Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 30, 2022 5:20 PM

Jul 2020
I’m just wondering where to start, should I watch this first or play the VN first?
I’ve heard that this anime covers the introductory chapter, so could I skip the VN for that part and just watch this and then play the closing chapter VN? Is that how it works?

"Truth is always a cruel thing."

Mar 30, 2022 5:47 PM
Jul 2021
Watch the anime then play the vn
Mar 30, 2022 6:13 PM
Oct 2020
DON'T PLAY AND WATCH THIS ANIME
Mar 30, 2022 6:26 PM

Aug 2017
don’t watch the anime, don’t play the vn
Mar 30, 2022 6:47 PM
Sep 2021
Just the anime...
Mar 30, 2022 6:51 PM

Jul 2020
Getting some really mixed messages here lol
What exactly is the anime’s connection to the VNs then? Sequel, prequel, retelling, or something else?

Mar 30, 2022 7:08 PM
Jan 2021
Don’t watch it or play it. It’s grossly overrated, no clue why the score is so high. I’ve never rated anything a 1 until now
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Mar 30, 2022 8:09 PM

Jul 2020
official_brown said:
Don’t watch it or play it. It’s grossly overrated, no clue why the score is so high. I’ve never rated anything a 1 until now
That’s great and all, but I’m not asking about IF I should watch it, I’m asking about HOW I should watch it.

Mar 30, 2022 8:20 PM
Jan 2017
I watched first the anime and then played some of the novel. White Album 2 VN, if I'm not wrong, is segmented in two phases: introductory chapter and closing chapter. The introductory chapter is the one adapted in the anime and there is no animated version of the closing chapter until now, unfortunately. If you feeling in a hurry I even would recommend you to watch the anime and then play directly the closing chapter... it will not be as complete while comparing the exp with the introductory chapter still, I think it would work just fine.
I like the romance of the anime but it can be disappointing depending in which heroine you cheer for. The anime itself ends in a open way, almost begging for you continue the story at the source material.
I guess it would be interesting to wait someone else who played first and then watched the adaption as another POV... I'm also rly curious about this counter-perspective.
Mar 30, 2022 8:22 PM

Jul 2020
AlCreed said:
I watched first the anime and then played some of the novel. White Album 2 VN, if I'm not wrong, is segmented in two phases: introductory chapter and closing chapter. The introductory chapter is the one adapted in the anime and there is no animated version of the closing chapter until now, unfortunately. If you feeling in a hurry I even would recommend you to watch the anime and then play directly the closing chapter... it will not be as complete while comparing the exp with the introductory chapter still, I think it would work just fine.
I like the romance of the anime but it can be disappointing depending in which heroine you cheer for. The anime itself ends in a open way, almost begging for you continue the story at the source material.
I guess it would be interesting to wait someone else who played first and then watched the adaption as another POV... I'm also rly curious about this counter-perspective.
Thanks, this is really helpful! I think I’ll do what you did then, and start with the anime.

Mar 30, 2022 8:26 PM

Sep 2015
You can watch it after playing Introductory Chapter. IIRC, they are basically the same but the VN has explicit scenes, higher art quality and more details of course.

Though I lost interest halfway through Closing Chapter. Might revisit since CODA is fully translated now.
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
Mar 30, 2022 8:32 PM

Jul 2020
kyou_on said:
You can watch it after playing Introductory Chapter. IIRC, they are basically the same but the VN has explicit scenes, higher art quality and more details of course.

Though I lost interest halfway through Closing Chapter. Might revisit since CODA is fully translated now.
Do you know if the Introductory Chapter VN has any all ages options? I honestly don’t really want any explicit scenes.

Mar 30, 2022 8:51 PM

Sep 2015
Looks like the PS3 and Vita versions are for all ages but the english translation patch won’t work. For PC, there’s an option for mosaic version.
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
Mar 30, 2022 8:54 PM

Jul 2020
kyou_on said:
Looks like the PS3 and Vita versions are for all ages but the english translation patch won’t work. For PC, there’s an option for mosaic version.
Thanks for the info! I’ll probably stick with the anime then.

Mar 30, 2022 9:44 PM

Nov 2019
The visual novel and its adaptation are different kinds of experience.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Mar 30, 2022 11:10 PM

Jan 2017
triplepsycho said:
kyou_on said:

Do you know if the Introductory Chapter VN has any all ages options? I honestly don’t really want any explicit scenes.

You can just skip the explicit scenes when they come if you really don't want to see it. If you get it on PC, just turn down the volume and hold CTRL and it will fast forward the scenes. I watched the anime long ago. Then rewatched it a few months ago before playing all of the VN. The introductory chapter contains the exact same content as the anime aside from extra content you unlock after making progress in one of the routes of closing chapter. I'd say this extra content only matters if you plan on playing that route; otherwise, if you only care to play the route that guides you to CODA, then it doesn't matter. I really like all the routes in closing chapter, so I would encourage you to play all of it if you enjoy the anime. WA2 anime is a very good adaptation unlike most VNs nowadays aside from KyoAni adaptations.
KawaiiTendouMar 30, 2022 11:13 PM
Mar 31, 2022 7:50 AM

Jul 2020
KawaiiTendou said:
triplepsycho said:

You can just skip the explicit scenes when they come if you really don't want to see it. If you get it on PC, just turn down the volume and hold CTRL and it will fast forward the scenes. I watched the anime long ago. Then rewatched it a few months ago before playing all of the VN. The introductory chapter contains the exact same content as the anime aside from extra content you unlock after making progress in one of the routes of closing chapter. I'd say this extra content only matters if you plan on playing that route; otherwise, if you only care to play the route that guides you to CODA, then it doesn't matter. I really like all the routes in closing chapter, so I would encourage you to play all of it if you enjoy the anime. WA2 anime is a very good adaptation unlike most VNs nowadays aside from KyoAni adaptations.
Thank you, that’s very good to know!

Mar 31, 2022 9:31 AM

Mar 2021
don't watch this shit..there many anime out there that are worth than this shit
Mar 31, 2022 10:26 PM

Feb 2021
husainyrozali said:

Oh look, another person whose opinion can be guiltlessly thrown in the garbage.
HatTrkPatrkMar 31, 2022 10:30 PM
Apr 14, 2022 6:23 AM
Jul 2021
husainyrozali said:

Telling me this and not giving me examples makes me think your making it up??????????
May 7, 2022 9:14 PM
May 2022
Don’t watch the anime, play the VN. Even if you did watch the anime I would still recommend you read the Introductory Chapter, it’s just better. Really sad to see that people shit on this masterpiece because of the shitty adaption. WA2 is kamige in the VN community.
May 7, 2022 9:41 PM
Aug 2021
Yeah, just play the visual novel.

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

202 by Giolbat »»
Mar 12, 7:03 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2013

221 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 10:50 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

200 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 7:40 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Dec 7, 2013

158 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 8, 3:59 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

856 by GingZ »»
Mar 1, 3:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.