Forum Settings
Forums

Original TV Anime 'Opus.COLORs' Announced for 2023

New
Mar 25, 2022 9:14 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The NBCUniversal Entertainment Japan special stage at AnimeJapan 2022 announced an original television anime titled Opus.COLORs on Saturday, scheduled for a 2023 broadcast. The company also opened an official website, revealing the main staff and a teaser visual (pictured).

Staff
Original Creator, Planning: Rin Hinata (Starmyu)
Director: Shunsuke Tada (Noblesse chief director)
Series Composition: Sayaka Harada (Konbini Kareshi)
Character Design: Asami Watanabe (Starmyu, Hakyuu Houshin Engi chief animation director)
Studio: C-Station

Synopsis
What color is the world in which you live?

"Perception Art" has been around in the art world for about ten years. It has now completely permeated the world and is a vibrant part of people's lives. Kazuya Yamanashi, the son of Mr. and Mrs. Yamanashi—famous "artists" and the creators of Perception Art, recently enrolled in the prestigious art institution Eisen High School with his childhood friend Jun Tsuzuki, dreaming of becoming a Perception Artist himself.

Kazuya also had another motive: to rekindle a friendship with "another childhood friend" who had drifted apart after "an incident" ten years ago...

Kyou Takise, a junior grader at Eisei High School majoring in Perception Art, is the son of a well-known "grader" and the creator of Perception Art. He was a childhood friend of Kazuya and Jun, but he has avoided them for years. Kyou's heart was riddled with scars that could never be seen.

Various "colors" collide and overlap with each other. What is the "color" of the scene that meet their eyes?

Official site: https://www.opus-colors.com/
Official Twitter: @opus_colors

Source: Spice

Opus.COLORs on MAL
LeknaatMar 26, 2022 3:39 AM

Mar 25, 2022 9:44 PM

May 2020
An all boys series? If it is then an instant skip for sure.
Mar 25, 2022 9:47 PM

Jul 2021
If this is no boys love im gonna cry
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Mar 25, 2022 11:58 PM

Mar 2010
Looks super interesting so far! Interested to see more news.
Mar 26, 2022 12:48 AM

Apr 2016
So whos gonna sexually assault who ?
Mar 26, 2022 2:09 AM

Feb 2021
Great! More Boys-Love to people!!
Mar 26, 2022 2:44 AM
Feb 2014
Usually i would have told people off from making baseless assumptions about an anime.....but no, this time even i assumed immediately it's a shounen-ai/yaoi/bl, well, at least from the visual alone.....

I might be wrong though, we'll see....if it is, i'm definitely skipping this though!
My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Mar 26, 2022 2:54 AM

Apr 2012
If this is a full-fledged original BL, then can you say that this is the first show of its kind at all?
Mar 26, 2022 3:27 AM

Jul 2015
Looks gay. Instant skip.

Mar 26, 2022 3:54 AM

Feb 2021
RobertBobert said:
If this is a full-fledged original BL, then can you say that this is the first show of its kind at all?

And if it turned out to be so, it would be great!!
Mar 26, 2022 3:57 AM

Apr 2012
-Matthew- said:
RobertBobert said:

Not my cup of tea, but if you like it, what's the problem?
Mar 26, 2022 3:59 AM

Feb 2021
RobertBobert said:
-Matthew- said:

Not my cup of tea, but if you like it, what's the problem?

Yes, I like this genre. No problems.
Mar 26, 2022 5:20 AM
Feb 2022
I love Starmyu so I am 100% looking forward to this! And if it is BL that's just a bonus!
Mar 26, 2022 5:47 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This is some clear yaoi bait here lol, but the synopsis is enticing to me now that I have a newfound appreciation of art thanks to Blue Period so I'll definitely check this out
Mar 26, 2022 5:57 AM

Sep 2017
I really hope its BL, would be the first of its kind
Mar 26, 2022 7:10 AM
Jul 2018
Swagernator said:
So whos gonna sexually assault who ?
You haven't even seen the show and that's the first thing you say? That's pretty sad.
Mar 26, 2022 9:02 AM

Jun 2010
You know you have no life when you go out of the way to comment on a show that you don't want to watch and are hating on since the start.
These are the same clowns who will watch every shitty isekai, harem shows, and yet comment on what they THINK is yaoi or shoujo.
Mar 26, 2022 9:05 AM

Apr 2016
lazyinternsan said:
You know you have no life when you go out of the way to comment on a show that you don't want to watch and are hating on since the start.
These are the same clowns who will watch every shitty isekai, harem shows, and yet comment on what they THINK is yaoi or shoujo.

We really went far when with each new Isekai we also get a new sexual assault in it.

Like Japan calm down.
Mar 26, 2022 12:08 PM

Nov 2015
redvelvetdoll said:

No. Fairy Ranmaru is the 1st original BL but nobody watched it.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Mar 26, 2022 12:17 PM

Sep 2017
Old_School_Akira said:
redvelvetdoll said:

I've seen the first episode! But it's also not tagged as BL here so that's why I considered it the first. A friend also brought up YOI to me but that's also not tagged and I'd argue the marketing at the time wasn't intended that way
Mar 26, 2022 2:24 PM

Feb 2021
Old_School_Akira said:
redvelvetdoll said:

I have also seen it and think it is a really great series!! Their transformations remind me of that from Sailor Moon!! I wish similar anime will be shown someday!!

Last one is my favorite from the Crystal!! It is so charming and magic!!
MemoreMar 26, 2022 2:27 PM
Mar 27, 2022 5:16 AM

Apr 2012
lazyinternsan said:

For a girl who loves shounen, you are too salty because of the guys who like genre shows and comment on female titles
Mar 28, 2022 6:01 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
lazyinternsan said:
Its how I feel about a certain pretentious individual on this sub forum as well lol
Mar 28, 2022 11:09 PM
Jul 2018
Love all the comments saying that they're going to skip because it's possibly an all male show (sexist) or because it looks gay (wow homophobic much?) We don't barely know anything about the show but everyone is so quick to jump on the hate train. But I'm sure everyone that was being rude in the comments would be down for it if it was something with fanservice catering to males. Borderline, you don't like? That's fine, but don't be disrespectful.
Mar 29, 2022 4:23 AM

Feb 2019
lazyinternsan said:

• Why should it be wrong to comment on a show someone does not want to watch and that does not appear to be any good? Are you trying to insinuate that only positive feedback should be allowed, that only it is correct? Would one, in your eyes, have a life in that scenario, but not in the other?
  • "I dislike that some people don't like this sort of show, so I'll assume they all like the sorts of shows I dislike." Come on, that's just childish. And are we to believe that you have a life, whilst also hating on those sorts of shows? Hypocritical, isn't it?
  • "What they THINK is yaoi or shoujo" - it clearly is. And even if it weren't, you can't forbid interpretation.

Tokoya said:
lazyinternsan said:
Its how I feel about a certain pretentious individual on this sub forum as well lol

I'll go ahead and assume this is about me, since you're clearly obsessed. No doubt you think of me in the dead of night, almost romantic, that is, but regardless, that's a cheap insult and you know it. If I'm really "pretentious," you should be able to point out how I've ever misunderstood the subjects I discuss, but curiously you cannot.

TinaTunaTina said:
Love all the comments saying that they're going to skip because it's possibly an all male show (sexist) or because it looks gay (wow homophobic much?) We don't barely know anything about the show but everyone is so quick to jump on the hate train. But I'm sure everyone that was being rude in the comments would be down for it if it was something with fanservice catering to males. Borderline, you don't like? That's fine, but don't be disrespectful.

So, according to you, it's homophobic to not be attracted to gay relationships? I don't think you fully understand any part of the equation here.

That aside, much of what you're saying here is hypocritical and presumptive, much like what I pointed out for @lazyinternsan above. The both of you should just realise the wider community's view of this genre is irrelevant, and stop throwing a fit about it.
O_T_TMar 29, 2022 4:27 AM
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Mar 29, 2022 6:02 AM
Jul 2018
O_T_T said:
lazyinternsan said:

• Why should it be wrong to comment on a show someone does not want to watch and that does not appear to be any good? Are you trying to insinuate that only positive feedback should be allowed, that only it is correct? Would one, in your eyes, have a life in that scenario, but not in the other?
  • "I dislike that some people don't like this sort of show, so I'll assume they all like the sorts of shows I dislike." Come on, that's just childish. And are we to believe that you have a life, whilst also hating on those sorts of shows? Hypocritical, isn't it?
  • "What they THINK is yaoi or shoujo" - it clearly is. And even if it weren't, you can't forbid interpretation.

Tokoya said:

I'll go ahead and assume this is about me, since you're clearly obsessed. No doubt you think of me in the dead of night, almost romantic, that is, but regardless, that's a cheap insult and you know it. If I'm really "pretentious," you should be able to point out how I've ever misunderstood the subjects I discuss, but curiously you cannot.

TinaTunaTina said:

So, according to you, it's homophobic to not be attracted to gay relationships? I don't think you fully understand any part of the equation here.

That aside, much of what you're saying here is hypocritical and presumptive, much like what I pointed out for @lazyinternsan above. The both of you should just realise the wider community's view of this genre is irrelevant, and stop throwing a fit about it.
it is homophobic to not want to watch a show because of gay characters. Like I stated above. I'm simply saying that if you don't like the genre whats the point of hating it? We don't even know if it's yaoi, it's just two guys on the cover and suddenly everyone is being disrespectful. Also plenty of people like yaoi, with good shows of the genre being aired recently (given, sasaki to miyano, etc) but there's also a lot of people that can't move on when it's obviously something they don't like and this is the fourms. They can voice their rude opinion, why can't I voice mine?
Apr 1, 2022 3:10 AM

Feb 2019
TinaTunaTina said:
it is homophobic to not want to watch a show because of gay characters. Like I stated above.

Justify this claim, then. As of yet you've just asserted it without support, so it's not a valid statement. I remind you that what you've essentially said is "it's homophobic to not be gay," and that's quite obviously a ridiculous opinion, that's not how sexuality works.

I'm simply saying that if you don't like the genre whats the point of hating it?

That's a contradictory sentence. "Not liking" the genre is "hating" it. What you likely mean is "what's the point of voicing your dislike for the genre," to which I can simply rely "what's the point of voicing that you like it?" Like I said earlier, why should praise be considered "better" than derision? You're just asking for an echo chamber, and that just impedes interpreting and analysing media.

We don't even know if it's yaoi, it's just two guys on the cover and suddenly everyone is being disrespectful.

First of all, it's evidently yaoi from the synopsis and cover, I already mentioned this. To say "we don't know" is just outright denial.

Second, this appears to be one of the main problems at the heart of your opinion, that it is "disrespectful" to be negative about the show. The issues here are that there's no reason to believe that a critical view on a work is "disrespectful," and there's also no reason to believe it commands respect in the first place.

Also plenty of people like yaoi, with good shows of the genre being aired recently (given, sasaki to miyano, etc)

How many people like a genre is an Ad Populum, and whether or not there are good examples doesn't automatically mean this one will be the same.

but there's also a lot of people that can't move on when it's obviously something they don't like and this is the fourms.

This is the second big problem in your position, the belief that people should forbid themselves from speaking on things they dislike. But there's no reason that should be anyone's obligation. Like before, you're just relying on an assumption that it is inherently better to be positive then negative, and once again, that's just trying to form an echo chamber.

They can voice their rude opinion, why can't I voice mine?

First, it's not "rude" to be negative about a show, I pointed this out 2 sections above.

Second, your opinion is all about why others' opinions are "rude," so by your own logic, you should shut your trap. If it is "disrespectful" to be critical about a show, what gives you the prerogative to be critical about everyone else's views?
Apr 1, 2022 8:43 AM
Jul 2018
O_T_T said:
TinaTunaTina said:
it is homophobic to not want to watch a show because of gay characters. Like I stated above.

Justify this claim, then. As of yet you've just asserted it without support, so it's not a valid statement. I remind you that what you've essentially said is "it's homophobic to not be gay," and that's quite obviously a ridiculous opinion, that's not how sexuality works.

I'm simply saying that if you don't like the genre whats the point of hating it?

That's a contradictory sentence. "Not liking" the genre is "hating" it. What you likely mean is "what's the point of voicing your dislike for the genre," to which I can simply rely "what's the point of voicing that you like it?" Like I said earlier, why should praise be considered "better" than derision? You're just asking for an echo chamber, and that just impedes interpreting and analysing media.

We don't even know if it's yaoi, it's just two guys on the cover and suddenly everyone is being disrespectful.

First of all, it's evidently yaoi from the synopsis and cover, I already mentioned this. To say "we don't know" is just outright denial.

Second, this appears to be one of the main problems at the heart of your opinion, that it is "disrespectful" to be negative about the show. The issues here are that there's no reason to believe that a critical view on a work is "disrespectful," and there's also no reason to believe it commands respect in the first place.

Also plenty of people like yaoi, with good shows of the genre being aired recently (given, sasaki to miyano, etc)

How many people like a genre is an Ad Populum, and whether or not there are good examples doesn't automatically mean this one will be the same.

but there's also a lot of people that can't move on when it's obviously something they don't like and this is the fourms.

This is the second big problem in your position, the belief that people should forbid themselves from speaking on things they dislike. But there's no reason that should be anyone's obligation. Like before, you're just relying on an assumption that it is inherently better to be positive then negative, and once again, that's just trying to form an echo chamber.

They can voice their rude opinion, why can't I voice mine?

First, it's not "rude" to be negative about a show, I pointed this out 2 sections above.

Second, your opinion is all about why others' opinions are "rude," so by your own logic, you should shut your trap. If it is "disrespectful" to be critical about a show, what gives you the prerogative to be critical about everyone else's views?
Listen, I just don't understand why everyone has to be rude about animes that don't even know about. it's not just this one but people were even calling this airing anime (Aharen-san wa Hakarenai) lolicon bait even when the manga readers were like wtf are yall talking about this is a wholesome show. I don't get why people are so toxic on the forums, when we are all under the same branch and love anime.

Two guys on a cover doesn't make it yaoi, if that was the case, then shows such as (hxh, link click, etc) would be considered yaoi also. I don't get this mindset that when its two guys or two girls on the cover, everyone is suddenly jumping the gun that it is yuri/yaoi. I like both genres, but even I dont jump to such conclusions.

Also it is indeed disrespectful to say "who's going to sexually assault who." like a former comment said. I know yaoi/yuri has that stereotype for having rape in it, but a lot of titles recently have negated that stereotype. (bloom into you, yoi, sasaki to miyano, given, stranger at the sea, etc) It's just disheartening to see people say such things when not all shows in this genre are like that and it's slowly moving away from that stereotype.
Apr 4, 2022 3:45 AM

Feb 2019
TinaTunaTina said:
Listen, I just don't understand why everyone has to be rude about animes that don't even know about.

You appear to just be reiterating the same incorrect beliefs I pointed out earlier. I repeat, to be "rude" about a piece of media is a nonsensical idea. No work of fiction warrants respect, nor does a negative view towards any said work strike against whatever "respect" you presume they deserve.

The idea that people "don't know about" a particular show and therefore should refrain from passing comment about it is false and hypocritical. False, because what one can find from promotional material, genre conventions and cultural osmosis is an entirely valid perspective from which to examine a show. And hypocritical, because if you wish to argue that one can't have a view on the work yet because of a lack of information, then you yourself should abide by this. You do not have enough information to claim it isn't anything you're denying about it.

it's not just this one but people were even calling this airing anime (Aharen-san wa Hakarenai) lolicon bait even when the manga readers were like wtf are yall talking about this is a wholesome show.

But that show is paedophile bait. It's about a adult-coded protagonist being in a relationship with a child-coded character. How "the manga readers" try to defend this is irrelevant, as is bringing that show up. We're discussing Opus.COLORs, not that one.

I don't get why people are so toxic on the forums, when we are all under the same branch and love anime.

A - Not being automatically positive about a show is not "being toxic." I've explained this to you about 6 times by now.

B - Highly presumptive, that. I do not feel that that statement applies to me, and I imagine it doesn't for a great many other people.

C - Even if it were true, if everyone "loved anime," that in no way prevents legitimate criticism of said anime. Loving a medium does not mean automatically loving every work within it.

Two guys on a cover doesn't make it yaoi, if that was the case, then shows such as (hxh, link click, etc) would be considered yaoi also. I don't get this mindset that when its two guys or two girls on the cover, everyone is suddenly jumping the gun that it is yuri/yaoi. I like both genres, but even I dont jump to such conclusions.

Two guys staring into each others' eyes with their fingers reaching to touch each other. In an artstyle that places emphasis on necks, hands and faces. With the synopsis having lines like "Various "colors" collide and overlap with each other. What is the "color" of the scene that meet their eyes?" Nobody is "jumping" to anything, we're all making the logical conclusion based on available evidence. You yourself have done this, in fact, as you're defending the show as a yaoi that may break convention and the like, as you can see below:

Also it is indeed disrespectful to say "who's going to sexually assault who." like a former comment said. I know yaoi/yuri has that stereotype for having rape in it, but a lot of titles recently have negated that stereotype. (bloom into you, yoi, sasaki to miyano, given, stranger at the sea, etc) It's just disheartening to see people say such things when not all shows in this genre are like that and it's slowly moving away from that stereotype.

Once again, you can't be disrespectful to a television show. It's not a person with feelings, it's some footage and sound spliced together to tell a story. The idea that one may sexually assault another is, as you said, a trope of the genre. It is not disrespectful to be aware of this. I also point out again that though there may certainly be examples of good yaoi shows, it does not follow that this one automatically will be. There is no basis on which you can claim it shan't feature such an event, other than blind hope.

I also not you've failed to justify the assertion that it is homophobic to not consume yaoi anime. Therefore, that claim is dismissed.
Apr 4, 2022 5:33 AM
Jul 2018
O_T_T said:
TinaTunaTina said:
Listen, I just don't understand why everyone has to be rude about animes that don't even know about.

You appear to just be reiterating the same incorrect beliefs I pointed out earlier. I repeat, to be "rude" about a piece of media is a nonsensical idea. No work of fiction warrants respect, nor does a negative view towards any said work strike against whatever "respect" you presume they deserve.

The idea that people "don't know about" a particular show and therefore should refrain from passing comment about it is false and hypocritical. False, because what one can find from promotional material, genre conventions and cultural osmosis is an entirely valid perspective from which to examine a show. And hypocritical, because if you wish to argue that one can't have a view on the work yet because of a lack of information, then you yourself should abide by this. You do not have enough information to claim it isn't anything you're denying about it.

it's not just this one but people were even calling this airing anime (Aharen-san wa Hakarenai) lolicon bait even when the manga readers were like wtf are yall talking about this is a wholesome show.

But that show is paedophile bait. It's about a adult-coded protagonist being in a relationship with a child-coded character. How "the manga readers" try to defend this is irrelevant, as is bringing that show up. We're discussing Opus.COLORs, not that one.

I don't get why people are so toxic on the forums, when we are all under the same branch and love anime.

A - Not being automatically positive about a show is not "being toxic." I've explained this to you about 6 times by now.

B - Highly presumptive, that. I do not feel that that statement applies to me, and I imagine it doesn't for a great many other people.

C - Even if it were true, if everyone "loved anime," that in no way prevents legitimate criticism of said anime. Loving a medium does not mean automatically loving every work within it.

Two guys staring into each others' eyes with their fingers reaching to touch each other. In an artstyle that places emphasis on necks, hands and faces. With the synopsis having lines like "Various "colors" collide and overlap with each other. What is the "color" of the scene that meet their eyes?" Nobody is "jumping" to anything, we're all making the logical conclusion based on available evidence. You yourself have done this, in fact, as you're defending the show as a yaoi that may break convention and the like, as you can see below:

Once again, you can't be disrespectful to a television show. It's not a person with feelings, it's some footage and sound spliced together to tell a story. The idea that one may sexually assault another is, as you said, a trope of the genre. It is not disrespectful to be aware of this. I also point out again that though there may certainly be examples of good yaoi shows, it does not follow that this one automatically will be. There is no basis on which you can claim it shan't feature such an event, other than blind hope.

I also not you've failed to justify the assertion that it is homophobic to not consume yaoi anime. Therefore, that claim is dismissed.
I'm saying the same thing over and over because you're not understanding. So it's not bad to be throughly rude and say disgusting comments abut a show that someone has put in hard work to make? If you don't think that's disrespectful then that's on you. I get you that there's nothing wrong with providing constructive criticism on a show and saying why you dislike it it, but just saying "oh this show is shit" etc is not doing that. I guess we have different mindsets, I don't get being hateful about a show even if I don't like it, because I know someone else does. Also one doesn't have to know everything about the genre to post a comment to talk about a show, but they shouldn't post a comment that is obviously going out of the way to be hateful and rude. I don't like toxicity. I don't get why we should further debate this, because it's obvious our opinions won't change.

So that show is pedophilia bait but real people exist like that. I'm guessing i would be pedophilia bait by your logic since I'm 23 but I look 15. There's nothing wrong about looking young and a lot of people can't help it. Are people such as midgets supposed to stay away from people their whole life because they cant help how their body is? Is it possible that it's just a wholesome story with a girl that looks really young?

People can bait something as much as they can, just because the photo for the anime is that, still doesn't mean anything in my book. It is well known that the anime community loves bl bait. If you can't get that, that's on you.

Like I said before. The people that watch these shows have feelings. I never go out of my way to say something terrible about a show because I know other people like it. And yes, it might be a troupe of this genre, but why go out of your way and make a comment on a genre you obviously don't like to just make drama? All these people do when they say comments like that, is cause drama.

I didn't say anything about that claim because I had already explained why it was homophobic to not watch a show because of gay characters. I get not watching because you don't like heavy romance or whatever, but simply passing on a show because the characters are male and it's gay? Okay? The same person that said that has Citrus on their list. They can watch a borderline yuri hentai with rape and incest, but can't try out a possibly good bl? Maybe it's because I watch both, but I find that rather questioning. I have never understood that rule that, straight guys can't enjoy bl or straight girls can't enjoy gl. If the show has a good plot and characters, then go for it.
removed-userApr 4, 2022 5:57 AM
Apr 5, 2022 4:46 AM

Feb 2019
TinaTunaTina said:
I'm saying the same thing over and over because you're not understanding.

Saying the same thing over and over is not how you "make someone understand." Explaining and justifying your beliefs is. I've already made effort to walk you through such a process, and you've not done so.

So it's not bad to be throughly rude and say disgusting comments abut a show that someone has put in hard work to make?

Firstly, we can't be sure it involves "hard work." A lot of media, anime especially, appears to lack critical effort, being hollow in story and theme, only pumped out to satisfy corporate margins. To immediately select this one as being one that is a genuine passion project is presumptive.

Second, if we assume that a work in question did take lots of hard work, it's still not "rude" or "disgusting" to be critical of it. To quote the comedian Robert Webb; "Sincerity is no excuse for failure." Producing a work of fiction is not in itself something to applaud, only producing a good one is, so by doing the former you're delegitimising the pursuit of quality in art.

If you don't think that's disrespectful then that's on you.

I notice you employ this sentence a lot in this response of yours, but, though perhaps you may not be aware, it's an attempt to diminish the conversation. By having the belief that certain positions on a matter are "on" anyone, that they cannot possibly be understood by the other party and therefore should not be evaluated, is just limiting both the conversation and your own scope of knowledge on the subject.

Now, I've explained extensively why it is not "disrespectful" to be negative about a show. The reasons why are not uniquely understood by myself, nor subjective, nor under any other sort of caveat that keeps them "on me." To try and dismiss everything I've said as you've done here is awfully fallacious, and really just a weak show all-round. If you have no actual counterpoints to make against what I've said, you'd do better to take your leave.

I get you that there's nothing wrong with providing constructive criticism on a show and saying why you dislike it it, but just saying "oh this show is shit" etc is not doing that.

I didn't imply that the two were the same, nor did I state what you claim to agree with at the start of this sentence. I didn't say "there's nothing wrong with constructive criticism," I said that criticism of any sort cannot be considered "rude," or "disrespectful," or "hateful," or any of the other terms you've tried to ascribe to it. Do refrain from misrepresenting my position as you just did.

I guess we have different mindsets, I don't get being hateful about a show even if I don't like it, because I know someone else does.

This is similar to what I noted above, an attempt to diminish the conversation by saying "oh well those are just both of our views." Additionally, it's not relevant what you "get," nor who likes what, neither of those have anything to do with this discussion.

Also one doesn't have to know everything about the genre to post a comment to talk about a show, but they shouldn't post a comment that is obviously going out of the way to be hateful and rude.

I have already gone over how a negative comment about a work of media cannot possibly be considered "hateful" or "rude." Like with your claim of homophobia, you are simply repeating this over and over but never once justifying this, so such assertions are simply invalid.

I don't like toxicity.

And you think that what you like should dictate everyone else's behaviour?

I don't get why we should further debate this, because it's obvious our opinions won't change.

You appear to have the wrong idea of what this conversation is about. I am not trying to change your opinion, I'm explaining why your opinion is wrong. Whether or not you rectify it it as a result of such revelation is your own business.

So that show is pedophilia bait but real people exist like that. I'm guessing i would be pedophilia bait by your logic since I'm 23 but I look 15. There's nothing wrong about looking young and a lot of people can't help it. Are people such as midgets supposed to stay away from people their whole life because they cant help how their body is? Is it possible that it's just a wholesome story with a girl that looks really young?

I've already mentioned how Aharen is completely irrelevant to the conversation at hand, but since you seem to have grossly misunderstood what "bait" even is, I'll elaborate on it.

In short, a person cannot be "bait" as a result of physical features, as they are largely out of their control. In a work of fiction, however, it's entirely at the whim of the author. The creator of Aharen could have designed the character to not be child-coded, but they instead intentionally had them be so. Likewise, the audience had the choice to select a different "wholesome" show that features a less problematic couple, but instead sought out one that specifically features one, suggesting assent of such a relationship.

What most fail to realise is that every single detail in a work of media affects both the resulting piece and the audience it cultivates. For this reason, any attempt to play to a particular group at the expense of the work's quality can be considered "bait."

People can bait something as much as they can, just because the photo for the anime is that, still doesn't mean anything in my book. It is well known that the anime community loves bl bait. If you can't get that, that's on you.

See above for how this attempt at dismissal is fallacious. And again, how much of the anime community loves something (which is actually a minority, in this scenario) is an Ad Populum.

Like I said before. The people that watch these shows have feelings. I never go out of my way to say something terrible about a show because I know other people like it.

Here, you incorrectly assume that being negative about a show somehow translates to insulting the audience, including yourself. If you're seriously so engrossed in a genre or medium that any criticism of it you find as striking against your very being, you need to grow up, unironically. It's just a show. Calm down.

And yes, it might be a troupe of this genre, but why go out of your way and make a comment on a genre you obviously don't like to just make drama? All these people do when they say comments like that, is cause drama.

Because it throws you into a fit, as seen above. For "drama" to exist, it requires someone to get annoyed. You're as much a part of the problem, or rather, only you see it as a problem in the first place.

I didn't say anything about that claim because I had already explained why it was homophobic to not watch a show because of gay characters.

You most certainly did fucking not. You merely repeated it over and over, even after I pointed out an obvious flaw that prevented the statement from being true. I explicitly told you to explain why it was homophobic, and you refused to. You have quite simply deluded yourself on this. I ask again, directly, why is it homophobic to not be interested in gay relationships?

I get not watching because you don't like heavy romance or whatever, but simply passing on a show because the characters are male and it's gay? Okay? The same person that said that has Citrus on their list.

Then they clearly aren't homophobic in the first place. You know full well they have no problem with same-sex relationships, yet call them bigots for not liking the same ones as you? That's just disingenuous.

They can watch a borderline yuri hentai with rape and incest, but can't try out a possibly good bl?

There's nothing making it "possibly good," I've already gone over that. You are just hoping it will be, which you are able to do, but that fantasy doesn't and shouldn't be expected to translate to everyone else.

Maybe it's because I watch both, but I find that rather questioning. I have never understood that rule that, straight guys can't enjoy bl or straight girls can't enjoy gl. If the show has a good plot and characters, then go for it.

There is no such "rule," it's a matter of what the genre provides. The average straight man has no interest in a show that fetishises gay men because they are not one nor interested in one, just as romances as a whole have a known lack of viewership amongst asexuals for much the same reasons. So to call someone a bigot for not watching something not produced for them is just woefully ridiculous.
Apr 5, 2022 5:46 AM
Jul 2018
O_T_T said:
TinaTunaTina said:
I'm saying the same thing over and over because you're not understanding.

Saying the same thing over and over is not how you "make someone understand." Explaining and justifying your beliefs is. I've already made effort to walk you through such a process, and you've not done so.

So it's not bad to be throughly rude and say disgusting comments abut a show that someone has put in hard work to make?

Firstly, we can't be sure it involves "hard work." A lot of media, anime especially, appears to lack critical effort, being hollow in story and theme, only pumped out to satisfy corporate margins. To immediately select this one as being one that is a genuine passion project is presumptive.

Second, if we assume that a work in question did take lots of hard work, it's still not "rude" or "disgusting" to be critical of it. To quote the comedian Robert Webb; "Sincerity is no excuse for failure." Producing a work of fiction is not in itself something to applaud, only producing a good one is, so by doing the former you're delegitimising the pursuit of quality in art.

If you don't think that's disrespectful then that's on you.

I notice you employ this sentence a lot in this response of yours, but, though perhaps you may not be aware, it's an attempt to diminish the conversation. By having the belief that certain positions on a matter are "on" anyone, that they cannot possibly be understood by the other party and therefore should not be evaluated, is just limiting both the conversation and your own scope of knowledge on the subject.

Now, I've explained extensively why it is not "disrespectful" to be negative about a show. The reasons why are not uniquely understood by myself, nor subjective, nor under any other sort of caveat that keeps them "on me." To try and dismiss everything I've said as you've done here is awfully fallacious, and really just a weak show all-round. If you have no actual counterpoints to make against what I've said, you'd do better to take your leave.

I get you that there's nothing wrong with providing constructive criticism on a show and saying why you dislike it it, but just saying "oh this show is shit" etc is not doing that.

I didn't imply that the two were the same, nor did I state what you claim to agree with at the start of this sentence. I didn't say "there's nothing wrong with constructive criticism," I said that criticism of any sort cannot be considered "rude," or "disrespectful," or "hateful," or any of the other terms you've tried to ascribe to it. Do refrain from misrepresenting my position as you just did.

I guess we have different mindsets, I don't get being hateful about a show even if I don't like it, because I know someone else does.

This is similar to what I noted above, an attempt to diminish the conversation by saying "oh well those are just both of our views." Additionally, it's not relevant what you "get," nor who likes what, neither of those have anything to do with this discussion.

Also one doesn't have to know everything about the genre to post a comment to talk about a show, but they shouldn't post a comment that is obviously going out of the way to be hateful and rude.

I have already gone over how a negative comment about a work of media cannot possibly be considered "hateful" or "rude." Like with your claim of homophobia, you are simply repeating this over and over but never once justifying this, so such assertions are simply invalid.

I don't like toxicity.

And you think that what you like should dictate everyone else's behaviour?

I don't get why we should further debate this, because it's obvious our opinions won't change.

You appear to have the wrong idea of what this conversation is about. I am not trying to change your opinion, I'm explaining why your opinion is wrong. Whether or not you rectify it it as a result of such revelation is your own business.

I've already mentioned how Aharen is completely irrelevant to the conversation at hand, but since you seem to have grossly misunderstood what "bait" even is, I'll elaborate on it.

In short, a person cannot be "bait" as a result of physical features, as they are largely out of their control. In a work of fiction, however, it's entirely at the whim of the author. The creator of Aharen could have designed the character to not be child-coded, but they instead intentionally had them be so. Likewise, the audience had the choice to select a different "wholesome" show that features a less problematic couple, but instead sought out one that specifically features one, suggesting assent of such a relationship.

What most fail to realise is that every single detail in a work of media affects both the resulting piece and the audience it cultivates. For this reason, any attempt to play to a particular group at the expense of the work's quality can be considered "bait."

See above for how this attempt at dismissal is fallacious. And again, how much of the anime community loves something (which is actually a minority, in this scenario) is an Ad Populum.

Like I said before. The people that watch these shows have feelings. I never go out of my way to say something terrible about a show because I know other people like it.

Here, you incorrectly assume that being negative about a show somehow translates to insulting the audience, including yourself. If you're seriously so engrossed in a genre or medium that any criticism of it you find as striking against your very being, you need to grow up, unironically. It's just a show. Calm down.

And yes, it might be a troupe of this genre, but why go out of your way and make a comment on a genre you obviously don't like to just make drama? All these people do when they say comments like that, is cause drama.

Because it throws you into a fit, as seen above. For "drama" to exist, it requires someone to get annoyed. You're as much a part of the problem, or rather, only you see it as a problem in the first place.

I didn't say anything about that claim because I had already explained why it was homophobic to not watch a show because of gay characters.

You most certainly did fucking not. You merely repeated it over and over, even after I pointed out an obvious flaw that prevented the statement from being true. I explicitly told you to explain why it was homophobic, and you refused to. You have quite simply deluded yourself on this. I ask again, directly, why is it homophobic to not be interested in gay relationships?

I get not watching because you don't like heavy romance or whatever, but simply passing on a show because the characters are male and it's gay? Okay? The same person that said that has Citrus on their list.

Then they clearly aren't homophobic in the first place. You know full well they have no problem with same-sex relationships, yet call them bigots for not liking the same ones as you? That's just disingenuous.

They can watch a borderline yuri hentai with rape and incest, but can't try out a possibly good bl?

There's nothing making it "possibly good," I've already gone over that. You are just hoping it will be, which you are able to do, but that fantasy doesn't and shouldn't be expected to translate to everyone else.

Maybe it's because I watch both, but I find that rather questioning. I have never understood that rule that, straight guys can't enjoy bl or straight girls can't enjoy gl. If the show has a good plot and characters, then go for it.

There is no such "rule," it's a matter of what the genre provides. The average straight man has no interest in a show that fetishises gay men because they are not one nor interested in one, just as romances as a whole have a known lack of viewership amongst asexuals for much the same reasons. So to call someone a bigot for not watching something not produced for them is just woefully ridiculous.
I have already told you over and over why I believe that way. I dont believe in toxicity or trashing on something that someone else enjoys. I usually state in the forums that it isn't my thing and move on. Nowhere do I call the show a piece of trash or stupid or any of these other replies that other people do. That is how I go about talking about a show I dont like. I just can't get why others can't be respectful. I get how you think on the matter, but that is how I PERSONALLY feel and that is not going to change. The internet is already toxic enough, and I do not wish to fall into that umbrella. Also me asking why people are being rude on a forum about a show that isn't even aired yet, isn't being toxic. I am simply wondering why these people have to make insensitive comments on a show that isn't their taste and the person with the sexual assault comment, goes out of their way to whine about yaoi or fujo in every forum they can, so it can be annoying.

The reason I brought up that anime in the first place was to make a point, that people jump the gun way too much when it comes to shows and how I said previously in a different post people will simply assume a show is a yaoi or yuri, just because there is two of the same sex characters on the title photo. Heck, they could have an all male or female cast, then have nothing to do with romance, and still wonder if its yaoi or yuri. I personally go with the flow so I don't understand this mindset.

I brought myself up, because fiction reflects reality. Without reality, we wouldn't have fiction. They both balance eachother. There are some people out there that are young and take a lot of time to hit puberty or someone like that me, that doesn't age with accordance to my age. Which could be the same problem with the girl in the show. Who knows? But I do know people jump the gun way too quickly. Though with a score of 7.72 for the first episode and everyone calling it wholesome in the forums, I'm pretty sure everyone moved past that lolicon bait agenda people were trying to pull.

I do think there is some type of rule that people in the anime community push. It doesn't even have to be homo specific content for people to make comments. If you go on the Free! page and go to the first reviewers profile page, you'll see people call him all kinds of terrible things, because he watched a show with heavy fanservice that wasn't girls. There's people in the Sasaki to Miyano forums saying "oh i can't watch this because im a dude." I cannot stress more, if you are secure with your sexuality, and like romance, there is nothing wrong with someone watching homosexual content of your same gender, as long as it's not fanservice heavy. I, myself, tend to dislike most yuri shows because they're nothing but rape/incest fanservice for the male audience, yet I still try to watch some of them and t there are some generally good ones out there like Bloom into you, which is a favorite of mine.

When someone watches yuri but will not watch yaoi, do you know what the first thing comes to mind? Someone homophobic with a lesbian fetish. They can watch a rape/incest yuri but can't watch something like Sasaki to Miyano? Given? They indulge in yuri content, despite it being non con, yet they don't want to watch a healthy show about a healthy gay relationship? Like I said, it's not homophobic to not watch it because you find the romance genre boring (i have a friend that hates romance genre) but to simply say im not watching because its gay then proceed to watch yuri content, is someone homophobic with a fetish. So by your logic, Given a show that has a male gay couple, that deals with suicide, depression, loosing a loved one, and finding yourself is fetishing gay men and is unwatchable for a straight man that watched Citrus with lots of non con make out scenes. How about Sasaki to Miyano? It's cute, it's fluffy, its wholesome. Both of these shows have no sexual assault, no toxicity, the characters are super well developed! But it's too fetishing for straight men apparently. I could get someone not watching (https://myanimelist.net/anime/37597/Dakaretai_Otoko_1-i_ni_Odosarete_Imasu?q=im%20being%20sexually&cat=anime) because it is indeed fetishing the relationship of the two main leads and has lots of fanservice but the two I stated above & more, are perfectly able to be watched by anyone that likes romance and it is not hard to know which shows are heavy with fanservice, it takes little research. So your point is invalid.
removed-userApr 5, 2022 6:20 AM
Apr 5, 2022 12:26 PM
Apr 2022
Can’t wait to see it!
Apr 7, 2022 3:18 AM

Feb 2019
TinaTunaTina said:
I have already told you over and over why I believe that way. I dont believe in toxicity or trashing on something that someone else enjoys. I usually state in the forums that it isn't my thing and move on. Nowhere do I call the show a piece of trash or stupid or any of these other replies that other people do. That is how I go about talking about a show I dont like.

Yes, we're all already well aware that is how you choose to behave. But that's not what this discussion is about. This discussion is about you wanting everyone else to behave that way also.

I just can't get why others can't be respectful.

Because as we've already established, one is both not required to be "respectful" nor is it even possible to be so.

I get how you think on the matter, but that is how I PERSONALLY feel and that is not going to change.

I've already covered how saying "oh well that's how you feel" is diminishing the argument, and thus an invalid counterpoint. And again, I'm not expecting you to change, I'm explaining why your view (that is, that everyone should act according to your idea of what is "respectful") is incorrect.

The internet is already toxic enough, and I do not wish to fall into that umbrella. Also me asking why people are being rude on a forum about a show that isn't even aired yet, isn't being toxic.

Making false allegations of homophobia is perhaps the most "toxic" thing one can do. Let's not kid ourselves, your "asking why people are being rude" is clearly derogatory.

I am simply wondering why these people have to make insensitive comments on a show that isn't their taste and the person with the sexual assault comment, goes out of their way to whine about yaoi or fujo in every forum they can, so it can be annoying.

Again, already covered this. It's annoying to you. That doesn't mean it's false or out of place to say.

The reason I brought up that anime in the first place was to make a point, that people jump the gun way too much when it comes to shows

If you're referring to Aharen, then your point makes no sense, I've discussed how denoting it "bait" is accurate. There's no "jumping the gun" taking place.

and how I said previously in a different post people will simply assume a show is a yaoi or yuri, just because there is two of the same sex characters on the title photo. Heck, they could have an all male or female cast, then have nothing to do with romance, and still wonder if its yaoi or yuri. I personally go with the flow so I don't understand this mindset.

First, I've already covered how it's not "assumption," but conclusion. It has nothing to do with just having two guys in the cover, but how they are posed, where detail is put, what the synopsis says, and so forth. I walked you through this, if you remember.

Second, is this relevant, at all? I've already pointed out that you're defending this show as a yaoi, so your own assertion that it cannot be figured out yet is contradicted.

This entire point is a dead horse, there's really nothing more to say on it, in either direction.

I brought myself up, because fiction reflects reality. Without reality, we wouldn't have fiction. They both balance eachother. There are some people out there that are young and take a lot of time to hit puberty or someone like that me, that doesn't age with accordance to my age. Which could be the same problem with the girl in the show. Who knows?

Are you just not reading entire paragraphs I put down? I already explained how "bait" works, and how your real-world appearance is irrelevant. "Fiction affects reality" is a true statement, but the way you've employed it here is nonsensical. I remind you, the eponymous character's appearance is a wilful choice by the creator, to gain a particular audience.

But I do know people jump the gun way too quickly. Though with a score of 7.72 for the first episode and everyone calling it wholesome in the forums, I'm pretty sure everyone moved past that lolicon bait agenda people were trying to pull.

Ad Populum. What the score is, and what people are calling it, doesn't affect the actual matter. And assuming there's any sort of "agenda" is simply making shit up to suit your biases, you know full well there's no agenda in noticing that a character is made to look like a child.

I do think there is some type of rule that people in the anime community push. It doesn't even have to be homo specific content for people to make comments. If you go on the Free! page and go to the first reviewers profile page, you'll see people call him all kinds of terrible things, because he watched a show with heavy fanservice that wasn't girls. There's people in the Sasaki to Miyano forums saying "oh i can't watch this because im a dude." I cannot stress more, if you are secure with your sexuality, and like romance, there is nothing wrong with someone watching homosexual content of your same gender, as long as it's not fanservice heavy. I, myself, tend to dislike most yuri shows because they're nothing but rape/incest fanservice for the male audience, yet I still try to watch some of them and t there are some generally good ones out there like Bloom into you, which is a favorite of mine.

Yes, there's some stigma surrounding it, but that's entirely tangential to the actual matter. I remind you of what I said earlier, it's to do with what the genre offers, not what someone is or isn't allowed to do.

Not to mention that if you want to insinuate there is indeed a rule impeding people from yaoi content, that only further supports the user in question not being homophobic, since they're just following said "rule."

When someone watches yuri but will not watch yaoi, do you know what the first thing comes to mind? Someone homophobic with a lesbian fetish.

Explain why this comes to mind. You still haven't established where the "homophobic" part comes from, other than your own biased assumption.

They can watch a rape/incest yuri but can't watch something like Sasaki to Miyano? Given? They indulge in yuri content, despite it being non con, yet they don't want to watch a healthy show about a healthy gay relationship?

I have covered this extensively. The user in question is almost certainly a straight male. This mean they are attracted to the female gender. This means they do not want to watch two of the male gender fucking. This does not mean they hate the sheer idea of two men being in a relationship, they just don't get off on watching one. It's honestly so fucking simple.

Like I said, it's not homophobic to not watch it because you find the romance genre boring (i have a friend that hates romance genre) but to simply say im not watching because its gay then proceed to watch yuri content, is someone homophobic with a fetish. So by your logic, Given a show that has a male gay couple, that deals with suicide, depression, loosing a loved one, and finding yourself is fetishing gay men and is unwatchable for a straight man that watched Citrus with lots of non con make out scenes. How about Sasaki to Miyano? It's cute, it's fluffy, its wholesome. Both of these shows have no sexual assault, no toxicity, the characters are super well developed! But it's too fetishing for straight men apparently. I could get someone not watching (https://myanimelist.net/anime/37597/Dakaretai_Otoko_1-i_ni_Odosarete_Imasu?q=im%20being%20sexually&cat=anime) because it is indeed fetishing the relationship of the two main leads and has lots of fanservice but the two I stated above & more, are perfectly able to be watched by anyone that likes romance and it is not hard to know which shows are heavy with fanservice, it takes little research. So your point is invalid.

All romance content, of any sexuality, by definition, fetishises the relationship it portrays. It being "healthy," which you seem to define as not featuring sexual assault, "toxicity" and "fanservice," does not mean that it isn't a relationship presented to an audience to satisfy their interests, ergo, fetishising. Frankly, it just sounds like you have a "healthy relationship" fetish, but regardless, you're still completely ignoring what I laid out above, so this entire line of argument is as good as a red herring.

But let's get this conversation back on track. I direct you to one sentence from the centre of my last comment, which about encapsulates this whole discussion; do you truly think that what you like should dictate everyone else's behaviour?
Apr 7, 2022 5:14 AM
Jul 2018
O_T_T said:
TinaTunaTina said:
I have already told you over and over why I believe that way. I dont believe in toxicity or trashing on something that someone else enjoys. I usually state in the forums that it isn't my thing and move on. Nowhere do I call the show a piece of trash or stupid or any of these other replies that other people do. That is how I go about talking about a show I dont like.

Yes, we're all already well aware that is how you choose to behave. But that's not what this discussion is about. This discussion is about you wanting everyone else to behave that way also.

I just can't get why others can't be respectful.

Because as we've already established, one is both not required to be "respectful" nor is it even possible to be so.

I get how you think on the matter, but that is how I PERSONALLY feel and that is not going to change.

I've already covered how saying "oh well that's how you feel" is diminishing the argument, and thus an invalid counterpoint. And again, I'm not expecting you to change, I'm explaining why your view (that is, that everyone should act according to your idea of what is "respectful") is incorrect.

The internet is already toxic enough, and I do not wish to fall into that umbrella. Also me asking why people are being rude on a forum about a show that isn't even aired yet, isn't being toxic.

Making false allegations of homophobia is perhaps the most "toxic" thing one can do. Let's not kid ourselves, your "asking why people are being rude" is clearly derogatory.

I am simply wondering why these people have to make insensitive comments on a show that isn't their taste and the person with the sexual assault comment, goes out of their way to whine about yaoi or fujo in every forum they can, so it can be annoying.

Again, already covered this. It's annoying to you. That doesn't mean it's false or out of place to say.

The reason I brought up that anime in the first place was to make a point, that people jump the gun way too much when it comes to shows

If you're referring to Aharen, then your point makes no sense, I've discussed how denoting it "bait" is accurate. There's no "jumping the gun" taking place.

and how I said previously in a different post people will simply assume a show is a yaoi or yuri, just because there is two of the same sex characters on the title photo. Heck, they could have an all male or female cast, then have nothing to do with romance, and still wonder if its yaoi or yuri. I personally go with the flow so I don't understand this mindset.

First, I've already covered how it's not "assumption," but conclusion. It has nothing to do with just having two guys in the cover, but how they are posed, where detail is put, what the synopsis says, and so forth. I walked you through this, if you remember.

Second, is this relevant, at all? I've already pointed out that you're defending this show as a yaoi, so your own assertion that it cannot be figured out yet is contradicted.

This entire point is a dead horse, there's really nothing more to say on it, in either direction.

I brought myself up, because fiction reflects reality. Without reality, we wouldn't have fiction. They both balance eachother. There are some people out there that are young and take a lot of time to hit puberty or someone like that me, that doesn't age with accordance to my age. Which could be the same problem with the girl in the show. Who knows?

Are you just not reading entire paragraphs I put down? I already explained how "bait" works, and how your real-world appearance is irrelevant. "Fiction affects reality" is a true statement, but the way you've employed it here is nonsensical. I remind you, the eponymous character's appearance is a wilful choice by the creator, to gain a particular audience.

But I do know people jump the gun way too quickly. Though with a score of 7.72 for the first episode and everyone calling it wholesome in the forums, I'm pretty sure everyone moved past that lolicon bait agenda people were trying to pull.

Ad Populum. What the score is, and what people are calling it, doesn't affect the actual matter. And assuming there's any sort of "agenda" is simply making shit up to suit your biases, you know full well there's no agenda in noticing that a character is made to look like a child.

Yes, there's some stigma surrounding it, but that's entirely tangential to the actual matter. I remind you of what I said earlier, it's to do with what the genre offers, not what someone is or isn't allowed to do.

Not to mention that if you want to insinuate there is indeed a rule impeding people from yaoi content, that only further supports the user in question not being homophobic, since they're just following said "rule."

When someone watches yuri but will not watch yaoi, do you know what the first thing comes to mind? Someone homophobic with a lesbian fetish.

Explain why this comes to mind. You still haven't established where the "homophobic" part comes from, other than your own biased assumption.

They can watch a rape/incest yuri but can't watch something like Sasaki to Miyano? Given? They indulge in yuri content, despite it being non con, yet they don't want to watch a healthy show about a healthy gay relationship?

I have covered this extensively. The user in question is almost certainly a straight male. This mean they are attracted to the female gender. This means they do not want to watch two of the male gender fucking. This does not mean they hate the sheer idea of two men being in a relationship, they just don't get off on watching one. It's honestly so fucking simple.

Like I said, it's not homophobic to not watch it because you find the romance genre boring (i have a friend that hates romance genre) but to simply say im not watching because its gay then proceed to watch yuri content, is someone homophobic with a fetish. So by your logic, Given a show that has a male gay couple, that deals with suicide, depression, loosing a loved one, and finding yourself is fetishing gay men and is unwatchable for a straight man that watched Citrus with lots of non con make out scenes. How about Sasaki to Miyano? It's cute, it's fluffy, its wholesome. Both of these shows have no sexual assault, no toxicity, the characters are super well developed! But it's too fetishing for straight men apparently. I could get someone not watching (https://myanimelist.net/anime/37597/Dakaretai_Otoko_1-i_ni_Odosarete_Imasu?q=im%20being%20sexually&cat=anime) because it is indeed fetishing the relationship of the two main leads and has lots of fanservice but the two I stated above & more, are perfectly able to be watched by anyone that likes romance and it is not hard to know which shows are heavy with fanservice, it takes little research. So your point is invalid.

All romance content, of any sexuality, by definition, fetishises the relationship it portrays. It being "healthy," which you seem to define as not featuring sexual assault, "toxicity" and "fanservice," does not mean that it isn't a relationship presented to an audience to satisfy their interests, ergo, fetishising. Frankly, it just sounds like you have a "healthy relationship" fetish, but regardless, you're still completely ignoring what I laid out above, so this entire line of argument is as good as a red herring.

But let's get this conversation back on track. I direct you to one sentence from the centre of my last comment, which about encapsulates this whole discussion; do you truly think that what you like should dictate everyone else's behaviour?
I am not making false accusations that people are homophobic. I am explaining why it is homophobic to not watch a show because of a character's sexuality. You choose to not watch a show, because of the characters sexuality, not because the animation isnt good, not because the plot is boring, not because you don't like the voice actors, but because of the characters sexuality itself and when you turn around and watch rape content yuri, yes it does make someone seem homophobic with a fetish. Someone that is straight and likes romance, should be able to watch something like the two shows I said before, without a problem, if they truly aren't discriminating against gay men. Romance is about two people falling in love, it shouldn't matter to the viewer what gender they are, especially with someone secure with their sexuality. I just think it's funny that your saying the person most likely just likes to watch rape yuri as a fetish since all the romance is just a fetish itself. Yeah, I love healthy relationships. I personally don't want to watch rape content, for my own personal issues and would prefer to see the characters be equal standing, but how does that make it a fetish? A fetish is something that gives you sexual desire, such as clothing, or a part of the body. I don't feel sexual desire from watching a wholesome romance show, it makes me happy, it makes me enjoy the story and characters, it doesn't make me horny.

Also I want to make this clear. I'm not saying they have to watch two men fuck. I already said multiple times that the two shows I have been talking about this whole time, are two shows with no fanservice and are healthy. Infact Given has only one kiss scene and Sasaki to Miyano only has two and it's not a make out scene, it's a peck of the lips and they move away. If that makes someone hate the show, then that only helps my case when it comes to homophobia. If I truly wanted them to watch two men fuck, why would I say later on that I could get them not watching fanservice heavy yaoi like (https://myanimelist.net/anime/37597/Dakaretai_Otoko_1-i_ni_Odosarete_Imasu?q=im%20being%20sexually&cat=anime) the one I linked before. Seriously, are you trying to put words in my mouth? I feel like you're not even reading my posts here.

I'm not sure what yaoi rule im implying here? I just know a lot of people ask on the forums if this show is healthy, or does it have heavy fanservice, because they're not looking for something toxic or something fetishizing gay men. They just want to see a love story. Given and Sasaki to Miyano is that, like I stated above and honestly anyone should be able to watch Given regardless, because the romance isn't the main factor of the story. Like I said, it deals with suicide, depression, finding yourself, and accepting the loss of someone important, a lot of life lessons that anyone could relate to. It's just kinda sad that people won't watch it because of the romance sidestory. I honestly don't care about the fanservice in the yuri shows I've watch, because I've become numb to it, but I understand why others wouldn't want to watch fanservice bl stories. But the two above still aren't fanserviced.

I think you already know the answer to your last question. If someone doesn't like the genre and is willingly being rude about the show in the comments, then I will say something. Like I said, it's fine to have constructive criticism on why you didn't like it, but just saying stupid things like "who is gonna sexually assault who" isn't doing that. There are plently of shows aimed at men (ecchi, harem, isekai, etc) but the hate for shows aimed at women on this site is at a all time high. There was even a pedophilia bait show that was aired a few seasons ago (https://myanimelist.net/anime/41812/Megami-ryou_no_Ryoubo-kun?q=goddess&cat=anime) that everyone was so looking forward to and saying a lot of positive things about it, even though it was pretty much shotacon. But a show like this that we know nothing about, but because there it two guys on the cover, its unwatchable, or theyre gonna sexually assault one another. I mean I honestly can go on, but I doubt you want to hear anymore of my rambling, this is stuff I have said already.
removed-userApr 7, 2022 11:12 AM
Apr 9, 2022 1:39 AM
Jan 2021
What the heck is with this comments section -.-
Apr 11, 2022 3:06 AM

Feb 2019
TinaTunaTina said:
I am not making false accusations that people are homophobic.

We have already extensively established this is precisely what you're doing. Insisting you are not in despite of that is simply inattentive.

I am explaining why it is homophobic to not watch a show because of a character's sexuality.

You are saying that, you are not explaining that. I have already shown you what the difference is.

You choose to not watch a show, because of the characters sexuality, not because the animation isnt good, not because the plot is boring, not because you don't like the voice actors, but because of the characters sexuality itself and when you turn around and watch rape content yuri, yes it does make someone seem homophobic with a fetish.

I have already instructed you to explain why you think they "seem" that way. You have not done so. This really should not be giving you as much difficulty as it appears to be.

Someone that is straight and likes romance, should be able to watch something like the two shows I said before, without a problem, if they truly aren't discriminating against gay men.

First, I've already established a perfectly legible set of reasons why they may not, namely, that the subgenre simply does not match their sexuality and therefore does not provide the intended effect.

Second, how is someone discriminating against gay men by not watching two fictional ones make out? Explain this.

Romance is about two people falling in love, it shouldn't matter to the viewer what gender they are, especially with someone secure with their sexuality. I just think it's funny that your saying the person most likely just likes to watch rape yuri as a fetish since all the romance is just a fetish itself. Yeah, I love healthy relationships. I personally don't want to watch rape content, for my own personal issues and would prefer to see the characters be equal standing, but how does that make it a fetish? A fetish is something that gives you sexual desire, such as clothing, or a part of the body. I don't feel sexual desire from watching a wholesome romance show, it makes me happy, it makes me enjoy the story and characters, it doesn't make me horny.

A fetish is defined as any concept, situation or object one desires for reasons of their own, so the earlier suggestion I posed still applies. It's also completely irrelevant to the subject, so I'll end this tangent here.

Also I want to make this clear. I'm not saying they have to watch two men fuck. I already said multiple times that the two shows I have been talking about this whole time, are two shows with no fanservice and are healthy. Infact Given has only one kiss scene and Sasaki to Miyano only has two and it's not a make out scene, it's a peck of the lips and they move away. If that makes someone hate the show, then that only helps my case when it comes to homophobia.

It doesn't help your case one bit. As a matter of fact, you've knocked another leg off your point, since you've accepted that a straight man has no interest in seeing gay sex, so that they'd also have no interest in what you consider "healthy" relationships follows from this in full logic. As I told you earlier, whether or not a relationship is "healthy" or if a show does or does not have "fanservice" does not in any way affect the interest one has in it. Nobody's (or at least very few people's) sexuality changes depending on how visceral a relationship is.

If I truly wanted them to watch two men fuck, why would I say later on that I could get them not watching fanservice heavy yaoi like (https://myanimelist.net/anime/37597/Dakaretai_Otoko_1-i_ni_Odosarete_Imasu?q=im%20being%20sexually&cat=anime) the one I linked before.

While you belabour this already disproven point, I'll take a moment to confirm; Would you attest that someone is not homophobic for not watching that show, whilst being of an incompatible sexuality?

Seriously, are you trying to put words in my mouth? I feel like you're not even reading my posts here.

I have specifically responded to the entire content of your earlier post. You appear to be confusing "I do not understand/want to accept this rebuttal" with there not being one, which is an appeal to Personal Incredulity.

And insinuating I'm not reading your words is calling the Kettle black, since I already pointed out the same previously.

I'm not sure what yaoi rule im implying here?

Have you seriously just forgotten your own point? You brought up that you believe there is a rule that, quote, "straight guys can't enjoy bl or straight girls can't enjoy gl" two comments ago.

I just know a lot of people ask on the forums if this show is healthy, or does it have heavy fanservice, because they're not looking for something toxic or something fetishizing gay men.

I have already covered how a show not being "toxic" or not having "fanservice" does not make it any less fetishised. You are once again ignoring entire paragraphs of mine and simply repeating the same point it was in response to.

They just want to see a love story. Given and Sasaki to Miyano is that, like I stated above and honestly anyone should be able to watch Given regardless, because the romance isn't the main factor of the story. Like I said, it deals with suicide, depression, finding yourself, and accepting the loss of someone important, a lot of life lessons that anyone could relate to. It's just kinda sad that people won't watch it because of the romance sidestory. I honestly don't care about the fanservice in the yuri shows I've watch, because I've become numb to it, but I understand why others wouldn't want to watch fanservice bl stories. But the two above still aren't fanserviced.

It's not relevant if they have "fanservice," and it's not relevant what some specific people are looking for. I've been over this.

I think you already know the answer to your last question.

I do, but I want you to confirm and try to justify it. That you're trying to dodge it, strongly suggests you realise you cannot, and so don't want to admit that. Feel free to prove me wrong, since otherwise I'll conclude I'm right.

If someone doesn't like the genre and is willingly being rude about the show in the comments, then I will say something.

Oh for fuck's sake. I have told you this about 7 or 8 times now, you can't be "rude" about a show. It doesn't have feelings. It's a show.

Like I said, it's fine to have constructive criticism on why you didn't like it, but just saying stupid things like "who is gonna sexually assault who" isn't doing that.

Did I not already respond to this statement, word for word? You're going around in circles.

There are plently of shows aimed at men (ecchi, harem, isekai, etc) but the hate for shows aimed at women on this site is at a all time high.

Interesting, you admit they're aimed for women. This bolsters my earlier statement, that such shows simply aren't aimed at straight men and so they aren't homophobic for sticking to this.

There was even a pedophilia bait show that was aired a few seasons ago (https://myanimelist.net/anime/41812/Megami-ryou_no_Ryoubo-kun?q=goddess&cat=anime) that everyone was so looking forward to and saying a lot of positive things about it, even though it was pretty much shotacon.

You've brought up lots of irrelevant things so far, but this is by far the most completely, bizarrely unrelated. What does it have to do with anything here?

But a show like this that we know nothing about, but because there it two guys on the cover, its unwatchable, or theyre gonna sexually assault one another. I mean I honestly can go on, but I doubt you want to hear anymore of my rambling, this is stuff I have said already.

I absolutely want you to go on, but so far it seems as though you can only go in circles. Literally everything you've said in this comment is stuff you've brought up earlier, that I already gave counterarguments to. Even just here, "because there are two guys on the cover," you're completely ignoring I earlier explained precisely how one can make the conclusion it's a yaoi show, and noted the fact that you did also, but once more you flagrantly repeat it as though I didn't.

I repeat the question I ended with previously.
Apr 12, 2022 6:10 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
theHamzter said:
What the heck is with this comments section -.-
What you're seeing here is pure pretentiousness by our resident "god on earth with supreme and objective taste" who refuses to accept that many examples of her ways or thinking/beliefs are flawed at best and that she can also be wrong
Apr 15, 2022 6:16 PM
Jul 2018
Honestly I'm done aguring in this forum. It's obvious we have different beliefs in these topics. I'm just going to leave it at that. It's honestly giving me a headache.

More topics from this board

» 'Shoushimin Series' Unveils Additional Staff, Theme Songs, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

2 by RobertBobert »»
15 minutes ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

17 by RobertBobert »»
19 minutes ago

» 'Yami Shibai' Gets 13th Season in Summer 2024

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

5 by RobertBobert »»
23 minutes ago

» Gainax Begins Production of 'Aoki Uru' Anime Movie After Lawsuit

arsonal - Jun 23, 2017

25 by wallus81 »»
7 hours ago

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki Chоujin Shiso-hen' Reveals Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 12 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.