Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 30, 2022 2:07 AM

Apr 2020
This is the original source material of the movie so I don't see why we shouldn't get it approved.
There is also a spelling mistake in the English name.
Seven Seas entertainment released the novel in 2 volumes with different names so this should also be addressed in the "more info" or "background" section
Jul 5, 2022 7:27 PM

Apr 2020
Just writing another post so it can get bumped up :D
Aug 28, 2022 1:53 AM
Nov 2021
weird how it hasnt been approved yet
Aug 28, 2022 2:08 AM

Jan 2017
ItzElite said:
This is the original source material of the movie so I don't see why we shouldn't get it approved.
curaoen said:

If this really is a Light Novel , it's indeed weird that it didn't got approved since then.

But i was personally expecting it to be a regular Novel...
In this case it would makes sense , since MAL pretty much ignore regular Novels to focus on everything else as you can see by how many of them there is in the database.

Edit : I've checked , and it's a regular Novel.
Satoshi Kon also only took it as an inspiration , so it doesn't meet the guidelines of MAL anyway.
I.2.4 Novels
Proper novels which are a direct adaptation/prequel/sequel/spin-off/side story of an existing database entry (e.g. Shinsekai yori); cannot be an interpretation.
Restricted to Japanese/Korean/Chinese novels written in the 1980s and beyond.
Alexioos95Aug 28, 2022 2:12 AM
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Aug 28, 2022 2:14 AM

Apr 2020
Alexioos95 said:
ItzElite said:
curaoen said:

If this really is a Light Novel , it's indeed weird that it didn't got approved since then.

But i was personally expecting it to be a regular Novel...
In this case it would makes sense , since MAL pretty much ignore regular Novels to focus on everything else as you can see by how many of them there is in the database.

Edit : I've checked , and it's a regular Novel.
Satoshi Kon also only took it as an inspiration , so it doesn't meet the guidelines of MAL anyway.
I.2.4 Novels
Proper novels which are a direct adaptation/prequel/sequel/spin-off/side story of an existing database entry (e.g. Shinsekai yori); cannot be an interpretation.
Restricted to Japanese/Korean/Chinese novels written in the 1980s and beyond.

It says light novel in the "type" section so I assume that it will be added in the database soon
Aug 28, 2022 2:21 AM

Jan 2017
ItzElite said:
It says light novel in the "type" section so I assume that it will be added in the database soon

From what i could see , it's labelled as a "Light Novel" only by the English publisher , not by the Japanese one.
The user who submitted this entry probably didn't verified that.
On the Movie entry , it's also labelled as an adaptation of a "Novel".

So i'm pretty sure this entry will eventually get deleted.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.