are really missing out, if they're not watching this show.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
May 27, 2022 10:31 PM

Jun 2021
We got THE confession and a KISS in one episode!! This show is getting better and better. I really thought Junpei was gonna have feelings for Natsuki?! Oh well.. also I think Misaki has a thing for Luou, but we’ll see.
May 27, 2022 10:46 PM

Oct 2021
Subarashi!!!

Never thought the love triangle come to an end this soon . Junpei is a Chad gone straight for the kiss after the confession yeah it all thanks to Playboy-in disguise- senpai.
I feel bad for luou as he had to see the whole kiss scenario with his naked eyes I guess Playboy-in disguise- senpai wanted to push Luou’s moral down which will disturb his ballet performance.

Mappa DDD staffs consistency in animation till from the 1st ep is immaculate. The compositing, background art and character design are so well harmonious that I’m not even tried of watching the show repeatedly.

This show deserves more love, needs to be recognised and I would happily recommend to watch this beautiful ballet anime . I don’t even know what’s ballet but this anime showed how much enjoyable and interesting ballet is .
May 27, 2022 10:54 PM
Dec 2020
Okay the guys from the dancing school were absolutely okay with him admitting that he likes his COUSIN?! They're kinda brushing over that a bit. Also they story could have been exactly the same if they weren't cousins. They could have left it at childhood friends 😂
May 27, 2022 11:02 PM
Dec 2020
Shyzie said:
The confession/kissing scene was SUPERB. I love how confident Junpei was once the mood was set.

so refreshing that romance develops NOT in 2 seasons episodes, but rather at a natural pace
May 27, 2022 11:19 PM

Dec 2020
AAAAAA??#?!# THE AMMOUNT OF ROMANCE IN THIS EP???? DID NOYTTT EXPECT THAT. WOAH. i really thought that confession was gonna get interrupted but hoooolyttt shitttr😭😭 and we're only on ep 8 too WOOHOOOOO! junpei was hella bold there but it workeddd oh my god. so happy for them

natsuki is soooo cute. i liked how there aren't any established romance between them, they're good dance partners who match well with each other, romance isnt Needed for that. im not against it but maybe later on lol

luou thooo..💀 uh oh. rly hope he doesn't get more cranky than he already is come on man 1. be happy for her what 2. shes your COUSIN.
May 28, 2022 12:25 AM

Oct 2015
I certainly didn't expect a confession but boy was it cute, the amount of expression their eyes tell makes it even better. It's gonna be pretty rough from here on out I'd imagine
May 28, 2022 12:45 AM

Jun 2019
Ah... what an episode. It was a little embarrassing but everything worked out in the end. Junpei finally confessed his feelings to Miyako and now they both are dating. I like Natsuki as well. I think she likes Junpei as well.

What's gonna happen from here on out? I like this show so much. Also, the kiss between Junpei and Miyako also happened. :3 Cute. Luou is sad and jealous of that happening btw. The shady senpai is still worrying me a little bit.
May 28, 2022 12:48 AM

Mar 2016
Miyako really makes Junpei's arc boring. Natsuki was a lot more interesting than her.

I wonder what Yarichin-senpai wants. He seems to be scheming something. Is he trying to hurt Luou in some way?
May 28, 2022 12:59 AM

Dec 2015
Joey-XD19202 said:
Why would he care if Junpei and Miyako dated? Does he have some sort of hidden agenda, I wonder.
For me it seemed pretty obvious after previous episode where we did not get to see Misaki compete with the others: He must be on a similar level than Luou and Junpei. Considering Luou a big rival. (And he probably is still significantly less good than him.) He did reseach already ... on the mother.

And my guess is he noticed about Luou and that Miyako is a bit special to him. So he wanted to do this in order to "attack" him. (He might feel less focused now when thinking about Miyako and Junpei dating.)

Though: I think this won't last too long. Junpei probably just like her cause she is cute and was the first one to talk to him about ballet - the stuff he likes. Natsuki feels much better here. Junpei and her had a lot of great moments in this episode. Yes there seems to be an age gap? (Don't know how big though. He had been surprised when she announced the school class/grade she was in so I guess she looks older.)

But once they get older ... this should not be too relevant anymore. I can totally see some time skip happening with them being both 5 years older or so ... doing professional dancing together.
May 28, 2022 1:09 AM

Sep 2013
Playboy kinda evil but that worked out for Junpei,kind of a dick move towards Luou tho but they are cousins after all
Deep dark fantasies
May 28, 2022 3:44 AM
Apr 2021
Loved the romantic part ... Though Jumpei wasn't able to hide that kiss very well, lol
May 28, 2022 5:51 AM

Apr 2018
It felt like 5 minutes.
Good to see some progress in relationships but I’m afraid it will all go astray.
May 28, 2022 6:01 AM

Oct 2016
Holy shit, this show really knows how to make me feel conflicted. Honestly, objectively speaking, I think Junpei and Natsuki's personalities are much more compatible, but I'd be lying if I said Junpei and Miyako weren't cute as hell. I feel bad for Luou though, he's already been through a lot. We got Junpei and Miyako sailing, but at what cost. Misaki wrong for that, he's definitely fucking with Luou.

Shadiness aside. That confession was something else, and they went straight to kissing immediately after. Let us celebrate the Reiwa energy. Junpei, you were hiding the wrong side though lmao. Damn, 3 episodes left, really hope we get a second season or the manga translations catch up to the latest chapters.
May 28, 2022 7:52 AM

Mar 2021
Nah this show is too good. This better have a season 2. Also what was Natsuki's reason to slap Jumpei?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2022 8:28 AM

Oct 2015
Tbh I fucken hate Jumpei, I feel like he is all over the placs as a character. I can't get behind him no matter how hard I've tried, kinda reminds of askeladd whom I loath like a plague. I would drop this crap but I am close to finishing it.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 28, 2022 5:04 PM
Oct 2019
In my opinion, the highlight of this episode would be Junpei and Natsuki become dancing partners for the first time. Those sparks in their eyes.. and the way they synced perfectly.. Ah~~ I want to see them dancing on stage as partners.

I'm not a fan of romance, so I don't want to talk about THAT scene. But I do want to talk about the dirty move Misaki did to destroy Luō's spirit. Oh yeah, I'm mad for Luō. (I'm watching this anime for the ballet, so I'm gonna overlook the romance.) However, I believe in Luō. THAT scene could be a wake up call for Luō that nothing else is matter than ballet for him.. And once he releases his full potential and shows his true ability, that will hopefully be a wake up call for Junpei as well. If he needs to catch up to Luō then he can't be 'distracted'.

This episode is the longest of Natsuki made appearance.. But I like her already since the moment she called Junpei "saru". She's such a fierce young lady. I want to see her ballet more!

I'm clueless as to why did Natsuki slap Junpei? Because his sudden moved on grasping her shoulders?
GleefulViolinMay 28, 2022 5:08 PM
May 28, 2022 7:30 PM

Oct 2016
If I didn't have my no-drop policy, I would've dropped the anime on this episode.
The feelings I have for this anime are getting dangerously close to my hatred for Orange.

I'm not against Junpei x Miyako becoming a thing. What bothers me is how (and when) they became a thing. That, and how Ruou has to go through so much unnecessary suffering just to push him to his limit. As if the child abuse, his parents not being around, his lack of friends, the bullying and losing his title as the play's MVP because of Junpei (albeit unintentionally) wasn't enough already.

They better throw Ruou a bone at the end of this, because if he ends up getting an even worse treatment than Suwa (Orange), this anime will a 2/10 from me.

Also, screw Misaki
May 29, 2022 11:12 AM

Dec 2019
My boy Junpei gets himself the girl, Let’s goooo!

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

May 29, 2022 1:59 PM

Jan 2017
sKyBlazer08 said:
really hope we get a second season or the manga translations catch up to the latest chapters.

The manga already have more than 200 chapters, the last chapter translated is the 59, will need to wait a lot, but at least they're still translating this
[/url]
May 29, 2022 2:01 PM

Jul 2020
The confession was so kawaii. But at the same time I feel bad for Luou.
May 29, 2022 5:38 PM

May 2021
I liked how awkward and intimate the romance part felt, while Natsuki can also allow a better explorement of Junpei and also be an extremely strong character by herself, I like the hard working archetype in this kind of settings. The Luou - Misaki plot is building up extremely well too, expecting to see some heavy episode after this

May 29, 2022 6:15 PM
Feb 2021
I'm pretty sure Misaki is trying to get rid of Luou, the competition, so he can get that scholarship by letting Junpei get Miyako.
May 29, 2022 10:01 PM
Mar 2015
He attracts Natuski then confesses to Miyako he is the playboy
May 30, 2022 11:10 AM

Apr 2018
Never in my life have I cared about ballet, but this show is amazing. Can't wait to see how this changes things with Luou and what happens with Natsuki.
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
May 30, 2022 7:55 PM

Jul 2016
MF Misaki messing with Luou's psyche xD Everything for that scholarship, I guess.

Also, did I miss an episode? When did Miyako start developing feelings for Junpei? Well, gotta assume all that development happened off-screen then.

Anyways, another pretty solid episode. The confession/kiss scene was perfectly done and it seems Junpei has finally found his destined ballet partner: a super-underage violent brat...
May 31, 2022 2:07 AM
Jan 2016
That was some reiwa energy right there jumpei flexed on luou too hard
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Jun 1, 2022 4:57 AM

Oct 2008
w0w! totally didn't expect the SOOOO INTIMATE moments of Jumpei x Miyako!!!
5/5!
matias067Jun 1, 2022 5:00 AM

Jun 4, 2022 2:34 AM
May 2019
The pas de deux with Natsuki was going to be the highlight of this episode, I thought, because it was so cool and dynamic. I love the way the animators depict the characters' intense feelings of being absolutely smitten with ballet. The sparkles, the lights, their eyes, etc.

However, getting Miyako and Jumpei to confess to each other and share a kiss was really great! Technically, it was better than Jumpei started out with a head kiss at first. That was cute.

Kind of curious how this Natsuki thing will play out, though, as she's "in sync" with Jumpei in "both body and spirit" -- his words -- now that he's pretty much dating Miyako!
Jun 9, 2022 11:13 PM

Feb 2019
I thought I wouldn't like this episode, seeing how close Junpei was getting to Natsuki and forgetting Miyako...

BUT BY THE END, JUST WOW! I didn't think anything would happen in that salon. Can't believe we actually get to see the couple forming this quickly. I love Miyako so much, and I love Miyako x Junpei AAA just like Playboy-senpai said, they look cute together ^^

Miyako is easily the cutest girl in this anime.

I can't really feel bad for Luou in this at all. He takes Miyako and her feelings for granted, and above all they're blood cousins so...

Can't wait to see more Miyako x Junpei moments ^^
Jun 14, 2022 8:41 PM

Aug 2018
AHHHHHH!!!!
Let's see, very good chapter. Junpei played him with Natsuki as a couple they didn't sync up at first, but then they did, that scene was great. And then Junpei met with Miyako...he told her that he likes her. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL SCENE!!! <3!
Really very cute that part, BUT DON'T COVER UP THE KISS AHHHH!!!!!
This chapter was really good.

Tamer2002Jun 14, 2022 8:45 PM
Jun 19, 2022 4:22 PM
Mar 2016
__potato__ said:
Okay the guys from the dancing school were absolutely okay with him admitting that he likes his COUSIN?! They're kinda brushing over that a bit. Also they story could have been exactly the same if they weren't cousins. They could have left it at childhood friends 😂

So you are fine with two men or women falling in love but you have a problem with guy having a relationship with her cousin??.
Jun 27, 2022 2:11 PM

May 2017
cute episode

miyako was lookin cute af here
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dance Dance Danseur Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 17, 2022

88 by Hoshi14 »»
Apr 21, 7:19 AM

Poll: » Dance Dance Danseur Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 3, 2022

45 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Feb 1, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Dance Dance Danseur Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 20, 2022

33 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Feb 1, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Dance Dance Danseur Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 13, 2022

30 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Feb 1, 10:42 PM

Poll: » Dance Dance Danseur Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 6, 2022

62 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Feb 1, 10:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.