Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Land of the Lustrous
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 19, 2022 3:09 PM
Jun 2020
I want to watch HnK, but I’m wondering how it compares to the manga. Can I watch the first season and then go to manga after, or would it just be better to start from the manga?
Apr 19, 2022 3:19 PM
Sep 2021
Well anime covers only like 30 chapters. For the little it covers it’s a decent adaptation. Watch it and I guess continue with the manga
Apr 19, 2022 4:12 PM
Apr 2021
honestly I would just read the manga, then if you want watch the anime. I am an anime fan rather than a manga fan but I ended up reading the manga and it was way better tbh and it goes way further than the anime has adapted. Personally I really love anime for the art and 3d isnt really my style, but even without that preference I would still recommend the manga over the anime
Apr 19, 2022 4:21 PM

Apr 2015
I think you can watch the anime, it should be pretty faithful, but definitely pick up the manga after because the anime is just the beginning.

I also heard how anime helped some people recognize the gems in the beginning, in the manga they are black and white so it can be hard to tell them apart. Anime has colors so I think jumping to manga after would help you tell who is who.

Also the studio did a wonderful job, so hard to not recommend.
Apr 19, 2022 6:25 PM
Mar 2021
I thought the anime was brilliant, not only as an adaptation, but also as a show.

The only problem I had with it was the ending - they kinda shuffled it slightly to have the show end with a bit of closure, rather than the continuation of the series like the manga did.

That said, I lowkey think the manga is one of, if not the best I've ever read.

I will advise you to watch the anime to get a decent grip on the show, then continue from Chapter 31/32 in the manga or watch the show, then start the manga from the beginning bc it has moments in it that the anime either skipped or glossed over.

I thoroughly recommend you watch the anime tho, if you can't already tell
KarnaKuaApr 19, 2022 6:28 PM
Apr 19, 2022 6:31 PM
Jul 2018
I suggest starting with the anime and continuing from the manga, because anime covered like 30 chapters or something.

I think people needs to experience the anime adaptation of Houseki no Kuni, because I think it was done really really well. It made me (a Sakuga lover) interested in FullCGI series because how amazing the visuals were in Houseki no Kuni.

I think this and Beastars (they're done by the same studio btw) should be a gateway to introduce people to CGI, because even though most of CGI in anime series looks like an ass, I see a potential bright future in CGI if it's done well like in Houseki no Kuni.

So yeah, start with the anime because it's amazing, and then continue with the manga. (I literally just started reading the manga btw)
Apr 19, 2022 6:31 PM
Jul 2018
Also, watch Beastars too. 🤣
Apr 19, 2022 6:42 PM

May 2020
The anime is a perfect adaptation for the manga, would very much recommend.
Don't mind me,
just passing by...
Apr 20, 2022 4:59 AM
Oct 2016
VeryGhoul said:
Well anime covers only like 30 chapters. For the little it covers it’s a decent adaptation. Watch it and I guess continue with the manga

It's a great adaptation.
Apr 20, 2022 7:05 AM
Feb 2020
juice37 said:
I want to watch HnK, but I’m wondering how it compares to the manga. Can I watch the first season and then go to manga after, or would it just be better to start from the manga?

okay I'm mainly a manga reader for this show however, the anime is just objectively better to watch. the one problem with the manga is that for the start of the series it's hard to distinguish between the characters because they're literally all the same apart from the hair. the anime adds color so you can distinguish them more easily and that clears a lot of the confusion you would have. also the anime is a perfect adaptation if you ask me. the ending is a bit different than what happened in the manga but all the fights are done way better and the animation is amazing.
tl:dr watch the anime. it's better to watch and then move to the manga.
Apr 20, 2022 8:16 AM
Feb 2021
Hnk has the best 3d Anime style in the history of Anime just watch it.
Apr 20, 2022 2:44 PM
Oct 2021
juice37 said:

I watched the anime and after that I started reading the manga from the beginning.
It didn't feel like a chore or anything like that, I loved seeing how they adapted Ichikawa's unique style in the anime (those 3D models are amazing).
Furthermore, I always try to get used to the manga's style before continuing a series.

There are some differences between manga and anime tho:
- They added a new scene in the anime (and I really liked it)
- They rearranged the last events to make them fit in the last episode (if you don't want to start from chapter 0 you should at least start reading from chapter 25).

P.S.: If there are some mistakes in my english just tell me please, I don't want to keep making them lol
Apr 20, 2022 5:12 PM
Dec 2020
I havent read the manga yet cause I'm still full of hopium for season 2🥲. But all I could say is the anime is amazing on its own. The biggest obstacle would be of course the 3d art-style which could either be the turn-off or the very thing you'd love the most about the show. Everything about the show is objectively great. Story, Setting, Music, Voice Acting and of course, the Desigs. I could write paragraphs for each aspects but yea hehe no one would prolly read it. By the first episode it would already showcase everything to expect the show to deliver with. So yeah, give yourself a treat and watch the anime if you're interested in the series.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2017

317 by ShadowkillZ »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2017

211 by Lucas_Gomes7914 »»
May 22, 7:21 AM

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

114 by ViSpace »»
May 21, 12:52 AM

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

161 by ViSpace »»
May 20, 11:54 PM

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

171 by ViSpace »»
May 20, 6:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.