Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2022 3:02 AM

Aug 2020
The end of the new beginning. After all the hard work of Ilya, Kuro and Miyu, there is still the final villain to be defeated which is Darius. Julian and Pandora's story was too sad for me too bear. Well, they say that the vollains has the saddest backstory lol. Anyways, I thought this was the last and final movie but as I saw Darius ruining the final moments, I knew it will not end like this. I was surprised at what happened to Kuro too. I am looking forward to the next movie and I hope that it gets the ending I wanted which is peaceful and everyone's safe.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Apr 6, 2022 4:40 AM
Oct 2016
Goddamn cliffhanger!
It was really enjoyable though, great fight scenes, although the 3D showed in some parts of Beatrice vs Illya.
Liked the backstory for Pandora, if she ever gets summonable in FGO I'm rolling for sure. The Gorgon and Serenity installs were a nice nod as well.
Beatrice and Julian story was really enjoyable, didn't think I'd ever feel bad for Beatrice but Tpye Moon does it again!

Can't wait for the follow up, seems like we finally gonna get some info on Tanaka and Gil in action?
Apr 6, 2022 11:30 AM

Sep 2009
I read the manga so near the end I thought they would go Anime original but glad they aren't. It'll be years before we get the sequel though
Apr 6, 2022 1:30 PM

Aug 2013
I was pretty sure that this thread will be full of comments, but it's so empty here :o

Generally speaking, Silverlink did pretty well with animation, but there was a bit too much of 3DCG, especially in that fight with Beatrice, where they even used 3DCG on characters and it looked simply there.

Anyway, Kuro!
rsc-plApr 6, 2022 1:38 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 7, 2022 2:31 PM

Dec 2012
Holy crap, what a cheap cliffhanger to finish off the movie.
Beatrice bit was interesting while Pandora's exposition felt way overtuned, far too many spikes and thorns for what should've been a much shorter sequence. Owel.
Illya's rendering was great, they really made her shine and stand out.
Far too little humor for a prisma show yet again, feels like the show's dying with all its seriousness.
Apr 8, 2022 12:17 PM

May 2021
What a painful cliffhanger. I liked the movie but for me, its below OUS, 3rei and the 1st season.

Apr 8, 2022 6:02 PM

Dec 2015
I expected more from it after watching Sekka no Chikai, but it wasn't that bad.
Apr 8, 2022 6:59 PM
Feb 2020
There's really too much CG in here and the cliffhanger tho. These are the only ones that keeps it from the level of the OUS movie. The rest are better than it imo
Apr 17, 2022 12:27 AM
Mar 2014
glad the battle animation went better than last movie, but the CGI kinda bad, good they use little of it
too bad the part where Illya saving Beatrice with monologue about berserker is been cut

- basaka dare ni mo makenai, Sekai de ichiban tsuyoi dakara!
Apr 17, 2022 7:34 AM
Dec 2020
gilgamesh really just showed up at the last scene, he didn't show up for too long i was kinda worried he'd become the last boss but it was actually darius
i don't really know if gilga is a foe or friend though
but nahhhh why do they have to make it a cliffhanger, now i gotta wait 3 years til the next movie nahhhhh
Apr 19, 2022 5:53 AM

Feb 2014
What a cliffhanger ending, there better be a sequel right cause that was a massive cliffhanger.

I did enjoy the fight scene and Illya really stand out there.
Apr 25, 2022 2:08 AM
Jan 2017
did i watch naruto or illya meet naruto before and learn the talk no jutsu,,
damn shes really did it talking about saving people and know what people really want to do,,really dafuk seriously
Apr 26, 2022 8:41 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty boring movie imo, probably didn't help that I don't remember that much what happened before. Basically just wanted to see more of Angelica really.
May 31, 2022 6:51 PM
May 2020
x2kill4 said:
did i watch naruto or illya meet naruto before and learn the talk no jutsu,,
damn shes really did it talking about saving people and know what people really want to do,,really dafuk seriously

But Bro, do you seriously think a story that ends by just beating or killing a final boss is really truly always good. I think its not. Even Pne punch man don't really end an arc jist by killing a the main arc villain.
They got to put a tension or a joke in it to be actually good and not feep redundant as hell.
The actual joke about Talk no jutsu is people who actually think you don't need talk no jutsu.
Jun 6, 2022 8:15 AM

Feb 2014
Hm, I guess there was too much to cover for a single movie.

So we were left empty handed some times on wtf was going on.

It was one of those movies where only who played the VN will end up appreciating to its max the movie.
For anime watchers only - like me - this felt somewhat random.

Well, I guess our cute lolis and the action scenes made for it xD

Sincerely, no idea the score I should give xD

---

PS.: Noticed the CGI but they were very little and shouldn´t be enough to bother someone; it was very subtle.

TechOtakuJun 6, 2022 8:24 AM
Jul 3, 2022 6:37 AM

Jan 2015
Great movie in story, voice acting, music. Lots of emotional, powerful scenes. Worried as hell from how it ended. Wouldn't be surprised if 3rei!! does deal such a hard punch. Should have known a season or at least a third movie's worth of content is on its way with how Sakura was left undefeated, unsolved.
Had a few moments where I cried a bit but nothing on the level of Oath Under Snow in emotion or how high quality it was, however, Oath Under Snow is super high of a bar, one of my favourite of all Fate entries.
Love kaleid so I'm excited to see where 3rei!! goes, would be happy with a third film if that's where it's being concluded. Otherwise, would prefer a season.
Best preview art, haha, this ending will be incredible!

Not sure where I'd rank Licht Nameless Girl alongside everything else of the series, plenty of great story revelations, emotion, even twists which were cool. Awesome fanservice too, like, not the pervy type. Seeing these overrides as well as characters taking on Installs we hadn't seen them do before, awesome! They had a lot of fun with the expressions of Beatrice, hahaha! Overall, really good experience. Will be surprised if Shirou seriously doesn't continue to fight, though!
Jul 3, 2022 7:46 AM

Jul 2016
Enjoyed the fights, animated better than the OUS movie. (^ω^)

Also, the change in artstyle made Ilya and the other loli cast not a loli anymore. They look like they grow a bit taller. ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

I would like the sequel to be a tv series, though if they're gonna do it, they'll need to make this movie a tv series, like the Mugen Train movie of Demon Slayer, before airing the sequel tv series.

Excited to see
Jul 6, 2022 3:19 PM
May 2020
Cestlavie_ said:
Sonson7 said:

But Bro, do you seriously think a story that ends by just beating or killing a final boss is really truly always good. I think its not. Even Pne punch man don't really end an arc jist by killing a the main arc villain.
They got to put a tension or a joke in it to be actually good and not feep redundant as hell.
The actual joke about Talk no jutsu is people who actually think you don't need talk no jutsu.

Guy but the talk no jutsu was too much
Illya is way too naive, smack the Villian first, then talk. Cause all her blabbering felt shallow to me

At least we know what she is fighting for before she actually slugs the villain. Be it her reasoning is naive or whether you agree with her or not. Its to let you understand the character of Illya so that audience don't misunderstand her character.

Like what is the point of Archer(Emiya) fighting Shirou in UBW if he did not point out first why he has to kill Shirou and why Shirou wants to defeat Archer.

In Fate Zero Gilgamesh points out first why he Hates berserker that is why he is trying to kill berserker.

Without the Gilgamesh talking to Rider first we won't know how Gilgamesh showed him respect by using Ea.

If Illya also did not try to talk with Julian we won't literally know if Jilians true motivation or even if is Julian who is there or his damn grand grand father, etc. Etc.

Loke what you want the villain to always explain what he is always about first unnaturally or you want writer to overuse flashback of the villains life story as he dies? Like lmao
Jul 6, 2022 4:58 PM
May 2020
Cestlavie_ said:
Sonson7 said:

At least we know what she is fighting for before she actually slugs the villain. Be it her reasoning is naive or whether you agree with her or not. Its to let you understand the character of Illya so that audience don't misunderstand her character.

Like what is the point of Archer(Emiya) fighting Shirou in UBW if he did not point out first why he has to kill Shirou and why Shirou wants to defeat Archer.

In Fate Zero Gilgamesh points out first why he Hates berserker that is why he is trying to kill berserker.

Without the Gilgamesh talking to Rider first we won't know how Gilgamesh showed him respect by using Ea.

If Illya also did not try to talk with Julian we won't literally know if Jilians true motivation or even if is Julian who is there or his damn grand grand father, etc. Etc.

Loke what you want the villain to always explain what he is always about first unnaturally or you want writer to overuse flashback of the villains life story as he dies? Like lmao

Shirou and Archer's case is different
Shirou was naive and his future self Archer pointed out that naivety and told him he can't save everyone n like the hero he think he is, Shirou knowingly accepting the facts and risks still chose to stick with what he believes in, Ubw broke down the ideals of a hero of justice

but Illya is just spouting naive ideals without knowing the risks and facts to back it up. I can't take anything she says serious cause she hasn't expérienced any drastic like what shiro and Kiritsugu went through,

Exactly as I said, whether you like her ideals or not. They did that to let the audience know how is Illya currently at that point and to not let audiences misunderstand her and to differentiate her character from Shirou.
Because she is not Shirou don't expect her do things like Shirou or mainline fsn Illya.
Like what do you like every character to think the way you like them to be? For them to be a copy paste of each other.

Fate like to reuse designs but we fundumentally know how the look alikes differ radically as a character
Jul 13, 2022 5:33 PM
Jul 2008
I watched this because I thought this was the end.. Need to wait several years again for continuation, I don't even remember why Illya and Erika were friends and who Tanaka was.
Jul 18, 2022 1:58 PM
May 2017
1. They skipped Shirou/Angelica moment from manga
2. Previous movie's fight was far better than this
3. Shirou >> Illya as MC

5/10 for me
Jul 30, 2022 4:47 AM

Sep 2018
They kind of dragged this a little too much for me, and even the continuation of all this seems a tad contrived. Still a decent movie, but the previous Illya film was easily better. 7/10.
Oct 9, 2022 3:59 PM

Sep 2011
Not as good as Oath Under Snow. Still kinda good but damn they just couldn't keep a consistent production quality and it feels like we skipped some scenes somehow. Also lock off with that cliffhanger. Never end a movie or any piece of media really on a cliffhanger unless you already have the follow up well into development.
Nov 4, 2022 6:09 PM

Jan 2018
Honestly, not very well adapted, especially after Oath Under Snow which did a good job. CGI and animation was all over the place. Unfortunately one of those things where this would have worked better as a season than a movie, since the movie had to skip so much setup for the sake of time.

They should have put all their budget into the Illya x Beatrice fight. Was such a good fight in the manga.
Feb 3, 2023 11:42 AM
Nov 2022
Just watched part one, and a bit shocked. I was wondering how a movie was finished, if the manga wasn't.
The fight sequences were amazing in my opinion. The film was combat heavy for sure, so it is a bit of a shame they left out the full snowball fight where Illya called out to Angelica to help her. I was honestly looking forward to that.
Holy crap though, Illya was both a punching bag and a boss in the movie's fights. The face off between her and Beatrice got the budget it deserved imo. I adore the moments when Illya installs Rider.
The one thing that left me shocked though was the very Halo 2 ending it had. Cliffhangers are difficult to pull off well, so I can't blame them, especially where they had to leave it. It has left me badly wanting more, which is good thing.

Looks like I'm back to looking up MangaDex on a daily basis ^^"
Feb 6, 2023 6:44 PM
Mar 2019
Why does Illya think everyone needs saving??
The ending proves her wrong in this instant, it was her fault for not killing him.
Has she ever killed anyone??
Jun 29, 2023 5:29 PM

Aug 2017
This is one of the best arcs in the manga and tbh they handled it completly poorly, there's so much nuance, details and great visuals in the manga, but the movie lacks most of them
Visual Novels should have a place in this site, really
Aug 29, 2023 8:32 PM

Jul 2016
Kinda bland movie overall. Too much melodrama between lolis for me to care and the way they went full PS2 graphics during the Illya vs. Beatrice fight sure was disappointing.

Also I know Illya is supposed to be the center of this "arc" but man did I find the lack of Shirou and Kuro screen-time frustrating as hell.

5/10
Sep 25, 2023 11:40 AM

Feb 2020
I loved Oath Under Snow a ton more, but I am excited to see what the continuation is after this damn cliffhanger ending

I like Beatrice more after this movie too

Oct 26, 2023 7:03 AM
Mar 2022
WOW SUPRISE PLOTWIST
Feb 5, 6:20 AM
Oct 2021
Reply to bushman66
Why does Illya think everyone needs saving??
The ending proves her wrong in this instant, it was her fault for not killing him.
Has she ever killed anyone??
@bushman66 it not matter even Illya Kill Jullian. Darius already kinda get his purpose and even not, i will not suprise that he dont just tranfer his soul in another doll.
Feb 23, 8:51 PM

May 2021
I feel like shirou got nerfed
I know he doesn’t have the archer card and miyu’s mana but he still fought decently against gilgamesh card
Don’t really get how the heroic spirit is eating away at him when it’s literally him

Wasn’t expecting this to be that good anyway only reason I watched this series was for oath under snow anyway

Not the worst of the series actually pretty decent compared to the other parts not including OUS

Cliff hanger ending
Karva1Feb 23, 10:13 PM
Inhales oxygen

More topics from this board

» Does anyone have some sort of recap?

KazuroWeisemann - Feb 5, 2023

0 by KazuroWeisemann »»
Feb 5, 2023 7:57 PM

» Surprised This Movie has less than 4000 members

Cestlavie_ - Jul 6, 2022

8 by booyah10 »»
Aug 4, 2022 7:02 AM

» Blu-Ray release date?

Esvada - Dec 6, 2021

6 by RuneRem »»
Jun 17, 2022 6:06 AM

» epic

ImaAnimal - May 21, 2020

2 by TechOtaku »»
Jun 6, 2022 8:28 AM

» Blu-ray release out, can we watch yet?

Rimzyy - Apr 1, 2022

4 by NeverGoneXD »»
May 21, 2022 9:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.