Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 16, 2022 4:43 AM
Oct 2020
Hello! Please keep this thread spoiler free. I’d rather go back into this with a clear state of mind.

So I watched a couple of episodes of Haruhi Suzumiya back around 2018-ish, right as Crunchyroll and Funimation had severed ties and removed their “exclusives” off each other’s sites. Because I’d been watching on Crunchyroll and didn’t have a Funimation account, I lost all access to this anime and forgot about it over time.

Now it’s reappeared on Crunchy and I have the time and opportunity to rewatch it. However… I remember seeing a couple of perverted-type scenes where they’d constantly try to lewd the redheaded girl. Now I’m willing to watch ecchi and all that (in fact, I love a good ecchi!), but… When a show is more than just mindless fanservice, I want to be able to focus on the plot and not all the anime tiddie being thrown at me on the side.

I get that Haruhi is partially a comedy, and most comedy anime like to shove tiddies in your face. However… How “bad” is the ecchi here? Is the whole gag with the redhead’s big tiddies only played once or twice, or is this something I have to worry about viewing every two seconds?

Please let me know!! I’d appreciate it!
Apr 16, 2022 4:57 AM
Feb 2022
gremlaiin said:
Hello! Please keep this thread spoiler free. I’d rather go back into this with a clear state of mind.

So I watched a couple of episodes of Haruhi Suzumiya back around 2018-ish, right as Crunchyroll and Funimation had severed ties and removed their “exclusives” off each other’s sites. Because I’d been watching on Crunchyroll and didn’t have a Funimation account, I lost all access to this anime and forgot about it over time.

Now it’s reappeared on Crunchy and I have the time and opportunity to rewatch it. However… I remember seeing a couple of perverted-type scenes where they’d constantly try to lewd the redheaded girl. Now I’m willing to watch ecchi and all that (in fact, I love a good ecchi!), but… When a show is more than just mindless fanservice, I want to be able to focus on the plot and not all the anime tiddie being thrown at me on the side.

I get that Haruhi is partially a comedy, and most comedy anime like to shove tiddies in your face. However… How “bad” is the ecchi here? Is the whole gag with the redhead’s big tiddies only played once or twice, or is this something I have to worry about viewing every two seconds?

i watch it don't need to worry to much also this is my fav anime so i don't think there is much perversion in thus anime but i also hate people that look anime and see 1 or 2 scene of perversion and then start to worry are they going to continue the show like like you don't need my opinion or somebody else's watch it if you don't like it then don't watch it
Apr 16, 2022 4:57 AM

May 2020
it's not that perverted
its just used for comedy

Apr 16, 2022 4:59 AM
Jan 2021
The ecchi gets sidelined when it needs to be but it is a constant. Asahina (the red head girl) wearing lewd outfits is a sort of running gag so don’t expect her lewdness going away, although the other girls aren’t really shown in that way to much throughout the series
Apr 16, 2022 5:01 AM
Aug 2020
It’s a use for comedy which can be funny at times and don’t worry they don’t do it as much as you think. It has been a little while since I’ve watched it so I could be completely wrong.
Apr 16, 2022 5:33 AM

Jul 2015
Almost not at all.
Mikuru has a big booba and that's it.

Apr 16, 2022 5:48 AM
Mar 2022
It's not a perverted show. Also why do people like ecchi.
Apr 16, 2022 5:54 AM
Oct 2020
Fate_Eater66 said:
gremlaiin said:

i watch it don't need to worry to much also this is my fav anime so i don't think there is much perversion in thus anime but i also hate people that look anime and see 1 or 2 scene of perversion and then start to worry are they going to continue the show like like you don't need my opinion or somebody else's watch it if you don't like it then don't watch it

Actually, I don’t care about anyone else’s opinions! Frankly, that’s the last thing I could care about. The fact of the matter is that I have a hard time dropping things. If this is an anime I won’t be able to get into due to all the fanservice, I want to know so I can steer clear of it altogether. If I start it and find out I hate it, I won’t be able to drop it, so I’ll end up forcing myself to consume every ounce of content from this anime. That’s why I asked such a question. ^^
I think I’ll be trying Haruhi again though! I mean, from what others have said, the ecchi moments aren’t too terrible (and apparently those moments are mainly focused on Asahina, so…), and I already think the plot’ll be fun to see in action, so I’ll likely be watching it when I have the chance! :)
Thank you for your opinion. ^^

Ah!! And as for the others who responded to my forum blog… Thank you for all your insight! I don’t have the motivation to make another response to all of you, but if you see this, then please know I really appreciated what you had to say! After some consideration, I’ll give Haruhi another try sometime.

Thank you all for the help!!
Apr 16, 2022 5:57 AM
Feb 2022
gremlaiin said:
Fate_Eater66 said:

Actually, I don’t care about anyone else’s opinions! Frankly, that’s the last thing I could care about. The fact of the matter is that I have a hard time dropping things. If this is an anime I won’t be able to get into due to all the fanservice, I want to know so I can steer clear of it altogether. If I start it and find out I hate it, I won’t be able to drop it, so I’ll end up forcing myself to consume every ounce of content from this anime. That’s why I asked such a question. ^^
I think I’ll be trying Haruhi again though! I mean, from what others have said, the ecchi moments aren’t too terrible (and apparently those moments are mainly focused on Asahina, so…), and I already think the plot’ll be fun to see in action, so I’ll likely be watching it when I have the chance! :)
Thank you for your opinion. ^^

Ah!! And as for the others who responded to my forum blog… Thank you for all your insight! I don’t have the motivation to make another response to all of you, but if you see this, then please know I really appreciated what you had to say! After some consideration, I’ll give Haruhi another try sometime.

Thank you all for the help!!

glad to be of help buddy
Apr 16, 2022 6:00 AM
Oct 2020
Acrovelium said:
It's not a perverted show. Also why do people like ecchi.

Honestly? I couldn’t say! I mean, I think some people use it to get off, but that’s absolutely not my reason. I really just find it entertaining! People enjoy ecchis for many different reasons though, so you’ll have to wait on other answers to get an idea of why they do it.
Apr 16, 2022 6:06 AM

May 2021
Harrassing mikuru is a gag fr
Apr 16, 2022 6:49 AM
Dec 2018
don't worry. Haruhi is not Ecchi. undressing mikuru and dressing her up on some sort of "sexy" outfit is a running gag, nonetheless it's never as ecchi as some other more focused shows on it.
Apr 16, 2022 7:49 AM
Sep 2019
Now that you mention it, I do remember there being a fair amount of it. But that's not what I remember the show for, so I guess the rest of the plot is pretty good. Of course, I also love the endless eight, and I think the movie is the best part of the series. So take my opinion with a grain of salt.
Apr 16, 2022 9:16 AM
Jan 2020
No. But you'll see Haruhi in a bikini for eight episodes straight in a certain arc.
Apr 16, 2022 2:29 PM
Nov 2021
Eh not really, only a few bits are used for comedic purposes tho
Apr 16, 2022 3:36 PM

Sep 2012
No pantyshots and no bath scenes. At worst the bunny suits which are displayed in a the less sexy manner possible. and Haruhi incommodating Mikuru for being cute, and that's it.
Apr 17, 2022 4:11 AM
Jan 2021
I remember only two ecchi scene, that not the anime subject. It is just a recurring joke with one character.
Apr 20, 2022 1:28 AM
Jul 2020
gremlaiin said:

10! 10! 10! 10! 10!!!!!'

More topics from this board

» "chronological order" and my utter disgust for it

Tsuna-Ryu - Apr 15

36 by YukariKatsuragi »»
Apr 16, 11:49 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Jul 23, 2008

87 by Unoriginality »»
Apr 11, 9:50 PM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

abhin4v - Mar 2, 2008

93 by S4dnu »»
Apr 11, 5:47 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AgathaKazar - Jul 19, 2008

99 by S4dnu »»
Apr 9, 5:39 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Scribbly - Jul 26, 2008

101 by Alkimia »»
Feb 29, 9:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.