Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 6, 2022 11:30 PM
May 2010
I saw it when I was young. I thought it was tame. Mind you I had already seen anime like Umineko and Blood at this point.
Apr 7, 2022 12:16 AM
Apr 2020
I think I was about 13 when I watched it? I loved the first season but after that I got quite confused with all the new characters etc. Looking back, s1 was pretty allright but I think I liked it a lot more because it was one of my first anime and I had little to compare it to.. not a fan anymore!
Apr 7, 2022 1:16 AM
Oct 2017
i watched it when i was 16 and now im 21, idk if thats considered childhood but i loved it very much back then, coming back to it now i see how rushed it was and how the anime just wanted to get to the action as fast as possible
Apr 7, 2022 1:34 AM

Nov 2020
This show is actually the third anime I watched. I don't remember what age but Its probably below 12, I just thought its cool and all but I didn't understand shit until I read the manga a few months ago. man was I enlightened.
Apr 7, 2022 2:15 AM
Apr 2022
I was 27 when this came out so no lol my childhood was studio ghibli, dragon ball, one piece and whatever you could find on vhs which often was far from child friendly lol (wicked city, ninja scroll, akira etc)
Apr 7, 2022 8:26 AM
Dec 2021
yess I was 10/11 years old when I watched It. I was like: Aaa so much blood.
Apr 7, 2022 8:59 AM
Jul 2021
Tokyo ghoul in my childhood lol. I'm old it did not exist in my childhood but iv been watching anime as long as I can remember but did not realize it was anime until I was in gr 2 or 3 watching Sailor Moon. My realization of anime hit full on when Toonami was introduced on Cartoon Network and the first anime movie I watched as a kid was Vampire Hunter D. Anime was hard to find in the 90s before it became mainstream so you watched what you could and a lot of it was bootlegged and very badly dubbed.
Apr 7, 2022 11:11 AM
Jan 2021
KanekiKen523 said:
Admit it, who's watched Tokyo Ghoul in their childhood? Definitely not me, but is there anyone out there who's watched this anime when they were quite young? How did you feel watching it and what even got you into it? Besides this, are there any other anime that you've watched in your childhood. I came across comments on Youtube saying they've watched this in their childhood, so anyone else here has watched it in their childhood?

Yeah I watched it when I was in fifth grade so I was probably around the age of 10, but I remember my friend telling me it was great and how I should watch it. I watch the first episode and then stoped because of the scene when he turns into a ghoul and he’s naked 💀
Apr 7, 2022 1:13 PM
Mar 2022
KanekiKen523 said:
Admit it, who's watched Tokyo Ghoul in their childhood? Definitely not me, but is there anyone out there who's watched this anime when they were quite young? How did you feel watching it and what even got you into it? Besides this, are there any other anime that you've watched in your childhood. I came across comments on Youtube saying they've watched this in their childhood, so anyone else here has watched it in their childhood?

i was 9 when i watched season 1. i was traumatized and after watching nishio beating kaneki i almost threw up.. i mean i have watched a lot of horror films in my youth but that particular anime hit me different. after finishing the first season i had vomiting problem, like i would feel like vomiting anywhere anytime and it was around for 1.5 years . idk if it was for the anime but it started right after nishios arc
Apr 7, 2022 1:17 PM
May 2021
I didn’t really get into it until my 8th grade of middleschool. Cause it was too popular. (Ya I was one of those 😂) That being said I had a major crush on Uta from the age of 10-12.
Apr 7, 2022 4:14 PM
Jan 2017
I got to watch it at 13, by opening a YouTube profile. Not a channel, a profile from a guy in the comment section. It was very stylish wallpaper of Touka.
Just thought that the profile pic was cool, and saw his playlists, which led me to the Tokyo Ghoul OST, and one thing leads to another, interest build up, binged the series in 2 nights.
Apr 7, 2022 9:10 PM
Aug 2021
i watched it at the age of 11 and I was fine. However I did only watch the first season but when in the last couple episodes of it i was completely fine and wasn’t scared or disturbed at all. Its cool now rewatching it now like 5 years later and still remembering heaps of the first season and it just felt comforting coming back too.
Apr 8, 2022 2:46 PM

Jan 2017
Watched it when I was 10-11 as a lot of my friends started watching the most popular animes at the time. I was not really disturbed, mostly because I had already watched school days (my friends made me watch it), but after rewatching it later on in life I realized that I didn't fully get everything.
Apr 8, 2022 3:17 PM
Oct 2021
Was 10 when I watched it I had no clue about anything that was happening at the time and sometimes I had nightmares because of very gory scenes, nevertheless I still somehow turned out liking it and is one of my favourite shows to this day.
(I was incredibly immature aswell it wouldn’t of been that bad if it wasn’t one of the first animes I’d watched)
Apr 8, 2022 9:14 PM
Jul 2021
11? Maybe? I don’t regret a thing
Apr 9, 2022 8:56 AM
Dec 2021
It was literally my 1st anime.
Apr 10, 2022 4:45 AM
Dec 2021
🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐🦐
L_27loliDec 3, 2022 3:13 PM
Apr 12, 2022 4:08 AM
Oct 2021
nonofyourbeeswax said:
nah I watched it after I read the the first manga series then dropped the anime and read RE

is Tokyo ghoul manga is amazing like anime tell mer bro?
Apr 16, 2022 4:54 PM
Nov 2021
KanekiKen523 said:

I was about 11 or 12 when I watched Tokyo Ghoul and I wasn’t scared of it at all, I found it pretty amazing and started buying the manga too. To this day I hold it dearly to my heart, because it made me start wanting to watch more anime.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

846 by Vindicater »»
May 13, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

320 by Vindicater »»
May 8, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dior - Jul 10, 2014

520 by Vindicater »»
May 4, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2014

860 by Vindicater »»
May 2, 5:29 AM

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.