Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 13, 2022 3:29 AM
Apr 2022
I'm just dropping this topic in as I'd like to hear the community's thoughts on the matter and voice my own opinion. So I've heard some say that S2 will come out by the end of this year while I've heard others say Fall 2023. While I understand why people feel like S2 might not come out till mid-to-late 2023, I think I have good reason to believe it will come sooner. Firstly, this project in its entirety has been in production since 2017-2018 which means they’ve been working on it (regardless of COVID) for quite a while. Secondly, at least in my experience, when studios announce that the subsequent season to an anime is in production, that typically indicates that it’s coming sooner rather later - especially when a show yields significant praise/light novel sales due to the success of the anime. Furthermore, many leaks have strongly suggested that S3 is already in production as well. This should lead us to the conclusion that, if they’re already ahead enough on S2 to be working on S3, then S2 should once again be coming out sooner rather than later. My best guess is that it will either come out in Winter 2023 or Spring 2023 at the latest. I could be very off base with this, guided by wishful thinking, but I do think I’ve come to a rational conclusion. Either way, I just hope they take their time to deliver us the same high quality product as the first season. Anyways, what are your thoughts on the matter and when do you think we will get the second season of MT?
PgkMAL0215May 13, 2022 3:43 AM
May 13, 2022 3:30 AM

May 2021
After Spring 2023 and before Spring 2024.

May 13, 2022 3:37 AM
Jul 2021
It's pointless to predict. We have no official news nor any reliable leaks on the release date as of now. But I guess, considering a whole animation team is solely focused on Mushoku Tensei rn, it may come out sooner than we think.
May 13, 2022 4:19 AM
Nov 2020
I pretty much agree. I can't see it coming out before 2023 so winter 2023 seems plausible. Just hope it doesn't come out after 2023.
May 13, 2022 4:20 AM
Jan 2021
The sooner the better is all I can say
May 13, 2022 4:27 AM

Mar 2021
Season 1 was announced around same month as when Season 2 is announced. That is in March.

Season 1 was announced on 2019, It was then supposed to air in late-mid to late 2020( Summer or Fall 2020) ,but Covid caused them to push it to Early 2021(Winter season).

Season 2 was announced in March 2022(coincidence? I think not!) Now, Looking at this figures, we can expect a second season to air in Late-mid to Late 2023(Summer or Fall 2023) or worst case scenario, early 2024(Winter 2024).
May 13, 2022 5:07 AM

Jul 2017
It's not gonna be earlier than fall 2023 or later in 2024. The staff that was working on S1 is currently working on other projects and season 2 is still in the pre-production phase.
May 13, 2022 5:15 AM

Jul 2021
I think season 2 will be out late-2023 at the latest considering the high production quality. But since many leaks say even season 3 is in production and the fact that Studio Bind was created specifically for this project, it might be sooner. Another thing is that, Studio Bind is a collaboration between Studio White Fox and Egg Firm and White Fox is also working on Re:Zero which people are saying is having a season 3 in 2023, also Studio Bind seems to be adapting another anime called Onipan or something. In the end, i’m guessing 2023-2024.

Friends are nothing more than the people who you spend the fun, yet meaningless times with. When those times get rough, they aren’t there to support you.

My Mushoku Tensei Review
May 13, 2022 5:20 AM
Jan 2021
adeeb91 said:
I think season 2 will be out late-2023 at the latest considering the high production quality. But since many leaks say even season 3 is in production and the fact that Studio Bind was created specifically for this project, it might be sooner. Another thing is that, Studio Bind is a collaboration between Studio White Fox and Egg Firm and White Fox is also working on Re:Zero which people are saying is having a season 3 in 2023, also Studio Bind seems to be adapting another anime called Onipan or something. In the end, i’m guessing 2023-2024.

Onipan is being made by wit studio but yes bind is adapting a different slice of life novel that is under production atm
May 13, 2022 6:40 AM

Mar 2021
i say best case scenario late 2023 if we're having the same animations we got in S1
May 13, 2022 7:47 AM
Jun 2021
If it was announced that early, then it’s likely completely storyboarded. Everything here is conjecture, so it’s pointless, but I expect that at best case they are working on the complex animations/voice acting for season 2 and have already started storyboarding season 3.

I would be surprised if they have made any kind of significant progress in animation for season 2 considering the level of detail and quality of season 1. Too many moving parts.
May 13, 2022 9:03 AM
Jan 2022
PgkMAL0215 said:
I'm just dropping this topic in as I'd like to hear the community's thoughts on the matter and voice my own opinion. So I've heard some say that S2 will come out by the end of this year while I've heard others say Fall 2023. While I understand why people feel like S2 might not come out till mid-to-late 2023, I think I have good reason to believe it will come sooner. Firstly, this project in its entirety has been in production since 2017-2018 which means they’ve been working on it (regardless of COVID) for quite a while. Secondly, at least in my experience, when studios announce that the subsequent season to an anime is in production, that typically indicates that it’s coming sooner rather later - especially when a show yields significant praise/light novel sales due to the success of the anime. Furthermore, many leaks have strongly suggested that S3 is already in production as well. This should lead us to the conclusion that, if they’re already ahead enough on S2 to be working on S3, then S2 should once again be coming out sooner rather than later. My best guess is that it will either come out in Winter 2023 or Spring 2023 at the latest. I could be very off base with this, guided by wishful thinking, but I do think I’ve come to a rational conclusion. Either way, I just hope they take their time to deliver us the same high quality product as the first season. Anyways, what are your thoughts on the matter and when do you think we will get the second season of MT?

... ........ ........ ...
May 13, 2022 9:03 AM
Jul 2021
I'll guess summer or fall 2023
May 13, 2022 9:36 AM
Nov 2018
PgkMAL0215 said:

i dont really care, as long as its as good or better
May 14, 2022 12:32 AM

Oct 2021
@PgkMAL0215
While I understand why people feel like S2 might not come out till mid-to-late 2023, I think I have good reason to believe it will come sooner. Firstly, this project in its entirety has been in production since 2017-2018 which means they’ve been working on it (regardless of COVID) for quite a while.

Those are pre production planning which you are marking out they were in production since 2017-2018 ( where they recruit staffs , deciding broadcasting channel’s and advertisements ) even after a big pre production they had tight schedule for s1 even some of the episodes were outsourced and some talented animator’s carried the production by doing solo key animation for whole episode . They needed to do it in split cour due to production problems and in the end they were able to maintain the quality.

Secondly, at least in my experience, when studios announce that the subsequent season to an anime is in production, that typically indicates that it’s coming sooner rather later - especially when a show yields significant praise/light novel sales due to the success of the anime.

No you are wrong in this matter , Even jujutsu kaisen s2 is in production but they still revealed their airing year which is 2023 , in case of mushoku tensei without revealing the airing year it pretty much tells that they are yet to start another pre production process for s2 ( I have said what’s pre production above ) Even consistent talented character designer who was saved grace for mushoku tensei left the production after s1 and joined chainsawman as a core staff . Many things needs to be shuffled in mushoku tensei core staff department like sub character designer yochiko saito accepted as the main character designer after sugiyama left . The s2 ain’t coming soon but it will take alot of time hopefully we will see a Pv for s2 next year .

Furthermore, many leaks have strongly suggested that S3 is already in production as well.

Those were false rumours the production committee just started their production planning for s2 🤦‍♂️. There is no such thing like s3 is in production at this moment when it took them huge problems while making s1 .

This should lead us to the conclusion that, if they’re already ahead enough on S2 to be working on S3, then S2 should once again be coming out sooner rather than later. My best guess is that it will either come out in Winter 2023 or Spring 2023 at the latest. I could be very off base with this, guided by wishful thinking, but I do think I’ve come to a rational conclusion. Either way, I just hope they take their time to deliver us the same high quality product as the first season. Anyways, what are your thoughts on the matter and when do you think we will get the second season of MT?

The s3 thing is purely a made up thing and you should refrain yourself from spreading misinformation. Not even winter or spring . If they were so ahead for their production of s2 lol they should have actually showed a promotional Pv for it when they announced.

Mostly the Pv for s2 next year and for airing date It will be mostly falls 2023 or winter 2024 .
AtoferatofeMay 14, 2022 12:36 AM
May 14, 2022 2:16 PM
Apr 2016
If we are lucky and also we want to an as high quality production as Season 1 then the best bet is Fall 2023.
May 14, 2022 2:17 PM
Apr 2016
V1P3R0P said:
Season 1 was announced around same month as when Season 2 is announced. That is in March.

Season 1 was announced on 2019, It was then supposed to air in late-mid to late 2020( Summer or Fall 2020) ,but Covid caused them to push it to Early 2021(Winter season).

Season 2 was announced in March 2022(coincidence? I think not!) Now, Looking at this figures, we can expect a second season to air in Late-mid to Late 2023(Summer or Fall 2023) or worst case scenario, early 2024(Winter 2024).

Very different. Season 1 announcements are very different cases to Season 2s since you can never know when either of them especially Season 1 entered development.
May 14, 2022 5:10 PM
May 2021
I predicted gonna be winter 2023
May 14, 2022 5:36 PM
Apr 2022
Beexi said:
@PgkMAL0215
While I understand why people feel like S2 might not come out till mid-to-late 2023, I think I have good reason to believe it will come sooner. Firstly, this project in its entirety has been in production since 2017-2018 which means they’ve been working on it (regardless of COVID) for quite a while.

Those are pre production planning which you are marking out they were in production since 2017-2018 ( where they recruit staffs , deciding broadcasting channel’s and advertisements ) even after a big pre production they had tight schedule for s1 even some of the episodes were outsourced and some talented animator’s carried the production by doing solo key animation for whole episode . They needed to do it in split cour due to production problems and in the end they were able to maintain the quality.

Secondly, at least in my experience, when studios announce that the subsequent season to an anime is in production, that typically indicates that it’s coming sooner rather later - especially when a show yields significant praise/light novel sales due to the success of the anime.

No you are wrong in this matter , Even jujutsu kaisen s2 is in production but they still revealed their airing year which is 2023 , in case of mushoku tensei without revealing the airing year it pretty much tells that they are yet to start another pre production process for s2 ( I have said what’s pre production above ) Even consistent talented character designer who was saved grace for mushoku tensei left the production after s1 and joined chainsawman as a core staff . Many things needs to be shuffled in mushoku tensei core staff department like sub character designer yochiko saito accepted as the main character designer after sugiyama left . The s2 ain’t coming soon but it will take alot of time hopefully we will see a Pv for s2 next year .

Furthermore, many leaks have strongly suggested that S3 is already in production as well.

Those were false rumours the production committee just started their production planning for s2 🤦‍♂️. There is no such thing like s3 is in production at this moment when it took them huge problems while making s1 .

This should lead us to the conclusion that, if they’re already ahead enough on S2 to be working on S3, then S2 should once again be coming out sooner rather than later. My best guess is that it will either come out in Winter 2023 or Spring 2023 at the latest. I could be very off base with this, guided by wishful thinking, but I do think I’ve come to a rational conclusion. Either way, I just hope they take their time to deliver us the same high quality product as the first season. Anyways, what are your thoughts on the matter and when do you think we will get the second season of MT?

The s3 thing is purely a made up thing and you should refrain yourself from spreading misinformation. Not even winter or spring . If they were so ahead for their production of s2 lol they should have actually showed a promotional Pv for it when they announced.

Mostly the Pv for s2 next year and for airing date It will be mostly falls 2023 or winter 2024 .

I see now how I may have been laboring under some faulty assumptions. Though I don’t agree with everything you stated, I appreciate the feedback. Thanks
May 14, 2022 9:28 PM
Apr 2022
foresterfx said:
If it was announced that early, then it’s likely completely storyboarded. Everything here is conjecture, so it’s pointless, but I expect that at best case they are working on the complex animations/voice acting for season 2 and have already started storyboarding season 3.

I would be surprised if they have made any kind of significant progress in animation for season 2 considering the level of detail and quality of season 1. Too many moving parts.

Yea... it's very likely they're done with story-boarding at this point. Although the animations will certainly take time (especially considering the high standard of quality to be expected from MT), I still don't think Spring 2023 is an unreasonable airing date. One aspect I forgot to mention in the post which favors an early release date is the fact that, as we all know, Studio Bind was crafted first and foremost to adapt MT. Keeping that in mind, despite beginning its production of a second show, it seems evident to me that they will continue to put the best of their resources towards the production of MT (and financially speaking, this makes the most sense anyways). Unlike most studios, whom may be working on 2-5 shows at any given time, Bind's core focus is almost entirely on MT. Therefore, to my understanding, this should at least somewhat reduce the overall time of production that we would come to expect from the normal production schedule of an anime. Now, I understand that the MT team has lost some staff members to other projects, but honestly, I don't see this as of big an issue as some are making it out to be as it seems they have retained the key players in their staff. Also, it's very possible the MT team has been in the production phase of S2 since December or possibly even earlier according to certain leaks. It was speculated that they held off the S2 announcement until the early showing of the OVA not because they were waiting for S2 to be green-lit, but instead as a marketing tactic (in order to further increase light novel sales). Of course, this is simply conjecture, so take it with a grain of salt; however, it is still something to keep in mind. Considering that most anime take roughly 1-1.5 yrs to complete following pre-production, if these rumors hold any weight, then an early-to-mid 2023 release is very reasonable and likely. As a final thought, I believe they'll likely be doing another split-cour with the same intentions as in S1 (to give the animation team some breathing room and time to keep up the high quality of their work) because it proved to be the right decision.
PgkMAL0215May 14, 2022 9:48 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Oct 31, 2021

399 by JasperLord »»
Yesterday, 1:40 AM

» Does Rudeus ever stop being a pervert

Jking_The_Dark - Mar 22

36 by ChaChaVan »»
May 17, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2021

190 by marta_valse »»
May 14, 3:04 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Homura24 - Dec 19, 2021

467 by MRP044 »»
May 13, 9:47 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2021

274 by marta_valse »»
May 13, 12:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.