Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 23, 2022 11:05 PM
Feb 2021
I just watched first two episodes of Ubw and i feel like watching in dub will be better has anyone watched this with english dub is it any good . This the first anime for which i didn't like the sub because of its english words just dropping in between of Japanese.
Apr 23, 2022 11:20 PM

Mar 2011
Thought the dub was pretty awful, but I hate most dubs, so do with that what you will.
Apr 23, 2022 11:31 PM
Aug 2018
The dub isn’t bad, but I still prefer the sub.
Apr 23, 2022 11:36 PM
Dec 2021
shirou's voice in dub makes me laugh XD, Sakura's voice is also better in sub but she does not have much screentime, so if you can manage the mc's voice then it's good enough
Apr 23, 2022 11:37 PM
Jul 2018
I haven’t seen the sub but I’ve seen the dub for zero, ubw, and heavens feel and thought it was pretty good
Apr 23, 2022 11:45 PM

Jan 2021
The English words are kinda the charm of the original. But I spent 70 hours reading the Visual Novel with Sub VAs so I can't really imagine them dubbed.
Either way, dubs are adequate unless they're really old. Unless you feel that the localisation is detrimental to your experience, you can stick with dubs.
Apr 23, 2022 11:50 PM
Feb 2021
hihlw said:
shirou's voice in dub makes me laugh XD, Sakura's voice is also better in sub but she does not have much screentime, so if you can manage the mc's voice then it's good enough
shirous english va is same eren Yeager his voice was not that bad i will give it a try
Apr 24, 2022 12:11 AM

Nov 2021
I will say Sub is goated, not saying dub is bad but sub >> dub, EXCALIBURRRR..

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Apr 24, 2022 12:34 AM
Dec 2020
the English dub for this is really good! So yep, continue watching the show in dub πŸ‘
Apr 24, 2022 12:42 AM

Apr 2021
certifiedbinger said:
The English words are kinda the charm of the original. But I spent 70 hours reading the Visual Novel with Sub VAs so I can't really imagine them dubbed.
Either way, dubs are adequate unless they're really old. Unless you feel that the localisation is detrimental to your experience, you can stick with dubs.

If you've read the VN can you please tell me if there's extra content which is yet to adapted?
Do we get to see more of Shirou and the 3 girls?
Or do we atleast get to see what happened to Kiritsugu as it was never well explained in the anime?
I love Monogatari Series
Apr 24, 2022 1:00 AM
Apr 2020
Mimoh_24 said:
I just watched first two episodes of Ubw and i feel like watching in dub will be better has anyone watched this with english dub is it any good . This the first anime for which i didn't like the sub because of its english words just dropping in between of Japanese.

I like the English dub a lot Bryce papenbrook is my favourite English voice actor while knicbrokker as Rin wasn't bad at all it was enjoyable. If I have to say for shirou I never liked the Japanese voice artist, while Archer and Saber are on strong side in eng dub Rin is probably more preferable in Japanese dub
Apr 24, 2022 1:01 AM
Jan 2021
It’s pretty good tbh. For some reason I found the dub to be bad in heavens feel, but unlimited blade works dub was great!
Apr 24, 2022 1:02 AM
Jan 2021
guritosao said:
Mimoh_24 said:

I like the English dub a lot Bryce papenbrook is my favourite English voice actor while knicbrokker as Rin wasn't bad at all it was enjoyable. If I have to say for shirou I never liked the Japanese voice artist, while Archer and Saber are on strong side in eng dub Rin is probably more preferable in Japanese dub

Sorry dude, Brianna didn’t voice Rin πŸ˜‚
Apr 24, 2022 1:13 AM
Oct 2020
aktiwkunn said:
certifiedbinger said:

If you've read the VN can you please tell me if there's extra content which is yet to adapted?
Or do we atleast get to see what happened to Kiritsugu as it was never well explained in the anime?

Kiritsugu dies from a curse he gets from the corrupted grail 5 years after the 4th grail war at 34. You don't see it happen in any source. There is a good amount of interactions between characters I believe that isn't adapted, mostly slice of life stuff I think. I haven't read the VN yet btw but there is also a lot of dialogue and inner monologue of Shirou's that you miss I hear that changes how his character is portrayed.
Apr 24, 2022 1:27 AM
Apr 2020
ImmortalRecon said:
guritosao said:

Sorry dude, Brianna didn’t voice Rin πŸ˜‚
wait sorry about that I thought she did, guess I forgot in 3 years
Apr 24, 2022 2:21 AM
May 2021
Mimoh_24 said:

yea i watched the dub and it was really good ,
Apr 24, 2022 2:31 AM

Jan 2021
aktiwkunn said:
certifiedbinger said:

They've pretty much adapted Fate/stay night in all its entirety, with a lot of cuts, especially in Fate and Heaven's Feel routes. Fate route was VERY info-dumpey and basically explained everything to do with Fate's magic system via Tohsaka's lectures. As you'd expect, a lot of it didn't make it in Studio Deen's adaptation which was already very messy.
Heaven's Feel was very streamlined so a lot of the conversations didn't make it in. Although a lot of VN fans were pissed by the trilogy, I find it to be a great adaptation.
As far as Kiritsugu goes, the VN stated that Kirei/Holy Grail cursed him to a short lifespan and he passed away on the very night he entrusted his dream to Shirou, sitting in the backyard.

The VN also has a sequel called Fate/hollow ataraxia that takes a completely Slice of Life approach in the Day and a Heaven's Feel-ish horror tone by the Night. It serves as a pseudo-sequel to all three routes being a completely different timeline, and goes in-depth into Angra Mainyuu. It was about half the length of the original VN. Ufotable animated its openings; you can check these two out to get an idea of what the tone is.

certifiedbingerApr 24, 2022 2:42 AM
Apr 24, 2022 3:10 AM
Jan 2017
I watched it dub initially cried at that time, watched it sub still cried but i kinda felt more impact on dub, but thats because I watched it dub first.(Talking about ep 18-20, especially when Last Star Dust hits in ep 20)

Gilgamesh's VA and Archer's were so good. Not just them but all main casts were so good.
Except Sakura and Rin(kinda, its meh)
Hhhmmmmmm.......
Apr 24, 2022 3:23 AM
Aug 2020
The dub of this show is really good so go for it
Apr 24, 2022 4:13 AM

Apr 2021
Xylathoth said:
aktiwkunn said:

Kiritsugu dies from a curse he gets from the corrupted grail 5 years after the 4th grail war at 34. You don't see it happen in any source. There is a good amount of interactions between characters I believe that isn't adapted, mostly slice of life stuff I think. I haven't read the VN yet btw but there is also a lot of dialogue and inner monologue of Shirou's that you miss I hear that changes how his character is portrayed.
certifiedbinger said:
aktiwkunn said:

They've pretty much adapted Fate/stay night in all its entirety, with a lot of cuts, especially in Fate and Heaven's Feel routes. Fate route was VERY info-dumpey and basically explained everything to do with Fate's magic system via Tohsaka's lectures. As you'd expect, a lot of it didn't make it in Studio Deen's adaptation which was already very messy.
Heaven's Feel was very streamlined so a lot of the conversations didn't make it in. Although a lot of VN fans were pissed by the trilogy, I find it to be a great adaptation.
As far as Kiritsugu goes, the VN stated that Kirei/Holy Grail cursed him to a short lifespan and he passed away on the very night he entrusted his dream to Shirou, sitting in the backyard.

The VN also has a sequel called Fate/hollow ataraxia that takes a completely Slice of Life approach in the Day and a Heaven's Feel-ish horror tone by the Night. It serves as a pseudo-sequel to all three routes being a completely different timeline, and goes in-depth into Angra Mainyuu. It was about half the length of the original VN. Ufotable animated its openings; you can check these two out to get an idea of what the tone is.

I'll buy it someday then as I'm a huge fan of Shirou and Rin's interactions.
Thanks guys
I love Monogatari Series
Apr 24, 2022 7:01 AM
Dec 2021
Mimoh_24 said:

I never watched Dubs anymore
Apr 24, 2022 10:54 AM

Nov 2020
I initially watched it in Dub, and shirou's voice was soo funny , I felt it was emotionless & corny in contrast to watching it sub, Sub Shirou is just wayy better and suits a lot better his character,

I also played VN original Fate route so, I liked the sub voices better from there , so I decided to rewatch in sub

Although I believe sub and dub saber and archer both sound identical, also kirei (just the Japanese voice has alot more depth)
Apr 24, 2022 10:58 AM

Jul 2017
Bryce was more than enough to put me off watching the dub lol

Apr 24, 2022 12:31 PM
Jan 2021
I much prefer the dub because I can stand the way archer says ‘I am the bone of my sword’ in Japanese
Apr 24, 2022 2:27 PM
Dec 2020
Mimoh_24 said:

The dub was average for me(meaning it's below average in terms of decent voice acting)

Shirou's voice in the Sub just has that fierceness that convinces you that he can go up against the likes of Kotomine and Gilgamesh. Shirou in the Dub just sounds like a goody good boy who tries to act tough

Rin... I mean.. I wouldn't say she's bad but like... Her VA in Unlimited Blade Works Abridged I just found way better

Gilgamesh is probably the one I liked the least. I just can't imagine anyone but his Jap VA to voice him. That laugh and mongrel in the dub just doesn't hit the same

Kirei is alright, I would prefer a lower voice, but he wasn't bad

Archer was actually pretty good, but I didn't like how they altered the UBW chantπŸ˜‚, that's probably just because I watched the Sub first
Apr 24, 2022 6:16 PM
Jan 2022
Kotomine's VA in the dub makes it 100% worth it imo
Apr 24, 2022 6:51 PM

Jan 2021
Tom-22174 said:
Kotomine's VA in the dub makes it 100% worth it imo

imo kireis sub va is godly
Read the visual novel nerd
Apr 24, 2022 9:27 PM
Apr 2020
It's been a long while but I remember really enjoying the dub. It's a bit over the top in some places but I think every cast member really nails the energy and cadence of their characters.
Apr 25, 2022 4:47 AM
May 2016
there's really no reason to watch the dub version of anything, unless it's a random generic anime that I just want to have running in the background while u run errands or etv. stick to the sub, English words being awkward is part of the experience...
Apr 25, 2022 4:51 PM
Jul 2020
aktiwkunn said:
certifiedbinger said:

if you wanna know about Kiritsugu watch 2006 Fate
Apr 25, 2022 7:58 PM

Jan 2020
I watched this dubbed and liked it

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by oilapqoi »»
May 15, 12:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.