Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2022 3:59 PM

Nov 2011
They kept us at edge this episode with the duel. It looks like everything was poured into this fight for Yuuga as he unites his friends' fighting spirits in his deck.

Rest of the episode followed a familiar mood as usual. Romin on that bike though lol. She's got style. This was a rather entertaining finale imo.
Mar 26, 2022 5:35 PM

Jan 2021
I haven't really commented on Sevens at all up to this point, but

Jesus CHRIST this final episode was good. It even boomerangs luke's other self, there is just no plot point this show doesn't address after the fact. And the final move Yuga pulls against Luke, where he reveals he used his ID card to draw sevens road magician, is poetic as all get-out.

Also, you know the mask Yuga has on at the end? The one that looks like Otes? Seems the curent fandom running theory is that the entire plot of Sevens is actually a stable time loop, and that Otes is actually Yuga from the future.
Mar 27, 2022 6:41 AM

Apr 2020
I'll be honest... I don't like where Yu-Gi-Oh went with this one.
Being more childish didn't work for me even if it had it's good moments.
Also the change of studio threw me off since I still think Gallop is way better.
5/10 and worst YGO show overall imo. I hope Go Rush is better for me.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Mar 27, 2022 8:29 PM
Mar 2022
One of best YGO in general so far, IDC about is not Gallop or Edge anyway, My Fav are from 5ds to ARC-V (specially ARC-V), but this was GOLD and delivered ALL without promisses

Happy to see a organic and consistent series in franchise again, loving this new era and success in Asia

OMG IM GONNA CRY, MY CHILDS ARE ABOUT TO GONE AND IDK TO SAY GOODBYE
Mar 28, 2022 3:16 AM

Jan 2013
probably one of the most underacted anime in general, sevens unironicly blows all the typical sol and romance trash we get these days
Mar 28, 2022 3:38 AM

May 2015
I'm just glad it's over. maybe go rush will be better.
Mar 30, 2022 9:44 AM

Nov 2017
Yuuga probably my favorite yugioh protagonist after that finally , We is always working on something to make things better for everyone and not just dueling.
This doesn't have the Slice of Life tag and i hardly watch SOL but probably my new fav in that category.

Children are the Kings of Games!
LizonMar 30, 2022 4:40 PM
Mar 31, 2022 11:50 AM
Sep 2015
Yuga is the Yu-Gi-Oh! protagonist that has the lowest win rate so far, which is good! I want something new, I want someone who's not always win, but can win a match that really matter. And can win "outside" the duel. Yuga has a lot of friends, so he wins in real life. In fact, some of characters are left undefeated, like Yuran Goha, which break the YGO tradition that every rival/villain must be defeat at some point. But it is SEVENS statement that SEVENS cares more about relationship than winning the duel.

So I'm gonna assume that the Lukeman, the real alien lifeform that get into space and said "would return if they found themselves in trouble" is the one that save Yuga since Lukeman appear near Yuo Goha at the end, and Yuo is very surprised (or shocked). I find that Lukeman, which is Luke's childhood dream, saving Yuga, which is Luke's childhood friend, very meaningful to me. Romantic, dare I say...

SEVENS is the shortest YGO anime so far (excluding the very first one in 1998). I kinda wish it's longer because I like the peaceful environment (is this the first time no one died?), and I like elementary school boys with fully grown male voice. I hope Go Rush!! has some kind of connection to SEVENS because there are many unexplored potential in SEVENS that'd be such a waste if Go Rush!! abandon all of that.
phantomfandomMar 31, 2022 12:06 PM
Apr 4, 2022 5:17 AM

Jan 2013
Very underwhelming to say the least, every season feels like a step down in quality and story.
I'll watch Go Rush but I have no faith we'll get another resurgence in a decent story like 5D's had.
Nov 30, 2022 1:59 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Epic last episode, a sacrifice with reward!!!! kekeke

2 years later..... niceee!!!!

3/10
Aug 30, 2023 2:26 PM

Jul 2022
I went back and forth between giving this a 6 and a 7 before ultimately settling on the former.

At its best, Sevens had the same highs as the OG series. Monsters destroying buildings, the power of friendship, and decent humor. Everything you could want from an anime about card games.

At its worst, it felt like a series of meaningless story arcs. The ladybug ninja and Yuga Goha plotlines fell flat for me and lacked resolution. I can also suspend my disbelief quite a bit given how much YGO I've watched, but elementary kids flying to space and using a giant robot to play card games over a supercomputer on the moon is just a tad too tall of an ask.

I enjoyed the characters and the duels enough that I wouldn't call the show bad, but I'm clearly not the target demo for YGO anymore considering I grew up with the OG. 6/10 and a fine show.

Hope Rush Duels come to the States one of these days!
Mar 28, 12:38 AM

Nov 2012
honestly rush overall was definitely a step down imo. I don't entirely dislike it, but I'm not in a rush (lol) to jump into the sequel Go Rush. Idm the rush anime continuing as it's own thing, but I would really love a return to the "classic" style of Yugioh. With a new anime or even/& a DM remake. Keep this Rush anime with Bridge and give gallop another shot with either or those, or even try a new studio if they can pull it off up the standard they've set.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh!: Sevens Episode 87 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2022

5 by JVskunkape »»
Mar 27, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh!: Sevens Episode 67 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

6 by JVskunkape »»
Mar 26, 2:06 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh!: Sevens Episode 66 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

2 by JVskunkape »»
Mar 26, 1:44 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh!: Sevens Episode 65 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

4 by JVskunkape »»
Mar 26, 1:27 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh!: Sevens Episode 55 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

4 by JVskunkape »»
Mar 25, 3:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.