Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 27, 2022 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Thank God Kei got more screen time this episode. I like how this episode takes a romance legend and brings it into the plot. Of course Kaguya would be very curious about the heart gift.

I think selling point of this episode was Kaguya's priceless reactions. Truly comedy gold with ideas in her head.
May 27, 2022 8:28 AM

May 2020
God Shirogane has some awful fashion sense, not that I’m surprised but still lol. Though not that big of a deal when you have someone like Kei to help you out, such a sweet younger sister. Always manages to own the segment she gets herself in.

And no it isn’t just Shirogane experiencing some conflicting state of emotions right now, Kaguya’s on the same boat too. Also I guess it’s the first time she accepted her feelings for him too, god… though poor Hayasaka feeling out of place, don’t worry girl you’ll have your chance too.

High time for everyone, just too many confessions in line. Just go for it, Devoted Hearts festival is waiting for you all.
May 27, 2022 9:03 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Best episode of this season, content-wise. Kaguya accepting her own feelings had such a somberness to it especially knowing that Miyuki will be departing for Stanford soon.

If they had adapted that Freshman chapter, this episode would have been even better.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
May 27, 2022 9:54 AM

Jul 2017
Shirogane's lil' younger sister Kei has the spotlight again to prep her stubborn, no-frills famous brother in the fashion department, tho I'd say that hos fashion sense is just as weird as it looks that's done by no one. Even Shirogane's dad is also following the trend, but also "like father, like son" when it comes to saving and scrimping for things they need than want. But deep down, we all love Kei for her familial kinship and sacrificial thought to the family.

The culture festival prep is almost done, save for the usual romance rumors that Tsubame really gave Kaguya a run for her money to achieve the relationship she's always wanted with Shirogane, and LOTS of paperwork to be filed for the 2-day festival. But hot damn, that Kaguya finally started to be real with her feelings towards Shirogane, but it's a game of pride and relief.

This game of losing pride and gaining relief, it's the confession game that whoever raises the question first, loses. And Kaguya JUST THREW that principle out of the window, that she might earn the courage to confess without feeling embarrassed. It's really news that Osaragi got into a relationship with the Squad Leader before the culture festival ever stated, but damn she really put a lot of thought into it based on her own terms. And that means, Ishigami FINALLY has the chance to make a move on Tsubame, but this is a one-time chance befoire graduation.

Kaguya giving courage to Ishigami, but not having one herself, those feeling bottle until release.
Let the Shuchiin Academy's Hoshin Culture Festival and Dual Confessions arc begin...and its many romantic confessions for the final quarter of Season 3!
May 27, 2022 9:57 AM

Jul 2021
Best episode so far imo.

It was rare to see Shirogane in something that's not school uniform lol, more interactions for the family members. I love how they used the panels from the manga, that was so cool, unique and bizarre.

The first reference I found in this season:

A scene from Shawshank Redemption.
AronicsMay 27, 2022 10:04 AM

Jul 2017
By far the best episode of this season of Kaguya-sama for me, and is potentially a good sign of things to come with the final few episodes around the horizon through June. The first segment was a really fun time for once with Kei and dealing with her brother and his lack of fashion sense and then the stuff after with Kaguya processing her feelings and events being teased as the cultural festival now arrives. Nothing much to complain here, I had a good time watching this and only leaves me excited for what's to come.
Aug 2020
Loved the Shawshank Redemption reference!
May 27, 2022 9:58 AM

Sep 2021
Devoted Hearts Festival is going to start, this is what I was waiting the most and it start next week im really excited.

But talking about this ep, this was a really good one, Kaguya finally accepting her feelings to shirogane is great and even hayasaka didnt believe it lmao.
May 27, 2022 10:07 AM

Mar 2016
Miyuki's fashion sense has been stunted since the day he prides himself in wearing his uniform attire and the Student Council president decoration, lucky for him, he got his dear sister to handle that side of the picture. Resulting in a rather impressive appearance that moved Chika's little sister, well well well...

The cultural festival magic is in the air, Ishigami wishes to confess to Tsubame, but unlike the mind games employed between Miyuki and Kaguya, the man has no need for such a convoluted scheme, he simply wanted to do so in a classic, heartfelt manner. Ahh, what a man.
May 27, 2022 10:10 AM
Jul 2021
the mix of manga panels placed in the anime was definitely quite a intresting thing. definitely getting more interesting after that filler-like episode from last week. maybe in the next 4 eps we're in for something special. animation looks good, music be hitting me in the right ways oh and dio looking drippy af 🥶
May 27, 2022 10:12 AM
Apr 2021
Notice how for the episode they """cut corners""" in terms of animation but they still manage to give life to everything, its amazing how much they make the anime work. And what's more, seems to mw like they are reserving the amazing animation for the rest of the festival and I'M HERE FOR IT!

Even if i already know what's coming the wait for next episode has never been harder!
May 27, 2022 10:14 AM

Dec 2020
Kei lol i love how she treats her brother and dad so funny.
Thanks to that shirogane has a nice outfit.
Next episode maybe confessed hype.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

May 27, 2022 10:15 AM
Sep 2015
This episode hits sweet spot between romantic and comedy, in previous episode it lost balance for a bit. Though I prefer pure comedy in the first half of this season.
May 27, 2022 10:15 AM

Nov 2016
Finally getting to the really gud stuff

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 27, 2022 10:17 AM
Oct 2016
Everyone is gearing up for the school festival. Setting their minds to what needs be done at the festival. Confessions that they all need to make regardless of the implications or consequences. No matter any past thoughts on the matter, it's now or never. This episode did a great job setting the stage for how huge of an event the festival will be. Its cliche to say this but things won't be the same afterwards. As we hear in this episode, Kaguya and Shirogane are both finally willing to confess at the festival. If Kaguya doesn't first then Shirogane will. Shirogane knows his time here is limited since he's going to study in America so the festival is his best shot. No matter what, its gotta be done now so they can have time together before he leaves. Kaguya even confessing to Hayasaka about her feelings for Shirogane. Something she's never outright said before, a big step for Kaguya. Resolving herself to finally come clean to Shirogane even if he might reject her, which we know he wouldn't but she's still got that pessimistic doubt. Something also that Ishigami is resolving to do confessing to Tsubame regardless if he might get rejected. The Festival begins just as they all know what must be done now
May 27, 2022 10:17 AM

Jul 2012
Is this the first time no character has won or lost in the episode lol?

I liked the contrast and mirror of actions between Kaguya and Ishigami. When she told him to be brave and go for it, it felt like she was talking to herself too.

Well, the festival has finally begun! Let's see who will confess first, Kaguya or Shirogane?
May 27, 2022 10:18 AM
Oct 2016
DanielCrynn said:
the mix of manga panels placed in the anime was definitely quite a intresting thing. definitely getting more interesting after that filler-like episode from last week. maybe in the next 4 eps we're in for something special. animation looks good, music be hitting me in the right ways oh and dio looking drippy af 🥶

None if this is filler. Its all in the manga
May 27, 2022 10:18 AM
Jul 2016
Damn that was definitely one of the best episodes in the entire show. Feels so hyped and there's still 4 episodes to go. Is this really such a big arc? Damn can't wait
May 27, 2022 10:19 AM
Jul 2021
Dukino said:
DanielCrynn said:

None if this is filler. Its all in the manga
i know i meant that last episodd just felt like filler just cuz nothing too much went on
May 27, 2022 10:19 AM

Oct 2017
Shirogane once again shows why he is the GOAT, he never thinks twice when it comes to helping others. I seriously respect the guy.

Kaguya finally admitted that she loves Shirogane, lets go!

With that let the cultural festival arc begin.
May 27, 2022 10:22 AM
May 2021
Papa Shirogane is more fashionable than Shirogane and it's nice to see that Kei actually care about her brother.Looks like Hayasaka was also surprised that Kaguya is now not denying her feelings about Shirogane. And damm Osaragi just accepted the confession of Squad leader as if it's nothing and now that the squad leader is not around Tsubame Ishigami can also confess his feeling and that Shawshank redemption reference is also great.

The cultural festival and duel confession arc let's gooooo.
Milan-5May 27, 2022 10:38 AM
May 27, 2022 10:24 AM

Jul 2011
Overall the episode was boring, the episode just became interesting, when Kobachi appeared.

The clothes part, I wonder if wouldnt be cheaper get Shirogane's father clothes, after he dress like someone young.

The Kaguya inner talk, was what we already had for 3 seasons.

Then almost at the end Kobachi appear to stir everything, and save the episode.
May 2020
For the manga readers who are worried that they cut 121, the director hinted they'll be adapting it next week! We won!!

Jun 2020
Lol Ishigami went all Andy Dufrense in his planning
May 27, 2022 10:26 AM

Jul 2012
Pretty decent, but i feel like a lot of things in manga were much better. Really liked kouhai-senpai relationship chapters when reading, still good but felt a bit short.
May 27, 2022 10:26 AM

Aug 2016
Ishigami crawled to freedom through five hundred yards of shit smelling foulness I can't even imagine, or maybe I just don't want to.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
May 27, 2022 10:29 AM

Jul 2016
Dragon style Shirogane is too powerful, so it needs to nerf it. And it worked just wonders because at the end he was dripping that attire with moonwatch, courtesy of Papagane. Kei is going crazy this episode because of how terrible Shiroganes fashion sense. But in the end she coordinate it and got some likeable results.

Its time for cultural fest its starting this episode. With Kaguya and Shirogane finding courage to confessed this event. Which has some history to it, and some facts from Osaragi herself that if you confessed in this event, you can get favorable results. Which she is certain of, and she is dating the cheerclub prez. And Ishigami looking to that he has a chance to confess to Tsubame this cultural fest. The OST used at the end and the narrator announced the arc is hype. Overall great episode

May 27, 2022 10:29 AM
Mar 2022
Great episode I can’t wait for one of them to confess
May 27, 2022 10:35 AM
Jun 2021
Anyone noticed the your name music in the end ? zen zen zense
May 27, 2022 10:36 AM

Feb 2020
AHHHH ITS COMING I CAN FEEL IT
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2022 10:38 AM
Jul 2018
hopefully this season doesn't end like your typical romcom and some "Comedic" moment completely ruins the confessions and put everyone back to square one, This show has the opportunity here to completely stand out and be something truly unique and special, I hope they deliver.
May 27, 2022 10:39 AM

May 2021
Shirogane making sure he doesn't desire something for saving money and for his imouto's sake; Papagane being a man who has given up many things. What a family.

Did anyone else get the Shawshank Redemption reference? It makes for a good parallel; Ishigami coming out of a metaphorical dark hole in S2 and achieving 'freedom'.

Finally, Kaguya saying she wants to confess. That was so great to hear. Peak alert.
RioFSMay 27, 2022 10:45 AM

May 27, 2022 10:45 AM
Oct 2020
Miyuki’s fit lowkey looks good on him

Mar 2010
lol i like the glasses girl
the buildup for the festival is insane cant wait to see what happens
Mar 2022
Daddy shirogane's drip is unmatchable 🛐
May 27, 2022 10:46 AM
Sep 2021
Wait a minute.

In this episode I've heard Tsubame said "shinzou wo sasageta" while telling Kaguya about the origin of The Devoted Hearts Festival and about "eternal love" jinx. Is it just me or anybody thinks that that phrase have similarity with (or maybe refers to) Attack on Titan's "shinzou wo sasageyo"?
May 27, 2022 10:49 AM
Oct 2020
AMAZING EPISODE SINCE KEI GOT THAT SCREEN TIME WITH A SIMLE
May 27, 2022 10:51 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Kei's at that phase of her life huh. That criticism of Miyuki's fashion though was damm amusing. Still im surprised that its Kei that's in charge of the finances and not Miyuki. But it was cute seeing her reaction to the praise that he got from her friends. The Kaguya multiples though was equally amusing. Kobachi sure threw a curveball with her statement there. Still looking at the various plans thats in place im really looking forward to the festival now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2022 10:53 AM
Jun 2020
I can't take it anymore, I'm going to move on to the manga, in which chapter do I start reading?

The S3 is the most epic of the entire saga.
May 27, 2022 10:55 AM

May 2021
BrewderMagno said:
I can't take it anymore, I'm going to move on to the manga, in which chapter do I start reading?

Hold it in, mate. Let A-1 Pictures do their magic with the audiovisuals.

May 27, 2022 10:56 AM

Jul 2014
For some reason, creative direction for this episode was all over the place. Random background styles, filters, cuts and effects are being used in quick succession that it somehow ruined Kaguya’s “confession” for me by overdoing it. Well at least it looks artistic, I guess?

The Shawshank Redemption, Monogatari, and Your Name references were cool and all but those manga panels man *chefs kiss*. Their manga character designs really does hold a special place in my heart.

That being said, the Dual Confession Arc has begun! Can’t wait!
May 27, 2022 10:56 AM

Feb 2019
Lmaoo Miyuki dad having more drip than him is wild.

Awesome episode, so much shit was packed into these 25 minutes. Ishigami, Kaguya and Miyuki all want to confess in the next 48 hours? Hope this festival lives up to the hype I’ve seen on twitter for years.

Also was that zenzenzen from kimi no na wa at the end lol?
May 27, 2022 11:00 AM

Sep 2014
BrewderMagno said:

121 hasn't been adapted yet, so read that. Then read from 123 on. Of course, you can read any other previous chapters that have been skipped as well, but I don't have a list.
May 27, 2022 11:00 AM

Feb 2022
why did they skipped chapter 112 the cosplay chapter😭

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
||Profile||----------------||Anime||----------------||Manga||
May 27, 2022 11:04 AM
May 2022
Best arc is started. They even used manga panels during the episode. Hype is real, masterpiece
May 27, 2022 11:05 AM

Jul 2009
Diogane gave up on many thing, but not being a good dad
bruh
May 27, 2022 11:11 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
The Cultural Festival has finally begun so its time to put or shut up for Ishigami, Kaguya, and Miyuki to make their confessions known. Even the glasses girl has started dating.

Kaguya finally realizes that she has feelings for Miyuki, but hesitates in making the first move. That Shawshank Redemption reference with Ishigami was too funny.
May 27, 2022 11:12 AM

Jan 2021
Just finished it. Best episode of this season, cant wait till next week.
May 27, 2022 11:21 AM
Mar 2021
Will we see a confession next episode???!
May 27, 2022 11:24 AM
Jul 2018
wiffgod said:
Will we see a confession next episode???!

If there is one it will be the Season Finale..
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 6, 2022

405 by Ari__Kun »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2022

227 by lilkatkitten »»
May 14, 12:33 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Apr 2, 2022

332 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2022

237 by Assassin2112 »»
May 3, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LeilaChroma - Jun 25, 2022

505 by Kuukkii »»
Apr 14, 7:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.