Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 16, 2022 5:41 PM

Nov 2021
I'm planning on watching this anime since I've heard friends tell me it's similar to other anime I've watched but I'm not really interested in music a lot, so would it be boring to watch as a person who knows basically nothing about music?
Mar 16, 2022 6:22 PM
Jun 2021
music isn’t the main focus, it’s focused on the other genres the most, and music is just a base for it to go off of
Mar 16, 2022 7:33 PM
Nov 2021
ADDION_ said:
I'm planning on watching this anime since I've heard friends tell me it's similar to other anime I've watched but I'm not really interested in music a lot, so would it be boring to watch as a person who knows basically nothing about music?

if you don't want a heartbreak then don't watch
Mar 16, 2022 7:38 PM
Nov 2018
I didn’t like the ending to White Album 2 but it is not all music oriented. Romance would be the primary other genre.
Mar 16, 2022 7:51 PM
Jun 2021
I think music like how demon isn't a genre but like a theme. its not like a music focused show, just a show with music as a theme
Mar 16, 2022 8:00 PM

Nov 2021
titodacat said:
I think music like how demon isn't a genre but like a theme. its not like a music focused show, just a show with music as a theme

But would you say that being knowledgeable in music would make the anime more enjoyable?
Mar 16, 2022 8:03 PM
Jun 2021
ADDION_ said:
titodacat said:

But would you say that being knowledgeable in music would make the anime more enjoyable?
No, it wouldn't change it, its just singing and stuff not like actual music
Mar 16, 2022 9:07 PM

Nov 2021
titodacat said:
ADDION_ said:

No, it wouldn't change it, its just singing and stuff not like actual music

Alright thanks, ill watch it
Mar 17, 2022 11:50 AM

Feb 2021
The music and scene scores are a thematic element and a plot device to the love triangle. That being said, the music is all very good and this anime is overall one I'll always recommend to anyone who can withstand some sadness.
Mar 17, 2022 2:40 PM
Dec 2007
The music is in there but not the main focus. Only keep in mind, the anime only tells the first quarter of the story. You need to read the visual novel for the rest. Luckily it's now translated in English and it's one hell of a ride, by far the best romance story I've seen.

Also if you like it, Saekano is by the same writer and is very good as well. It's 2 seasons and a movie
Mar 17, 2022 2:43 PM

Oct 2020
The music isn't the main focus, but it's really good/memorable. WA2 is primarily character driven.
Mar 18, 2022 4:56 PM
Aug 2020
If you're into a highschool drama with strong feelings and relatable characters٫ go for it. Its not primarily around music so you wont have to worry about that.
Mar 18, 2022 8:05 PM

Nov 2021
MilkOtakuSenpai said:
If you're into a highschool drama with strong feelings and relatable characters٫ go for it. Its not primarily around music so you wont have to worry about that.

So like oregairu?
Mar 19, 2022 1:55 AM
Feb 2019
if you're watching this for music then I personally wouldn't watch it as it doesn't necessarily focus on music but on other stuff
Mar 19, 2022 4:28 AM
Aug 2020
ADDION_ said:
MilkOtakuSenpai said:

So like oregairu?
Yeah sorta like oregairu but dont go into the show thinking they are the same.
Mar 19, 2022 10:25 PM

Nov 2021
MilkOtakuSenpai said:
ADDION_ said:

So like oregairu?

i just finished it and i think theyre a bit similar except that the pacing was way faster in white album
Mar 20, 2022 5:48 AM
Aug 2020
ADDION_ said:
MilkOtakuSenpai said:

i just finished it and i think theyre a bit similar except that the pacing was way faster in white album

Yeah now that you finished it I gotta say whoever that orange haired girl was again. She pissed me off I remember hating her to death.
Mar 20, 2022 9:56 AM

Nov 2021
MilkOtakuSenpai said:
ADDION_ said:

Yeah now that you finished it I gotta say whoever that orange haired girl was again. She pissed me off I remember hating her to death.

you mean the orange haired girl in oregairu or white album?
all my homies love yui and hate setsuna
Mar 20, 2022 9:58 AM
Aug 2020
ADDION_ said:
MilkOtakuSenpai said:

you mean the orange haired girl in oregairu or white album?
all my homies love yui and hate setsuna

I meant Setsuna she ruined the whole relationship and I hated her for that. I loved Yui though.
Mar 23, 2022 7:47 AM

Feb 2021
MilkOtakuSenpai said:
I meant Setsuna she ruined the whole relationship and I hated her for that. I loved Yui though.

There was more nuance to that than you give credit for. All 3 of them ruined all 3 of their relationships. If anything, I respect Setsuna for being the only one who directly went after what she wanted. The real "ruiner of relationships" is Haruki.

I may have some revisionist memories of the anime though because after playing through the VN I can say it does a much better job portraying that aspect than the anime did. Perhaps it's time I rewatched this one. But hard disagree on hating either girl for what they did.
Mar 23, 2022 4:11 PM
Aug 2020
HatTrickPatrick said:
MilkOtakuSenpai said:

There was more nuance to that than you give credit for. All 3 of them ruined all 3 of their relationships. If anything, I respect Setsuna for being the only one who directly went after what she wanted. The real "ruiner of relationships" is Haruki.

I may have some revisionist memories of the anime though because after playing through the VN I can say it does a much better job portraying that aspect than the anime did. Perhaps it's time I rewatched this one. But hard disagree on hating either girl for what they did.
I mean admittingly it has been a while since I’ve watched the anime. I remember one of the main things I took away from the show was my annoyance for Setsuna. But now that I’m more mature maybe I’d be able to grasp on to what you’re saying. Maybe watching that show at 13 wasn’t a good idea… lmao

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

202 by Giolbat »»
Mar 12, 7:03 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2013

221 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 10:50 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

200 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 7:40 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Dec 7, 2013

158 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 8, 3:59 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

856 by GingZ »»
Mar 1, 3:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.