Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 28, 2022 12:41 PM
Anime crunchtime

Jun 2017
Simple enough question: I was wondering if I should watch the specials for this series or not, and if it's canon to the main series or not?

Thanks for answering!^^
Apr 28, 2022 12:55 PM
Apr 2020
https://myanimelist.net/anime/6064
do you mean this? if so then not exactly, its just one episode i believe and its not exactly integral but it gives a bit of background information about a few things
Apr 28, 2022 12:57 PM
Apr 2020
Swindler04 said:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/6064
do you mean this? if so then not exactly, its just one episode i believe and its not exactly integral but it gives a bit of background information about a few things

never mind im thinking of something else, this is just 30 second skits at the end of each episode
Apr 28, 2022 1:15 PM
Dec 2020
If you're talking about Higurashi Kai specials then no, those aren't canon. Those are basically one minut episode of some like funny moments if we can call it like that
My Candies:
Apr 28, 2022 6:09 PM
Anime crunchtime

Jun 2017
@Swindler04 and @H4ze123 Thank you very much for answering! I'll check it out quickly next week when I go to watch episode 2 but I probably won't watch it if it's essentially the same as the next episode preview I saw in episode 1 today..
Apr 29, 2022 2:55 PM
Apr 2020
Klefki_of_Awsome said:
Simple enough question: I was wondering if I should watch the specials for this series or not, and if it's canon to the main series or not?

Thanks for answering!^^

I have no idea what specials your talking about.The only one that comes to mind is the no ni rei specials.You can watch that one after you watch no ni kai tho.I cant say what the special is about cuz it kinda spoils no ni kai lol.
Apr 29, 2022 2:58 PM
Apr 2020
Klefki_of_Awsome said:

Thanks for answering!^^

I have no idea what specials your talking about.The only one that comes to mind is the no ni rei specials.You can watch that one after you watch no ni kai tho.I cant say what the special is about cuz it kinda spoils no ni kai lol.
Apr 29, 2022 3:12 PM

Oct 2017
Klefki_of_Awsome said:
@Swindler04 and @H4ze123 Thank you very much for answering! I'll check it out quickly next week when I go to watch episode 2 but I probably won't watch it if it's essentially the same as the next episode preview I saw in episode 1 today..

The first episode of Kai is basically a recap of the final arc of season 1 told from an adult Rena's perspective (kinda neat imo). After that is a mini arc that technically isn't canon, but it's not bad either. The rest of the show (I think around episode 7 onward) covers the 7th and 8th arcs of the visual novel. I know that the plot structure can be super confusing if you're not familiar with it, but the series is definitely one of my favorites.
Apr 29, 2022 6:03 PM
Anime crunchtime

Jun 2017
@Dr_Stoned Ah, same here, and yes, it's confusing, but I can't stop myself from liking it, even if tbh I actually kinda hated it up to episode 10 of the OG series then after episode 11 aired, my eyes were opened and I REALLY enjoyed everything afterwards, despite some scenes being gross, lol~!^^'>3

@Mugen-kairo No, I was asking about the side story entry under relations, the one that says specials in the word. I do know that there is an OVA sequel called Rei after this and then two specials episode that are more comedy before getting into Gou and then Sotsu but I was only asking about the specials for Kai.

BTW you double posted, so don't know if you wanna fix that or not but I can't remove the second post myself so please do what you like with it, thanks..

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LunarEmerald - Dec 17, 2007

365 by Playcool »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.