Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 16, 2022 9:07 AM

Oct 2015
The greatest proposal in manga has finally reached anime!
Apr 16, 2022 9:08 AM

May 2019
sekki_yukine said:
So after this episode they found out about each other right?.....right? I mean loid literally just yeeted a grenade and proposed with its pin, is that normal?

No, Yor's an airhead and Loid is too focused on his objective so they each just thought the other person is agile or something.
Apr 16, 2022 9:09 AM
Nov 2017
The scene where loyd walked into the party was so much cooler in the manga but still amazing episode
Apr 16, 2022 9:09 AM

May 2021
The grenade ring confession in all its glory, enhanced by the OST. Loved it. But damn, Yor looked so much hotter wearing her assassin outfit than in the manga.

Apr 16, 2022 9:10 AM
Dec 2019
I love the op it looked so good and the song was great. This episode was epic. The mama role has been taken by Yor now. Soon the interview will start. I can't wait for the next episode.
Apr 16, 2022 9:11 AM

Dec 2014
This is absolutely fantastic, I love it.

Yor is great, I love her already and Hayami Saori makes her all the more lovable. Very curious if at some point they will figure out each other’s true professions.

The proposal scene was glorious and I’m kinda looking forward to seeing the three of them act as a family.

Kinda tempted to read the manga because I wanna see the next episode right now.
Apr 16, 2022 9:11 AM
Apr 2021
HERE SHE IS!!!! YOR FORGER THE BEST GIRL IN THE SHOW HAS ARRIVEDβ€ΌοΈπŸ˜©β€ΌοΈπŸ˜©
Apr 16, 2022 9:12 AM
Feb 2021
I don't know if it's just me but I saw a drop in animation quality. I mean the scene when Loid fought those guys isn't that bad but when you compare it to the scene when Loid was ambushed on his house in episode 1, they're definitely different in quality. This is I think because the fact that Cloverworks whose responsible for the even episodes of the show can't keep up with Wit Studio whose responsible for the odd episodes. The animation of Wit is just on another level. The opening really gave a cowboy beebop vibes though with it's animation, but I prefer the ED for the song only. The pacing also on my concern, I feel like it made some of the most hillarious moment gone like the scene when bloody Loid barged the room. In the manga it was hillarious af but here I don't really feel it. Overall I think this episode and every even episodes of Spy x Family will drop in quality but it's still a pretty much decent show to watch. Hope they can fix this.
Apr 16, 2022 9:12 AM
Apr 2022
I loved it- so badass and also wholesome
Apr 16, 2022 9:14 AM

Dec 2021
ngl I expected a little more from this scene..

but I'm satisfied. The episode was great. Love it.

"𝑰𝒇 π’‚π’π’šπ’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆ, 𝑰 π’˜π’‚π’π’• 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 π’”π’π’Žπ’†π’π’π’† π’˜π’‰π’ π’Œπ’π’π’˜π’” π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• 𝒔𝒉𝒆 π’˜π’‚π’π’•π’” 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆, 𝒐𝒓 π’Œπ’π’π’˜π’” π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• 𝒔𝒉𝒆 π’π’Šπ’Œπ’†π’”, 𝑰 π’ˆπ’–π’†π’”π’”?"
» [JELEE] «
0:00 〇────── 4:47
β†Ί |◁ II β–·| β™‘

Nov 2013
Amazing! Very good adaptation. 10/10 One hell of a OP family!
Jan 2022
Lizardstep said:
sekki_yukine said:
So after this episode they found out about each other right?.....right? I mean loid literally just yeeted a grenade and proposed with its pin, is that normal?

No, Yor's an airhead and Loid is too focused on his objective so they each just thought the other person is agile or something.
that's way too unrealistic....but I'll allow it, it's just an anime afterall
Apr 16, 2022 9:15 AM
Sep 2021
Damn...Yor is so cool!!! πŸ”₯
Also the epic proposal πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ was waiting for this.
Apr 16, 2022 9:15 AM
Sep 2015
Too much violence, but I'll forgive it since the script is so smart, for example

Yor think cleaning is the only homeworking she can do, that is because she has to clean up the location full of dead bodies that she killed, that is why she can clean, see? Very smart, but also cruel at the same time, I'm in confused state if I should love this anime or not.
Apr 16, 2022 9:16 AM

Jun 2021
I am being honest here. ...
Enjoying this anime but still feels generic...
Haven't found a good anime dialogue to copy yet!!
Apr 16, 2022 9:17 AM

Mar 2016
Best proposal ever.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Dec 2021
I’m screaming! It was amazing!
Feb 2018
The proposal scene... I think that it could have been better animated. I dont know how to explain what i feel about the animation, i love cloverworks and wit studio but it feels like something is missing, reading the manga makes me feel more excited than seeing the adaptation, even in the action scenes, , anyways im sure i'll love the anime as much as i love the manga
Apr 16, 2022 9:22 AM
Jun 2016
Floating-Rhombus said:
ngl I expected a little more from this scene..

but I'm satisfied. The episode was great. Love it.

the marriage proposal that thrilled Michael Bay :v

Apr 16, 2022 9:23 AM
Feb 2021
soulnoya said:
The proposal scene... I think that it could have been better animated. I dont know how to explain what i feel about the animation, i love cloverworks and wit studio but it feels like something is missing, reading the manga makes me feel more excited than seeing the adaptation, even in the action scenes, , anyways im sure i'll love the anime as much as i love the manga
Agree. The proposal scene also on my concern. I thought the manga delivered much more impact than the anime itself. Not only on the proposal scene but also the Loid-barged-the-party scene. I felt it was much more hillarious in the manga than it is in anime
Apr 16, 2022 9:24 AM

Apr 2020
Yor makes her appearance! Op was sick
It was so funny that loid and yor kept on saying bad lies to each other, I'm already so excited for the next episode because this show is too good!!
Apr 16, 2022 9:28 AM
Jun 2020
CuriouSniff said:
soulnoya said:
Agree. The proposal scene also on my concern. I thought the manga delivered much more impact than the anime itself. Not only on the proposal scene but also the Loid-barged-the-party scene. I felt it was much more hillarious in the manga than it is in anime

Well, it's a different situation when you already know what will happen and having seen the panels a thousand times. They said the same thing about episode 1 and the new fans loved it.
Apr 16, 2022 9:29 AM
Apr 2022
I love the grenade ring scene
Apr 16, 2022 9:30 AM

Aug 2021
Great episode. The OP was great, good and catchy song with nice animation. The introduction of Yor was a blessing. She's already the highlight of the entire show and I'm interested to see how the relationship between her, Loid, and Anya plays out. Overall, just an amazing 23 minutes and I'm extremely excited for new episodes of this every week.
Apr 16, 2022 9:30 AM

Feb 2008
I really don't get the people complaining about Cloverworks at this point. Especially after Sono Bisque's excellent run last season and the job so far with this series.
Apr 16, 2022 9:31 AM
May 2021
Yor is looking so good in anime version ❀❀❀. Brilliant episode πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯, can't wait to see that interview episode lol
Apr 16, 2022 9:35 AM
Dec 2019
OMG, I was really looking forward to Yor's first appearance. Yor are so beautiful. She and Loid are so cute together. Can't wait to see all of them interacting. I wanted to see this adaptation for soo long.
One question, will they adapt one chapter per episode? Can't wait to see the next episodes.
Apr 16, 2022 9:35 AM

Oct 2021
The grenade ring confession scene was a very cool move by Loid. OP is good both audio and visually, we got to see some unique sequences in OP.
5/5
Apr 16, 2022 9:36 AM

Mar 2020
That OP was very well done visually, while the song by Official HIGE DANdism was alright. Great mix of action and humour again, with Yor stealing the show with her antics this episode. Anya and Loid also had their share of great moments.

That proposal... that was so good. Looking forward to next week!
Apr 16, 2022 9:36 AM

Jun 2021
God bless Yor, my new waifu <3 She is PERFECTION OMG.
Apr 16, 2022 9:38 AM
Sep 2021
Nice episode, loved the new character Yor. Looking more forward to this series
Apr 16, 2022 9:39 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm a pretty colorful and stylish opening. No matter how he cuts it Frankie's disguise is a lost cause. I guess being single in your mid 20's is a rarity within the country. Yor though seems rather innocent for someone of that age range though. Figures in that the thief was actually part of Frankie's intel gathering. Still he does make the ever reliable sidekick when profits involved. Camilla though really was prideful. Glad that her plan ended up backfiring on her thanks to Yor's reflexes. Its funny seeing how well that Yors simple nature works with Loid's lies. Now that ahs to be the most unique proposal ever being done in the aftereffects of a grenade detonation. Damm what a brilliant ep that introduced not only Yor but also light the sparks that would allow Loid to bag himself a most unique wife as well with the stylist opening being a nice bonus. Curious to see how she handles family life.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2022 9:40 AM

Jul 2011
The nastiness of Yor co-workers animated was scary.

I like Yor for that the thought of, no witness, no problem.

Concussive recovery method, what a nice name.

That's how you propose someone.
Apr 16, 2022 9:41 AM

Mar 2018
Mixed Nuts is such a stunning visual and auditorial experience; wonderful OP.

Yor is so fineee, surprised she isn't hit on more often.

That proposal was perfect, really captures the coolness of this show.
Apr 16, 2022 9:41 AM

Sep 2021
This shows aesthetics may just become one of my favourites. A lot of eye-catching shots with the lighting, the cityscape, etc. Brought Ostania to life beautifully.
Apr 16, 2022 9:42 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Great episode. I'm happy to finally see Yor animated, she's such a sweetheart. Which is always a funny juxtaposition to her job as an assassin. Having Saori Hayami as Yor is a 10/10 casting.

I forgot how mean Yor's coworkers were to her. That Camilla was especially brutal.

Anya showed off that's she's smarter than she looks with that little act she put on.

But Loid came in like a Chad and saved the day. That proposal scene was so good, especially with that music.

As a manga reader I couldn't be happier with how this is going.
Apr 16, 2022 9:42 AM
Nov 2019
CuriouSniff said:
I don't know if it's just me but I saw a drop in animation quality. I mean the scene when Loid fought those guys isn't that bad but when you compare it to the scene when Loid was ambushed on his house in episode 1, they're definitely different in quality. This is I think because the fact that Cloverworks whose responsible for the even episodes of the show can't keep up with Wit Studio whose responsible for the odd episodes. The animation of Wit is just on another level. The opening really gave a cowboy beebop vibes though with it's animation, but I prefer the ED for the song only. The pacing also on my concern, I feel like it made some of the most hillarious moment gone like the scene when bloody Loid barged the room. In the manga it was hillarious af but here I don't really feel it. Overall I think this episode and every even episodes of Spy x Family will drop in quality but it's still a pretty much decent show to watch. Hope they can fix this.

There is no quality drop. The first time he fight with those when he was with Franky is animated and showed differently that's why. Better compare the fight when he was with Yor with first ep . Both the equally good.
Apr 16, 2022 9:43 AM
May 2021
This series is too good 😩😩😩πŸ”₯
Apr 16, 2022 9:44 AM
Oct 2021
OMG this episode was sooo good. The OP is a banger. And Saori Hayami perfectly fits Yor.
The animation was absolutely amazing and the proposal at the end was so damn badass and romantic at the same time. Plus the voice actors did an amazing job-
JUNICHI SUWABE AS THE SHOPKEEEPER Like that's the best thing that can ever happen and Kesho Ono really fits Yuri as well. Overall another amazing episode to an amazing anime.
Apr 16, 2022 9:44 AM

Jul 2017
Yeah this episode was awesome, from start to finish and a lot more enjoyable for me too. This series just works a lot better in anime form for me and I had a hell of a time watching the characters and the craziness that took place here. The music was a lot better than the first episode too along with the pace, and I loved the opening as well. Felt like an upgrade from the Great Pretender opening that WIT did before. I was positive but a bit indifferent with the manga but I think with the help of the anime, I'll get to enjoy the franchise a lot more than I did in the past. Yor was great here too with her introduction and the grenade ring segment at the end with explosions in the background was quite fitting for the wacky and crazy premise and meeting that these two had.
Apr 16, 2022 9:46 AM

Feb 2018
Best girl of the season is here. Cannot wait for the next episode.
Apr 16, 2022 9:47 AM

May 2012
"It appears some of my patients still haven't recovered from their psychotic episodes." Hahahahahah. This one really cracked me up.

I just realized while watching the episode, the whole theme kind of reminds me of Mr. and Mrs. Smith movie before. Although in a more comical and supernatural way (courtesy of Anya hehehe).

But anyway, a very consistent second episode again! And that was the most creative and spot on proposal ever hahaha. I can't wait for the whole family to be together!

Apr 16, 2022 9:49 AM

Feb 2019
This show not only lived up to the hype but exceeded it. Very rare
Apr 16, 2022 9:49 AM
Mar 2022
It was really amazing, the way every character is played is simply perfect
Apr 16, 2022 9:50 AM
Oct 2016
Already a wholesome couple. Yor having her introduction this episode with the necessity to get into a relationship. We know previously that Loid needs a wife for Anya school interview, leading to the perfect agreement. They can both fulfill the others need for their mission. Anya had the perfect assist trying to get herself a mama through Yor, reading both their minds seeing how cool they are. Yor co-workers being suspicious for her staying single this long is really shallow of them. Its sad she felt pressured by not only them but kinda her brother. She does feel bad for her brother Yuri feeling like hes being held back by her worrying him. Yor co-workers were super catty towards her being very mean at the party when she didn't show up with a boyfriend. Loid got significantly held up trying to stop that art smuggling ring. I don't know how Yor believes the whole concussion psychiatrist thing Loid told her but it was funny to see him try to cover with that. The two work well as a team I'm excited to see more of them together especially with the family dynamic alongside Anya.
Apr 16, 2022 9:50 AM
May 2015
Nice episode, yor is awesome. My only issue is how the show is being directed, the pace from scene to scene seems a bit odd.
Apr 16, 2022 9:56 AM

Sep 2019
The pair meeting each other, and then setting up their plans to be together, with the high chance that they're actually gonna fall for each other later on - mwah mwah! They're really meant for each other, and I'm excited to see what their relationship, specially with Anya, is gonna be like
Waiting for something to happen?
Apr 16, 2022 10:00 AM

Aug 2009
The episode was really great as expected but... am I the only one that disliked the opening song? I saw some comments about it being just allright but to me it was just unpleasant cacophony of chaos. Maybe this kind of music is not for me but it's absolutely the weakest point of this otherwise brilliant show
Apr 16, 2022 10:00 AM
Jul 2021
great episode, i think the manga is way better with the effects like the on on proposal scene, but still the show slaps
Apr 16, 2022 10:01 AM
Aug 2016
This episode was great but the pacing is still a little off. Hope they get better with future episodes
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

491 by colino09 »»
Yesterday, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2022

321 by Suwawako_ »»
May 3, 4:07 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2022

402 by Fenc »»
Apr 24, 11:13 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2022

247 by nyxzded »»
Apr 9, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2022

643 by SephiHakubi »»
Mar 31, 6:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.