should i start with this fate?
Apr 23, 2022 5:10 AM
Mar 2021
StillDrew said:

No, the correct start is Fate/Stay Night 2006 then Fate/Zero
Apr 23, 2022 5:11 AM
Jul 2018
Most watch Zero first then Stay Night UBW.
Apr 23, 2022 5:11 AM

Nov 2021
Of all of them why this one to start with?
The main ones are 2006, ubw, heaven feels, zero etc..

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Apr 23, 2022 5:18 AM
May 2021
Don't start with zero if you want to get far into Fate. It butchers characters and isn't canon to the original series, aka Fate/Stay Night.
Apr 23, 2022 5:23 AM

Jan 2017
StillDrew said:

Apocrypha is a Spin-Off , so no , it's not meant to be your 1st Fate.
To start the Fate Series , go for the Main Story : Fate/Stay Night 2006 > Fate/Stay Night : Unlimited Blade Works TV Seasons > Fate/Stay Night : Heaven's Feel Trilogy Movies > Fate/Zero.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Apr 23, 2022 5:30 AM
Jun 2021
StillDrew said:

No definitely not. But once you have watched the main anime by ufotable(zero—>ubw—>hf) then this is a good one to start with if you wanna get into the all the fate spin offs.
Apr 23, 2022 5:32 AM
Mar 2021
I see,okay then thank you guys
Apr 23, 2022 5:37 AM
Jul 2018
It's really up to you. I consider the fate series as complete stories which you can watch in any order (of course there are exceptions). You can watch anything unless you understand it.

Many people advise you to start with the main story line and by that I mean Fate/Zero and then the 3 routes(stay night(2006), UBW and Heavens feel).

But If you want to start with Apocrypha you can. The mechanics aren't that well explained but you can grasp the basics. It is an alternative story which means that it won't spoil the events of the main story line. And also I can't forget to mention that Astolfo is the best.
Apr 23, 2022 5:44 AM
Mar 2021
holyeran said:
It's really up to you. I consider the fate series as complete stories which you can watch in any order (of course there are exceptions). You can watch anything unless you understand it.

Many people advise you to start with the main story line and by that I mean Fate/Zero and then the 3 routes(stay night(2006), UBW and Heavens feel).

But If you want to start with Apocrypha you can. The mechanics aren't that well explained but you can grasp the basics. It is an alternative story which means that it won't spoil the events of the main story line. And also I can't forget to mention that Astolfo is the best.

aight thanks dude
Apr 23, 2022 6:14 AM
Jul 2020
Start with the Fate/stay night visual novel. Anything anyone else tells you is wrong.
Apr 23, 2022 6:51 AM

Mar 2011
Zero -> UBW -> Heaven's Feel -> then whatever else
Apr 23, 2022 7:57 AM
Apr 2020
StillDrew said:

I personally feel like in some aspects it might be much better than zero and stay night
not watch order just saying aspects
Apr 23, 2022 7:58 AM
Jan 2022
PresE2PayRespect said:
Don't start with zero if you want to get far into Fate. It butchers characters and isn't canon to the original series, aka Fate/Stay Night.

Tf do you mean it’s not canon? It is a direct prequel to fate/stay night and all of its routes!
Apr 23, 2022 8:07 AM
Feb 2022
PresE2PayRespect said:

They were able to do everything the fate series does/ wants to do but better with Fate/Zero by having realistic characters and a much more mature theme. MC isn’t a wanna save everyone crybaby like Shirou. It only has less fanservice….. which I’d consider another positive
Apr 23, 2022 8:07 AM
May 2021
McCrizzle said:
PresE2PayRespect said:

Tf do you mean it’s not canon? It is a direct prequel to fate/stay night and all of its routes!
Zero Saber was completely different from Stay Night Saber. Also iirc F/SN Kirei realized he was evil from the start, while that happened to Zero Kirei after he talked with Gilgamesh.
Apr 23, 2022 8:24 AM
Jan 2022
PresE2PayRespect said:
McCrizzle said:

Zero Saber was completely different from Stay Night Saber. Also iirc F/SN Kirei realized he was evil from the start, while that happened to Zero Kirei after he talked with Gilgamesh.

1. I don’t think zero saber and sn saber are much different in character, and even if they are - it just might seem so, because the relationship between saber and shirou were much more personal and intimate, whereas with Kiritsugu they were more master-servant like.

2. If I understand you correctly - you mean when Kirei recognized his own twisted nature, but this is a minor issue and does not really affect the continuity. Zero was written later and by a different author, Gen Urobuchi, who wanted to tell a compelling story but was bound by the timeline and info we are given in sn. But 90% of his ideas were approved by Nasu, who also was the one to let him write it in the first place, and I can’t see any reason why Zero cannot be canon
Apr 23, 2022 8:24 AM
May 2021
Atanpenguin said:
PresE2PayRespect said:

They were able to do everything the fate series does/ wants to do but better with Fate/Zero by having realistic characters and a much more mature theme. MC isn’t a wanna save everyone crybaby like Shirou. It only has less fanservice….. which I’d consider another positive

Realistic as in manchild Kiri sticking to his beliefs even more stubbornly than Shirou? Mature theme as in Waver canonically cumming to the sight of Iskandar or Kiri eating burgers to remind him of the taste of slaughter? Iedk where you even got Shirou being a crybaby from. Mana transfer is questionable, HF sex was overdone (fuck ufo) but both made more sense than Kiritsugu cheating on his wife.

The adaptations are pretty bad anyways.
Apr 23, 2022 8:35 AM
May 2021
McCrizzle said:

1. I don’t think zero saber and sn saber are much different in character, and even if they are - it just might seem so, because the relationship between saber and shirou were much more personal and intimate, whereas with Kiritsugu they were more master-servant like.
It doesn't just "seem so". Being a "muh honor" child is a far cry from the Saber who immediately launched at Lancer or Archer the moment she had a chance. Urobutcher took one line from the VN and made it her personality.

McCrizzle said:

2. If I understand you correctly - you mean when Kirei recognized his own twisted nature, but this is a minor issue and does not really affect the continuity. Zero was written later and by a different author, Gen Urobuchi, who wanted to tell a compelling story but was bound by the timeline and info we are given in sn. But 90% of his ideas were approved by Nasu, who also was the one to let him write it in the first place, and I can’t see any reason why Zero cannot be canon

Different author + inconsistencies = Enough to not be considered "canon" to the original series.
Apr 23, 2022 6:13 PM
Jan 2021
QQNaxooo said:
StillDrew said:

No, the correct start is Fate/Stay Night 2006 then Fate/Zero

lmao so you want him to spoil Zero's ending then spoil a bunch of other things in UBW and Heavens Feel. Psycho watch order
Apr 23, 2022 7:49 PM
Oct 2020
PresE2PayRespect said:
McCrizzle said:

It doesn't just "seem so". Being a "muh honor" child is a far cry from the Saber who immediately launched at Lancer or Archer the moment she had a chance. Urobutcher took one line from the VN and made it her personality.

McCrizzle said:

Different author + inconsistencies = Enough to not be considered "canon" to the original series.

It's canon, nothing's is uncannon in an official licensed work, it's just not a direct prequel to Stay Night. Everything that happened in Zero is similar to the 4th grail war in the Stay Night world but not exactly the same. Also for the character inconsistencies, from what I hear the anime adaptation caused some of that. For example, in the kings banquet scene, in the ln Saber didn't just back down and let her ideals get made fun of.
Apr 23, 2022 7:51 PM
Oct 2020
Since people keep arguing OP, it's all pointless, you can start with Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel or Zero. You could start with the 2006 Stay Night anime too but you don't need to. I would suggest still watching it though if you end up enjoying Fate and don't want to read the VN for the Stay Night route. Both spoil the each other in some way. I started with Zero and had no problems. Don't start with Apocrypha since you probably won't understand some of the basic concepts to Fate.
XylathothApr 23, 2022 8:49 PM
Apr 23, 2022 8:23 PM
May 2021
Xylathoth said:
PresE2PayRespect said:

It's canon, nothing's is uncannon in an official licensed work, it's just not a direct prequel to Stay Night. Everything that happened in Zero is similar to the 4th grail war in the Stay Night world but not exactly the same. Also for the character inconsistencies, from what I hear the anime adaptation caused some of that. For example, in the kings banquet scene, in the ln Saber didn't just back down and let her ideals get made fun of.

Not a direct prequel to Fate/Stay Night = Not canon to the orginal series

And no, she’s still has her “muh honor” personality in the anime. Look at the fights with Deermud.

More topics from this board

» A Guide to Fate/Apocrypha

OneBetta - Mar 14

2 by OneBetta »»
Mar 14, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2017

97 by TheBiggestAm »»
Mar 9, 7:31 PM

» Who is your favorite character from Apocrypha?

Omarumba - Feb 25

28 by Manthors »»
Mar 1, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

278 by PirateHasan »»
Jan 5, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

86 by PirateHasan »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.