Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 16, 2022 7:09 AM
Mar 2021
What is the best isekai anime and if possible then give reason why it is better than others
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 16, 2022 7:24 AM

Sep 2018
My top 3 isekai are
1. Fantasy Bishoujo
2. Re Zero
3. Bookworm

Fantasy Bishoujo is my personal fav since I love all the characters, and it is the funniest isekai I have seen.

Re Zero 2nd since I love seeing a mc fail sometimes in which Subaru is a amazing mc. When he goes nuts it always entertains me. He also has some great friends, and his world is interesting.

Bookworm 3rd since the characters and story are pretty solid and original.
rohan121Mar 16, 2022 7:27 AM
Mar 16, 2022 7:27 AM

Oct 2021
Anime only? It's Youjo Senki, because war criminal loli.
Mar 16, 2022 7:27 AM

May 2021
mushoku Tensei ngl wasn't my favourite until part 2. now it's my favourite
Mar 16, 2022 7:29 AM
Jan 2021
I haven't seen too many Isekai but I personally like konosuba because comedy anime always get a high rating for me
Mar 16, 2022 7:31 AM
Mar 2021
Khushal_v said:
What is the best isekai anime and if possible then give reason why it is better than others

If i have to choose one so it's obvious that I will choose That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime. Because it's my all time favourite anime, manga and light novel. In second i will choose No Game No Life i didn't read it's LN yet but it's anime and movie was freaking awesome. I want a season 2 (Season 2 is not confirmed yet because it's light novel has no content left to adapt how slow is the writer).
I aslo recommend you to watch Overlord and The Rising Of Shield Hero these two are also so good.
I don't want to say again but even after watching Re:Zero 2 times I don't get the anime. when i asked people are saying you are little that's why you don't get it. But I am a Isikai and Fentesy fan so I re-watch again to understand. But one thing about anime never change that Rem is cutest of all. I hope she will end of with MC.

Mar 16, 2022 7:31 AM
May 2020
My top three would be
1) Overlord
2) Tensura
3) Bookworm
Mar 16, 2022 7:35 AM
Jul 2021
Top 3 isekai:
1. mushoku tensei
2. konosuba
3. re zero

Mushoku Tensei best because of the world building and the characters and their character development.
Mar 16, 2022 7:35 AM
Feb 2021
i haven’t even finished it yet and i can damn well say it’s seirei gensouki. choujin koukousei-tachi wa isekai demo yoyuu de ikinuku you desu! comes in a close second.
Mar 16, 2022 7:39 AM
Senpai

May 2021
Sword Art Online of course. It is well appreciated in the anime community ;) People love it here on MAL.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Mar 16, 2022 7:40 AM
Aug 2021
Re:Zero Series, Konosuba Series and Saga of Tanya the Evil Series

Mushoku Tensei Series is a Overrated & Overhyped garbage fiction while the story is about a guy who got hit by a truck then goes to Isekai as a kid for doing the ecchi stuff and ruined the show as well as the pretentious Isekai I've ever seen and I can't bear with it.

No Game No Life is about a guy and a loli playing a game then goes to Isekai then make a harem loli and that's all, the art style is the worst art style ever in the anime history, the colors is unpleasant for eyes, pretentious, cringefest, I cant bear with it.

Same as Mushoku Tensei it's Cliche, Predictable, Overrated and Overhyped garbage fiction

I've been wondering why people nowadays are dumb
StaciasMar 16, 2022 8:43 AM
Mar 16, 2022 7:43 AM

Mar 2012
Juuni Kokuki is the only best isekai, unique and well thought out setting and world building, great plot and doesn't pander to creepy otaku's wet power fantasies.

If I have to pick from the poll then Re:Zero.
Mar 16, 2022 7:46 AM
Apr 2021
Haha. I like how the poll didn’t include the one isekai that started the never ending isekai genre - SAO. But definitely not a favorite. Personally not a fan of isekai but have watched almost all of the mainstream ones now. My #1 is MT Jobless reincarnated. Following would be Acendance of a bookworm, Shield Bro, then Konosuba. Props given to Bofuri and No game no life for being entertaining tho.
Discord/ Instagram/ Reddit: @martin19_m
Gaming: atheleticgirl01
Mar 16, 2022 8:05 AM
Aug 2021
Re:Zero and MT. Both amazing isekai and just anime in general. No Game No Life was also enjoyable. Tensura and Overlord are also okay but are lacking in a lot of areas.
Mar 16, 2022 8:06 AM
Apr 2021
For me the top 3 would be
1.Kono Suba
2.Re zero
3.That time I got reincarnated as a slime
Mar 16, 2022 8:08 AM
Aug 2021
martin19_m said:
Haha. I like how the poll didn’t include the one isekai that started the never ending isekai genre - SAO. But definitely not a favorite. Personally not a fan of isekai but have watched almost all of the mainstream ones now. My #1 is MT Jobless reincarnated. Following would be Acendance of a bookworm, Shield Bro, then Konosuba. Props given to Bofuri and No game no life for being entertaining tho.

SAO isn't Isekai, it's a Game, even though you watched it but you didn't know until now huh
Mar 16, 2022 8:10 AM

May 2021
definitely one of the best,but mushoku tensei is still best imo
Mar 16, 2022 8:15 AM
Aug 2019
I’d say my favorites are
1 shield hero
2 overlord
3 slime
Mar 16, 2022 8:28 AM

Dec 2018
I'm just happy my favorite anime finally gets mentioned as the best something. Life is constant pain
Stuff in the streets, Stuff with drip in the sheets
Mar 16, 2022 8:32 AM
May 2021
My fav isekai anime are
1• Tensura both light novel and anime adaptation are freakin awesome the author of Tensura has done brilliant job in world building and character building, their powers(skills, their evolution)and then he didn't stop only on these things he has also reflected on political drama and and one above all is that Rimuru wasn't all powerfull untill the end till beating Yuuki someone was always there more powerfull than him
2• Bookworm-for its originality
3• Rising of a Shield Hero
4• Re-Zero
5• Moonlit Fantasy
6• Konosuba
Mar 16, 2022 8:34 AM
Nov 2019
don't get me wrong ngnl is awesome (at least the part that has been adapted) but can a "glorified ad for the source material" that is probably never getting a season 2 be better than mushoku or tensura?
and if you really want to rank them:
1-MT
2-tensura
3-overlord
4-ngnl
5-bookworm
99-re:zero
999-konosuba
kushakashiMar 16, 2022 8:40 AM
Mar 16, 2022 8:37 AM

Jan 2020
no game no life is Deffo a special place in my heart. it's just as good as jobless reincarnation!! since they have different stories and plots it's difficult to say if no game no life is actually better. I personally love the animation more because it's so different from all other anime.
Mar 16, 2022 8:41 AM
Feb 2022
Oh come on u can't put Konosuba (my fav isekai that is actually so fun to watch) and Mushouku (a isekai that is after season 2 a 10/10) on the same line. I love them both way too much.

Uuuuu but if I have to rlly decide, them Mushouku, bc I love it. I love it. Even bought the manga. It's just so good
Mar 16, 2022 9:42 AM
Dec 2021
There's more great isekai that should be included in this list. For example tate no yuusha, mushoku tensei (my favorite), overlord, yahy sama(reversed isekai). And no game no life zero was amazing but parent story is beautiful but so dumb it hurts. Update list man. It's not even half completed
Mar 16, 2022 10:00 AM
Mar 2021
Mcfang24 said:
There's more great isekai that should be included in this list. For example tate no yuusha, mushoku tensei (my favorite), overlord, yahy sama(reversed isekai). And no game no life zero was amazing but parent story is beautiful but so dumb it hurts. Update list man. It's not even half completed

mushoku tensei is in list with name jobless reincarnation
Mar 16, 2022 10:24 AM
Dec 2021
Khushal_v said:
Mcfang24 said:

mushoku tensei is in list with name jobless reincarnation
Thanks man, i wasnt familiar with english title.
Mar 16, 2022 10:30 AM
Dec 2020
my top 3 is this i gues,I like Isekai a lot but these are something special, but Re:Zero is really amazing
⚪Re Zero
⚪No game no life
⚪Konosuba
Mar 16, 2022 10:40 AM

Mar 2019
Unpopular opinion: sao is good. My fav isekai is jobless tho
Mar 16, 2022 11:54 AM
Aug 2021
my top 3 are :-

1-that time i got reincarnated as a slime
2-moonlight fantasy
3-jobless reincarnation
Mar 16, 2022 11:56 AM

Sep 2020
RezarR said:
Khushal_v said:

If i have to choose one so it's obvious that I will choose That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime. Because it's my all time favourite anime, manga and light novel. In second i will choose No Game No Life i didn't read it's LN yet but it's anime and movie was freaking awesome. I want a season 2 (Season 2 is not confirmed yet because it's light novel has no content left to adapt how slow is the writer).
I aslo recommend you to watch Overlord and The Rising Of Shield Hero these two are also so good.
I don't want to say again but even after watching Re:Zero 2 times I don't get the anime. when i asked people are saying you are little that's why you don't get it. But I am a Isikai and Fentesy fan so I re-watch again to understand. But one thing about anime never change that Rem is cutest of all. I hope she will end of with MC.

Re Zero is about a protagonist with no power what so ever to find a way to victory with nothing but his wits and his will. And though he does has his ability to return by death but that's as much of a blessing as it's a curse, that's a dilemma that both we the audience and Subaru himself feels. At numerous points in the show Subaru deals with truma, hopelessness, loneliness, mental and physical pain, pain of dieing, not once or twice but multiple times, imagine what that does to a person, the experience of dieing, feeling all that pain again and again and remembering it, and through it all he's always alone, he can't share his situation, not even talk about it with anyone, solitude in an already devastating condition but he doesn't give up, he did have a breakdown, but Rem helped him back on his feet again because loved ones understand your feelings without you having to tell them anything. All in all, RE Zero deals with a lot of heavy emotions, a normal human put through such extreme conditions, so it's more relatable for a lot of people because you can understand how Subaru is feeling. Add to that it has a nice story with good mystery, a nice cast of supporting characters and pretty decent pacing.

I'd say Tensura and RE Zero are pretty different kind of Anime, Tensura is a light, wholesome experience while Re Zero is more of a dark, psychological thriller. They are both pretty good in their own, but if I had to choose I prefer Re Zero over Tensura but that's just my opinion of course, as I said they're both very different so it highly depends what kind of content you prefer.
Mar 16, 2022 12:02 PM

Nov 2021
1--->Konusba for sure too funny
2--->Slime
3--->Ngnl

I dropped re zero and jobless reincarnation cause were a bit boring so can't say much about them tbh
Mar 16, 2022 12:03 PM

Nov 2021
tzionsmooth4000 said:
I haven't seen too many Isekai but I personally like konosuba because comedy anime always get a high rating for me

Same!!!
Konosuba for the win!
It was hilarious tbh
Mar 16, 2022 12:24 PM
Jul 2018
As for me Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi (Redo of Healer) without doubt.
Mar 16, 2022 12:36 PM

Jun 2021
Fullmetal Alchemist is the best Isekai. The Homunculli got Isekai'd into our, real-world and did everything Isekai MCs do (everything wrong and got away with it). Ed, Al, Win, Roy, Riza, and Olivier are the best "antagonists" because of it. Trash isekai doesn't exists, and that's why I love it! #Downwith @Gigguk
ねえ、それはあなたです! あなたがカズマやトーマが好きなエッチ/ハーレムファンなら、女性を「平等に」扱うので、女性を殴る/軽蔑する2人のマッチョな男性か、Free!/YOIが好きだがフェアリーテイルの悪を話すTumblrファンガールです/ DxDとSAOは、ファンサービスがあり、アニメやマンガでBL / LGBTQ +ファンサービスが好きで、自分を「フェミニスト」と呼んでいるためです。自分は偽善者に過ぎず、価値観を再考し、これらの二重で停止する必要があることを知ってください。標準。 真剣に、それを止めてください😁。 #MenHaveTheRightToWorkInShortsInHotDays #MALMemberSince2010#Kirisuna Nico Nico no Hyouryuuken!
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMsHeAUgW0lgREhidvVfUeeXb2M5WTADZ (Music about God).

*Bill Clinton's voice* I did not have sexual relationships with that anime girl. *Hilary Clinton's voice* waifu's rights are human rights, and human rights are waifu's rights. *God Emperor Donald Trump's voice* Yaoi anime will soon be illegal. All fujos will be arrested.

Mar 16, 2022 12:58 PM

May 2021
I will just make my own list:

1. Re: Zero - A no-brainer. Perhaps not the best in terms of production quality but its writing is supreme.
  2. Fantasy Bishoujo - It has no intention of taking itself seriously and it works. The two main characters at least have a decent personality.
  3. Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online - Better AND more exciting than the main story.
  4. Fullmetal Alchemist - Its technically an isekai even tho that's the weakest part of the show.
  5. Youjo Senki - Tanya's twisted personality is quite interesting.
  6. Konosuba - Watched it at a time when I hadn't watched many isekai. Maybe I will rewatch it.
  7. Mushoku Tensei - High production quality tho I wish it would take its themes a bit more seriously.
  8. The Devil is a Part-Timer!! - Quite fun.
  9. Overlord - Genocide's badass.
  10. Isekai Quartet- Better than The Avengers.
  11. Sword Art Online - Alicization was decent, at least.
  12. The Rising of the Shield Hero - First Naofumi got betrayed and then the viewer.

Mar 16, 2022 3:32 PM
Mar 2020
Better characters Mushoku tensei

Better plot Re; Zero.

Ofc I haven’t read the LN, just judging from what I’ve watched.

𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴, 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯’𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 16, 2022 4:41 PM
Jan 2022
Mushoku Tensei is hands down my favorite isekai. I love Re:Zero, Konosuba, and That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime. But where Re:Zero is emotional and original, the Slime isekai has incredible world building, and Konosuba is one of the funniest animes I’ve ever seen, Mushoku Tensei takes all of those qualities and combines it into one anime. It’s animation is on a whole different level, which makes its fight scenes incredibly captivating. I also found it’s intro style very unique in that it doesn’t have concrete intro sequences but features beautiful songs over the opening scene of each episode. I loved the themes of redemption and companionship. I found myself crying during multiple occasions across the first season and laughing just as many times and I always appreciate an anime that can touch my emotions in different ways. For anyone that hasn’t seen it I highly recommend watching.

If I were to make my own isekai list:
1. Mushoku Tensei
2. Re:Zero
3. Rising of the Shield Hero
4. That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
5. Konosuba
6. No Game No Life
chrisginMar 16, 2022 4:48 PM
Mar 16, 2022 5:25 PM
Jul 2021
1: Konosuba
2: SAO (but only the aincrad part)
3: Drifters
Mar 16, 2022 7:03 PM
Mar 2021
Arerumi said:
RezarR said:

Re Zero is about a protagonist with no power what so ever to find a way to victory with nothing but his wits and his will. And though he does has his ability to return by death but that's as much of a blessing as it's a curse, that's a dilemma that both we the audience and Subaru himself feels. At numerous points in the show Subaru deals with truma, hopelessness, loneliness, mental and physical pain, pain of dieing, not once or twice but multiple times, imagine what that does to a person, the experience of dieing, feeling all that pain again and again and remembering it, and through it all he's always alone, he can't share his situation, not even talk about it with anyone, solitude in an already devastating condition but he doesn't give up, he did have a breakdown, but Rem helped him back on his feet again because loved ones understand your feelings without you having to tell them anything. All in all, RE Zero deals with a lot of heavy emotions, a normal human put through such extreme conditions, so it's more relatable for a lot of people because you can understand how Subaru is feeling. Add to that it has a nice story with good mystery, a nice cast of supporting characters and pretty decent pacing.

I'd say Tensura and RE Zero are pretty different kind of Anime, Tensura is a light, wholesome experience while Re Zero is more of a dark, psychological thriller. They are both pretty good in their own, but if I had to choose I prefer Re Zero over Tensura but that's just my opinion of course, as I said they're both very different so it highly depends what kind of content you prefer.
Yes, bro I get that much myself. I like Isikai, Fentesy,Romance but even so I don't get it the mystery part in last season of Re zero. You can say I am take little bit more time to get the mystery part of an anime from an average person. That's why i re watch my favourite Isikai and romance anime again and again (That maybe for satisfaction or to understand the story). Mystery and Psychology are good but it's bit hard to get the stuff in a single time.
Mar 16, 2022 9:24 PM
Aug 2021
My top 3 isekai

1.Overlord
2.slime datta Ken
3.Mushoku tensei
Mar 16, 2022 9:41 PM
Feb 2021
martin19_m said:

SAO's Not An Isekai, Right? Reki Kawahara Said That.
Mar 16, 2022 9:43 PM
Apr 2021
Critical_Hits said:
martin19_m said:

SAO's Not An Isekai, Right? Reki Kawahara Said That.
yeah it’s not. I just consider isekai of travel to “a different world” so it’s blurry line but other people put it here and my brain dulled a second. But my bad.
Discord/ Instagram/ Reddit: @martin19_m
Gaming: atheleticgirl01
Mar 16, 2022 10:42 PM

Sep 2020
RezarR said:
Arerumi said:

Yes, bro I get that much myself. I like Isikai, Fentesy,Romance but even so I don't get it the mystery part in last season of Re zero. You can say I am take little bit more time to get the mystery part of an anime from an average person. That's why i re watch my favourite Isikai and romance anime again and again (That maybe for satisfaction or to understand the story). Mystery and Psychology are good but it's bit hard to get the stuff in a single time.
That's understandable, RE Zero's mystery is quite complicated, and you don't have to force yourself to understand it, anime is at the end the day for our entertainment, so just watch whatever you enjoy the most. From your list, I can tell you enjoy more simple, straight forward wholesome shows, and watching anime ain't our jobs, we do it cause we enjoy it so watch whatever you enjoy the most. Don't take this as me criticizing you! You've free to watch any anime you want complicated, simple your choice and if you like Re Zero or any other such anime and then find it hard to understand, Rewatch it as many times as you want or ask people for whatever you didn't understand, all I'm saying is you don't need to force yourself to find something in a show you don't see just because other people say it's there.
Mar 16, 2022 11:09 PM
Jan 2019
Ngnl is the only isekai I have ever watched to date and I’d like to keep it that way…
Mar 16, 2022 11:09 PM
Jan 2019
Ngnl is the only isekai I have ever watched to date and I’d like to keep it that way…
Mar 17, 2022 1:11 AM
Mar 2021
Arerumi said:
RezarR said:
That's understandable, RE Zero's mystery is quite complicated, and you don't have to force yourself to understand it, anime is at the end the day for our entertainment, so just watch whatever you enjoy the most. From your list, I can tell you enjoy more simple, straight forward wholesome shows, and watching anime ain't our jobs, we do it cause we enjoy it so watch whatever you enjoy the most. Don't take this as me criticizing you! You've free to watch any anime you want complicated, simple your choice and if you like Re Zero or any other such anime and then find it hard to understand, Rewatch it as many times as you want or ask people for whatever you didn't understand, all I'm saying is you don't need to force yourself to find something in a show you don't see just because other people say it's there.
Bro, you totally said what I am think when someone tell me to watch that i don't like or don't understood. I totally agree with you in this. I like Isikai Fentesy Romance so I will try to understand the mystery part of the story later. Thanks for understanding. If there is another Re Zero fan he totally got angry with me.🤗
Mar 17, 2022 6:24 AM
Jun 2016
Have to say for my pick,
1. Overlord
2. Rezero
3. That time I got reincarnated as a slime
Mar 17, 2022 6:25 AM
Jul 2020
Khushal_v said:

I would say:
1. Re:zero
2. Mushoku Tensei
3. Konosuba

Re:zero is soo good in terms of story and plot,which is so enjoyable for me to watch,and so much feelings makes me sometimes even cried. On the other hand,Mushoku tensei strong point is more to world building and the chatacters,more like,our mc. We can feel the world,which is what I like about it. Konosuba is one of my first isekai,and just feel so "isekai",like,aside the joke,the world,skill,people,that fantasy element just so well showed. These,is my big three isekai. There's other good isekai that I would like to praise,like youjo senki,tensura,shield hero,jietai and all,but if I had to choose,these three is the best.
Zac22Mar 17, 2022 6:32 AM
Mar 17, 2022 10:50 AM
Jan 2021
Cautious Hero is best Isekai lmao
Mar 17, 2022 5:34 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
I LOVE No Game No Life. Serious question though, will there be a S2 in the anime?? And if so, when?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 14, 2014

705 by Bienard »»
May 12, 6:30 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1022 by NoFaceCastle »»
May 3, 11:14 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2014

510 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 30, 10:10 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

623 by hsallrounder »»
Apr 28, 5:41 AM

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.