Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2022 11:42 PM

Oct 2017
YOOOOOOOO! Akane x Aqua let's goooo.
Apr 13, 2022 11:44 PM

Nov 2020
oh boy its the aqua akane gamer time, poor kana tho
Apr 13, 2022 11:59 PM

Nov 2021
oh boy that is definitely not what I was expecting after how the last chapter went, aka really hits us with this stuff out of nowhere and it works each time lol. I'm personally on the kana ship but this is acceptable.
stan megumi fr
Apr 14, 2022 1:08 AM
Apr 2014
Wait why is Ruby sidelined again.. shouldn't she get more focus due to this incident?

Apr 14, 2022 1:11 AM

Jun 2015
This chapter is a roller-coaster for AquAka shippers like me. Starting from:

1. Aqua: "I'm using you..."
2. Akane: "You'd be better off without me, right?"
3. Aqua: "This time... I want to protect you."

At first, I hope Aka won't twist Akane's tears as fabricated since she's one hell of an actress. But it was implied that the tears were genuine. I was punching air screaming "YES!! YES!! YESSSS...!!!" by the end of the chapter. The last time I did this was when I read Gotoubun no Hanayome's Miku confession in Kyoto.

Well, the ship has sailed, for now. Though I still hope Aka won't use Akane as a plot device later, despite how convenient she is as a plot device. (please stay together... please stay together... please stay together.......)
YosepRAApr 14, 2022 1:19 AM
Apr 14, 2022 1:14 AM

May 2020
I'm honestly displeased how easy Akane is, again got swayed by his words.
Apr 14, 2022 1:36 AM

Apr 2020
Happy that Aqua is finally satisfied and ended his revenge. Aqua x Akane happens. Wonder what's going to happen with Kana though ;)
Apr 14, 2022 3:30 AM

May 2021
Aqua simply can't help being edgy asf though luckily he is conscious about it. He promises to help Akane this time but I wonder if he has a new plan in mind.

Apr 14, 2022 3:58 AM

Dec 2020
Oh wow, definitely wasn't expecting this but I'm happy. Also, I'm interested in how things will go from now on. Aqua found his body but the killer (probably their father too) is still alive.
Apr 14, 2022 4:20 AM
Nov 2021
This chapter felt a bit rushed like the story went too fast
Apr 14, 2022 4:32 AM
Nov 2021
I'm glad that Aqua and Akane became a couple because I've been shipping them since around after chapter 40 I guess. But to think about Akasaka's mind, I really not sure whether are they officially become a couple or it's just another Aqua's plan
A Violet Evergarden hardcore fan but too poor to buy any goods from Violet Evergarden
Apr 14, 2022 4:47 AM

Jul 2021
Oh god watch Kana turned into a yandere and suddenly kills best girl Akane but damn despite I'm a bit unsettled by Aqua's word choices like using Akane as a tool and such, Akane just accepts him directly within her tearsome moments but no matter how cliche that was or otherwise it'll be a whole another dragging moment between those two, I'm glad that my ship sailed and hope it's not temporarily, and to be frank, I didn't ship Kana and Aqua in the first place because of how displeasing Kana is as a character but I do like her comedic chemistry with Ruby.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 14, 2022 5:29 AM

Oct 2020
good day mr. akasaka, please say sike right now.

It's useless! From here on, the path is only a One-way road!
Just put your tail between your legs and get your ass back where you came from! - Accelerator

Apr 14, 2022 5:29 AM

Mar 2015
didn't expect this development. but it's another death flag raised tho.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 14, 2022 5:53 AM

Sep 2019
“this time I’ll protect you” famous last words lol. Akane’s cute and all but I like Kana more. Gratz to akane though
Apr 14, 2022 6:25 AM
Nov 2021
As always, Akasaka-sensei never failed to surprise us in every new chapter. After chap 78, although I'm really glad that the ship has been sailed but to think about sensei's mind, I just really not sure will this ship gonna be real or it is just some new plan of Aqua
A Violet Evergarden hardcore fan but too poor to buy any goods from Violet Evergarden
Apr 14, 2022 7:46 AM
Jul 2018
As team Akane I'm okay if she's not the endgame. I just hope that she stays alive at the end of the story.
It would be interesting if after Akane got hundreds of death flags, Aka killed Kana instead.
Apr 14, 2022 8:18 AM

May 2016
This seemed so forced, I expected this to be Kanna's arc but I guess it was not
Apr 14, 2022 8:38 AM

Jan 2017
This could be the perfect sendoff for Akane's character damnit, we'll see how this goes
Apr 14, 2022 10:37 AM

Sep 2021
I expected a lot more to come of that, oh well
Sci-Fi Enthusiast
Apr 14, 2022 10:46 AM

Jan 2019
LESSS FUCKIN GOOOOOOOOO AKANE WINS HELL YEAHHDFKNGJDBNLGHDN
Apr 14, 2022 10:48 AM

Apr 2018
Such a massive clifhanger latest chapter and this is what we get? Pretty lame. Well, Akane is getting a massive fat grandious W.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 14, 2022 11:51 AM

Nov 2020
Sorry Kana time to switch teams
Apr 14, 2022 12:15 PM

Aug 2018
...Ok, the situation is a little different.
Them kissing was going to happen.
Apr 14, 2022 6:26 PM
Aug 2020
LONG LIVE AKANEEEEE
Apr 15, 2022 3:27 PM

Oct 2018
I love Akane so much 😭😭😭😭
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Apr 17, 2022 8:59 PM

Oct 2020
well that was...interesting lol

✧ THE NIGHT SHONE UPON TWO, ME & YOU ✧ FORUM SET BY:SAINTZEPH

Apr 19, 2022 8:09 AM
Apr 2018
can someone remind me when did akane learn of aqua's reborn?
Apr 19, 2022 1:55 PM
Aug 2016
CrystalMountain said:
She hasn't. She might have enough clues to piece it together now, but there's no indication that she's done so yet.
Apr 19, 2022 6:40 PM

Jan 2020
It feels good to catch up to this series. A big W for Akane chads

Apr 20, 2022 7:51 AM
Apr 2018
Ark_Evensong said:
CrystalMountain said:
She hasn't. She might have enough clues to piece it together now, but there's no indication that she's done so yet.

Then,what she thinks is that the skeleton is just a random one with some connection to aqua?
Apr 20, 2022 11:50 AM
Aug 2016
CrystalMountain said:
Then,what she thinks is that the skeleton is just a random one with some connection to aqua?
Aqua did talk with Akane about Goro, but as if he was a different person.

When/if Akane learns that Goro died around the time of the twins' birth instead of much later, she's for sure going to realise something weird is going on. But we're not there yet.
Apr 20, 2022 3:31 PM
Apr 2018
Ark_Evensong said:
CrystalMountain said:

When/if Akane learns that Goro died around the time of the twins' birth instead of much later, she's for sure going to realise something weird is going on. But we're not there yet.

ohhhh cool thanks,didnt remember them having that conversation
Apr 21, 2022 12:09 AM

Mar 2019
I'm not a shipper for any teams so this chapter was okay. But damn, ruby must be very shocked to see goros corpse. Without him, she has no reason to continue being an idol anymore. I wonder what's going to happen next chapter.
Apr 22, 2022 3:58 AM
Dec 2021
YosepRA said:
I was punching air screaming "YES!! YES!! YESSSS...!!!" by the end of the chapter. The last time I did this was when I read Gotoubun no Hanayome's ----- confession [/i]

Bruh don't spoil random manga in the comments of other series.
Apr 22, 2022 4:09 AM
Dec 2021
Ark_Evensong said:
CrystalMountain said:

She'll realize something is going on, but she'd probably just assume it has something to do with Aqua's parents. "Oh you're a reincarnated murder victim" is not a conclusion any normal person would ever jump too
Apr 22, 2022 8:33 AM

Oct 2018
This chapter felt so weird, had to double check if there was a chapter or pages missing. Just the fact it went from Ruby being mentally shocked for seeing the rotten corpse of her crush straight into Aqua and Akane having a "love confession" was terrible to say the least, not even mentioning the "I want to protect you, Akane" confused me too (protect her from what exactly? Her only real threat were the internet haters and those seemed to have disappeared on this point of the story). If anything it makes me feel like something really bad will happen to Akane or Aqua is doing this with something else in mind (despite the note at the end of the chapter). The whole thing just feels off if you look at it with shipping googles off.
I also don't like how Ruby keeps being ignored in the story over and over again, which also made Aqua lose his "siscon" trait. Every time it feels like Ruby is about to get the spotlight, the story just goes back to the love triangle and it's annoying to see it happen so often.

As a sidenote, thanks to this chapter the idol group is going to be disbanded I guess? Ruby is mentally scarred (it's her first time feeling like this since she didn't got to see Ai's death), and Kana's sole motivation to stick to the group was her love for Aqua but she will soon find out he's with Akane now. Poor MEM will be all alone.

EDIT: Decided to reread the manga and noticed there are some fast-forward pages in the first chapters, where the characters made a movie based on Ai. What caught my attention is that Akane is nowhere to be seen in those (Ruby and Kana are) and in Aqua's page he says he won't love anyone. Not saying my death flags senses are tingling buuuuuuuut... (Unless the author just forgot about this )
_dwangoApr 22, 2022 8:43 AM
Mobages are consuming me alive
Apr 22, 2022 2:10 PM
Jan 2022
finally my ship AquaxAkane sails🤧🤧
Apr 22, 2022 11:27 PM
Nov 2018
_dwango said:
This chapter felt so weird, had to double check if there was a chapter or pages missing. Just the fact it went from Ruby being mentally shocked for seeing the rotten corpse of her crush straight into Aqua and Akane having a "love confession" was terrible to say the least, not even mentioning the "I want to protect you, Akane" confused me too (protect her from what exactly? Her only real threat were the internet haters and those seemed to have disappeared on this point of the story). If anything it makes me feel like something really bad will happen to Akane or Aqua is doing this with something else in mind (despite the note at the end of the chapter). The whole thing just feels off if you look at it with shipping googles off.
I also don't like how Ruby keeps being ignored in the story over and over again, which also made Aqua lose his "siscon" trait. Every time it feels like Ruby is about to get the spotlight, the story just goes back to the love triangle and it's annoying to see it happen so often.

I don't think the Aqua & Akane love confession thing is that bad because it caught me off guard. It's kinda like "unexpected the story go like this" & I like it when a story surprised me. The "I want to protect you" could be Aqua trying to say to Akane is that he always using Akane as his shield so this time, he want to be her shield. As for Ruby, I think Aqua didn't speak with Ruby because Ruby is still at the police station & Miyako is with her so maybe next chapter Aqua will talk to Ruby.

_dwango said:
EDIT: Decided to reread the manga and noticed there are some fast-forward pages in the first chapters, where the characters made a movie based on Ai. What caught my attention is that Akane is nowhere to be seen in those (Ruby and Kana are) and in Aqua's page he says he won't love anyone. Not saying my death flags senses are tingling buuuuuuuut... (Unless the author just forgot about this )

I think the reason Akane is nowhere seen in the flash forward is because just like Mem-cho, her character is not introduced yet. For example, Kana appear in the flash forward in the chapter "Child Actor", which is her character introduction chapter. The same goes for Ruby as she was introduced in "Brother & Sister" chapter, which is the same chapter that show Ruby's flash forward. Also, let's not forget Akane's character introduction was in the LoveNow arc where she almost suicide so I'm glad she is not in the flash forward in the earlier chapter because if she does, her "suicide" attempt is not as impactful as it is.

As for Aqua's flash forward, there is only 2 possibilities :
1. Akane die or in coma & her death/coma is what bring him back to revenge route again.

2. In the next chapter or next next chapter, Akane going to reject Aqua because she felt guilty about the loophole regarding his dad so she tell the loophole to Aqua, which makes Aqua goes back to revenge route again. I actually think this makes more sense because Aqua being happy for too long so I have a feeling that he might go back to revenge route soon (this could be me being bias but I really want the revenge plot to come back) & also, Aka been building up the love triangle so having Akane reject Aqua, Aka can continue building up the love triangle with Akane's romance build up is gonna be like Akane is Aqua's partner in crime while they still continue their "fake relationship" (except this time, Aqua won't be using Akane but it was Akane herself choose to help him) & Kana's romance build up gonna be like idol romance story (Aqua will distance himself from Kana & she definitely will not accept it)
Apr 24, 2022 9:32 PM
Dec 2020
Imvazq said:
I'm disappointed, I prefer Kana but i'm still not giving up, just waiting
completely agree with you, I don't like Akane
May 12, 2022 6:18 AM

Feb 2019
Oh no what about Kana ;-;
May 12, 2022 4:38 PM

May 2016
MegamiRem said:
YOOOOOOOO! Akane x Aqua let's goooo.
Aye!!!! We eating good to night!
Apr 15, 2023 1:54 PM
Jan 2021
lets go! they found his body
Apr 21, 2023 8:33 PM
Jun 2022
que se vaya a la mierda akane
Jun 29, 2023 3:54 PM

Oct 2014
I believe Kana just got Maki Shijo'd

this is nice Akane is cool and deserved to get what she wanted but things will only get more complicated now.

Considering this is a manga Ruby will probably find out who her brother is and join this nonsense lol
Jul 30, 2023 9:20 AM

Nov 2021
WHAT ABOUT KANA THE GIRL AQUA ACTUALLY LIKED?!?!?

Jan 5, 1:18 PM
Jan 2015
THE LAST PANEL OMG WHAT DO I DO???????? I'M ALL FOR KANA SO THIS CHAPTER IS SO PAINFUL I DON'T WANT TO CONTINUE READING ANYMORE TT^TT
Feb 2, 3:30 PM
Sep 2020
Even knowing that the author is just manipulating us again, we can finally see aqua doing something without thinking in revenge, FINALLLY
May 5, 1:48 AM

Oct 2021
I feel like Akane could become a detective with how much she's figured out and how good she is at identifying traits and "becoming" a person. She even said "No that's wrong!" here.

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Chapter 151 Discussion

ARK-13 - Yesterday

6 by Ri-iel »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Oshi no Ko Chapter 10 Discussion

Primo_Itoko - Jul 1, 2020

32 by phantom346 »»
Jun 2, 12:41 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Chapter 150 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ARK-13 - May 20

66 by CQLLIST »»
Jun 2, 2:45 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Chapter 149 Discussion

ARK-13 - May 13

44 by Shikkakku »»
May 25, 10:41 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Chapter 148 Discussion

ARK-13 - May 1

39 by Shikkakku »»
May 25, 10:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.