Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Apr 6, 2022 6:27 PM

Jan 2021
Kimurah said:
This show: Lets introduce a new menace and leave the whole wave event on halt for now.

Me: Oh nice, a new conflict that might help connect Naofumi with the other 3 heroes.

Also this show: The other heroes go back to being selfish idiots for no reason and we'll make the meme girl from last season another slave in Naofumi's harem.

Me:

If a post could sum up what I just saw this is it.
Apr 6, 2022 7:10 PM

Aug 2018
The Hero of the Shield is back.
New situation, the turtle spirit. Naofumi will have to go.
The opening is very good!
Apr 6, 2022 7:20 PM
Sep 2018
It’s so good to see it back with the gang but why does it feel like the quality wasn’t right? 13 eps doesn’t sound right even if S3 was announced..
Still gonna watch it tho 👍
Apr 6, 2022 7:56 PM
Nov 2018
Finally the second season is here.

Been waiting for the longest time.

For a first episode, it is ok. It was nice seeing Filo, Raphtalia, Naofumi, and of course Rishia.
Then right off the bat, we're introduced to this new problem that will destroy the world. Of course the 4 heroes never want to cooperate so who else but Naofumi takes the job. IMO I think the animation quality has downgraded. But since it is still the first episode, I will let it slide. Hope to see what happens next in the next episode.

oh and OP is a banger
Apr 6, 2022 8:20 PM

Jan 2017
seemed quite shit

the green haired girl seems like something they vomited on the show to have a character to "develop" but her attitude is disgusting as well as it feels forced

Like "shit, people like this so we need to keep making this garbo" "but its already over!" "well, just remake the story but with another character, make its hair green!"

I think I will pass this show
Apr 6, 2022 8:36 PM

Jan 2020
Rishia is best waifu. Pacing seems a bit strange at times but it was still an alright ep

Apr 6, 2022 8:52 PM
Jan 2019
Shield hero is the same as it has been since ep.4 of season 1 :D
Decent work by character/background artists. Sucky animations. Completely throwaway script.

Not sure if i'm glad to see things remaining as they were or disappointed. What was passable before Mushoku Tensei just looks lazy now.
Apr 6, 2022 8:53 PM
Jan 2019
Man.... Penkin carried that episode for me lol. Assuming that is the op at the end, we'll it didn't sound great. Overall was just okay and Penkin carriers as much as he can.
Apr 6, 2022 8:56 PM

Oct 2015
And it's back. Not a bad start but not particularly great either. Pacing did seem a bit fast.
Apr 6, 2022 9:10 PM

Jan 2013
oh boy Rishia is gonna be annoying af if she wasnt already
dannymilkApr 6, 2022 9:21 PM
Apr 6, 2022 9:17 PM

Feb 2016
I wasn't sure if only 13 eps would be enought since this arc is kinda long (I'm including what happens after the Turtle stuff) and I don't wanna wait for S3, but fuck yeah, we are going to reach the point to see the best girl in action!!!

Now I'm happy!
StallionXDApr 6, 2022 9:24 PM
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Apr 6, 2022 9:55 PM
Aug 2021
can finally see the continuation of the adventures of one strong hero, three trash and the burdens of society, and one devil descendant whore
Apr 6, 2022 10:04 PM

Jul 2016
Don't mind me. I'm just here for Kevin Penkin's OST. I still consider Shield Hero as one of 2019's worst anime.

That said, mediocre start overall. To no one's surprise, the other heroes continue to act like absolute retards and dear god was Rishia annoying af with "Itsuki-sama" this, "Itsuki-sama" that. Girl, please have some self-respe... oh... well, she willingly became a slave now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On a semi-positive note tho, I'm kinda glad to see Melromarc queen again. She's 100% MILF material for sure.

MadanielFL said:
Shield Hero is back and the other heroes continue to be the brainless idiots they were on season 1.
Seriously, their characters goes through no change at all throughout the entire season, and it doesn't seem that will change at all. Naofumi really looks like a genius when everybody else is acting like a idiot by making the most stupid decisions ever.

I mean, that's Shield Hero for you. Naofumi seriously seems to be the only one with all his braincells intact after getting isekai'd.
Apr 6, 2022 10:26 PM

May 2015
Rishia is so goddamn annoying. When did Naofumi become so soft? The Naofumi I remember would have slapped this annoying bitch. Maybe I need to rewatch the first season.
Apr 6, 2022 10:35 PM
Mar 2018
Man I've just finished watching first episode ant i crave for more for 2-ish years we've been waiting for this to come out. I hope this anime becomes like the levels of AOT or Blackclover.
Even then this slight twist when it comes to the Isekai genre of the protagonist not getting mega op in the beginning is still quite new.

Apr 6, 2022 10:41 PM
Dec 2020
Surprisingly mediocre,maybe bc i get ahead of the manga but i felt ss1 was better in quality
Apr 6, 2022 10:41 PM
Oct 2016
this anime is slowly soon going to be called "Naofumi-kun and the 7 bitches"
Apr 6, 2022 11:22 PM

Oct 2008
ALRIGHT HERE WE GO S2!!!
OP by MADKID is another banger!!!
5/5.

Apr 6, 2022 11:57 PM

May 2018
It's good to see the Shield Team once again, I really missed them. Now there's a new member Rishia, I'm excited to see how strong she will be after joining the team. Looking forward to the next episode.

Apr 6, 2022 11:57 PM
Apr 2020
Nice beginning of the new season. The Wave stopped but they're now going to face a new enemy. This arc looks fascinating as well.

Apr 6, 2022 11:59 PM

Jan 2014
Mostly a laid back episode getting us back into the feel of things with Naofumi, best girl Raphtalia, Filo and newer member Rishia combined with a whole new conflict kicking off this arc.

Always great seeing Naofumi willing to help others and the positive effects his actions and his continued willingness to keep moving forward have had on so many. Well except for the other 3 heroes XD seriously guys you don't want to help out even though the waves have seemingly stopped for now? Surely this will be a gateway to a potentially even more devastating event! Hopefully they come around one day and see the importance of the bigger picture.

I can fully understand people who see Rishia as annoying; totally fair no issue with that but for me I think her mannerisms are cute (I know I'm weird XD) when you have to deal with the kind of insanity and nonsensicalness I have seen in the real world your patience tends to be certainly strengthened against different factors. So an anime girl's quirks is a walk in the park by comparison and plus the way she says Fueh LOL it gets me to chuckle. But, hey you never know maybe my tolerance will wear down with time all I can do is wait and see.

I did like how Rishia isn't perfect she lacks self confidence, is nervous and worries about her limitations yet she is still willing to pursue her goal to get back in Itsuki's good graces even if it is not the best path for her looking on the outside. But, she clearly shows determination and does seem to have a good heart her decision to make the same contract as Raphtalia has with Naofumi even though she was scared about that prospect. Hopefully it can help her overcome her weaknesses, find her strength and realize her own self worth along with what is truly important to her. It was nice to see Naofumi reluctant to go through with that contract unless it was of her personal conviction as well.

CGI was a bit rough but thankfully it was minimal Naofumi clearing the field while straining himself was earlier then expected but nice to see plus that cliffhanger ending was a great hook for what comes next! Wonder who this new lady is and what part she will play this season; plus I will have to listen to it more but I enjoyed the OP from that first listening. Overall glad to have the Shield Hero back the atmosphere and the characters always manage to get me in an adventurous mood and in good spirits looking forward to this journey!

Apr 7, 2022 12:00 AM
Nov 2021
ok First of all kinda of don't like rishia Second of all the art seems a bit off don't know about you guys but with me the art seems off and the Third of all it's ok I guess cause my boy naofumi is still a badass

so yeah let's see how the rest episodes gonna be like

overall I like it♥️
Apr 7, 2022 12:13 AM

Jun 2014
Yikes, this was a mess of a season opener. Dumb and rushed. I give it 2 episodes more.
Apr 7, 2022 1:21 AM

Aug 2015
I think we can talk about one of the worst possible character developments. Rishia is rejected by Itsuki's group because she is considered as an incompetent and the group lets her know it harshly. Her reaction: to become Naofumi's slave to compensate for her weaknesses (as a woman, I guess lol) and to keep thinking about the person who rejected her. Thanks to the author.

Edit: I reply to the comment of the very respectable person above: I guess we can still believe in human beings if there are still people who can be scandalized to see a modern Japanese man doing slavery as if it were the most natural thing in the world.
TuyNOMApr 7, 2022 1:29 AM
Apr 7, 2022 1:36 AM
Jul 2018
Rishia should fuck Itsuki and stay with Naofumi permanently. Cool episode, I'm waiting for the next one.
Apr 7, 2022 1:37 AM
Jan 2021
Rising of mid hero, I’ll watch the rest but the first episode was ok I guess
Apr 7, 2022 1:40 AM
Nov 2021
The episode dose not gives a grand opening, It just continues as if It left out in the middle
Apr 7, 2022 2:27 AM
Dec 2021
It appears we found another massive annoying SIMP guys
Apr 7, 2022 2:39 AM

Jul 2017
Extremely 5/10 start. The epitemy of MID
Apr 7, 2022 3:28 AM

May 2018
Itsuki simp so annoying as fuck. Also the pacing has issues as well.
Apr 7, 2022 4:18 AM

Dec 2012
The best part is Naofumi telling her to quit 'Fueh' haha
Apr 7, 2022 4:47 AM
Jun 2007
Ah, finally S2. Lets see how it goes
Apr 7, 2022 4:53 AM
Oct 2019
Yeahh Raphtalia that's a briliant idea...
What?? Slave?

also i can tell people gonna hate on Rishia.

not a great start for season 2 huh, just average episode.
davidyodo24Apr 7, 2022 4:56 AM
Apr 7, 2022 5:17 AM

Oct 2015
Good first episode. I just rewatched the first season to get ready for its return. I feel like everything that happened in this episode established the foundry for what's to come in this season and boy am I ready for it. I will also admit that the opening looks to be quite catchy.

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

Apr 7, 2022 5:22 AM

Jul 2020
I'm looking forward to see how all the characters grow this season. The first episode did a fairly good job setting up the premise for the season even if parts of it did feel rushed.

Turtle Soup Shield anyone?
Looking for Braaaains
Apr 7, 2022 6:17 AM

Jun 2021
anikevin said:
Rishia is so goddamn annoying. When did Naofumi become so soft? The Naofumi I remember would have slapped this annoying bitch. Maybe I need to rewatch the first season.

Rishia supported Naofumi by sending wine barrels to disrupt Glass attack in season 1, so Naofumi feel indebted to her. Technically it was Queen's idea but Rishia was the one who send the barrels mid air
Apr 7, 2022 6:59 AM
Feb 2022
That rishia girl is kinda sus, especially her *ahem* moans.... F*ck, something is rising and it isn't the shield hero😏

Anyways, i've been waiting for this for 3 years, the long wait is finally over.
Apr 7, 2022 7:28 AM

Apr 2016
RISHIA is the only reason I hated this episode. Such a useless character that irks me man.
Apr 7, 2022 7:54 AM
Aug 2018
Well Well Well It taken a very long time for them to release S2 but today is very different... i mean that yes i like the pilot episode of S2 and i do really enjoy however it seems they skip something again from the light novel not mention some of those scene...

Ok so three heroes still the three heroes and they pretty much useless even in the first episode of S2.... and Bitch is still Bitch like come on people i want to see her suffer like hell not to mention that Trash King too but yeah theirs no steam for today.

Also Yeah Best Girl Raphtalia is Back Baby and Best Bird Filo is also back to and it seem theirs something change from the art-style i dont why i see it that way but i presume that it involve the development of the S2 way before in was announce.

Naofumi seem to have new shields but again the production skip it again great ( -_- )

Well thats for my review also yeah Kana Hanazawa join the cast as the mysterious woman who was shown in the last frame of the episode.... and for those who know what's her role in the story well its a big secret and spoiler so better read the book guys hehehhe.
Pokecure_XYZApr 8, 2022 1:55 AM
Apr 7, 2022 8:48 AM
Oct 2015
I am one of the 13% that disliked/hated this first episode. I really loved the first season of shield hero because the main character did not get everything handed to him, unlike every other iseki. In this first episode, we see that our main character is recognized as the only good hero and he has more than enough strength to back up his good intentions. Our main character shows off some classic moves including thoughtlessly using his finishing move that previously was only used as an absolute last resort but in this new season can be used against regular mobs (with a few concerned looks from his slaves). One of my least favorite things about anime has got to be slaves and harems, this show promises to have both. In the previous season, Raphtalia commits herself to being the hero's slave as a very important action proving her trust and love towards him. In the first episode, the hero collects a new slave almost against her will and I have a feeling this pattern will continue. You could look at any of the other hero parties and see they are mostly structured for strength and in comparison to the shield hero's group of heroines you can clearly see that fan service is more important than the story. Also, this episode had as much poor CGI as possible from mob enemy to crowds to even the main boss monster. To sum it up, I am surprised that this anime was made by some of the same people that organized the first shield hero season and I will probably not continue to watch it.
Apr 7, 2022 10:23 AM

Mar 2014
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

It's here baby, Tate no Yuusha it's here finally after waiting for so long and first ep is so good !!!!!

Can't wait for more
Apr 7, 2022 10:45 AM
Apr 2022
[spoiler]The first episode of the second season is a good start in my opinion. I found it a pity that between the first and the second season some time has passed. I hope that this will somehow catch up, for example as a film or extra.[spoiler]
Apr 7, 2022 10:48 AM
Mar 2021
I was really excited to watch this but it was kinda a let-down, but ig his anger and revenge did get solved so maybe thats why? but ill still watch it just really disappointed
Apr 7, 2022 2:15 PM
Jul 2020
Wow, I didn't expect the score to be below 8. Well I didn't expect much from this anime either.

Apr 7, 2022 2:20 PM

Nov 2009
It was an okay episode. Though to me Naofumi looked like a frog, felt like they got a bit lazy with some animation.
Apr 7, 2022 2:49 PM
Dec 2020
I swear those noises Rishia is making is pissing me off
Apr 7, 2022 3:06 PM
May 2008
Felt rushed... also as an anime-only I really hope they will elaborate on this "make me a slave so I become stronger" - plotline because so far there was nothing that suggests that being the Shield hero's slave makes you actually stronger.

Also, the show just reminded us why the other 3 heroes and Myn...I'm sorry, slut are getting as much hate as much as they can get. Although I am a bit disappointed in Ren... he was the most sensible among the other 3 and he just do a 180...

Oh well! But overall a good, enjoyable episode 4/5.
Apr 7, 2022 3:55 PM
Nov 2019
Its been a long enough time since season 1 that I actually forgot quite a bit of what happened near the end of it. This episode did a good job of easing me in.
Apr 7, 2022 7:27 PM
Apr 2021
this episode was kinda odd, i’m not one to complain about shows but idk how i feel about this one. there wasn’t really a proper build up to naofumi using his shield towards the end of the episode, and it seemed so out of no where. the pacing also felt weird too. as we saw last season and towards the end of the series where naofumi used this rage shield, the scene had a rlly good dramatic effect and even when used, he would lose a lot of blood. although this episode he used it against monsters not against a boss and was completely fine after as if he had full control over it. it kinda felt forced, and also the animation quality stepped down a bit in some parts, it felt pretty stiff and other scenes felt fine. i'm hyped to see the rest of shield hero, but hoping to see improvement.
Apr 7, 2022 7:46 PM

Aug 2019
Nice introduction to season 2 definitely been a hot minute since i watched anything to do with Shield hero.

Getting straight into the action episode 1 is nice with the short introductions. Ngl a lot happened this episode alone, Rishia getting a slave crest, Tortoise Kaiju becoming a new world boss event and actually stopping the wave timer. The opening this season looks, decent. I think i definitely preferred season 1's opening though.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2022

118 by Palupark »»
May 12, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2022

232 by FuchsiaBC »»
Apr 27, 7:44 AM

» Why the hate? ( 1 2 )

RealityChanges - Mar 14

63 by ziovice »»
Apr 6, 12:15 PM

» Tbh Just SKIP the Turtle Arc

Br3dWinn3rs - Jun 25, 2022

33 by sakuraspace »»
Mar 1, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2022

173 by ookamiAki »»
Feb 7, 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.