Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2022 6:31 PM

Jan 2020
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS EPISODE
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What an episode!! You know how influential and feared Yang is when the Empire falls prey to its own overreading/overthinking. The situation escalated for them quickly now that Kempff's position and reputation are on the line. This conflict of interest is going to cost the Empire its best shot of destroying their enemies. It didn't help that Muller got cornered and was almost shot down. I didn't expect things to turn out that way. As soon as Yang's absence was mentioned, my face dropped. The fact that they don't really reveal details about Yang makes the story even better and more thrilling.

The OSTs of this episode are great. The one that played at the very beginning was exceptionally good.

One more episode. Hoping it won't be a cliffhanger.
samashi20May 26, 2022 8:42 PM
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
May 26, 2022 7:51 PM
Oct 2016
The Alliance forces, both the Navy and ground units, are able to completely beat the Imperial forces at every instance. Despite the magician not being present the remaining Alliance admirals hold their own. Merkatz really steps up by drawing the Imperial fleets into that trap. Something that Yang would actually do. It fools Kempf since he doesn't believe the information that Yang isn't there. Muller trying his best with a bad situation, losing most of the landing force and most of his fleet. Things just do not go well for the Empire after they set the stage for themselves so well when the battle started. The Iserlohn forces were taken by surprise but now they've regained composure and repelled the Imperial forces almost for good. Kempf blatantly lying back to his superiors isn't a good look either.
May 26, 2022 11:11 PM

Jan 2011
this battle is actually longer than in the old OVA, we finally getting more Attenborough screentime, man Muller had the chance to capture Yang an deal a massive blow to the Alliance morale here
hope we getting a bit more of Oberstein before the end

gotta wonder about Merkatz odd situation, he wants to restore the old Goldenbaun dinasty an that gives him no choice but to help the Alliance an kill his former countrymen
silversaintMay 27, 2022 12:19 AM
May 27, 2022 12:05 AM

Jun 2021
Nooo000OOOO!!!

You can't raise my investment towards the end of the season!

After I put in so much effort into forgetting about the existence of this anime when season 2 ended, I don't know if I can pull it off a 3rd time!

Watching this anime puts me in the mood to play a space strategy game that doesn't exist.

*cries*

I love this anime so much. I like what it has, and it executes it cleanly.

I especially like all the old men with grey mustaches, they rarely get the spotlight in anime.
May 27, 2022 5:53 AM
Jan 2019
Kempf you better not overthink, and the tensions in the last minute woaah, surprised me.
May 27, 2022 7:32 AM

Oct 2014
silversaint said:
this battle is actually longer than in the old OVA, we finally getting more Attenborough screentime, man Muller had the chance to capture Yang an deal a massive blow to the Alliance morale here

gotta wonder about Merkatz odd situation, he wants to restore the old Goldenbaun dinasty an that gives him no choice but to help the Alliance an kill his former countrymen
The reboot seems to be getting better and better as it goes: these extended treatments of some of the material is welcome indeed. After Hilda, Yang, Reinhard and Kircheis, Merkatz is my next fav so anytime he gets some face-time and lines it's an easy 5/5 for me. Dude's a total mensch: never says much but lets his actions speak for himself.

The OP/EDs are perfect; even when she breaks out the English like: "...we've only just begun!" almost makes me tear up every time.

Can't wait for the next episode -- now I remember why I shy away from watching airing shows -- when it gets this good the wait between episodes gets excruciating (in a good way).
8oomerMay 27, 2022 8:00 AM
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

May 27, 2022 9:31 AM

Jan 2011
8oomer said:
silversaint said:

The reboot seems to be getting better and better as it goes: these extended treatments of some of the material is welcome indeed. After Hilda, Yang, Reinhard and Kircheis, Merkatz is my next fav so anytime he gets some face-time and lines it's an easy 5/5 for me. Dude's a total mensch: never says much but lets his actions speak for himself.

The OP/EDs are perfect; even when she breaks out the English like: "...we've only just begun!" almost makes me tear up every time.

Can't wait for the next episode -- now I remember why I shy away from watching airing shows -- when it gets this good the wait between episodes gets excruciating (in a good way).

im definitelly welcome the extended scenes, if this season ends where i think its going to end, we getting 2 extra eps worth of material compared to the old OVA
Merkatz manly moustache is a 10/10 in my book

i have high hopes for the next season since this is the moment where i think LOGH stops being great an starts to become a masterpiece
May 27, 2022 10:10 AM

Feb 2017
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
I guess no one would believe FPA would be that stupid to recall Yang lol.

It was an amazing episode. I especially loved that tension in the end.

I find it great how DNT has been improving with each episode and I don't mean the story getting more interesting but directing, visuals, all that stuff is getting more and more refined as the show goes.
May 27, 2022 12:06 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
The Rosen Ritter squad drove back the Imperial ground forces off of Iserlohn and Merkatz was given control of the main fleet while on board the Hyperion to lead a counter attack causing massive damage to Muller's fleet. The Galactic Empire seems to have found about Yang's absence, but Kempf is not buying it after seeing the Hyperion out there. There seems to be some tension between Kempf and Muller on whether the information is true or not.

I also noticed a change in the visuals of the ED with the Free Planets Alliance ships being shown first from the Galactic Empire's point of view.
May 27, 2022 2:24 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Reboot is nailing it big time so far this season. Even when you know exactly whats going to happen, you're still at the edge of your seat. Loved the little detail at the end with all the Imperial MC's making a brief appearance
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 29, 2022 12:09 AM
Jan 2011
Amazing episode!

The soundtracks were great in this episode, it made everything even better.

The fear and respect that Yang gives to his enemies is fascinating. His name alone is already "protecting Iserlohn" during his absence.
The confusion this causes is giving the alliance precious time.

We only have one more episode and then months of waiting. :(
May 29, 2022 12:51 AM

Oct 2008
omg! Admiral who defect the Empire is very capable! so cool! Admiral Merkatz!
5/5.

May 29, 2022 8:54 AM

Dec 2008
As soon as the empire ground forces were forced to retreat, the offensive strategy totally fell apart. Rosen Ritter were probably outnumbered, but more elite.

Merkatz dealt the next blow, good that the forces at Iserlohn good regroup and hold their ground. Kempf won't win this way
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2022 3:42 PM

May 2016
Where is episode 12?
It says on gogo anime episode 32
May 29, 2022 3:46 PM

Jan 2020
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
Where is episode 12?
It says on gogo anime episode 32

Episode 12 isn't out yet, not sure what they were trying to do there. The most recent episode is episode 11, you can find it on Crunchy too.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
May 30, 2022 9:12 AM

Jan 2009
glad to see old fans saying this remake is becoming better and expanding the story more

Admiral Merkatz is a genius on his own

and damn the enemy let go of the potential capture of Yang Wen Li they did not believe the dying prisoners info
May 30, 2022 1:30 PM
Jun 2016
Another banger of an episode. Such interesting dynamics with the former Empire’s forces in Rosen Ritter and Merkatz being the driving force
Jun 2, 2022 7:41 AM

May 2014
I generally like the extended scenes compared to the novel and OVA, but a full three-parter for the battle feels a bit too long already. Still a very good episode though.
Jun 2, 2022 3:17 PM

Nov 2016
W for Schönkopf and Merkatz. This and the last episode were just 👨🏻‍🍳💋 So exciting.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 21, 2023 4:18 PM

Dec 2012
What truly fascinates me about Kempff is that his shortcomings in this battle aren't due to incompetence or arrogance, but a slight shortsightedness due to his imperial pride. Had both Yang & Merkatz been absent, there's no doubt that the invasion would have been a success. However, it still remains inconceivable to the Empire that one of their great military heroes would have defected and is currently serving at Iserlohn. Without that crucial information, Kempff's belief that Yang is present only makes sense.

It's incredible how much is foreshadowed about Kempff's character as early on as his brief interaction with his wife & sons. Although an honorable man, his strong sense of pride & ambition prevents him from taking a humbler approach to the battle situation.
Jul 23, 2023 1:50 PM

Aug 2019
The Rosen Ritter squad is something else, they have manage to overwhelm the empire’s squad. I’m still surprised the suits from the empire are so fragile, they’re always getting cut, which is kind of surprising. I don’t think they should be careless with their actions. I thought they would change their uniforms by now but I guess it still too soon. Admiral Merkatz has successfully helped the alliance with his knowledge of the empire. I really thought the empire had the upper hand, but Merkatz turned things around.

They know about Yang’s absence, I wonder how they’re going to use this information. I like how Muller respects Yang for his accomplishments.

Kempf would definitely regret ignoring Muller’s idea. He’s definitely dying because of his ignorance and for not listening to his colleagues.

And now he’s lying, Kempf, you’re digging your own grave.
Nov 24, 2023 9:27 AM

Oct 2017
And thus they miss their chance to capture Yang Wenli and also probably their chance at winning the battle. It makes sense why'd they think it's a trap by Yang.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Gekitotsu Episode 12 Discussion

Kayle_x_Morgana - Jun 2, 2022

36 by MegamiRem »»
Nov 24, 2023 10:03 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Gekitotsu Episode 10 Discussion

AddaeAkono - May 19, 2022

18 by MegamiRem »»
Nov 24, 2023 8:08 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Gekitotsu Episode 9 Discussion

gainaxgeek - May 12, 2022

28 by MegamiRem »»
Nov 24, 2023 6:07 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Gekitotsu Episode 8 Discussion

AddaeAkono - May 5, 2022

21 by MegamiRem »»
Nov 24, 2023 5:26 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Gekitotsu Episode 7 Discussion

tyoshi9 - Apr 28, 2022

16 by MegamiRem »»
Nov 24, 2023 4:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.