Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 6, 2022 6:29 AM

Nov 2011
Welp, it's Shield Hero alright especially with Naofumi's party kicking some ass already. Looks like trouble brewing already with the start of the season.

Their new party member Rishia gets a lot of screen time already but I have to admit that her personality is a lot more timid compared to others. I think it was a decent way to get back into the franchise again. There wasn't any BS recap or info dump. Having a new member join Naofumi's party is going to add more context to the story too.

That cliffhanger though.
Apr 6, 2022 6:29 AM

Jul 2021
Ah yes the Rising of the GOAT Shield Hero (Fr Shield hero > the other heroes here) is back!!!!! The OP is pretty catchy, might be my OP of the season.

Also, it’s so sudden that I see the new character Eclair at the beginning of the segment but anyways they’re building up with this current setting. I like that bat sprouting around and Filo is so cute in her birdie form and Raphtalia’s sword fight was pretty neat.

That table discussion brings me back to of one of the episodes where they were gathering around at the table while Malty attempted to sabotage Naofumi with some poisonous liquid dropped into a pie to fatigue him but too bad her sis caught her lol.

Also the cooking and fishing segment felt refreshing mhm mhm wanna try this out ngl

Malty aka Bitch is killing me with her presence. Itsuki's treatment of Rishia is something concerning but glad that Rishia joined the group. Honestly, I find the statistic to look pretty cool though they could expand it with a little space to see the surroundings, and Naofumi the chad had used the power of wrath to beat the shit outta the monster! The action-oriented park is insane yassss, also did they just CGI on the monster? I mean surprisingly it’s not bad. Ost made an appearance in the end. Definitely a pretty good episode.

op full ver audio

ed full ver music video

CQLLISTApr 6, 2022 7:11 PM
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 6, 2022 6:30 AM

May 2020
God it's finally here, after some delays and whatnot though having confirmed for just a single cour does leave a sour taste in mouth. Well anyways good to see the crew back with Rishia being the latest addition. And for sure they didn’t waste any time going into the plot, with as usual the other three except Naofumi showing their usual apathetic or more like the unwillingness to cooperate self.

Got a bit of action too in later parts, and can surely say it’s still on the same footing with that of the first season, and same for the opening too. So not too flashy but a good comeback episode.
Apr 6, 2022 6:33 AM

Mar 2016
It's been a long time coming, the wait was a little irritating but it's finally here, is it worth it? Time will tell, but what I will say is that this first episode had some...janky scenes in it, that last Naofumi fight was a little eh and it felt like they forced the Dark Curse Burning thing a bit, but otherwise it was a good first episode, hopefully they iron out the little details further down.
Just an avid anime watcher of 18 years, not much else I could say about myself (that I don't want to reveal, of course, just ask if you wanna know more!)

"So...look up, face forward, toward your chosen horizon and just...walk on." - Noah, Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Apr 6, 2022 6:34 AM

Jul 2017
Shield Hero is back after 3 years, and the revenge part is already over from Season 1.

The hearsay that Season 2 will adapt the Spirit Tortoise arc in 13 episodes, starting from Volume 13, chapter 50 of the LN / Volume 6 of the manga (both midway).

It's nice seeing Naofumi and gang back being so much better treated, though Malty to this day is still the same wretched Slut from before, the leopard that doesn't change her spots. But that doesn't mean that they have ample time to prepare for the next Wave apocalypse incoming: the Spirit Tortoise...which the same bragging useless Heroes outright rejected, except for Naofumi.

Rishia will be a useful asset to Naofumi since she's been banished from Bow Hero Itsuki's party, and she's still the timid girl at the end of Season 1, so getting her to be his slave the same way that Raphtalia was at Season 1's beginning to train her up, it feels weird but apt. But considering Filo's queen Fitoria's plea for the Heroes to work together to dispel the Spirit Tortoise, I'm not surprised that Naofumi is going at it alone with Raphtalia, Filo and Rishia.

Reaching the Spirit Tortoise Kingdom, Naofumi and gang is faced with the onslaught of monsters triggered, and thus starts the story anew.

Kinema Citrus has been working at this for 3 years now, and it really shows. Just gonna anticipate even more given the stark contrast of the story.
KANLen09Apr 6, 2022 9:04 AM
Apr 6, 2022 6:35 AM

Sep 2021
So shield hero is back!!!
I don´t know how to feel about the OP, maybe it will grow on me later on, we got a lot of screen time of rishia, they didnt make a summary so thats great, and they went already with the plot, as a LN reader im a little concern about the OP visuals, without spoilers i think if this season is only 13 episodes as they say, this will not finished only one arc of the novel and will go on.
Apr 6, 2022 6:35 AM

Feb 2019
As expected they’re gonna rush this… I guess the anime onlies will be ok, but as someone who’s been reading this since day one and 22 volumes in I’m pretty disappointed that yet another season is going to have a lot of skipped content. Looks like 5 volumes in 12 eps or so..

Hopefully they don’t remove too many of my fave scenes, I guess it’ll be like season one where I basically just use the anime to see my fave characters animated.
Apr 6, 2022 6:36 AM

Dec 2020
Its back shield hero and started reaaly good i really missed this rapthalia and filo.

Ending was very nice. Im very hyped to the next Episodes.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Apr 6, 2022 6:37 AM

Apr 2018
It feels so good to have the Shield Hero serie back. The crew is still the same but we had to see Malty in the first episode. Welp, it is what it is. They've reached the Kingdom and already have to fight against some monsters. Still love Naofumi's powers, OST was spot on too.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 6, 2022 6:39 AM

Nov 2019
Glad to be back and see some familiar faces (and new ones).

Not sure what to feel about this episode, there was something odd about the way it was pacing; can't quite put my finger on it. Oh well still looking forward to the next episodes.

Apr 6, 2022 6:40 AM

Feb 2019
Great starts to the show

A new meaning to the antennae hair :P

Nice cliffhanger
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Apr 6, 2022 6:45 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So great that it's back, and ep 1 has still plenty of action moments surprisingly, though Rishia I forgot about her and now she's Naofumi's slave but I find her annoying... anyway it looks like we're up to a new arc with that tortoise spirit attack and all the other monsters that are destroying kingdoms and are also menacing Melromarc if it continues like that. Weird girl at the end though I wonder who she is and why she wants Naofumi to kill her
Apr 6, 2022 6:46 AM
Oct 2016
After three long years the Shield Hero has returned!! A mostly relaxed start to the episode with Naofumi trying to build up Raphtalia village after he was rewarded it for fighting the waves. Rishia has joined Naofumi to try getting stronger since Itsuki the now hero views her as too weak. Even going so far as to enter a slave pact with Naofumi just to jump some levels. We can't have peace for long though as trouble always comes around. Strange new monsters attacking Naofumi village and everywhere really. This spirit tortoise is rampaging in its home kingdom and headed right for Melromarc. The cardinal heroes have to stop this thing even if its not officially part of the waves. Leading the three stooges to head in first and or course be suddenly missing presumed dead by the time Naofumi gets there. Somethings not right with all these monsters just as a mysterious lady asks Naofumi for death.
Apr 6, 2022 6:47 AM
Mar 2017
I just rewatched season one so it really stands out to me but this is not the high quality production we're used to, this is a massive downgrade that has me seriously concerned for the future of the series.
Apr 6, 2022 6:49 AM
Oct 2016
Marinate1016 said:
As expected they’re gonna rush this… I guess the anime onlies will be ok, but as someone who’s been reading this since day one and 22 volumes in I’m pretty disappointed that yet another season is going to have a lot of skipped content. Looks like 5 volumes in 12 eps or so..

Hopefully they don’t remove too many of my fave scenes, I guess it’ll be like season one where I basically just use the anime to see my fave characters animated.

Think about the anime as its own thing. Its beyond evident by now it's a different version of the story than the light novels, which are different from the web novels too.
Apr 6, 2022 6:50 AM

Feb 2019
Dukino said:
Marinate1016 said:

Think about the anime as its own thing. Its beyond evident by now it's a different version of the story than the light novels, which are different from the web novels too.

Nah. It’s an adaptation of the books. A bad one at that. You enjoy tho!
Apr 6, 2022 6:51 AM
Mar 2021
had to sadly get jinbo masato as the director, I'm starting to believe this was rushed together last minute now.
he has a style where he always uses scenes of characters' faces trying to avoid the lower half which is how the first half pretty much felt, plus his fights scenes are always blandished looking. I can only hope it gets better but if I go off his other work the chances are slim. 3/5 for me, didn't feel like a passion project, just another anime for jinbo Masato to get a paycheck off.
Apr 6, 2022 6:53 AM

May 2021
Shield Hero is back and they don't waste time getting to the point and immediately introduce us to the Spirit Tortoise side quest. The other heroes are still as trash as usual and thus Naofumi is on his way to defeat it.

Rishis is another character last season who wants to get respect which she is trying to achieve by becoming a slave. Still dislike that aspect of Shield Hero.

Already the Tortoise Kingdom seems to be in trouble and now there's a woman who wants to be killed.

Episode felt a bit rushed but still sorta fine and the OP's a bit meh. Well, let's see what the next episode brings.
RioFSApr 6, 2022 7:52 AM

Apr 6, 2022 6:53 AM

May 2018
The op is kinda eh but the episode picks up right where we left off. Looks like Spirit Tortoise will be cgi oh well. The fight scenes are nice
Apr 6, 2022 6:57 AM
Jan 2022
That's a good episode 1 and man glad this was back and the Adventure of Naofumi coming back to my brain making some nostalgic scenes lmao.
It's good but the camera are quite annoying it's always focusing on each other faces every seconds.

The Animation didn't improve that much and they still stay and usual Animation which is really fitted for this Adventure Anime.

8.5/10 for episode 1 the green hair girl kinda annoying lol but she looks really cute lmao
Apr 6, 2022 6:58 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
good episode.

glad to see the alpha chad Naofumi is back and ready to kick ass and take names.
Apr 6, 2022 7:03 AM
Mar 2020
The second season is finally here, the season probably will adapt two arc including the whole Spirit turtle. Kinda disappointed with the animation quality especially for the CG, but it was not a big problem for the fight scene. Well, it was a good start with episode one to get back into the series.
Apr 6, 2022 7:07 AM

Jan 2017
I remembered everyone besides Rishia, uh who is she again lmao

As usual the other heroes are being jerks as this Tortoise monster is not within their jobscope, good ol Naofumi gotta pick up their slack. The battle is kinda janky on this episode as there were couple of scenes where the apes are in 2D while the rest were 3DCGI
Apr 6, 2022 7:09 AM

Oct 2017
They sure made us wait for a long time with the delays but glad to have it back. Thou this was an okay start to this season. I don't like this Rishia girl at all. Even after getting kicked out from bow guy's party she still wants to go back, how dumb can she get. I don't think I'll like her much. Anyway I'm more interested in the woman voiced by HanaKana. Action scenes were okay this episode.
MegamiRemApr 7, 2022 9:16 AM
Apr 6, 2022 7:13 AM

Apr 2021
The first season just feels like yesterday after rewatching it before the 2nd season aired lmao.

Seems that Naofumi still isn't used yet to the Wrath Shield. I thought he'll only use it on critical moments since the curse takes a toll on himself but I think as long as there's no incantation used from that form of shield, the side effect isn't lethal.

Also a little irritating that Rishia is still too concerned with Itsuki knowing after what her former party did to her and given she's already in Naofumi's party. Hoping that she won't go back to them after she have proved herself, she's better off with her new party.

Apr 6, 2022 7:25 AM
Jan 2021
already the first episode and Naofumi and his party are already fighting. imo the op is kind of lacking.
Apr 6, 2022 7:27 AM
Apr 2021
This is how you start a first episode after time away. No silly filler episode that tells you what happened before or reestablishes characters without growth. This, this was a great episode, not only did we move plot along but we also got character growth with green hair girl being better with Ki then magic or swords and then her agreeing (felt more like peer pressure) to become a slave. Definitely another great episode to a great series! God I love this show.
Apr 6, 2022 7:32 AM

Nov 2015
they’re already back in action fighting from the beginning. And I really liked the OP actually

Apr 6, 2022 7:34 AM
Jul 2021
There's another hero from the the other world from one of the opening scene... Are they really gonna make it that far? If you know what I mean
Apr 6, 2022 7:41 AM
Oct 2020
Uhm, so the starting point of this season and the op visuals have me a little concerned, they're not seriously gonna try and stuff four LN volumes worth of material in a single cour are they?
Apr 6, 2022 7:43 AM

Feb 2020
Rishia is annoying as hell jesus
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2022 7:44 AM

Jul 2011
This whole episode I just could think "Damn! This Spirit Tortoise thing want to spread rabies and corona."
Apr 6, 2022 7:44 AM

May 2020
it's finally back
I missed this show so much

getting to hear autoroll again is truly a blessing
kevin penkin is a goat

Apr 6, 2022 7:47 AM
Aug 2021
was expecting a 40min ep but okay.. op wasnt great either
Apr 6, 2022 7:48 AM

Nov 2016
Okayish start, opening feels bland compared to the previous ones.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 6, 2022 7:50 AM
May 2015
man first ep was so corny idk
Apr 6, 2022 7:52 AM
Oct 2020
for the first episode for the second season I would say that was pretty good and worth my hype hopefully they explain the bats more tho but W episode
Apr 6, 2022 7:53 AM
Jul 2015
Maybe it's because I've been reading the LNs but the pacing of scenes feels really weird/fast.
Apr 6, 2022 7:54 AM
Nov 2020
Raftalia best girl. everything other than that doesn't matter
Apr 6, 2022 7:54 AM
Jun 2021
KANLen09 said:
Shield Hero is back after 3 years, and the revenge part is already over from Season 1.

The hearsay that Season 2 will adapt the Spirit Tortoise arc in 13 episodes, starting from Volume 13, chapter 50 of the LN / Volume 6 of the manga (both midway).

It's nice seeing Naofumi and gang back being so much better treated, though Melty to this day is still the same wretched Slut from before, the leopard that doesn't change her spots. But that doesn't mean that they have ample time to prepare for the next Wave apocalypse incoming: the Spirit Tortoise...which the same bragging useless Heroes outright rejected, except for Naofumi.

Rishia will be a useful asset to Naofumi since she's been banished from Bow Hero Itsuki's party, and she's still the timid girl at the end of Season 1, so getting her to be his slave the same way that Raphtalia was at Season 1's beginning to train her up, it feels weird but apt. But considering Filo's queen Fitoria's plea for the Heroes to work together to dispel the Spirit Tortoise, I'm not surprised that Naofumi is going at it alone with Raphtalia, Filo and Rishia.

Reaching the Spirit Tortoise Kingdom, Naofumi and gang is faced with the onslaught of monsters triggered, and thus starts the story anew.

Kinema Citrus has been working at this for 3 years now, and it really shows. Just gonna anticipate even more given the stark contrast of the story.

Bro don't insult Melty, correct your writing it is Malty aka. bitch.
Apr 6, 2022 7:59 AM
Nov 2021
it was okay just like the entirety of last season was just okay. Everything about shield hero so far for me has just been okay. It's the most 6 out of 10 thing ever. Last season it suffered from so many issues and from what I seen in this episode it seems those same problems carry over. Such problems has mediocre animation and art style, painfully annoying characters, shitty story and world building. The only cool character is naofumi. The rest of his party is just okay. I can't stand filo especially when she's in her bird form. Because when she's in her bird form she looks like she's in the wrong anime. She looks like she belongs in a new gen Pokemon show. Ugh this show got alot of potential though.
Apr 6, 2022 7:59 AM
Mar 2022
it was half decent
my opinion
Apr 6, 2022 8:00 AM
Jul 2020
Honestly was just ok, felt a bit rushed compared to the first season and as someone that it reading the light novels there is so much that they are not explaining.
Apr 6, 2022 8:11 AM
Sep 2021
It's great, because in the first episode of this season, it starts with some actions and also it presents every character there is in this first chapter that makes more exciting. The things about the "Tortoise Kingdom" is awesome and very exciting what will happen in the next episode. I hope the next episode will be also great. I also like this first episode a lot.
Apr 6, 2022 8:17 AM

Jan 2021
The episode felt rushed af, felt like we went through a time skip. And is it just me that didn't recognise a single one of those characters at the start? Hopefully they slow things down a bit, I would hate to see this series ruined due to poor production choices.
Apr 6, 2022 8:18 AM
Jul 2021
AWESOME, soo Fucking Happ to be watching Shield Hero again, feels like foreeeeever. I haaaate the other heroes just as much as I used to, and even though I read ahead a volume or two and already know what will happen, I still despise them. Really hope Rishia gets over that shiat, Itsuki is a moron and a trash hero, and I really don't give two shits about her pining for him, because he is just the worst.

Btw I know Shield Hero had some good animation , and some ehhh Animation (here's looking at you final attack against the pope), but that first stuff against those bats looked pretty damn good to me, anyone agree? I am REALLY bummed we are only getting 12 episodes, really sucks getting a good FULL 20+ episodes of a show, only for them to follow it up with a half-assed 12 episodes. However, hopefully that will mean they will have more of a budget and we can get some BADASS fights. I know there are a ton of people who do love this series, but a lot of people think it's mid, and hopefully a very focused, great budget 12 episodes can bring in new fans and sway people back to the side of liking it.
Apr 6, 2022 8:18 AM
Feb 2021
haven't seen it yet.
not on my app where I watch atleast lol
Apr 6, 2022 8:25 AM

Oct 2013
Idk why people seem okay with this but this first episode at least was the most generic and loosely, snappily thrown together shit i've seen in a while. Felt like a bad pv that was stretched to an episode length, while also doing a timeskip. That's from a normal viewer perspective too, from a novel reader perspective though, its just a fucking trainwreck, EVERYTHING is different, everyone's out of character and lacks any kind of signature lines or dialogue with their normal behavior, MOST of the content is cut out or flat out replaced with things that didn't even happen, most the scenes are just there to tie it all together and not key scenes and events... Here's hoping its just the first episode and the rest will be better but... With Jinbo, Masato as the actual director, i'm doubtful.
Apr 6, 2022 8:25 AM

Jan 2021
The wait has been long but it’s here this was a great episode we even got to see Naofumi use Wrath Shield
Apr 6, 2022 8:33 AM

Sep 2021
Marinate1016 said:

The books don't have him setting up his own village(?) and all right, I like where this is going, i have read the manga a bit.
Let's see if this widens the plot(?)
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2022

118 by Palupark »»
May 12, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2022

232 by FuchsiaBC »»
Apr 27, 7:44 AM

» Why the hate? ( 1 2 )

RealityChanges - Mar 14

63 by ziovice »»
Apr 6, 12:15 PM

» Tbh Just SKIP the Turtle Arc

Br3dWinn3rs - Jun 25, 2022

33 by sakuraspace »»
Mar 1, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2022

173 by ookamiAki »»
Feb 7, 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.